Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589567 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
prof.ify:

Please my Chairman, i also need the visa questionnaire, my email add is: fnykl@yahoo.com. Thanks for all your usual assistance

check ur email addres
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by librasat: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Great guys in da house pls I need advice o I submitted my application since 7th may but am still expecting med call, part of the doc submitted is letter of introduction from my employer I work in financial institution, now have gotten another job can I move pls? Oga siga et al. Urgent pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
On a second note, is the company registerd? And I think the problem is on the change of course
kunle-akogun:
@efosa

I am self employed,I run a coy for mysef.
Different courses as man no see work do for naija na..I dey learn technical work since I finish sch so I want do the course proper

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kunsoft:

could you sent to me too? kumuyiduro@yahoo.com

Thanks

You have mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by profify: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
seunlovesa:

check ur email addres
Thank you very much Bros. Seunlovesa. I will check it out now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You have mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
hello people. Very informative thread. Welldone to all the contributors. Please what range should an account balance be for sponsoring a family member if I am on a full scholarship. Answers are very much appreciated Thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
allspark: hello people. Very informative thread. Welldone to all the contributors. Please what range should an account balance be for sponsoring a family member if I am on a full scholarship. Answers are very much appreciated Thank u.

yes, you are on full scholarship but what is most important is leaving doubt in the mind of the officer looking into your file, also, are you going for Undergrad, Post grad or Diploma, all these plays a role in what ought to be in the account of your sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
@fhemmmy thanks for your response. Its a phd and I don't want to leave my wife behind though she isn't keen on going. I don't want to hear stories. So how much should be the minimum in my account as I am fully sponsored.? Thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
allspark: @fhemmmy thanks for your response. Its a phd and I don't want to leave my wife behind though she isn't keen on going. I don't want to hear stories. So how much should be the minimum in my account as I am fully sponsored.? Thank u.

Taking your wife with you is a redflag of "We are not convinced that you will leave at the end of your stay" i will advice you leave her behind, you go and she could come and meet you . . . For PhD, i will advice you have as much as you can but good 3M Naira will be ideal . . . Please it could be less, but from my little knowledge 3M wont be a bad idea, but as much as you can . . and if you bend on taking your wife with you, now now many years you are going will play a factor, cos you have to assume your wife will not be working for those years and your scholarship will take care of you and not your wife.
So worry about rent, cos of living and the rest and just in case, you make baby while here.
So your wife coming with you will be a game changer. . . 3M Naira will NOT be ideal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
@fhemmmy. Thanks bro. I was thinking that since my office has given me leave with pay its a sign that i am coming home. I want to return anyway. Also, I assumed that since I have funding for rent,feeding, misc etc my account balance will be soley for her upkeep.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
onuawuchi: I submitted my file on the 7th of May, and my sponsorship profile looks like this:
My sponsor is my elder sister
I showed her salary account balance of 3.7m
Her Cscs statement of about 3.5
A letter from her employer quoting her per annum of about 10m
Wrote me an affidavit and letter of sponsorship...stated her 4 kids as dependents
...... I'm going for a PG at Lakehead. My tuition is $13K.
I've not heard any thing from CHC up till now. I want to know what I've done wrong
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
People in the house... My VFS status has changed to "Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest." Is that supposed to be medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
allspark: @fhemmmy. Thanks bro. I was thinking that since my office has given me leave with pay its a sign that i am coming home. I want to return anyway. Also, I assumed that since I have funding for rent,feeding, misc etc my account balance will be soley for her upkeep.

The account balance is just for you to show that you are comfy and wont depend on the goodwill of Canada to survive, show as much as you can and you will be well . . . . Yes, leave of absence and you wanna go with your wife, if i am the visa officer, i wont even look too much before i return your document to you . . . Take care of your schooling and your wife could join.
Dont allow any suspicions, so many leave of absence that becomes "I am sorry, due to personal reason, i wont be joining your organization again"
Just my 2 cents, Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
deebla: People in the house... My VFS status has changed to "Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest." Is that suprposed to be medicals?

Congrats. Good news. No e-mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
librasat: Great guys in da house pls I need advice o I submitted my application since 7th may but am still expecting med call, part of the doc submitted is letter of introduction from my employer I work in financial institution, now have gotten another job can I move pls? Oga siga et al. Urgent pls.
I will advice you hold on.....Dont think you have to create "another reason " for the V.O to look into your application closely...Provided your statement of acct is okay..... I will advice you chill.As regards your submission date....dont think its anything to fret about yet..as we are quite a number that applied around that time and yet to get a response....I applied on 7th too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thought I should share this tips with my brothers/sisters and hope it comes handy

1. Be prepared to hit the rock bottom, yes I know you have a job, furniture, houses, cars back in Nigeria but no one really cares right now. Be prepared to start again from ground zero
2. If you have a very close family tie to Nigeria and especially if its marriage or child(ren), be prepared to miss them greatly. Skype and Google hangout would be your best friend
3. Be prepared for eventualities with that your Nigeria based girlfriend/boyfriend because love would wax cold and attentions would shift. You must talk things over before you leave and decide on your relationship survival strategy well in advance. But please, don't leave that Niaja babe/guy hanging.
4. Resist the temptation of spending too much money in your first few weeks. Take your time and consult widely.
5. Information mostly circulates within communities. The top visible immigrants are the Chinese, Indians, Iranians & Pakistanis hence you need to identify your own and straighten your support system.
6. You would be pissed with the taxes (13% in Ontario, meaning if you cut your hair, you pay $18 + 2.34 HST). Live with it.
7. Language/Accent could be a barrier at first but that would normalize with time.
8. Avoid convenience stores (A store with extended opening hours and in a convenient location, stocking a limited range of household goods and groceries) if you can, because of the extra markup on prices, use large stores like Walmart, No frills, Food basics(my favorite), Freshco instead. Also look out for generic brands [consumer products (often supermarket goods) are distinguished by the absence of a brand name]. They are generally cheaper and equal in quality with branded products. I have attached a few of them
9. Now, you would find Google Map a very important utility. You could equally install other bus routes applications on your smart phone. Checking weather forecast could also be as important as checking your mails sometimes.
10. Consult widely before you acquire any long to medium term subscriptions such as phone line, internet & TV
11. Do a per term based accommodation lease (4 months), so you could easily move on if you must, but in many cases, you might just have to make do with a year lease because of availability. In any case, consult widely
12. You do not have to come with all the items you need. Good & affordable clothen can be purchased at Walmart or Old navy, but please come with your African attires, you would stand out in weddings and religious gatherings. Garri is a "must bring" but dairy products are a no-no including Gala. Sorry Fhemmmy. Check http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml for details
13. Try to organize the return leg of your flight against the next summer break, you just might find it useful, who knows
14. Finalize your airport-to-destination trip before you arrive in Canada and do have a few USD/CAD with you as backup.
15. The first semester is often the most difficult because you are going to be adjusting to lots of new things at this time. Meet your TAs and Profs if you are experiencing any academic difficulty cos they are mostly willing to help.
16. Attend Job Fairs even if you are not yet qualified. It is often an excellent way to test the waters
17. Have a open mind and eyes
18. Thread on the path of the law. There is no "I beg sir"
19. Use your social skills to your advantage and don't limit your scope
20. Credit Card is good and bad. The burden is on you to spot the difference
21. Now is not the time to relegate your maker to the backstage. Give Him the center stage

Just like any landlord would be happy with a tenant that beautifies and enhances the house. I believe God's blessing is on the nation for the good job they have done on their landscape. Welcome to Canada

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
@fhemmmy thanks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Bumdish . . . what an awesome awakening post . . . And please add to it, to fall in love with calling card, else, Bell, Rogers will use them to make good money, if they calling Nigeria str8 on their phone, cos it will go thru.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
galala123:

Bros na only me you see stalk? How about the other 3 peeps wey don chop meds? smiley
None of them dey our list now......As far as i am concerned....they are "imaginary"...lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
kjbobo:
None of them dey our list now......As far as i am concerned....they are "imaginary"...lol...

Well, we now have another same date buddy (librasat). smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ efosa

Its registered o

Studied Bus Admn but I've nt been cleared yet,I collected my uncompleted transcript

Been learning Welding part time since I finished uni ova a year nw,so wanted to study Diploma in Welding
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
deebla: People in the house... My VFS status has changed to "Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest." Is that supposed to be medicals?
Congrats....please when did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
galala123:

Congrats. Good news. No e-mail?

No emails... Just tracked now and got that...

Is it compulsory that one gets an email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
kjbobo:
Congrats....please when did you submit?

Thanks man, I submitted May 13th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
deebla: People in the house... My VFS status has changed to "Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest." Is that supposed to be medicals?

Congrats....13th Is like random or they just pick and chose
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
beautiful stuff bumdish. thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
deebla:

No emails... Just tracked now and got that...

Is it compulsory that one gets an email?

Not compulsory though these days the mail comes oftentimes ahead. Have you checked your mail box as well as your SPAM Box? Perhaps it came earlier sef but dropped in your spam mailbox
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
@bumdish, that was on point....many thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
galala123:

Not compulsory though these days the mail comes oftentimes ahead. Have you checked your mail box as well as your SPAM Box? Perhaps it came earlier sef but dropped in your spam mailbox

I have checked every where o, no mails...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
deebla:

I have checked every where o, no mails...

Bottomline. Good news in the house. Mail or no mail dont matter. Go get your message. We rejoice with you and wish you the best all the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
galala123:

Bottomline. Good news in the house. Mail or no mail dont matter. Go get your message. We rejoice with you and wish you the best all the way.

My brother, i tire oh . . . Some question, i have no idea how to respond to them, your attention is needed and now we looking under the couch and cupboard for mail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.