Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,528 members, 7,857,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (592215 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2013
@nicemax
Do you have any question or advice for me? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2013
Pls, who has paid fee on internet GT Mastercard. I'm trying to use it and its giving me "Transaction has been declined. Please use a different method of payment or click cancel. Code(483)"
Any help please? My school is humber
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2013
Pls now, anybody....any info as regards my last post
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Pls, who has paid fee on internet GT Mastercard. I'm trying to use it and its giving me "Transaction has been declined. Please use a different method of payment or click cancel. Code(483)"

Have you made online transaction with d same Card b4? If yes.

Is d naira amount in ur acct equivalent to d amount you intend to pay? Plus mastercard charges? N mayb tax. Tho am not sure abt d tax tin.
Try to have excess fund in your acct.
Let your calculation b about 170 per dollar.
The last time I used d card, my calculation was abt 170 per dollar..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papy4real: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2013
Hi,
I've been following this thread for a while and have seen the stress this Canadian University put people through especially when it comes to admission into their M.sc programs. I have a B.Tech in Civil Engineering with a Second Class upper Cgpa of 3.52 out of 5. I intend to go for my M.sc/ M.Eng in either Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering but most of the schools i selected on moderate Tuition basis seems to be very hard in terms of Candidate selection e.g Usask, Manitoba, Alberta & Calgary. Please can anyone suggest Universities that can consider me for admission because i'm already thinking of applying for PGD (2 yrs duration) in Usask cos i don't think their PGD competitive. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2013
Pls iz dia anyone dt submited arond 25th April dt has been called for medical. This is ma 6weeks of submision, but no reponse 4rm dem yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=gedtalks]Please does anyone know how long it will take for the embassy to finish processing a visa to Canada. I sent my application on the 7th of March (three months and a few days ago), but I didnt include my Police clearance certificate until 14th May. up till today I haven't heard anything from them. [/quote )

It takes 4-6month for processing study permit....Have you been called for medicals??If not,I think you should act and know what is happening to your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2013
papy4real: Hi,
I've been following this thread for a while and have seen the stress this Canadian University put people through especially when it comes to admission into their M.sc programs. I have a B.Tech in Civil Engineering with a Second Class upper Cgpa of 3.52 out of 5. I intend to go for my M.sc/ M.Eng in either Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering but most of the schools i selected on moderate Tuition basis seems to be very hard in terms of Candidate selection except if you have a First class e.g Usask, Manitoba, Alberta & Calgary. Please can anyone suggest Universities that can consider me for admission because i'm already thinking of applying for PGD (2 yrs duration) in Usask cos i don't think their PGD. competitive. Thanks
. Bro, I thnk its 2.1 nt just 1st class...try windsor.....ryerson doesn't gve admission into evt eng for international students
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papy4real: 10:19am On Jun 10, 2013
adonisvg: . Bro, I thnk its 2.1 nt just 1st class...try windsor.....ryerson doesn't gve admission into evt eng for international students

I know bro but they kinda prefer it when the cgpa is above 4.0 maybe due to the competition...thinking of trying University or Regina or MUN cos Windsor is kinda expensive bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2013

VCTROKOYE: Pls, who has paid fee on internet GT Mastercard. I'm trying to use it and its giving me "Transaction has been declined. Please use a different method of payment or click cancel. Code(483)"

Have you made online transaction with d same Card b4? If yes.

Is d naira amount in ur acct equivalent to d amount you intend to pay? Plus mastercard charges? N mayb tax. Tho am not sure abt d tax tin.
Try to have excess fund in your acct.
Let your calculation b about 170 per dollar.
The last time I used d card, my calculation was abt 170 per dollar..

I even broke the money into two and it didn't work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2013
sanniemoe:

Please what is SOP?
S.O.P means song of praise lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2013
@papy4real I check usask....and it says requirement for students from nigeria is 2nd class upper division, u r qualified....mayb u didn't check well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2013
@papy4real I checkd usask....and it says requirement for students from nigeria is 2nd class upper division, u r qualified....mayb u didn't check well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

Go to d bank n call GT connect with their fone. dats d best solution...
Don't talk to the guys in d bank....they sabi notin....jes tell them you want to call GT connect.
N Don't 4get to go with your card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papy4real: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2013
adonisvg: @papy4real I checkd usask....and it says requirement for students from nigeria is 2nd class upper division, u r qualified....mayb u didn't check well

I understand bro...The minimum M.sc requirement for all schools in Canada is Second class upper but it doesn't mean you would be admitted because of the competition. I have someone that applied with a 3.81 Cgpa and was still rejected by Usask because they receive hundreds or applications from different countries(especially India and Pakistan) for just about 40 spaces. That is the main reason why i said i'm thinking of going for PGD or would prefer any other school with lower competition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:
Pls iz dia anyone dt submited arond 25th April dt has been called for medical. This is ma 6weeks of submision, but no reponse 4rm dem yet

I submitted April 26th online nothing yet. Just be patient. Most people got theirs in 60-62days. Approx. 2months. It just d guys that submitted early April that have been called.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Help please,how can I upload my transcript at ontariocolleges.ca after payment of application fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gedtalks(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=tebenezer][/quote] thank you bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gedtalks(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

i had a similar problem like urs while trying to pay my application fee using VISA gold credit card- it worked the first time and never did again. I have just found out that just like NEPA fluctuates the Nigerian-bank-issued credit card also fluctuates. I think you shld keep trying or pay by swift transfer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Mcdonatus: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
Siga and other Pals please i need someone's advise on this. I started my application for Ph.d Psychology program in University of Ottawa. I chose the September batch for admission. At the middle of my application i called the PG school of Uni.Ottawa. They informed me that they have finished selecting candidates for Ph.D program Psychology for this year. That i have to apply for next year's September batch. The problem is that i have made all necessary arrangements to leave for Canada this year. Do i still have any other opportunity of achieving it? What do i have to do? PLEASE ADVISE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
Need your prayers brothers I applied for a visitor visa here in Europe hoping to hear from them soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Mcdonatus: 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
Pals please i need someones advise on this. I started my application for Ph.d Psychology program in University of Ottawa. I chose the September batch for admission. At the middle of my application i called the PG school of Uni.Ottawa. They informed me that they have finished selecting candidates for Ph.D program Psychology for this year. That i have to apply for next year's September batch. The problem is that i have made all necessary arrangements to leave for Canada this year. Do i still have any other opportunity of achieving it? What do i have to do? PLEASE ADVISE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mcdonatus: Siga and other Pals please i need someone's advise on this. I started my application for Ph.d Psychology program in University of Ottawa. I chose the September batch for admission. At the middle of my application i called the PG school of Uni.Ottawa. They informed me that they have finished selecting candidates for Ph.D program Psychology for this year. That i have to apply for next year's September batch. The problem is that i have made all necessary arrangements to leave for Canada this year. Do i still have any other opportunity of achieving it? What do i have to do? PLEASE ADVISE.
...Ha ba bros...u already answered your own question now...you said U of Ottawa advised that class is full and no more until Next Yr Sept....so, whatelse can you do unless you switch schools and besides...by the time u swtich school...admission come, time go don pass...today June 10 is gone...so...time no dey...I go advise make u just relax and retool...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mcdonatus: Pals please i need someones advise on this. I started my application for Ph.d Psychology program in University of Ottawa. I chose the September batch for admission. At the middle of my application i called the PG school of Uni.Ottawa. They informed me that they have finished selecting candidates for Ph.D program Psychology for this year. That i have to apply for next year's September batch. The problem is that i have made all necessary arrangements to leave for Canada this year. Do i still have any other opportunity of achieving it? What do i have to do? PLEASE ADVISE.

Oga Siga has given you the best answer that could possibly be, the Ottawa school are aware of you and they are not saying you are not qualified, but that they have no space for you, so relax and re-apply.
Also, i will advice to wait till response from Embassy and school before you make departure arrangements . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Siga: ...Ha ba bros...u already answered your own question now...you said U of Ottawa advised that class is full and no more until Next Yr Sept....so, whatelse can you do unless you switch schools and besides...by the time u swtich school...admission come, time go don pass...today June 10 is gone...so...time no dey...I go advise make u just relax and retool...

Schools in Australia admit for Ph.D anytime. Unless he's for Canada only.A visa could come home in 1 or 2 months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

Schools in Australia admit for Ph.D anytime. Unless he's for Canada only.
...Nna....no one is talking about Australia here...the guy never asked anything about Australia...I only answered his question...I dont know jack about Australia and dont give a jack either bro...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FastTracker: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have been reviewing everyone's postings in this particular thread with interest as I am both amazed and very proud by the amount of people that want to come to Canada to study. I am sorry to hear that so many of you are facing difficulties in paying fees, waiting months for study visa status and or medicals. Like everything it life it takes hard work and patience as CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) is dealing with huge backlogs of people and CIC department in Ottawa and their other respected processing centres are not the fastest sad If any of you have any questions or concerns regarding your applications and are looking at ways to know the status of where you are in the CIC immigration line please do not hesitate to contact me as I am well versed with the system.

Below I have taken the liberty to outline some benefits that studying in Canada can lead to as once one has completed their studies, one has the ability to apply for permanent residency and begin the process for citizenship as Canada is in dire need of skilled immigrants!

What You Need To Know

Canada is one of the best countries in which to live. The quality of life is extremely high. It provides a very comfortable standard of living, good health care, efficient social security, quality public education, low crime rate, stable and growing economy, and clean environment.
Canada, the second largest country in area in the world, supports and advocates a free and democratic society. The Canadian constitution, called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, guarantees everyone the right to equality, mobility, and freedom of speech, assembly and association.

Immigration Programs

Canada is one of the few countries in the world with an active program for permanent immigration. In fact, Canada accepts more immigrants and refugees, in proportion to its population, than any other country.
One out of every six Canadian residents was born outside the country. Directly or indirectly, immigration policy has touched the lives of every Canadian, and it has helped make Canada a culturally rich, prosperous and progressive nation.
Citizenship and Immigration assesses immigrants and visitors on standards, which do not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, or sex. In addition, the immigration program is universal — applicants from around the world are assessed against exactly the same criteria.
Natural Resources

Canada is a land of great natural beauty. With its Atlantic and Pacific coasts, vast forests, mountain ranges, lakes and sprawling prairie, Canada is rich in natural resources. In addition to the main landmass, it has numerous islands and has the world’s largest number of lakes and inland waters.
Much of Canada is in the Earth’s Frigid Zone and experiences severe winter weather. The rest of Canada is in the Earth’s North Temperate Zone and has more moderate four-season climate.

Politics

The federal government is responsible for such national matters as foreign affairs, national defence, trade and commerce. It also shares many powers with the provincial governments. The provincial government takes care of education, transportation, health, and social services.
The municipal government controls local matters such as police, schools, garbage collection, and property taxes. It is headed by a mayor with representatives acting as councillors.
Canada is an independent constitutional monarchy and has three tiers of government: federal, provincial, and municipal (for towns and cities).
Canada’s head of state is the Queen of England. She is represented by the Governor General in Canada and has a mainly symbolic role.

Judicial System

In Canada, federal, provincial, and municipal governments pass laws. The courts interpret and enforce the laws, although separate from the government. There are different types of courts dealing with different areas of the law. The Canadian court system consists of three levels: trial courts, appeal courts, and the Supreme Court of Canada, which is the court of final appeal. Interpreters who speak your language are available upon request to assist you in court.
Health and Welfare

The federal and provincial governments share social welfare responsibility. The federal government administers national programs such as the Canada Pension Plan, Canada Assistance Plan, old-age security pensions, family allowances, youth allowances, and unemployment insurance.
Financial aid is provided to the provinces by the federal government for public assistance programs. Local governments provide for and administer most public assistance programs. Health and Welfare Canada is the federal agency that administers health matters.
All Canadian residents are granted medical coverage under the national Medical Care Insurance Program also known as Medicare. The program provides comprehensive coverage for all medically required services rendered by physicians and surgeons on a non profit basis.

Explore What Canada Offers

The primary objective of Canada’s social programs is not only to support Canadians and permanent residents in need, but also to help citizens find good jobs, thus enabling them to participate in the economic activity of the country.
• Employment Insurance
• Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Spouse’s Allowance
• Canada Child Tax Benefit
• Income Security
• How to apply for a S.I.N.
• Canada Child Tax Benefit
• Guaranteed Income Supplement
• Canada and Quebec Pension
• Employment Insurance
There are various social programs that will help you provide for yourself and your family, during certain conditions.
Below are the beneficial programs you should know about, and may avail when you become a permanent resident of Canada.
Income Security

Canadian governments at the federal, provincial and municipal level help people who are financially unable to provide for themselves and their families. Special programs are designed to help residents in different circumstances, such as:
• Raising Children
(Canada Child Tax Benefit)
• Retirement
(Canada Pension/Quebec Pension, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement)
• Job-related Injuries
(Workers’ Compensation)
• Loss of a Job
(Employment Insurance)
• Longer-term unemployment
(Social Assistance)
Canada Child Tax Benefits

The federal government provides monthly payments to parents or guardians on behalf of children under the age of 18, through a program called the Canada Child Tax Benefit. The amount varies depending on family income, number of children and their ages.
To be considered for the Child Tax Benefit, you must be the parent or guardian of the child who lives with you. You or your spouse must be either a:
• Canadian citizen
• Permanent resident
• Convention refugee in Canada whose refugee status has been confirmed by the Immigration and Refugee Board, or
• Visitor or holder of a Minister’s Permit under the Immigration Act, who has lived at least 18 continuous months in Canada before applying for the Benefit.
Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Spouse’s Allowance

The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is given to people 65 years and older who meet residence requirements. Those who have little or no other income may be eligible for the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS). The spouse (between the ages of 60 and 64) of a low income or deceased pensioner may qualify for the Spouse’s Allowance (SPA).
Social Assistance

Social Assistance, often called welfare, helps people in need who are not eligible for other benefits. Benefit payments help pay for food, shelter, fuel, clothing, prescription drugs, and other health services. In some cases, you may be eligible for programs to train you for the work that is available.

Worker’s Compensation

People injured while at work may be eligible to receive financial benefits, medical and rehabilitative services. The provincial Workers’ Compensation Board offices decide if you qualify for compensation, based on medical reports and proof that your injury was work-related.
Medical Insurance

Every province has a taxpayer-funded health insurance program that provides inexpensive, high-quality health care.
Once covered under Medicare, you will receive a provincial health card with an identification number. Be sure to inform your insurance plan if you move, or if your family size or marital status changes as it may affect your coverage. Medicare covers medical services, including physician fees and hospital costs.

Economy

Canada is one of the most industrialized countries in the world. Its abundant natural resources supply the raw materials. Agriculture is the main economic activity but industrialization has outstripped the land-based economy and established itself.
Industrialization has created a great demand for workers. The need for professionals and skilled workers prompted the Canadian government to allow immigration as a method to fill the void in areas where local residents are unable or unwilling to meet local demand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Siga: ...Nna....no one is talking about Australia here...the guy never asked anything about Australia...I only answered his question...I dont know jack about Australia and dont give a jack either bro...lol

Yeah he was like I must leave Nigeria this year, so you see where Australia came in? LOL Na there I dey go oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah he was like I must leave Nigeria this year, so you see where Australia came in? LOL Na there I dey go oh.

Read his comment well and you will see where he said, leave for CANADA this year . . . But i do understand you are just giving him other option if he MUST leave Nigeria . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
teapea8484:

Bro that is my major problem right now, I don't have any family member who can do this for me right now that is why I have been so worried, can I see any help, I have all the money I will need for my stay over there all I need is just a statement of account to back up my applications.

Why not talk to your friends or colleagues perhaps you can get someone who can give you his/her statement so that faceless people don't add to your problems.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
ferdimako:

...Goodluck my guy....Australia aint bad...nice weather all thru...just watch out for crocodiles and badass snakes...

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.