Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587494 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
Siga: ...And this was when they hardly check applications before denying....I dont believe that at all....I will advise send the same acct with extra and couple it with other financial docs or properties....
Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
lucky Don: @all,pls advise me on this,in my former application,i filled 12,100CAD as my tuition,5000CAD for room and board,other expenses at 6000CAD,then funds available for my stay in Canada as 23,500CAD...my sponsor had 16million naira in his acct though not my parents.the VO still denied me visa on the grounds that i dont have enough money without working in canada.My programme is just for 8 months...pls how much will i fill in again to demonstrate dat i have much money.pls i need answers.

The ogas at the top are M*D...They no get calculator?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kemdee: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
I fink that all sums up to the $23,100...what about $10,000 extra 4 living expenses? undecided

lucky Don: @all,pls advise me on this,in my former application,i filled 12,100CAD as my tuition,5000CAD for room and board,other expenses at 6000CAD,then funds available for my stay in Canada as 23,500CAD...my sponsor had 16million naira in his acct though not my parents.the VO still denied me visa on the grounds that i dont have enough money without working in canada.My programme is just for 8 months...pls how much will i fill in again to demonstrate dat i have much money.pls i need answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
kemdee: I fink that all sums up to the $23,100...what about $10,000 extra 4 living expenses? undecided

CHDC's requirement of 10,000CAD is for one full year and for a single applicant.It is basically for room and board,insurance and feeding,etc...12,100+10,000 gives you 22,100CAD...Then i filled in 23,500CAD....And also mind u that my programme is for just 8 months,not even a full year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gbesunboke: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
lucky Don: CHDC's requirement of 10,000CAD is for one full year and for a single applicant.It is basically for room and board,insurance and feeding,etc...12,100+10,000 gives you 22,100CAD...Then i filled in 23,500CAD....And also mind u that my programme is for just 8 months,not even a full year.
@all pls my people i need a clarification from this forum.i want to submit my application dis week and am really confused .it was not written in my admission letter asper accomodation fee.hope do i go about this pls ,also concerning the study permit questiinaire.pls help me answer dis question :1. How does your selected program differ from similar programs in Nigeria 2.why did u select your propose program/i guess dis should be out from my statement of purpose,pls my people kindly get back very urgent .God bless u all .one Love
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
dommakavelli:

Thanks for the reply. Please is 28 by November too old?. And what is Affidavit of Support?.

If you never too old..You should b fine
here some of d sponsor's docx

for self employed.
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Letter of reference from Bank.
3) Sponsor’s letter of sponsorship
4) Affidavit of Support
5) Landed properties documents, shares certificates. if their is any
6) Passport Datapage photocopy
7.) Tax Clearance
9) Company Registration
10) proof of relationship n why he's sponsoring you.

for an employee

1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Letter of reference from Bank.
3) Sponsor’s letter of sponsorship
4) Affidavit of Support
5) Landed properties documents, shares certificates. If their is any
6) Passport Datapage photocopy or any means of identification
7.) proof of relationship and reasons for sponsoring you
9) Reference letter from Sponsor's employer
10) 6 months payslip
11) letter of employment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kemdee: 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
I don't think that is right, the 10000CAD should be minus ur room and board n others in ur official fee schedule...that maybe where the problem came from in the first place. Maybe u shld read the checklist again so u can clarify. And I fink 8 months is the same as one academic year in Canada.

lucky Don: CHDC's requirement of 10,000CAD is for one full year and for a single applicant.It is basically for room and board,insurance and feeding,etc...12,100+10,000 gives you 22,100CAD...Then i filled in 23,500CAD....And also mind u that my programme is for just 8 months,not even a full year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
kemdee: I don't think that is right, the 10000CAD should be minus ur room and board n others in ur official fee schedule...that maybe where the problem came from in the first place. Maybe u shld read the checklist again so u can clarify. And I fink 8 months is the same as one academic year in Canada.

from the study permit checklist:
Proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for at least one year in canada. In addition to the cost of tuition, you should HAVE AT LEAST $10,000 available to cover your LIVING EXPENSES.

From wht i can see there is ur tuition + $10,000.......... So if ur tuition is $12,000 it will be $12,000 + $10,000

dat one no mean say small thing no go remain for ur sponsor account after u deduct ur tuition and living expenses oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
kemdee: I don't think that is right, the 10000CAD should be minus ur room and board n others in ur official fee schedule...that maybe where the problem came from in the first place. Maybe u shld read the checklist again so u can clarify. And I fink 8 months is the same as one academic year in Canada.

The 10000CAD is for accommodation, feeding, transportation, books, health etc...that's y dey said minimum of 10000CAD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
please can someone tell me how long it take for the processing of student visa in canada i had is now 2 month not 4 to 6 month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
richard4ssky: please can someone tell me how long it take for the processing of student visa in canada i had is now 2 month not 4 to 6 month

First, where u hear that one? Because status quo is still 4-6months. So where did u hear 2months?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
richard4ssky: please can someone tell me how long it take for the processing of student visa in canada i had is now 2 month not 4 to 6 month

either 2months or 4 to 6 months......... It makes no difference cos if u no package ur docx well u will end up giving dem a reason to refused u. So i will suggest u FOCUS more on packaging ur docx and leaving the time frame for cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
gbesunboke: @all pls my people i need a clarification from this forum.i want to submit my application dis week and am really confused .it was not written in my admission letter asper accomodation fee.hope do i go about this pls ,also concerning the study permit questiinaire.pls help me answer dis question :1. How does your selected program differ from similar programs in Nigeria 2.why did u select your propose program/i guess dis should be out from my statement of purpose,pls my people kindly get back very urgent .God bless u all .one Love

Which course did you study in ur UG program and which course are you going for in ur PG program?
This will enable the house make a substantial and reasonable input/advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gbesunboke: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
Onye oma:

Which course did you study in ur UG program and which course are you going for in ur PG program?
This will enable the house make a substantial and reasonable input/advice.
@all I study Mechanical Engineering in my UG but am Going for PGD program in Practical Element in Mechanical Engineering .also pls kindly explain how to go about any gap in my academic history to date !I want to know if is from secondary school or after undergraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
gbesunboke: @all I study Mechanical Engineering in my UG but am Going for PGD program in Practical Element in Mechanical Engineering .also pls kindly explain how to go about any gap in my academic history to date !I want to know if is from secondary school or after undergraduate

To the best of my knowledge,any engineering course in Nigeria and outside Nigeria varies greatly in the area of research. The research facilities out there are world class and the knowledge you'll obtain there will play a vital role in the dreams you have in ur career field towards the development of ur country.

I feel its safer to start from secondary school and try to ensure that whatever you write about the educational gap correlates with what you have in ur CV cos they go hand in hand.
Ur educational gap should consist of working experience and professional certifications/skills acquisitions and will be solidified by the availability of certificates as proof.

I hope this helps.
I wish you all the best and God's divine favours as you submit ur application soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FullStop1: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
[quote author=babe_online][/quote]

You have no idea of what you are talking about. I have accommodated people freely in the past in my own home. Not that I am looking for someone to accommodate me for free, I have money to foot my own bills. So please allow people that to help and stop talking out of context.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by FullStop1: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
Man no one is going to let you just come and share accommodation with them like that o. If you continue like this you would still be looking for someone to share with by this time next year.In other words you would grow old looking for someone to scot with

You have no idea of what you are talking about. I have accommodated people freely in the past in my own home. Not that I am looking for someone to accommodate me for free, I have money to foot my own bills. So please allow people that to help and stop talking out of context.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gbesunboke: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
Onye oma:

To the best of my knowledge,any engineering course in Nigeria and outside Nigeria varies greatly in the area of research. The research facilities out there are world class and the knowledge you'll obtain there will play a vital role in the dreams you have in ur career field towards the development of ur country.

I feel its safer to start from secondary school and try to ensure that whatever you write about the educational gap correlates with what you have in ur CV cos they go hand in hand.
Ur educational gap should consist of working experience and professional certifications/skills acquisitions and will be solidified by the availability of certificates as proof.

I hope this helps.@onye oma thanks my big brother really appreciate ur response.pls kindly inbox me ur email @gbengaoke3@gmail.com we really like to make contact with guys like u i guess u are also an applicant
I wish you all the best and God's divine favours as you submit ur application soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
I have been refused a UK visa before. And now the Canadian visa form is asking if I've been refused a visa before. If I answer yes. Will it be a problem for my visa chance ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2013

The time line varies by application, each application may have its own time line.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
onuawuchi: I have been refused a UK visa before. And now the Canadian visa form is asking if I've been refused a visa before. If I answer yes. Will it be a problem for my visa chance ?

lol. You wan answer no before? Bearing in mind they will see the UK denial stamp on the passport. Honesty is the only policy in this case not just the best. Except its a different passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2013

I had 1 months oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
onuawuchi: I have been refused a UK visa before. And now the Canadian visa form is asking if I've been refused a visa before. If I answer yes. Will it be a problem for my visa chance ?

Just be honest and answer yes, just make sure you package your application very well... you dont wanna lie , cuz they gon find out , and u dont want that happening so just be honest, it pays ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
The is no tuition details on my offer letter. But from the calculator on the University website, the cost of my program is about $16300 per annum and quebec living expense is at about $ 12020 per annum. On the field for cost of study, I filled in $ 16300, $ 12020 and $ 5000 respectively for tuition, room n board and other. I hope its okay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
onuawuchi: The is no tuition details on my offer letter. But from the calculator on the University website, the cost of my program is about $16300 per annum and quebec living expense is at about $ 12020 per annum. On the field for cost of study, I filled in $ 16300, $ 12020 and $ 5000 respectively for tuition, room n board and other. I hope its okay
...Better make that ur other $10,000
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
onuawuchi: The is no tuition details on my offer letter. But from the calculator on the University website, the cost of my program is about $16300 per annum and quebec living expense is at about $ 12020 per annum. On the field for cost of study, I filled in $ 16300, $ 12020 and $ 5000 respectively for tuition, room n board and other. I hope its okay

on my admission letter, there is no tuition amount, but they put an estimated $37000pa on an additional page for tuition, books and living. i didn't bother to add that page to the documents i submitted, i just used and printed the tuition of about $12,000pa from the website, and used the embassy estimated living cost of $10,000pa..that way i got to work with $22,000pa instead of the preposterous $37,000pa. u might wanna go that route too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
Siga: ...Better make that ur other $10,000

Baba Siga, I think say embassy talk say "tuition fee + $10,000 for living expenses" and he wanna go with $ 16300 for tuition and ($ 12020+$ 5000) for living expenses. I feel its ok though.
Please,educate us more if otherwise.

Thank you so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mhen!this forum is on point. Could you believe I ask my questions per confusion as I'm filling my form and get responses sharply? An agent told me she'll collect 50k to do the application for me. From the things I've gathered here so far, the agents couldn't have given my application the taste and beauty I'm giving it with the help of the wonderful people here. I just want to show my gratitude. You guys are off the hook. Thanks peeps.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
onuawuchi: It's Concordia. I applied with a copy of my transcript. Now they need the official (Sealed) one to make my offer unconditional.

University of Concordia??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
deebla:

University of Concordia??
Yes ma broda.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
pls, lets put more efforts on our SOP. Let the VO know you're going mainly for studies and you are ambitious.

I saw this on cic.gc.ca
it's about the new immigration rules.

* Strengthening aspects of the International Student Program (ISP). The government has proposed regulatory changes which would aim to verify that study permit holders are genuine students by introducing new study permit conditions requiring students to enroll in and actively pursue a course or program of study after arrival in Canada. The proposed changes would also ensure that international students study at accredited institutions designated by provinces and territories.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-03-20.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:51am On Mar 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Baba Siga, I think say embassy talk say "tuition fee + $10,000 for living expenses" and he wanna go with $ 16300 for tuition and ($ 12020+$ 5000) for living expenses. I feel its ok though.
Please,educate us more if otherwise.

Thank you so much.
....The best thing is to have the extra $10,000 after all the tuition and living expenses....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.