Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587388 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
g-rock:
God is wonderful. I just got an email that my TRV has been approved. and I tracked and it also says my passport is ready.

submitted April 8
did medical June 11
submitted required docs June 20
TRV issued July 23

God dat doesn't dissapoint me, will not dissapoint all awaiting medical and trv ijn.

Amen bro!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nuendo: PEOPLE OF THE HOUSE,

ON MY WAY TO CDHC, MY VFS STATUS CHANGED AND BEHOLD I RECVD MY PASSPORT FINALLY THIS EVENING AND THE SLIP STATING THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR TH MEDICALS. I DIDN'T RECEIVE INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT TUITION AND BOARD. PLEASE PEOPLE< I HOPE THIS ISN'T STRANGE.

Congrats...told ya....Owfar with application dates?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
All you early may applicants would be getting the truck load of medical call ups from tomorrow till next week...these things sometimes are almost random. Be positive.
Shadams:

@Bumfem. U are right o. Many of us who submitted in first week of May have indeed become cheering spectators. But that is the spirit na, abi? Rejoice with those that rejoice.. And yes, let's keep hope alive. Meanwhile I also submitted on the 6th of May, and the chill pills are becoming less potent, but for God...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
MAY 2, paper application. email was sent as far back as Saturday from cdhc for med instructions, vfs only recvd the package today.
kjbobo:
Congrats...told ya....Owfar with application dates?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
HELLO ALL,
PLEASE, I WAS ISSUED MY MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS WITHOUT TUITION AND BOARD INSTRUCTIONS, I WOULD LIKE A LITTLE EXPERT ANALYSIS ON THIS. WOULD REALLY HELP.

THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING, I SAW A WHOLE LOT OF MEDICAL CALLS INCOMING TODAY AT VFS, STAY HOPEFUL, IT WULD SURELY COME.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
@all: did meds "n" resubmitted may30th...till date nothing... However my tuition was requested but keyano college mailed me when i wanted to pay that they don't accept tuition till am issued study permit..ryt nw am thinking that's the cause of the delay in the trv processing... Please do you think its wise to mail the school to contact cdch about this issue so they can look into my file?... Already mail cdhc like 4 times with no reply... "So worried + toothache" u can imagine....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
BRODA, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO CDHC OFFICE. THEY WOULDN'T FLOG YOU + AT LEAST YOU WOULD GET A PHYSICAL RESPONSE FROM THEM

i_am_saheed: @all: did meds "n" resubmitted may30th...till date nothing... However my tuition was requested but keyano college mailed me when i wanted to pay that they don't accept tuition till am issued study permit..ryt nw am thinking that's the cause of the delay in the trv processing... Please do you think its wise to mail the school to contact cdch about this issue so they can look into my file?... Already mail cdhc like 4 times with no reply... "So worried + toothache" u can imagine....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nuendo: HELLO ALL,
PLEASE, I WAS ISSUED MY MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONS WITHOUT TUITION AND BOARD INSTRUCTIONS, I WOULD LIKE A LITTLE EXPERT ANALYSIS ON THIS. WOULD REALLY HELP.

THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING, I SAW A WHOLE LOT OF MEDICAL CALLS INCOMING TODAY AT VFS, STAY HOPEFUL, IT WULD SURELY COME.

Have you picked up your envelope with vfs that contains your passport? Usually the tuition instruction comes with it and if not there, then ur not expected to make the payment yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nuendo: BRODA, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO CDHC OFFICE. THEY WOULDN'T FLOG YOU + AT LEAST YOU WOULD GET A PHYSICAL RESPONSE FROM THEM

Thanks for the response bro... Would chill this week "n" if nothing by weekend ild go to cdhc... But do you think its wise i have the school contact them directly concerning the tuition? Though they gave me a letter which submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yungsage100: 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Iamsaheed I'm sure cdhc is waiting for ur tuition receipt. Maybe you should talk to Keyano college(I mean call not emails) about the effect their policy has on your study permit approval.

@Bumdish Thank you for the great advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
i HAVE PICKED UP THE ENVELOPE, THE TUITION INSTRUCTION DIDN'T COME WITH IT. I GUESS THERE MIGHT BE A REASON. I HEARD SOME SCHOOLS REFUSE TUITION UNTIL TRV IS ISSUED. DUNNO ABOUT MINE SHAA...I AM HEADED FOR UNI OF CALGARY.

dotman:

I have you picked up your envelope with vfs that contains your passport? Usually the tuition instruction comes with it and if not there, then ur not expected to make the payment yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by uchi4jah: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Canny.... Here I come. On Friday m leaving smiley

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
uchi4jah: Canny.... Here I come. On Friday m leaving smiley

I had to log in just to wish you a safe trip n all the best in canada. Been monitoring the thread and it was amazing the way you prophesied (you called it guessing ) there would be 5 medicals n 2 trv's in a particular week and it happened . In my opinion , its a gift you should work on
congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2013

Have a safe trip and God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
I also got the med instructions only. Dunno if this is peculiar to U Calgary applicants as I'm also headed to U Calgary..

Nuendo: i HAVE PICKED UP THE ENVELOPE, THE TUITION INSTRUCTION DIDN'T COME WITH IT. I GUESS THERE MIGHT BE A REASON. I HEARD SOME SCHOOLS REFUSE TUITION UNTIL TRV IS ISSUED. DUNNO ABOUT MINE SHAA...I AM HEADED FOR UNI OF CALGARY.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tunamost: 12:34am On Jul 25, 2013
Plz can anyone tell me if it is possible to travel to US or canada with a student visa without attending d school in particular...I met wit an agent who told me I can pay part of d tution fee here in nigeria for visa purpose and when I get to US I will just find my way and stay with someone in know in d state...I actually opted for dis option cux all am interested in is living and working in US or Canada cuz ave got no money to finance my masters program myself.so later if I gather up some money I can then opt to further my studies...I know pple do somfin like dis but how visible is it....plz ur advice...very urgent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 12:45am On Jul 25, 2013
tunamost: Plz can anyone tell me if it is possible to travel to US or canada with a student visa without attending d school in particular...I met wit an agent who told me I can pay part of d tution fee here in nigeria for visa purpose and when I get to US I will just find my way and stay with someone in know in d state...I actually opted for dis option cux all am interested in is living and working in US or Canada cuz ave got no money to finance my masters program myself.so later if I gather up some money I can then opt to further my studies...I know pple do somfin like dis but how visible is it....plz ur advice...very urgent.
Almost everything that can be imagined is possible and this one is not an exception however, going this route is very synonymous with exchanging a birthright for a pot of soup. The thing wey dey after 6 pass 7.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by janeg123: 12:57am On Jul 25, 2013
Siga, i have gone to the embassy as you ask me toand i was told that my application is still on processe. i know that student visa to canada processing time is 4 to 6 month my mine is in the 7th month now, pls do you have any idea on this ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frediko(m): 1:00am On Jul 25, 2013
Hello house...am happy for dis trend,I jst start mine nd tried followin frm d part 1 buf won't lie I got to wary,so in mst kindness pls put me tru...
I applied to uni of regina last year buf admission rejectd,nd I came out wiv a 4.07 cgp, so I got fraustrated nd decided to visit agents,nd all dey all advise is for me to put in for post graduate colleges nd to pay fees wich I can't find reasonable to service provided..I intend to put in for may 2014 session buf am confused either to follow agents, re-apply to anoda uni or apply to pgd myself...pls don't refer m back to previous comment or trends,my eyes are heavy readin dem,nd no solution to my probs yet..so pls b kind to start afresh wiv me..God wil bless us all as u put my humble self tru nd congrat to our fore-achievers in dis canadian tins..tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 1:03am On Jul 25, 2013
frediko: Hello house...am happy for dis trend,I jst start mine nd tried followin frm d part 1 buf won't lie I got to wary,so in mst kindness pls put me tru...
I applied to uni of regina last year buf admission rejectd,nd I came out wiv a 4.07 cgp, so I got fraustrated nd decided to visit agents,nd all dey all advise is for me to put in for post graduate colleges nd to pay fees wich I can't find reasonable to service provided..I intend to put in for may 2014 session buf am confused either to follow agents, re-apply to anoda uni or apply to pgd myself...pls don't refer m back to previous comment or trends,my eyes are heavy readin dem,nd no solution to my probs yet..so pls b kind to start afresh wiv me..God wil bless us all as u put my humble self tru nd congrat to our fore-achievers in dis canadian tins..tanx
talk to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2013
dommakavelli:

Yes, but stil waiting for medic

Please how long did it take before MUN informed you of your admission status. I am still waiting for mine. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 1:09am On Jul 25, 2013
Guy,that route is not advisable.In Canada,u will not be able to work with a study permit.U would only be eligible to apply for work permit after 6month of full time study.Since U won't be studying,u would not be able to apply for study permit.
I don't know about US.
tunamost: Plz can anyone tell me if it is possible to travel to US or canada with a student visa without attending d school in particular...I met wit an agent who told me I can pay part of d tution fee here in nigeria for visa purpose and when I get to US I will just find my way and stay with someone in know in d state...I actually opted for dis option cux all am interested in is living and working in US or Canada cuz ave got no money to finance my masters program myself.so later if I gather up some money I can then opt to further my studies...I know pple do somfin like dis but how visible is it....plz ur advice...very urgent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 4:56am On Jul 25, 2013
Nuendo: HELLO ALL,

Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 4:59am On Jul 25, 2013
safe flight bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2013
HZwriters:

Please how long did it take before MUN informed you of your admission status. I am still waiting for mine. Thank you.

First week of march 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:33am On Jul 25, 2013
Nuendo: i HAVE PICKED UP THE ENVELOPE, THE TUITION INSTRUCTION DIDN'T COME WITH IT. I GUESS THERE MIGHT BE A REASON. I HEARD SOME SCHOOLS REFUSE TUITION UNTIL TRV IS ISSUED. DUNNO ABOUT MINE SHAA...I AM HEADED FOR UNI OF CALGARY.

smile13: I also got the med instructions only. Dunno if this is peculiar to U Calgary applicants as I'm also headed to U Calgary..

If that is the case then i think we have a similar case on our hands, Please reply, we could unravel the issue and active pro-actively . PLEASE DOES ANYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOW OF APPLICANTS WHO WERE FINALLY ISSUED TRV's WITHOUT BEING ASKED FOR TUITION AND BOARD OGA SIGA AND FHEMMMY , ONYE OMA AND THE OTHER VETERAN MEMBERS, PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 5:39am On Jul 25, 2013
@all: please am thinking of mailing my school to contact cdhc in regards the tuition fee they don't accept till study permit is issued.. Though they email me a letter to give cdhc which i submitted with my passport after medicals on may30... Could that be the delay? "n" if it is does that mean they wana agree with my schools tuition policy?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pharmow: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2013
earthgreeners: bro,the guy i told u abt is studying ecosystem restoration not eia

@Eartgreeners, Sirdam na my personal person. He talked good about U. Can't wait to see U in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2013
Nuendo:

If that is the case then i think we have a similar case on our hands, Please reply, we could unravel the issue and active pro-actively . PLEASE DOES ANYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOW OF APPLICANTS WHO WERE FINALLY ISSUED TRV's WITHOUT BEING ASKED FOR TUITION AND BOARD OGA SIGA AND FHEMMMY , ONYE OMA AND THE OTHER VETERAN MEMBERS, PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE.

The only set of people I'm sure that av been issued TRV without paying tuition are those on scholarship...outside that,I'll strongly advise you to pay ur tuition and submit the receipt with ur passport...@ dis stage, I don't think its risky to pay tuition fee anymore (you can never be denied TRV cos you paid tuition fee @ dis stage, ßuђ anything can happen if you don't pay ur tuition fee).

Even when your TRV gets issued to you,you'll still pay ur tuition fees and pass thru the same stress,so I feel its better to do it once and for all...to be on the safest side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rexxy09: 8:10am On Jul 25, 2013
Dear Forumites,
I have read so many stuffs about apying tuition before TRV and all of that. I need somebody to explain to me vividly what it entails. Before my paper application on April 29th, I pay half of my full fees (one semester) and the receipt was included with application. At this level, if fortunately I am done with Medicals, do you think CDHC will still ask me to pay the remaining one semester or I should pay it without been advised by the CDHC?

God bless you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by aarejo: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2013
cryPls someone should answer my questions pllllllleeaaaasseee.....abeg abi am I invisible shocked
Ur responds nd advice is highly needed....my oga at d top dem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2013
rexxy09: Dear Forumites,
I have read so many stuffs about apying tuition before TRV and all of that. I need somebody to explain to me vividly what it entails. Before my paper application on April 29th, I pay half of my full fees (one semester) and the receipt was included with application. At this level, if fortunately I am done with Medicals, do you think CDHC will still ask me to pay the remaining one semester or I should pay it without been advised by the CDHC?

God bless you all.

Don't you think it's easier to get a refund on one semester's fee than a year's fee (God forbid if you get rejected at the embassy) cuz you would lose less when collecting a refund on a semester's fee in comparison to a year's fee. I think you should just wait for them (CDHC) to tell you wether you need to pay more or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.