Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,322 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (603165 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yomi74: 12:45am On Aug 19, 2013
justwise: @ yomi_74

Stop dropping your contact details here for offline chat.
sowie bou dat bro,jst been curious bou stuffs dats y
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 3:01am On Aug 19, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

thanks just got into Lagos some minutes back. would visit CDHC tomorrow. hopefully I'd be able to state my case and get something tangible other than that they are processing it
Wish you all the very best...With God's favour going there with you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by djay1: 4:17am On Aug 19, 2013
Hello good people of this forum 1st of I would want to apologise for my absence on the forum as waiting for CIC final decesion can make one numb particularly someone like me, knowing my application developed k leg during processing but the good news is on friday d 16th CIC hornerd God and my visa was handed to me that day I cried softly , I think it was tears of joy perhaps because 2weeks prior to that day I received my package from vfs init my application was closed and I was refused but in the package my intl pasport, full board+ skl fees receipt & letter from my sponsors lawyer standing as source of income as she dint ave a credible proof for source of income but she had enuf fund,all this was not in my package recevied from vfs. Let me take us back during call 4 medicals I was askd to provide these documents that was not in my package recevied from vfs moreso I was given 30days to provide them,If siga can rember I mailed him on his opinion as regards what is my best option as regard sponsors source of income since my sponsor lacked d required docs specified by CIC he sugestted a letter from a laywer would do. Tuale!! Oga Siga ur idea paid off. Now 30day has elapsed and I had not provided the docs infact it was until anoda 30days that I was able to provide the docs my application was closed on the 30th of july and the suporting docs got to CIC on the 1staug am sure dat was why d supporting docs and intl passprt was not in my closed appltn....now back to we're we we're after I recived d closed apllictn 4rm VFS as suggested by a vfs staffs and mr Wammi whom I met at VfS office d day his visa was approved after his 2nd trial encouraged me to hit CIC when I got there filled d form was askd 2 come in well to cut long stry short that day they explaind futhr more why my app was closed and that I should reaplly then gave me my pasrt and odr docs then almost instantly she got a call and she calld me bk in and collectd my docs bak and told me in 2wks dey would get bk 2 me which dey did on fri with d good news of stamped visa ..Thank God 4 me u guys ,thank u all 4 ur support, we are family in here. Well am headed to Ottawa and I applied on 3rd april.

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 4:37am On Aug 19, 2013
d jay: Hello good people of this forum 1st of I would want to apologise for my absence on the forum as waiting for CIC final decesion can make one numb particularly someone like me, knowing my application developed k leg during processing but the good news is on friday d 16th CIC hornerd God and my visa was handed to me that day I cried softly , I think it was tears of joy perhaps because 2weeks prior to that day I received my package from vfs init my application was closed and I was refused but in the package my intl pasport, full board+ skl fees receipt & letter from my sponsors lawyer standing as source of income as she dint ave a credible proof for source of income but she had enuf fund,all this was not in my package recevied from vfs. Let me take us back during call 4 medicals I was askd to provide these documents that was not in my package recevied from vfs moreso I was given 30days to provide them,If siga can rember I mailed him on his opinion as regards what is my best option as regard sponsors source of income since my sponsor lacked d required docs specified by CIC he sugestted a letter from a laywer would do. Tuale!! Oga Siga ur idea paid off. Now 30day has elapsed and I had not provided the docs infact it was until anoda 30days that I was able to provide the docs my application was closed on the 30th of july and the suporting docs got to CIC on the 1staug am sure dat was why d supporting docs and intl passprt was not in my closed appltn....now back to we're we we're after I recived d closed apllictn 4rm VFS as suggested by a vfs staffs and mr Wammi whom I met at VfS office d day his visa was approved after his 2nd trial encouraged me to hit CIC when I got there filled d form was askd 2 come in well to cut long stry short that day they explaind futhr more why my app was closed and that I should reaplly then gave me my pasrt and odr docs then almost instantly she got a call and she calld me bk in and collectd my docs bak and told me in 2wks dey would get bk 2 me which dey did on fri with d good news of stamped visa ..Thank God 4 me u guys ,thank u all 4 ur support, we are family in here. Well am headed to Ottawa and I applied on 3rd april.
That is a rare testimony there! Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 4:38am On Aug 19, 2013
d jay: Hello good people of this forum 1st of I would want to apologise for my absence on the forum as waiting for CIC final decesion can make one numb particularly someone like me, knowing my application developed k leg during processing but the good news is on friday d 16th CIC hornerd God and my visa was handed to me that day I cried softly , I think it was tears of joy perhaps because 2weeks prior to that day I received my package from vfs init my application was closed and I was refused but in the package my intl pasport, full board+ skl fees receipt & letter from my sponsors lawyer standing as source of income as she dint ave a credible proof for source of income but she had enuf fund,all this was not in my package recevied from vfs. Let me take us back during call 4 medicals I was askd to provide these documents that was not in my package recevied from vfs moreso I was given 30days to provide them,If siga can rember I mailed him on his opinion as regards what is my best option as regard sponsors source of income since my sponsor lacked d required docs specified by CIC he sugestted a letter from a laywer would do. Tuale!! Oga Siga ur idea paid off. Now 30day has elapsed and I had not provided the docs infact it was until anoda 30days that I was able to provide the docs my application was closed on the 30th of july and the suporting docs got to CIC on the 1staug am sure dat was why d supporting docs and intl passprt was not in my closed appltn....now back to we're we we're after I recived d closed apllictn 4rm VFS as suggested by a vfs staffs and mr Wammi whom I met at VfS office d day his visa was approved after his 2nd trial encouraged me to hit CIC when I got there filled d form was askd 2 come in well to cut long stry short that day they explaind futhr more why my app was closed and that I should reaplly then gave me my pasrt and odr docs then almost instantly she got a call and she calld me bk in and collectd my docs bak and told me in 2wks dey would get bk 2 me which dey did on fri with d good news of stamped visa ..Thank God 4 me u guys ,thank u all 4 ur support, we are family in here. Well am headed to Ottawa and I applied on 3rd april.

I just love your story...it shows d ways of the Lord.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2013
ChriGo: Yes oo bros tuition fee 4 canny na kongfu grin grin....xpensive mehn!! Buh d best part is dat its all worth it at d end grin grin...as 4 me na enuff ghana must go i dy carry go dia. grin grin...i go drain dia knowledge comot 4 dia body kon cum back naija 2 bless my people wit it... grin grin....sori abt d denial bro...u'll get it dis time grin grin...

Thanx bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 4:52am On Aug 19, 2013
Just returned from summer camp and so glad to read some heart cheering news that happened over the weekend.
@earthgreeners and @playpay, my biggest congrats to you guys. @earthgreeners, I beg make una do sharp sharp come make our obodo Naija greener oh, abi no be wetin you write put for your letter of intent be dat...
@Galala and others, am sure you guys will hear from them this week...we are praying for you, no tension.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:56am On Aug 19, 2013
....Baba God na ni... I told u bros... no wahala....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clow(m): 5:16am On Aug 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

Do you share the same surname with him?
if you don't have your dad's death cert just tell him to to state your relationship in his letter of sponsorship and Support it with an affidavit of sponsorship.

You should also state your relationship with him in your sop, you can say he has bin responsible for your upbringing and education since your dad passed away.

You can tell your mom to write a letter too. She should introduce your sponsor and state your relationship in the letter.

However, if you share the same surname with your sponsor, your mum's letter is not needed.

Yes bro we share same surname,thanx Man...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 5:37am On Aug 19, 2013
Please who is going to humber college? Hola lets hook up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 6:12am On Aug 19, 2013
Wow!!!!! God is indeed marvelous and awesome.you are indeed favoured. I tap great blessings and comgratultions my brother

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 6:53am On Aug 19, 2013
Good morning people.hope the weekend was great.Thank God for a new week.i've got few questions
1.for the experienced people here,pls how does one keep money as it is not safe to carry a huge some from here.plus i know there are some banks ere that u can withdraw frm anywhere in the world but dont if they have daily limits as to what one can withdraw.

2. For those that applied for a pgd,and have gotten a visa,how many years were they given? Single or multiple entry. Incase one wants to come back during xmas or any holiday.is it advisable?

3.which airlines are okay and the routes. The one that i wont have to stay in transit for 10hrs.i get easily bored for africa and definitely wont enjoy it

4.any ottawarians in d house? Looking for accomodation. Suggestions pls

Meanwhile i havent gotten my trv.just preparing ahead.
Applied May 22nd
Medicals July 24th
Resmption date Sept 3rd

Good news is our portion this week.Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2013
Congrats please can i get a copy of lawyer letter of support for backing financial document @ akandebashir@gmail.com thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2013
Mehn!!!....bros dis ya case not only have k-leg oo,e get j-leg join grin grin...dis is proof dat God only has d final say on visa grin grin....if congratulations na bottle of star i for smash 1 for ya head now grin grin....HuGE CONGRATS TO U SIR!!...i tap 80% from ya blessing grin...God aint sleeping!!....am d happiest dude on dis forum rite nowgrin grin cuz i know dis week will b a blessing tapping galour for me mehn!!....i congratulate u and i congratulate mysef in advance grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:23am On Aug 19, 2013
laureek: Good morning people.hope the weekend was great.Thank God for a new week.i've got few questions
1.for the experienced people here,pls how does one keep money as it is not safe to carry a huge some from here.plus i know there are some banks ere that u can withdraw frm anywhere in the world but dont if they have daily limits as to what one can withdraw.

2. For those that applied for a pgd,and have gotten a visa,how many years were they given? Single or multiple entry. Incase one wants to come back during xmas or any holiday.is it advisable?

3.which airlines are okay and the routes. The one that i wont have to stay in transit for 10hrs.i get easily bored for africa and definitely wont enjoy it

Applied May 22nd
Medicals July 24th
Resmption date Sept 3rd

Dont really have physical experience!! But like i said earlier i have travelled to so many places by dream!! grin grin....hun!!shocked do u still mind me sharing experience on dat We neva can tell it mite b of help grin grin...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2013
laureek: Good morning people.hope the weekend was great.Thank God for a new week.i've got few questions

Applied May 22nd
Medicals July 24th
Resmption date Sept 3rd

Question 2. You're usually given multiple entry (I'm not a pgd student but from what I've witnessed in the last year ) as long as you're given multiple and its still valid as at Christmas you can come back to nigeria

Question 3. Emirates has a short transit time , if you take the night flight from lagos , klm and lufthansa All have transit times less than 6hrs , air france is about. If you don't mind the 14hr flight from dubai to toronto emirates is the best and usually the cheapest. If you don't want that , use any of the European airlines except British ones as you May need transit visa .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2013
dollypounds: Gud evenin am a nu member in dis forum, I got admission into centennial college. And I av bin call for medical. Pls wat next and aw many wiks for visa to b out
Mehn!! Madam dolly c as u call medical like say na normal parol undecided..well!! wit God na normal parol anyway....u shuld really b hapi u'r called 4 medics...congrats i tap frm ya blessing grin grin...have u gone to pick ur package frm vfs...go pick it up nd follow d instructions there...congrats again grin grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2013
clow:

Thanks,really appreciate,well I'm not too sure if I knw where d death cert is now,and don't think I have enough time to start searching for thhat as I would be submitting my application this week,but I have pictures from his burial in the form of a diary booklet with his name and picture on it,hope that will do.

In the family application form, just fill in deceased and the date he died in the form. I don't think you need his death certificate or burial pictures.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2013
bumdish: Just returned from summer camp and so glad to read some heart cheering news that happened over the weekend.
@earthgreeners and @playpay, my biggest congrats to you guys. @earthgreeners, I beg make una do sharp sharp come make our obodo Naija greener oh, abi no be wetin you write put for your letter of intent be dat...
@Galala and others, am sure you guys will hear from them this week...we are praying for you, no tension.

Thanks sire, we dey come with Ghana must go to carry all the CAD!!! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2013
clow:

Yes bro we share same surname,thanx Man...

Since u bear d same surname, you don't need d death cert. You're good to go. You don't need to worry much about proof of relationship.
Just provide a Letter/affidavit of sponsorship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2013
Reading ur testimony knowing mine also is here; added to my smile.
God is able!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2013

Applied May 22nd
Medicals July 24th
Resmption date Sept 3rd

1. You will need to discuss this with your bank. Daily withdrawal limits has to do with your bank and the arm you are withdrawing from. alternatively I would advise you get a credit card from your bank. There's no withdrawal limit on that and its safe to use anywhere. I got one from Access Bank. You may want to check them out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2013

Applied May 22nd
Medicals July 24th
Resmption date Sept 3rd

Question 4: You can check up for accommodations @ Student Housing Billboards Off-campus housing accommodations (that's if ur going to uOttawa),and contact the landlords thru their contacts...feel free to send me a PM if you need further assistance...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clow(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2013
Burningflamz: Please who is going to humber college? Hola lets hook up.

Bosss I'm going to humber.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2013
Chatters:

1. You will need to discuss this with your bank. Daily withdrawal limits has to do with your bank and the arm you are withdrawing from. alternatively I would advise you get a credit card from your bank. There's no withdrawal limit on that and its safe to use anywhere. I got one from Access Bank. You may want to check them out.
Oga siga talk say d exchange rate wen u get 2 canny na yoyo bitters oo grin grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2013
ChriGo: Oga siga talk say d exchange rate wen u get 2 canny na yoyo bitters oo grin grin....

If you have a dollar credit card you don't need to worry about the exchange rate. Which ever card you are getting should be in dollars. This way your card doesn't get rejected at some outlets. Please avoid naira credit /debit card. Go for dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2013
ChriGo: Mehn!! Madam dolly c as u call medical like say na normal parol undecided..well!! wit God na normal parol anyway....u shuld really b hapi u'r called 4 medics...congrats i tap frm ya blessing grin grin...have u gone to pick ur package frm vfs...go pick it up nd follow d instructions there...congrats again grin grin....

Nice1zn misef tap blessing o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:24am On Aug 19, 2013
Chatters:

If you have a dollar credit card you don't need to worry about the exchange rate. Which ever card you are getting should be in dollars. This way your card doesn't get rejected at some outlets. Please avoid naira credit /debit card. Go for dollars.
Ok tanx ma!! grin grin.......will go get ma dollar master card straight away!!grin grin....i have one buh na inside dream i dy use am grin grin....tanx again madam!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2013
greatheights:

Nice1zn misef tap blessing o.
Bros u gas register b4 joining d tapping crew oo grin grin....u don submit ya visa ....anyway congrat on ya trv in advance grin grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2013
ChriGo: Bros u gas register b4 joining d tapping crew oo grin grin....u don submit ya visa ....anyway congrat on ya trv in advance grin grin.....

Ahh!! Leme register straight off, grin wat2 mk d paymnt b4 I submit d visa n dat shd b on wed. Then hw long does it tk d sch to confirm d paymnt sef Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2013
dollypounds: Gud evenin am a nu member in dis forum, I got admission into centennial college. And I av bin call for medical. Pls wat next and aw many wiks for visa to b out

Congrats.....I will also be heading to Centennial college college.....medical expectant....submitted may 28...,,Also tapped form your success....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2013
Any news from the medical hopefuls that said they would storm CDHC today
@clow n Kicon...dnt forget to update me with your submission date.
@ all winter applicants be mindful of the processing time because by september we will have precisely 4months to Winter resumption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.