Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (603010 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
I had same issue in my first application.Submitted a statement of 9m (brother's) and all I needed was 4m +.was denied the visa on insufficient cash reasons.Only to find out from my sponsor that he issued about 4-5m 3weeks after submiting at the embassy.
So,ask your sponsor if he or she did same.
lucky Don: @all,pls advise me on this,in my former application,i filled 12,100CAD as my tuition,5000CAD for room and board,other expenses at 6000CAD,then funds available for my stay in Canada as 23,500CAD...my sponsor had 16million naira in his acct though not my parents.the VO still denied me visa on the grounds that i dont have enough money without working in canada.My programme is just for 8 months...pls how much will i fill in again to demonstrate dat i have much money.pls i need answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
kayce43:
I pick 25th of March
@kayce43..still in my prayers,I am waiting for your try and ur arrival @ Pearson,pls anybody around York uni,where I go see cut my hair oooo,make I no turn another thing...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoway: @kayce43..still in my prayers,I am waiting for your try and ur arrival @ Pearson,pls anybody around York uni,where I go see cut my hair oooo,make I no turn another thing...lol

Guy you for carry clipper when you dey go make you dey cut yourself, abi you wan dey. Dash barber 4k every other week. lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoway: @kayce43..still in my prayers,I am waiting for your try and ur arrival @ Pearson,pls anybody around York uni,where I go see cut my hair oooo,make I no turn another thing...lol

Kpele...the moment I get invited for medicals,I'll learn how to barbe myself and others so as to be able to earn some careless, free and taxless bucks...before you turn into another tin,you can manage working on ur beards with ur shaving bic...all the best bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
....Una no dey listen...told u guys last year to go learn how to cut hair...u for dey make coins by now...anywaz...me I cut my own hair cos I have a few there anywaz....lol. grin...go to Jane and Finch Mall...barber shop dey there...that's not far from u bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Siga: ....Una no dey listen...told u guys last year to go learn how to cut hair...u for dey make coins by now...anywaz...me I cut my own hair cos I have a few there anywaz....lol. grin...go to Jane and Finch Mall...barber shop dey there...that's not far from u bro....
Lol..oga Siga I would learn with time,I'm actually in markham looking for an African barber so so oyinbo barber dey around,wld send u a message boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoway: Lol..oga Siga I would learn with time,I'm actually in markham looking for an African barber so so oyinbo barber dey around,wld send u a message boss
....there is one Naija guy wey dey cut hair by Steeles and Weston area...not too sure about his location...I fit help ask for him number and shop address sha....if u no dey cut style...u can try it urself....that na wetin I do as well...few trials and over the years...I'm a pro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Siga: ....there is one Naija guy wey dey cut hair by Steeles and Weston area...not too sure about his location...I fit help ask for him number and shop address sha....if u no dey cut style...u can try it urself....that na wetin I do as well...few trials and over the years...I'm a pro
Lol...li still cut style oo....for the time I still have hair...would appreciate his number,thanks a lot bossasalways
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wow!! Thanks bro...you wrote this mainly because of me, as if you could read my mind.I really appreciate. My only concern is that the course program I intend to apply for/passionate about is only being offered during September resumption.

So I either change my course of study and apply for Jan resumption courses or try my luck with this September resumption(My contact from the college said I could still make it, because the school issue admission letter within 5days or 2wks at most), or wait till September 2014 which is quite far if you agree with me.

Please advice. Thanks once again.

kenniy: to all asking questions bout time and all..i would suggest you just take ur time and apply when u can but most importantly, go through the basic instructions - either for the school applications or the embassy - and submit when all is actually ready - considering how long the embassy would take their time, of which at that point u have no influence on whatsoever..
even if u r just applying to the schools, dont be in a rush for september resumption and mess things up..cos frankly, at this point, its extremely difficult to meet sept again: u still owe the embassy at least 3 months if u r really lucky..4-6months in most cases..do the maths..
mayb when the expedited processing time is confirmed/implemented, things will change..but as it stands..

funny thing is..if ur resumption is delayed, like mine was, ur concern wouldnt be the delay anymore, all u will be hoping for at that point is they at least issue u the visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
Can someone help me with the full mailing address of the CDHC office. I'll like to know if I should leave my transcript sealed or open it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
mosquitoway: Lol..oga Siga I would learn with time,I'm actually in markham looking for an African barber so so oyinbo barber dey around,wld send u a message boss

There are YouTube videos on how to cut your own hair. Just download the vids, buy a clipper, a mirror etc. you may look funny a few times till u get a hang of it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chikcutie(f): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Chikcutie:Please am new on dis forum..wat is Trv..Any1 goin 2 seneca college should holla
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunex80: 11:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
[b][/b][i][/i]I have finished my first degree with a 3rd class though but i intend going for another first degree so what are my chances. Please any advice from the house will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 1:21am On Mar 26, 2013
tunex80:

I have finished my first degree with a 3rd class though but i intend going for another first degree so what are my chances. Please any advice from the house will be greatly appreciated.

Check colleges in canada. You should be able to do advanced diplomas, although your chances are limited. Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by silibaba: 4:35am On Mar 26, 2013
is not saist but sait.

am with you bro.

still waiting for my offer letter though.
Dee_man: Hello guys sorry for diserting this tread for a while, hard alot to do, writing exams, working didnt give me enough time to come contribute. i see this tread is moving quiclky,its on part 4 and whole lot of new guys on the tread are reciving their TRV. well @ Siga, Newecca i no desert ina o. Well for those that dont knw me i recieved my TRV last year BUT MY ADMISSION IS FOR THIS YEAR sEPTEMBER. so i have been pretty much ijn naija making making and saving money. pls anyone in the house going to SIAST pls indicate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 7:26am On Mar 26, 2013
tunex80: [b][/b][i][/i]I have finished my first degree with a 3rd class though but i intend going for another first degree so what are my chances. Please any advice from the house will be greatly appreciated.
Your grade is low though, but its not adviseable to go for another undergraduate programme because CDHC would want you to explain what you have been doing for the over 4/5years which was the time you spent in the university.Though, that can be arranged with a very convincing statement of purpose.
If you wouldn't mind, why not take your time to browse through colleges in canada and put a target of courses starting in winter/summer/fall 2014 in mind as sept 2013 maynot be feasible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Deeman1(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2013
walexicant: Someone please help a brother i want to apply for masters in Canada i am a graduate of computer science i graduated with c.g.p.a of 2.7/5.0 and i would like to know if i can get admission into any university can someone please give me information about any good school even if its for pre-masters.and the duration for the course i would be happy with any help

Reply: @ Walexicant well my case is similar to yours. u wount get admission with that CGPA for masters in any school. cause mine was even much higher and i wasnt given after applying to five schools. but there is hope. try Siaskatchenwan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) they have course related to Computer science u can do. that is where i would be by August, As i already have my TRV.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Deeman1(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2013
[quote author=vin10][/quote]

@Vin10 its SIAST- Siakatchenwan Institute of Science and Technology, Saskaton.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Deeman1(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2013
silibaba: is not saist but sait.

am with you bro.

still waiting for my offer letter though.
@ Silibaba pls there is a school called SIAST of which i have admissionthere so dont correct me if you dont know, i have my TRV already. and am leaving very soon for september resumption. Use google its your friend bro. Siaskatchenwan Institute of Science and technology. SIAST. Saskatoon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2013
michaelcu: Wow!! Thanks bro...you wrote this mainly because of me, as if you could read my mind.I really appreciate. My only concern is that the course program I intend to apply for/passionate about is only being offered during September resumption.

So I either change my course of study and apply for Jan resumption courses or try my luck with this September resumption(My contact from the college said I could still make it, because the school issue admission letter within 5days or 2wks at most), or wait till September 2014 which is quite far if you agree with me.

Please advice. Thanks once again.

yh sept next yr is quite far..but it wouldnt look like that anymore once ur trv is in view..
as u said the school issues admission letter within 5-14days..u can give it a shot..targettin an eventual submission of april ending latest..that could work, considering by mid year, CDHC usually speed up process a little.
i would assume u have ur transcripts and d likes sent to the school already..all those stuff that takes time..also, for this to work, the school would have to courier the admission documents using speedpost (dhl/fedex/tnt/..), most likely at ur request cos most schools use regular post..and that takes time! - an average of 2 months.u need to ask them specifically for this to be sure how they wanna send it, and if its not a courier service, you need to make the arrangements urself.. u could be lucky smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2013
Please am getting confused here, the school am intending on applying to said that I may not have enough time to apply for the september batch but I have already collected my transcript. Please should I go ahead and apply to the school or should I wait?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 12:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
hi house. Please I have a document which I want to know if it is necessary for me to submit for study permit tomorrow. My brother who traveled to USA through visa lottery filed an US immigration petition for relative for me which has been approved. Do you think submitting the document for the visa approval will help me get the study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunex80: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

Check colleges in canada. You should be able to do advanced diplomas, although your chances are limited. Goodluck.
thanks very much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunex80: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Huzzie:
Your grade is low though, but its not adviseable to go for another undergraduate programme because CDHC would want you to explain what you have been doing for the over 4/5years which was the time you spent in the university.Though, that can be arranged with a very convincing statement of purpose.
If you wouldn't mind, why not take your time to browse through colleges in canada and put a target of courses starting in
winter/summer/fall 2014 in mind as sept 2013 maynot be feasible.
okey can someone help me with a school that offers pre masters in canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2013

VCTROKOYE
hi house. Please I have a document which I want to know if it is necessary for me to submit for study permit tomorrow. My brother who traveled to USA through visa lottery filed an US immigration petition for relative for me which has been approved. Do you think submitting the document for the visa approval will help me get the study permit?

Pls, I'm still waiting for an answer. Please advice me please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
Dee_man: walexicant: Someone please help a brother i want to apply for masters in Canada i am a graduate of computer science i graduated with c.g.p.a of 2.7/5.0 and i would like to know if i can get admission into any university can someone please give me information about any good school even if its for pre-masters.and the duration for the course i would be happy with any help

Reply: @ Walexicant well my case is similar to yours. u wount get admission with that CGPA for masters in any school. cause mine was even much higher and i wasnt given after applying to five schools. but there is hope. try Siaskatchenwan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) they have course related to Computer science u can do. that is where i would be by August, As i already have my TRV.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]

Brother you are God sent actually I. Was planning to apply for pre masters in manitoba but I just hope its not a year thanks for the information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Joe980: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
Check if the school has other start dates...if yes, you could.
Odinwa: Please am getting confused here, the school am intending on applying to said that I may not have enough time to apply for the september batch but I have already collected my transcript. Please should I go ahead and apply to the school or should I wait?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
tunex80:
okey can someone help me with a school that offers pre masters in canada?
Bros,as Huzzie told you,make internet your best friend...google colleges in Canada.They will give u admission easily and faster.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by d2ddayo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
so far so good, i thnk i shud say nairaland is far better than twitter maybe bcus its a forum where u get to discuss better things though other than gossips n all. am a first timer here and am feeling the vibe poured out by everyone here. so now straight to my own issue. i applied to MUN got my admission and i ve differed it twice due to som ishs, now i intend to forward my application to the emb. my sponsors cant be my parents cus they dont stay in naija. they re all in ireland where i travel to every year by GOD's grace. i ve other countries added to my passport like france, germany, dubai, italy and ireland. i hope this stands as an added advantage to my application cus i ve never overstayed. now i cant use them bcus i dont think anyone in europe really has a strong bank statement like of of people in naija.... so i intend to use a very close family friend of my dad. whats ur advice house on this? and also, for anyone who applied to MUN, please can i get a buzz from such person please cus i will want to know if truly it is that i only ve to make a deposit before i forward my application to the embassy. thanks in anticipation for ur response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
please how do I do this "Self addressed prep-paid return courier envelope to return your passport and documents"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
@d2ddayo: I think you have a good thing going with the euro- travel history and as you haven't violated any previous visa conditions attests to your integrity so it's a mighty plus for TRV. I think what u need to work out on your application is the sponsor part I think you should spin it in a way that includes your parents especially if they have been the ones funding your trips. I don't think it's a bad idea if you paint a scenario where the person you want to use as your sponsor is the main sponsor (with a convincing reason and evidence why he would sponsor you) and your parents are included as co-sponsors offering you moral and financial support. Even better I think, if there is a strong connection between your parents and your main sponsor.

I think this is what I'll do if I were in your shoes. All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Joe980: 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
@VC...where is your location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.