Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586893 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
owenlyn1: Hello all. I just saw dis tread an hoped to get answers . Please I intend to study in Canada for msc Mcb and immunology but funding it is d problem. Is there a Canadian uni dat offfers funding to international student and how to go abt it if any. Thanks . I will appreciate ur response.

Schools offer funding for students based on different criteria therefore, I would suggest you browse through the programs you intend applying to and then make a decision on which ones to apply to based on your opinion on your chances for funding. Another option is for you to contact the admissions person for the department you intend applying to and ask how funds are allocated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Robbie37: @iwinosajack: Congrats bro! This is the first of many sweet blessings of the almighty!

@ Robbie37, thank u sir. God shall see all of us thru IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
@ all,
Is there anybody that got admission from Seneca college pls? I paid a semester tuition fee on 15/03/2013 via Travelex bank to bank payment option. I mailed them,but they are yet to acknowledge that. What can i do now? i need this to submit with my application next week.Or can i submit transfer confirmation from bank?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :
To GOD b the Glory! I got my TRV today!! My status changed yesterday but didn't get any email from CDHC. Behold, wen I got to VFS this morning my visa was waiting for me!! I give all d glory 2 God. Thanks to u guys.

Congrats bro...may God continue to grant you success in all your endeavours thruout ur stay in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :
To GOD b the Glory! I got my TRV today!! My status changed yesterday but didn't get any email from CDHC. Behold, wen I got to VFS this morning my visa was waiting for me!! I give all d glory 2 God. Thanks to u guys.
Big big congratulations to you, God at work....u will be more relaxed now , u knw wat I mean... wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :

@ Robbie37, thank u sir. God shall see all of us thru IJN

What's your start date and what part of town are u heading for sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

pls did u pay both tuition and accommodation fee before u were issued visa

I was not asked to pay for accommodation. I only pay a year tuition fees. Though, CDHC do tell some applicants to pay for accommodation b4 issuing visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
To all the people asking Iwinosajack to list the document he submitted.. here you go.. Btw.. Congrats Bro smiley

My elder bro is my sponsor (same surname). Docs submitted includ:
1) all Cic app forms.
2)original & copies of all my credentials including transcript from university, church membership cert & baptismal cert. Etc
3) copies of my siblings birth & marriage cert.
4) copies of my fiancée payslips, work ID card, court affidavit stating we hav agreed to get married upon my return from canny and pictures of us together showing her engagement ring.
5) family pictures
6)court affidavit from my mum with papers of her landed properties attached
6) letter of intention

DOCS FROM MY SPONSOR
7) letter of sponsorship, affidavit of sponsorship, introduction letter from his employer, copy of his work ID, copies of visas in his intl passport.
six months bank statement - ( naira a/c - with enormous activities In d a/c but a balance of 5M) and a domicilary a/c with a bal of abt $85,000.

These ar d ones I can remember now. In all, it was a bucky application. I included everything I tot was relevant and dat I can defend. Hope this help!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
Robbie37:

What's your start date and what part of town are u heading for sir?

Bro, My start date is May 6th. Am heading to kamloops in BC. Thompson Rivers University. How preparations? Do u knw of any gud airline dt one can fly 2 canny?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :

Bro, My start date is May 6th. Am heading to kamloops in BC. Thompson Rivers University. How preparations? Do u knw of any gud airline dt one can fly 2 canny?

Thompson rivers university (TRU).. Good one bro... !

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=Goldie20]To all the people asking Iwinosajack to list the document he submitted.. here you go.. Btw.. Congrats Bro smiley

Thank u so much Goldie20. I appreciate this! It shows u knw where & how to get wat u want. So much respect 4 u!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deaero: 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
So do I give them CDHC the composite sheet tho?am undergrad. This is my email neffykris04@yahoo.com
olawunmi_samuel:

I understand. Yup! I am. But for graduate studies not bsc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chizoba85: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
has anyone obtained TRV without being asked to pay fees?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 6:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
gbesunboke: @my broda dat got his TRV today!congrat for ur Trv!pls can u list the document u submit to help people like us that ar submitting next week!thos my sponsor account statement read !30850pounds and second sponsor read 2.5m! Both blood brother !pls list ur document am submit next Wednesday by his grace

@gbesunboke, thank u sir. Pls go thru my posts u wl see d docx I listed wen I did medicals (around Feb, 13th ). As for ur sponsors acct statement, I tink its ok if d accts have gud activities, if they can prove steady source of income & if the number of their dependants ar not much! All d best ma broda!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
i missed ma peeps here. i have been incommunicado due to some circumstances i cant control. i applied to 4 canadain skools 2 denied me without any good reason. "just cause of bulk application they get in a year. angry" one finally offered me admission. lakehead uni kiss am waiting for the last one to make a decision. am seeing lots of newbees in da house hope yall doing grate.!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
freshdude: i missed ma peeps here. i have been incommunicado due to some circumstances i cant control. i applied to 4 canadain skools 2 denied me without any good reason. "just cause of bulk application they get in a year. angry" one finally offered me admission. lakehead uni kiss am waiting for the last one to make a decision. am seeing lots of newbees in da house hope yall doing grate.!

Congrats bro...tis very good you spread ur tentacles very wide. Have you heard from uOttawa I hope they're not among those wey tell story...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
nobleman01: @siga, grin grin grin,always funny, i no dey fear, i just want to know please
@admission letter expectants, pls anybody expecting admission letter from a school,most of this schools use regular mail if u dont indicate u want to use a courier, my admission letter was 1st sent since nov and has not gotten to me by now, i had to call the school to reprint for me and also arranged with dhl to pick it up for me and i got it within 4 business days. so,if u av a time constraint, try contact them if u can use a courier

Pls I like to ask, so one can go to dhl here in Nigeria to get something somewhere @ canada? Or u paid d school to use courier?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :

I would suggest Ethiopian only for cost reasons and Air France for better flight experience( comfort and tins) but an experienced opinion would be a better one. Please keep us posted On whichever u eventually choose…

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
frederal:

Pls I like to ask, so one can go to dhl here in Nigeria to get something somewhere @ canada? Or u paid d school to use courier?

if school accept to use courier would be better for u, and prolly cheaper. most dont tho. in my case, i had to call dhl (check their nigeria site for number), arranged every over phone and email, made payment online..and they delivered to me..i guess u can as well go to their office for same

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 11:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :

A VERY BIG CONGRATS TO YOU BRO!!! My start date too should be May 6 and my school is also in BC. I believe my TRV is coming soon too. To God be the Glory!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wat reasons did u tender for defermt pls??
d2ddayo: so far so good, i thnk i shud say nairaland is far better than twitter maybe bcus its a forum where u get to discuss better things though other than gossips n all. am a first timer here and am feeling the vibe poured out by everyone here. so now straight to my own issue. i applied to MUN got my admission and i ve differed it twice due to som ishs, now i intend to forward my application to the emb. my sponsors cant be my parents cus they dont stay in naija. they re all in ireland where i travel to every year by GOD's grace. i ve other countries added to my passport like france, germany, dubai, italy and ireland. i hope this stands as an added advantage to my application cus i ve never overstayed. now i cant use them bcus i dont think anyone in europe really has a strong bank statement like of of people in naija.... so i intend to use a very close family friend of my dad. whats ur advice house on this? and also, for anyone who applied to MUN, please can i get a buzz from such person please cus i will want to know if truly it is that i only ve to make a deposit before i forward my application to the embassy. thanks in anticipation for ur response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
iwinosajack :

@gbesunboke, thank u sir. Pls go thru my posts u wl see d docx I listed wen I did medicals (around Feb, 13th ). As for ur sponsors acct statement, I tink its ok if d accts have gud activities, if they can prove steady source of income & if the number of their dependants ar not much! All d best ma broda!!
congrats bro..make sure u get your coffee from siga,,,lol...i wld advise you travel with ethioian airlines... not the best flight..but the extra dollars would be needed one way or the other ...cheers...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:26am On Mar 28, 2013
mosquitoway: congrats bro..make sure u get your coffee from siga,,,lol...i wld advise you travel with ethioian airlines... not the best flight..but the extra dollars would be needed one way or the other ...cheers...
....unless he tells me when hin go stop over for Pearson and I dey free....besides that....na cold region the guy dey go.... grin grin grin ...he go need more than coffee...na serious OGOGORO he go need...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 1:52am On Mar 28, 2013
frederal:

You can arrange for pick up 4m hr. You can either go to one of their service points or pay online. Also notify the school before doing so and get the contact details of the person dhl would contact for pick up. You can call dhl on 012700908. You can get details from their site as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 4:16am On Mar 28, 2013
Siga: ....unless he tells me when hin go stop over for Pearson and I dey free....besides that....na cold region the guy dey go.... grin grin grin ...he go need more than coffee...na serious OGOGORO he go need...

Prof Siga!! I greet u sir. I go arrange mysef wella wit enof bottles of seaman aromatic schnapp! Lol...but e nor mean say I nor go tk dat refreshing coffee wit u!!!! Pls sir wat is my best route to Kamloops, BC? Hw do I connect flights? Rgds
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 4:25am On Mar 28, 2013
mosquitoway: congrats bro..make sure u get your coffee from siga,,,lol...i wld advise you travel with ethioian airlines... not the best flight..but the extra dollars would be needed one way or the other ...cheers...

@mosquitoway, thank u sir. How is ur office @ d sky? Tanks so much for d info. God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 4:35am On Mar 28, 2013
ZionSpecie:
A VERY BIG CONGRATS TO YOU BRO!!! My start date too should be May 6 and my school is also in BC. I believe my TRV is coming soon too. To God be the Glory!

My oga, thank u so much. Ur trv is sure IJN. If u don't get it today, u wil get it after d holidays. Let's hookup & see if we can travel together by God's Grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sean622: 5:13am On Mar 28, 2013
Please house, I'm offered an admission into LSBF toronto campus to study Acca, I wish to ask how and where to include proof of relationship because I'm using a sponsor of different surname with #4m in his soa, also proof of home ties. I've read part 2,3 and 4 of this tread but have not seen anyone heading to this shool. London school of Business and Finance....... House pls I greatly need help to package my application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 6:52am On Mar 28, 2013
sean622: Please house, I'm offered an admission into LSBF toronto campus to study Acca, I wish to ask how and where to include proof of relationship because I'm using a sponsor of different surname with #4m in his soa, also proof of home ties. I've read part 2,3 and 4 of this tread but have not seen anyone heading to this shool. London school of Business and Finance....... House pls I greatly need help to package my application

Firstly, you would need Affidavit of support from a high court, also you would need to establish your relationship with your sponsor,stating the number of his/her dependents and the reason for such gesture.
Secondly, I guess you didn't read through the part 2&3 properly,because we have people like Newacca who have applied to LSBF and even one guy(can't remember his name now) just resume this March.
@Iwinosajack...congrat bro,we self dey your back ooo grin
@house

I don't wanna believe I am the only Summer/Spring awaitee of medicals on this forum,every other person seem to be awaiting TRV. All the best to us all, May the Almighty see us through(amen)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Huzzie Macc Brock Jan 21
2. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college Gotten TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Iwinosajack TRU Gotten TRV
6. Sampitts Msc Queensu ?

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 7:28am On Mar 28, 2013
Siga,u seize to amaze me with your words.Walai,u be real senior brother.I go drink coffee and that same ogogoro with you joor.thanks for your continuous presence here even with the tight schdules.
Siga: ....unless he tells me when hin go stop over for Pearson and I dey free....besides that....na cold region the guy dey go.... grin grin grin ...he go need more than coffee...na serious OGOGORO he go need...

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.