Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589814 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fludu: 1:26am On Jun 11, 2013
@ Fasttracker thanks for your fab advise and excellent post on Canada.

I am happy to assist with questions on applications, scholarships/sponsorship/bursaries and visa. I am sorry, I am not an agent. You don't need one get advise from other students that were in similar situations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2013
@FastTracker

I appreciate the fact that you want to help but please do it here openly, asking people to contact you in private or promoting any agent will not go down well here.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2013
papy4real:

Thanks for your response bro...i would really appreciate it if u can enlighten me or render assistance on the step by step procedure and necessary things to be done in order to ensure my application is well packaged. I have applied for my transcript from my Uni but its kinda slow (naija factor). Would try to fast track it through settlement means smiley and hope i get it soonest. Regards

The step by step procedure are:
Know what program you want to go for and why you are applying to same, search for schools that offer the exact program(s) you want and streamline them to the ones that fit most, check their minimum requirement and be sure you meet them, get the necessary documents needed to accompany your application, talk to professors who know your strength and can give you good letters of recommendation, if needed, write a well detailed but brief statement of purpose to align your goals and what you have done so far towards achieving this goals so as to show that you know what you want and why you want it, and lastly, apply and pray for God's favor.
N.B: Others can help add steps I might have omitted from this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by genep: 8:21am On Jun 11, 2013
Hi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tonmmison: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

The step by step procedure are:
Know what program you want to go for and why you are applying to same, search for schools that offer the exact program(s) you want and streamline them to the ones that fit most, check their minimum requirement and be sure you meet them, get the necessary documents needed to accompany your application, talk to professors who know your strength and can give you good letters of recommendation, if needed, write a well detailed but brief statement of purpose to align your goals and what you have done so far towards achieving this goals so as to show that you know what you want and why you want it, and lastly, apply and pray for God's favor.
N.B: Others can help add steps I might have omitted from this.

Really appreciate...would start working on it asap and would share the good news with you by God's grace. Guess i need to make sure my Statement of Purpose is on point. Regarding the letters of recommendation, i would be applying to about 5 schools...do i need to collect 5 letters for the 5 schools or just collect one, change the address for each school and duplicate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2013
tonmmison:

Really appreciate...would start working on it asap and would share the good news with you by God's grace. Guess i need to make sure my Statement of Purpose is on point. Regarding the letters of recommendation, i would be applying to about 5 schools...do i need to collect 5 letters for the 5 schools or just collect one, change the address for each school and duplicate.

Each school/program require its letters of recommendation depending on the number you are required to submit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by funnyem: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Hello Everyone! I am new on this thread and I really need an information from u guys. I intend applying for my study permit by August and wanted to find out If the company I work for could be my sponsor? I have gone through the thread from Part1 and have noticed most people going against using company accounts. Desperately need help on this issue. Thank u!

Please can anybody help me out! sad sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
at admin please i want to know why my post is hidden
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonai36: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
House, I want to bless God that my study permit as been approved. CIC sent me a mail this morning that my application as been approved. I applied alongside with my spouse as a dependant, and both visas were issued.

@Siga,@Fhemmy and all forumites thank you for your advice.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Adonai36, Congrats. I am happy for u. We expect more of this IJN. Pls could u post the documents u submitted and how did u convince them on home tie. I also applied with my spouse as dependant. God will see u thru the rest of the journey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
adonai36: House, I want to bless God that my study permit as been approved. CIC sent me a mail this morning that my application as been approved. I applied alongside with my spouse as a dependant, and both visas were issued.

Shalom!
...Congrats bro..excellent news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchechuwku: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
adonai36: House, I want to bless God that my study permit as been approved. CIC sent me a mail this morning that my application as been approved. I applied alongside with my spouse as a dependant, and both visas were issued.

Shalom!
That's a superb News.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
bumfem: @Adonai36, Congrats. I am happy for u. We expect more of this IJN. Pls could u post the documents u submitted and how did u convince them on home tie. I also applied with my spouse as dependant. God will see u thru the rest of the journey.

I have a feeling this is our week by Gods grace. Congrats .. When did you do your meds?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2013

Shalom!

Awesome, see you in Canada and please bring me gala oh (Please that was a joke, cos they wont allow the sausage into the country and you dont wanna start on a wrong foot) . . . Congrats and looking forward to good news from the rest as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FastTracker: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ Adonai36 - CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to Canada! I look forward in hearing about your adventures in Canada! If you need any advice or direction in terms of settlement getting services please let me know as I am always happy to help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by biolabee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats adonai.. No forget d reason why you go ooo

cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Great advice . . .
Thank you so much for your great advise, I found someone to help me out as sponsor, but is asking me may be the embassy or the bank will call him or interview him, cuz the man can not speak well, so pleas can anyone to help me out with this questions, do u know of anyone who have been ask to go for medical, maybe they called the person sponsor? Pleas help me out on this Issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
teapea8484:
Thank you so much for your great advise, I found someone to help me out as sponsor, but is asking me may be the embassy or the bank will call him or interview him, cuz the man can not speak well, so pleas can anyone to help me out with this questions, do u know of anyone who have been ask to go for medical, maybe they called the person sponsor? Pleas help me out on this Issue

The embassy might wanna investigate but it is even to your own advantage that he can speak English well, the Canadian embassy are aware of the fact that English is not the only language in Nigeria, however, they MIGHT call his bank and verify all documents, so please be careful and do it right . . . . Also, if it comes to tough one, get an interpreter to speak for him . . . But please do not cook the books.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Siga: ...Congrats bro..excellent news
I found someone to help me out as sponsor, but is asking me may be the embassy or the bank will call him or interview him, cuz the man can not speak well, so pleas can anyone to help me out with this questions, do u know of anyone who have been ask to go for medical, maybe they called the person sponsor? Pleas help me out on this Issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

The embassy might wanna investigate but it is even to your own advantage that he can speak English well, the Canadian embassy are aware of the fact that English is not the only language in Nigeria, however, they MIGHT call his bank and verify all documents, so please be careful and do it right . . . . Also, if it comes to tough one, get an interpreter to speak for him . . . But please do not cook the books.
Oh bro thank u so much God will always help you too in whatever your plans.. But what did u mean by cook the books? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
teapea8484:
Oh bro thank u so much God will always help you too in whatever your plans.. But what did u mean by[b] cook the books?[/b] smiley

I mean dont go to Oluwole to buy statement of account . . .
It means dont just dump the money into the account in one shot, it will look fake.
It means do it with diligence
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2013

Shalom!

Congrats bro! Wish you a wonderful stay at Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FastTracker: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Provided that the funds are not proceeds from crime and that the funds available meet the required minimum thresh hold....the boarder services, consular officer and all other parties concerned for intensive purposes will not be concerned if the money was deposited in one large total.

The burden of proof is are there enough funds and are the funds from crime? YES / NO.... any other scrutiny is beyond the scope of their job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
teapea8484:

Provided the documents are genuine then you are safe. I think what they mainly confirm from the bank is that the account is true and the balance as at the date you submitted it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Glan: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
has anyone been able to pay online application fees after all requested documents attached?

i have tried severally but was getting error message "transaction not approved"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
smiley
Fhemmmy:

I mean dont go to Oluwole to buy statement of account . . .
It means dont just dump the money into the account in one shot, it will look fake.
It means do it with diligence
Oh thank you bro, the account statement is from the bank, but the person don't want them to call him! Bro pleas can I hv ur Email address I wanna tell sumthing, smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
teapea8484: smiley
Oh thank you bro, the account statement is from the bank, but the person don't want them to call him! Bro pleas can I hv ur Email address I wanna tell sumthing, smiley

If the account information is real, then, nothing to worry about . . . You will see my mail add in my signature.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

Provided the documents are genuine then you are safe. I think what they mainly confirm from the bank is that the account is true and the balance as at the date you submitted it.
Oh thank you for the infor bro am really happy now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.