Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587429 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2013
Good day forumites: I am back in Lagos now. In view of the advice offered this week, I would like to go to CDHC on Monday AM. Like I said I did my medical almost 4 weeks now and when I got my medical it was not accompanied with further instructions. In this regard, I dont know the next step and folk here advised that I should go to CDHC to drop my docs including my passport. I would like to ask if I would have to send those docs and passport with UPS or simply go there and drop it myslf? If I am to send me SOA, would it be the one I sent when I applied online or would have to get a new statement?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2013
teexzle:
Ok..did u apply on ur own..or u used an agent

I doubt if they have any agent here in Nigeria, she applied by herself and got an admission likewise myself and some other guys I know of that got admitted into the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:46am On Jul 19, 2013
hayek: Good day forumites: I am back in Lagos now. In view of the advice offered this week, I would like to go to CDHC on Monday AM. Like I said I did my medical almost 4 weeks now and when I got my medical it was not accompanied with further instructions. In this regard, I dont know the next step and folk here advised that I should go to CDHC to drop my docs including my passport. I would like to ask if I would have to send those docs and passport with UPS or simply go there and drop it myslf? If I am to send me SOA, would it be the one I sent when I applied online or would have to get a new statement?

I'll advise you submit in person @ d embassy (since you're already in Lag), and since you didn't pay tuition fee, submitting an up-to-date S0A with the same range of balance or even more will further convince them that the money is there for ur intended studies for real...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2013
galala123:

@earthgreeners. Please assist as I am in transit and it's quite difficult updating on my phone.
ok Boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2013
earthgreeners: ok Boss

Oga himself,lest I forget, congrats on the funding offer you got from ur supervisor, I have been praying for such wonderful opportunity believing God I'll get mine soonest...I hope you've already submitted it,as it'll automatically put ur application processing on the fastest lane... I wish you all the best bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
earthgreeners: ok Boss

Hi @earthgreen..una receive my msg?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
@EARTHGREENERS ; HOW FAR ABOUT THE UPDATED MEDICAL HOPEFULS LIST.?? ALSO IT WOULD BE NICE IF ALL THE FELLOW SILENT MEMBERS AT LEAST INDICATE WHEN THEY SUBMITTED SO THAT WE AT LEAST PREDICT WHERE CDHC ARE CURRENTLY.

FROM THE LATEST POSTS, I THINK THEY ARE IN APRIL 26TH- APR 27TH APPS.

#SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by saintmentor: 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
hayek: Good day forumites: I am back in Lagos now. In view of the advice offered this week, I would like to go to CDHC on Monday AM. Like I said I did my medical almost 4 weeks now and when I got my medical it was not accompanied with further instructions. In this regard, I dont know the next step and folk here advised that I should go to CDHC to drop my docs including my passport. I would like to ask if I would have to send those docs and passport with UPS or simply go there and drop it myslf? If I am to send me SOA, would it be the one I sent when I applied online or would have to get a new statement?

i would advice u to go in person, submit all outstanding documents(passport,prepaid courier and confirmation receipt for your one year tuition). i got my medical instruction via email, dsame day i was issued another instruction(with deadline 26 days from d date of issue) to pay my tuition,d instruction was mailed to me via DHL courier unfortunately DHL didn't deliver it until i have just 8 working days to the expiration of d instruction(if not for GOD's intervention maybe i wont just get it till d deadline is exceeded). so my point is that channels of communication might fails at times because of our environment,in this case its not CHDC's fault neither is it yours. so go there and present all necessary documents. GOD been merciful always will see u through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
saintmentor:

i would advice u to go in person, submit all outstanding documents(passport,prepaid courier and confirmation receipt for your one year tuition). i got my medical instruction via email, dsame day i was issued another instruction(with deadline 26 days from d date of issue) to pay my tuition,d instruction was mailed to me via DHL courier unfortunately DHL didn't deliver it until i have just 8 working days to the expiration of d instruction(if not for GOD's intervention maybe i wont just get it till d deadline is exceeded). so my point is that channels of communication might fails at times because of our environment,in this case its not CHDC's fault neither is it yours. so go there and present all necessary documents. GOD been merciful always will see u through.

Very very true...
Mr Hayek, though you didn't get any instruction to pay your 1-year tuition, if you can pay it and submit the receipt with ur passport, I think that'll be the best for you...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Onye oma:

Very very true...
Mr Hayek, though you didn't get any instruction to pay your 1-year tuition, if you can pay it and submit the receipt with ur passport, I think that'll be the best for you...

Well said. This has been my opinion from day 1. There is no harm in paying however, they may be consequences if he does not pay. The motto of boys scout is "Be prepared".
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Onye oma:

Very very true...

True that and that will eliminate any doubt too, cos you will eventually pay it at the end of the day, but if money tight, you could hold off.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
Many thanks. I would endavour to pay through my Visa card. Hopefully, it goes through. I used the same card last year in Canada for purchases and I very much hope it would go when I use it to pay for the school fee. I think I can ride on my previous visits to Canada (more than 4 times) to erase any doubt. But in case the transaction cant go through today, what do you suggest that I should? Does that mean I should hold off going to CDHC on Monday with documents and passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
hayek: Many thanks. I would endavour to pay through my Visa card. Hopefully, it goes through. I used the same card last year in Canada for purchases and I very much hope it would go when I use it to pay for the school fee. I think I can ride on my previous visits to Canada (more than 4 times) to erase any doubt. But in case the transaction cant go through today, what do you suggest that I should? Does that mean I should hold off going to CDHC on Monday with documents and passport?
....U go continue riding on your previous visits na ni.... grin (just kidding).... I believe u can pay through a bank in Naija and submit the teller or slip u get from the bank...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
My status on VFS has changed oo. Being fronting to check d website since oo, i just summoned courage to check today and it says

"Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".

Ill go check on monday.
Wish me luck guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kinikini: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
@dotman,

when did you apply? Is it paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mine has changed too. Hoping for the best.
Did med test on 7 June
Submitted other docs on 24 june
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kinikini: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
@VCTROKOYE

When did you apply? Online application or paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
Did med test on 7 June
Submitted other docs on 24 june
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Kinikini: @dotman,

when did you apply? Is it paper or online?

Submitted in march via paper, did medical end of may
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kinikini: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
CONGRATS VCTROKOYE & DOTMAN,

WISH YOU THE BEST OF TIME IN CANADA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
...SURE VISA ...VCTROKOYE & DOTMAN ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
uchi4jah: We got five medicals for this week, I speculated upwards of five medicals and upwards of two TRV's.... We expecting the at least two TRV's before the end of this week. The more TRV's and the more medicals, the better. I'm convinced about this. I'm certain about this. I know...

smiley

Bros i dey officially fear you shocked shocked shocked. Na d 2 trv don show .... u no be forecaster u be prophet oh

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
ancient1:

Bros i dey officially fear you shocked shocked shocked. Na d 2 trv don show .... u no be forecaster u be prophet oh

Infact...like say him be foreseer!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Dotman "n" vctrokoye:....was your application online or paper? And what date are you resuming school?...

i submitted May 30th o "n" i neva hear anything and i email them no reply... sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:
I jst got a call 4rm ma agency dt they hv received ma medical invite 4rm cdhc. My app ws submitted on 25th April. I tnk evryone in d house 4ur assistance so far n de unity in purpose which exist among us. Above all i giv God the praise cos hs ma ultimate provider. I wish evryone all d best in dis journey.
cangrats man

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Congrats dotman n vctrkoye. About time we heard trv news.

Another long a** weekend 4 d rest of us. But we Thank GOD.
Anyway we are all still on course with regards to booking the same Flight to the 'west side' GOD willing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2013
Too bad they no longer send email notifications, we would get the good news before/after we check the vfs website telling us 'your app has been assessed'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
i_am_saheed: Dotman "n" vctrokoye:....was your application online or paper? And what date are you resuming school?...

i submitted May 30th o "n" i neva hear anything and i email them no reply... sad

I did medicals may 25 and returned my passport june 11. I applied using paper application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
ancient1:

not until he tells me when i wld get medicals he remains a forecaster...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
I have taken my visa today. My status changed n I rushed to Vfs.
I applied on 27 march at vfs
Called 4 medical on 27 may
Did med test on 7 June
Submitted other docs 24 june

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
VCTROKOYE: I have taken my visa today. My status changed n I rushed to Vfs.
Did med test on 7 June

Congratulations, and please remember to bring me gala.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
VCTROKOYE: I have taken my visa today. My status changed n I rushed to Vfs.
Did med test on 7 June

CONGRATS BRO, U NO EVEN WAIT FOR A SECOND BEFORE PERSON GO CHANGE MIND...WISH U ALL THE BEST IN UR TRAVELLING ARRANGEMENTS...

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.