Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (67360 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
Burger01: Shymexx and cfcfan.. I never knew you guys are real soccer analysts. I dey gbadun your flows... cool

Bro., I'm a died-hard football fan - I'm just kind of focused on NFL and NBA for now because Football isn't as great as it used to be after the last golden era of the 90s to early 2000s... We just have only two great footballers now(Messi and Ronaldo), the rest aren't that great...

I used to cry because of football back in day, that was how passionate I was about the game... Studied the game like a bible... But football is in comatose for now... How many strikers today can we compare to the Bastituta, Raul Gonzalez, Hernan Crespo, Baggio, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Klinsmann, Ronaldo de Lima, Weah, Rivaldo, Romario, Stoichkov, Marcelo Salas, Zamorano etc. of this world?? How many midfielders can we compare to the Lothar Matthaus, Edgar Davies, Clarence Seedorf, Zidane, Del Piero, Valderrama, Ronaldinho, Makelele, Patrick Viera, Paul Scholes, Hagi, Luis Figo, Didier Deschamps etc. of this world?? And defenders to Sammer, Baresi, Hierro, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Marcel Desailly, Lilian Thuram, Maldini, Frank De Boer etc.. of this world??

Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, and the De Boer brothers are my most favourite footballers of all time... My older brother got me on football from a young age and he's the biggest Ajax and Holland supporter ever... Heck, he had dreads at one time because of Gullit... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Engineer1985(m): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Very soon, we'll start buying calculator to calculate super eagles chances of qualifying frm that group...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
Engineer1985: Very soon, we'll start buying calculator to calculate super eagles chances of qualifying frm that group...

Lol.. We may even need it now, because Nigeria and Malawi are basically neck-and-neck. Both teams are separated by only GF (goals for) - Nigeria has 3 goals, while Malawi has 2 goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by biolabee(m): 3:02am On Mar 24, 2013
shymexx:

Bro., I'm a died-hard football fan - I'm just kind of focused on NFL and NBA for now because Football isn't as great as it used to be after the last golden era of the 90s to early 2000s... We just have only two great footballers now(Messi and Ronaldo), the rest aren't that great...

I used to cry because of football back in day, that was how passionate I was about the game... Studied the game like a bible... But football is in comatose for now... How many strikers today can we compare to the Bastituta, Raul Gonzalez, Hernan Crespo, Baggio, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Klinsmann, Ronaldo de Lima, Weah, Rivaldo, Romario, Stoichkov, Marcelo Salas, Zamorano etc. of this world?? How many midfielders can we compare to the Lothar Matthaus, Edgar Davies, Clarence Seedorf, Zidane, Del Piero, Valderrama, Ronaldinho, Makelele, Patrick Viera, Paul Scholes, Hagi, Luis Figo, Didier Deschamps etc. of this world?? And defenders to Sammer, Baresi, Hierro, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Marcel Desailly, Lilian Thuram, Maldini, Frank De Boer etc.. of this world??

Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, and the De Boer brothers are my most favourite footballers of all time... My older brother got me on football from a young age and he's the biggest Ajax and Holland supporter ever... Heck, he had dreads at one time because of Gullit... grin

Bros you are right.. the footballers you have now are like a production line of which the finest of all of them is Ronnie
That is why i love El Pulga.. he is just latent talent
Quantity is favored over quality

Even here in Naija, the team of that era were superb...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by biolabee(m): 3:06am On Mar 24, 2013
shymexx:

Fabio Coentrao makes me happy every time I watch him... He reminds of a young Lizarazu but he's actually better, faster, and more skillful than Lizarazu... His upsides are scary and he'll become one of the greatest left backs ever when it's all said and done...

However, the Portuguese team isn't that good - Pepe, Nani, and Alves are washed up... Only Moutinho, Ronaldo, and Coentrao are good..

What happened to Postiga, anyway?

Postiga is not too clinical though hje scored against Israel

Dude Lizarazu rocked o.. Fabio is still coming up
The only player i could compare to him then was R Carlos
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by kasshoggi(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
The match was tactical nonsense. Pitch too bumpy, midfield a little immobile, Victor Moses wasted too much time on the ball, crosses in for a short striker when through balls and pin point ground balls would have worked better, midfield not connecting with attack, long balls into the kenyan box of tall players to Martins who is marked by at least two kenyans at any one time. Few chances gotten were wasted. Why didn't the coach also choke the midfield as the kenyans? Why didn't he try pulling out the Kenyans from their deep position and try to play to his lone striker's strength of running onto balls in space? If he had done that, Martins may have gotten a hat-trick! The last time we payed them, we won 3 - 2 in Nairobi with Martins getting a brace. How did he score? Space. This isn't Martins' fault, Coach' fault definitely. Here's why Fergie, Mou etc are called World-class coaches. They plan according to their players' strengths.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by BlackKenichi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
A 1-1 draw with Kenya!
Come on Nigerians, you can do better than that! Many of those East African teams are wack.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by iykmora(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
unfollowing!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by zoboizee: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
Of all the africam teams world cup quialifier have watched/watching so far, nigeria's football pitch is the worst. Very bad!!! Shame on our leaders. Sporting facility is a disgrace in this country.
Congo,cameroun,ghana,equitorial guinea,ivory coast,south africa,senegal in guinee.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by rastamouse: 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nigeria has failed to score more than 1 goal in this qualifiers

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 / Anthony Joshua Replies A Fan Who Asked ''Wetin Dey For The Boys?'' / I Tried To Withdraw My Money From Bet9ja And This Happened!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.