Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586878 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
earthgreeners:

its the same content on different papers.. @seyidollar, just make a clean and clear print of the soft copy... thatz should be good

I think it depends on the school and their policy. In the mail Waterloo sent to me and on Quest, I was told they don't send out admit letter and everything I have on my page is sufficient to get me my visa however, my department in Calgary told me that I should wait for the paper documents they would send which they claim is sufficient to get me my visa. Therefore, get in touch with your school and ask them what applies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
michaelcu: Please I have no travel history..I mean I have never been outside the country before.(Virgin Passport). Do I stand a chance of being issued the TRV, because all other documents are intact. Or is it advisable I visit some African countries first before applying.

Please kindly advice a bro.

I don't think your traveling experience matters, just go ahead and apply. After all, wherever it is you want to travel to, the visa would be issued on a virgin passport. Therefore, save your money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Onye oma:

A letter from his former employer stating that it is retirement allocation and also a letter from your dad also saying that he wishes to use the money for ur postgraduate studies shud do the job and clear their doubt.

In your mum's case,she should also write a letter explaining that she retired in january,hence the sudden slowdown of activities in her account (as part of her salary payment will reflect in the early part of the statement of account),and that she has been collecting her pension by hand.

A court affidavit by the both of them (if both of them are to be your sponsor) to see you thruout ur stay in Canny will seal up the whole case.

Any additional input by the veterans in the house will be appreciated...

Thanks very much bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Robbie37: @deebla in addittion, I would suggest you submit a letter signed by both your parents entailing their desire to fund your education in Canada, you may want to highlight that it's the reason why they put all those years in service and they are committed to channeling the fruit of the labour into sponsoring you to any desired height. Add of course an affidavit for each parent. You can spin your home tie gist through them too. May God grant you wisdom, in the end that's what really matters.

Bro, I appreciate it... But really, I need U to enlighten me on how to bring about the home tie stuff through family, but I can figure one out. Please raise me an idea
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
Huzzie:
Waoow, that's interesting, you submitted precisely 2weeks after mine. Well no ish sha,God is in control.
U mean u submitted to CDHC just 3 months to ur resumption date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
deebla:

Bro, I appreciate it... But really, I need U to enlighten me on how to bring about the home tie stuff through family, but I can figure one out. Please raise me an idea

one good way is ur dad indicating in that letter that he intends to invest the bulk of that retirement money in - insert whatever tickles ur fancy here - hence he is sending u to canada to get a very good education so that u can come back and manage it for him.. u can take that little idea and craft it as wild as u wanna
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Odinwa:
U mean u submitted to CDHC just 3 months to ur resumption date?
Yes my bro, 3months and a week.@Ticklin submitted less than 3months to his resumption and has been called for medicals(I guess).
@Ticklin...when did you do your medicals.
@ Odinwa...How far with your admission stuff, you didn't even update me about your Brock ambition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
bashtec9: Thanks pls can you send me the list of document u submitted

Am yet to submit bro,but I'll advise you go by Earthgreener's checklist...you can see it on his posts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
GboyegaD:

The bolded part got me laughing seriously. Why would you want to change your location when your location adjust itself automatically? I would advise before you leave Nigeria you hide your location and wait till you are fully settled before you show it although I don't see the need. The reason I said this is because those you haven't spoken to in years would chat you asking the same question everyday which could be frustrating and annoying and besides, it is distracting. Above all, I can bet you that the day after you travel, the news spreads like wildfire because some of your friends would be happy for you and they would tell one person who tells the other and like a spiral it keeps going that way.

Thank you for the advice.I agree with you bro...I'll do as you said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1.Olufemi14 PG conestoga college Gotten TRV
2. Iwinosajack TRU Gotten TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga awaiting TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5.Huzzie Macc Brock Jan 21
6. Ticklin ? Concordia Uni. Feb 11
7. Sampitts Msc Queensu ?

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
de aero: My ppl how una dey...pls I have one question, I am applying for a second degree at MUN, on sciences mainly in computer science...but my first degree was in Industrial chemistry. Which i have not received the final transcript. Now while submitting my dox, I would have to submit my University transcript even though I am not going for Msc or PG...but my question is if I submit result composite sheet which is notarize and a letter from my HOD stating that I have not been issued final official transcript can it cover for it? Composite(the normal sheet pasted for students to check their result,wch is given to course reps). And pls anyone going to Mun should indicate so we can hook up on BBM or anyhow.

When would you get your official transcript? Are you applying for next year or when are you hoping to start the program at MUN? Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
xtus:

Bro are u on bbm? Inbox me ur pin. get some Q 2 ask u........ Cletus161@yahoo.com

sent u an email
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
kenniy:

one good way is ur dad indicating in that letter that he intends to invest the bulk of that retirement money in - insert whatever tickles ur fancy here - hence he is sending u to canada to get a very good education so that u can come back and manage it for him.. u can take that little idea and craft it as wild as u wanna

@kenniy sadly I'm put in for Masters in Information System Security Management and the business is on Construction stuff... U see that doesn't link up. The issue of home tie is really giving me headache. Any idea bros and my pple?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
I have gotn my VISA and words can't express how happy I am...All Glory goes to God...Thank you Jesus!!! Submitted Sept 20th, Medical call Dec19th but did it on Jan 7th, Visa out March 29th, u Can go to page 270 of part 3 for documents i submitted, also am Highly favoured cus my Cousin's husband was my sponsor which I knw is a rare case scenario to use such a sponsor and get the Visa still. Am so happy , waited 7months for this, God is good!!!! Virgin Passport, only Ghana was stamped on my passport, Thanks house for all your Moral support, u guyz kept me going...One love people!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2013
kayce43: I have gotn my VISA and words can't express how happy I am...All Glory goes to God...Thank you Jesus!!! Submitted Sept 20th, Medical call Dec19th but did it on Jan 7th, Visa out March 29th, u Can go to page 270 of part 3 for documents i submitted, also am Highly favoured cus my Cousin's husband was my sponsor which I knw is a rare case scenario to use such a sponsor and get the Visa still. Am so happy , waited 7months for this, God is good!!!! Virgin Passport, only Ghana was stamped on my passport, Thanks house for all your Moral support, u guyz kept me going...One love people!

My oga @ d top........ I share ur joy with u and wish u all d very best in canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pat98: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
kayce43: I have gotn my VISA and words can't express how happy I am...All Glory goes to God...Thank you Jesus!!! Submitted Sept 20th, Medical call Dec19th but did it on Jan 7th, Visa out March 29th, u Can go to page 270 of part 3 for documents i submitted, also am Highly favoured cus my Cousin's husband was my sponsor which I knw is a rare case scenario to use such a sponsor and get the Visa still. Am so happy , waited 7months for this, God is good!!!! Virgin Passport, only Ghana was stamped on my passport, Thanks house for all your Moral support, u guyz kept me going...One love people!
Congrats bro...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Huzzie:
Yes my bro, 3months and a week.@Ticklin submitted less than 3months to his resumption and has been called for medicals(I guess).
@Ticklin...when did you do your medicals.
@ Odinwa...How far with your admission stuff, you didn't even update me about your Brock ambition.

I just received the email to go for medicals. I've not yet done it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunex80: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
bashtec9: [color=#000099][/color]Check Sheridan College they have environmental control.
guy u too much and thanks, this is what nairaland is all about,helping people who dont know to know, i appreciate so much and thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2013

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Dis is d news we bn waiting for. Congrats Bros! GOD has done it!! Am so happy 4 u. Enof celebrations!!!!!! U kn wat I mean

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2013

Finally, congrats bro...may God continue to lift you to higher heights in all your endeavours as you travel to Canny for ur studies...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
deebla:

@kenniy sadly I'm put in for Masters in Information System Security Management and the business is on Construction stuff... U see that doesn't link up. The issue of home tie is really giving me headache. Any idea bros and my pple?

that is the business that is on ground.. what about the 'business' he could indicate he wants to invest some part of the money into..i still think u could spin this to favor u.
lets look at it ds way.. say:
'I already have a business in construction which I want my son to administer. But I also intend to invest in IT Security Consultancy, with my son as the Managing Partner, and I would like that he gets the best education I can afford in that field before he can take over.'
something like that sha.. u get ma drift?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2013

Congrats man! Y'all will agree with me that its more or less no news... We all knew the embassy is just proving stunt and just keeping the visa for U all these while. Everybody believed ur TRV is a sure thing, though we all knew the wait was killing for U. Congrats man!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2013

Finally, I can imagine how ecstatic you are. I tap into this annointing bro. Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
kenniy:

that is the business that is on ground.. what about the 'business' he could indicate he wants to invest some part of the money into..i still think u could spin this to favor u.
lets look at it ds way.. say:
'I already have a business in construction which I want my son to administer. But I also intend to invest in IT Security Consultancy, with my son as the Managing Partner, and I would like that he gets the best education I can afford in that field before he can take over.'
something like that sha.. u get ma drift?

I get you gan bros, thanks man. I really appreciate. Why U neva take off na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Congrats Kayce... Happy For You Bro... Enjoy Ur Weekend wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
tunex80:
guy u too much and thanks, this is what nairaland is all about,helping people who dont know to know, i appreciate so much and thanks.
forward me ur number on akandebashir@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
deebla:

I get you gan bros, thanks man. I really appreciate. Why U neva take off na?

my resumption is sept.. so still gat some time to borrow sun (in yoruba english)
should be be off mid aug inshaAllah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
@Kayce43 woohooo!!! Nice Easter gift there man... Our joy on this forum getting more complete by the day. Congrats brother the wait is over sun don shine commot from the storm... Congrats again !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.