Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586915 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
earthgreeners:
I got my passport at VFS today, had to wait till 3:00pm. No further instructions. wld be going for med tomorrow morning... Thanks to everyone .... Gat till 18th September to resume....

When did you receive Vfs mail? I was also there as at 3pm which means we must have seen eachother, abi na you be that chairman wey sit down with one chairlady.. Abeg inbox ur number

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
When did you submit and when did you do your medicals?
Never mind! Seen.

kjbobo: Just got a mail from CDHC. ..that they are yet to get my medicals. ..That it will take 3-4 wks to get to them!
This was in response to the mail I sent to them with respect to the resumption date-AUGUST 26TH.
I guess I still have more premiership games to watch in Nigeria!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
@Kjbobo I was not able to send you message pls send your number if you can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nuendo: Now it hink its time i comment on the chrigo issue.

1. i think u have been a very entertaining dude, i also appreciate you enlivening the house
2. This house wouldn't be lively without some jokes and chill pill statements / gala tins here and there

BUT

This forum is a very serious place where major issues are tackled by means of sharing information. What particularly attracted me to this forum besides just wanting to know about canadian visa is the maturity of the house . this is the basic difference between FACEBOOK , TWITTER and this forum.

Imagine after the long schedule of the day, someone opens this forum which he stopped the previous day at page 200 and all of a sudden he sees page 210. Now naturally, this would make him/her excited and make such a person want to go page by page in anticipation of good news, progress report or relevant information. Now imagine the disappointment (and sometimes irritation) to find out that page 200- 210 is 80% jokes and smileys or replies to "hating".......[b]THIS HAS BEEN THE CASE OF RECENT [/b]and if am not mistaken ,it discourages people who have serious info to participate because such info or questions get overshadowed by comedy.....

So my broda, i ave just 1 word : MODERATION .
Wish you success in your medicals.....
Safe man..

#Pls i didn't read through. I typed from the heart. Pardon if any errors.

alrite sir makes much sense .....luv ur wisdom....just trying 2 keep hope alive noni....no yawa...u've spoken like a king...dis is wat i really wana hear....am much relieve now...tanx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
smile13: I guess one might still need to. Don't forget the dollar mastercard you're talking about is denominated in US dollars and currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar. The same 'very bad' conversion rate will still be used. Also, the Naira mastercard also gets accepted in virtually any payment points displaying the mastercard logo, though I don't know about Canada but sure for some European countries. I'm at a loss as to how to get some cash with me to Canada pending when one will open a bank account .

With your debit/credit card, you can withdraw money from any ATM all over the world. No need to carry cash around.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
BizBloke:

Thanks for the info.

Please, since dollar cards are USD specific, how does it work with Canadian dollar (I think both are not same; correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks.

Yes Canadian dollar and US dollar are different. But you have d advantage with US dollar because it is an international currency accepted almost anywhere. Again the US dollars have a higher value than Canadian dollars. That means you won't notice the conversion rates much. The problem is not really with the conversion rates per say as you will be charged the current value of the currency you are withdrawing. The problem is with the bank charges and visa/MasterCard charge you incur as a result of using your card outside Nigeria (for naira MasterCard)or using your credit card outside the US( for visa credit card). By and large the charges are not that much. I think visa charges you less than 2% of the transaction worth. Which is not much if you come to think of it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yungsage100: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
kunle-akogun:

Very good point bro,where do I start researching..nt many pple on here r on d technical line

I hve had abt 2 years of part time appretinceship wiv my previous employer,so I want to further on it academically n improve on it

Do advise pls
Canada is one of the best countries to learn a trade such as plumbing, welding and so on.the job opportunities for tradesperson(journeyman) is ever increasing and the know-how and technology deployed is outstanding. The problem is trades/technical courses takes a long time to break into due to its practicality and for this reason int'l students are at a disadvantage. From the little research I have done the foreign students studying technical courses in canadian colleges came into canada through one of the workers skilled program (which is an option u can try) and they enroll into college to update their skills.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
Chatters:

Yes Canadian dollar and US dollar are different. But you have d advantage with US dollar because it is an international currency accepted almost anywhere. Again the US dollars have a higher value than Canadian dollars. That means you won't notice the conversion rates much. The problem is not really with the conversion rates per say as you will be charged the current value of the currency you are withdrawing. The problem is with the bank charges and visa/MasterCard charge you incur as a result of using your card outside Nigeria (for naira MasterCard)or using your credit card outside the US( for visa credit card). By and large the charges are not that much. I think visa charges you less than 2% of the transaction worth. Which is not much if you come to think of it.

Hey!! I disagree..0.01 na sumtin o. CAD get more weight.
The last time I checked, 1usd=0.99cad.
wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

You can't eat your cake and have it. You have to pay for services rendered. Abi you want make them do everything for you free? Whichever way you look at it. They re there to make moni nd not some charity org.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
yung_sage100:
Canada is one of the best countries to learn a trade such as plumbing, welding and so on.the job opportunities for tradesperson(journeyman) is ever increasing and the know-how and technology deployed is outstanding. The problem is trades/technical courses takes a long time to break into due to its practicality and for this reason int'l students are at a disadvantage. From the little research I have done the foreign students studying technical courses in canadian colleges came into canada through one of the workers skilled program (which is an option u can try) and they enroll into college to update their skills.
... U have a valid point but not necessarily correct about foreign Students studying technical courses are workers that came in through the skilled worker program.... I can tell u that we had one Nairalander last year that came in with a Student Visa to study Welding.... he is schooling in Ontario here but I cant remember the school... if I search my emails I may be able to pick him out.... if I do I will let u guys know...infact he got his visa with his sponsor's acct less than N3m... I was shocked....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

wink

no, USD get more weight. 1 US Dollar equals 1.03 Canadian Dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
PlayPays: @Kjbobo I was not able to send you message pls send your number if you can
No probs. ..I got your p.m o and I replied.
I have also sent you my email addy and number
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Chatters:

You can't eat your cake and have it. You have to pay for services rendered. Abi you want make them do everything for you free? Whichever way you look at it. They re there to make moni nd not some charity org.

Bros abeg no vex o, I dn't mean it that way o. N I tink we re here to learn.
Well, Am just trying to tell you that CAD has more value than USD. This is not about charges. It's d int'l conversion rate.

Abeg, am sorry, I won't make further corrections/comments on ur post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

Bros abeg no vex o, I dn't mean it that way o. N I tink we re here to learn.
Well, Am just trying to tell you that CAD has more value than USD. This is not about charges. It's d int'l conversion rate.

Abeg, am sorry, I won't make further corrections/comments on ur post.

Abeg no vex. Just trying to correct an impression. Sorry u got it all wrong. Anyway. Canadian dollar no get weight pass us dollar. Last time I checked 1 USD =1.03 CAD. Again, 1 USD = 159 naira. 1 CAD = 152naira. Use your online currency converter.

I no be your bros o! If you call me sis, I go accept.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
nas-jay:

no, USD get more weight. 1 US Dollar equals 1.03 Canadian Dollar

Kk bro, well conversions are not stable figures...just like I said. "The last time I checked"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Nuendo

For the record...I will like to clear the misconception I had..you were right on the "France story"..As I thought that they were saying samples were sent to France for interpretation(which I found difficult to believe). ...but what was being said was that results (e-medicals) were usually sent to France from all the approved clinics across the globe... That's the Central collation point then decentralized to respective embassies.
So you were correct.
For the records friends. .the next time you call clinic for your results and they tell you its been sent (they are saying sent to France not Embassy).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
kjbobo: @ Nuendo

For the record...I will like to clear the misconception I had..you were right on the "France story"..As I thought that they were saying samples were sent to France for interpretation(which I found difficult to believe). ...but what was being said was that results (e-medicals) were usually sent to France from all the approved clinics across the globe... That's the Central collation point then decentralized to respective embassies.
So you were correct.
For the records friends. .the next time you call clinic for your results and they tell you its been sent (they are saying sent to France not Embassy).

If I understand you well, Do you mean they send test results to france not samples for test?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Siga: ... U have a valid point but not necessarily correct about foreign Students studying technical courses are workers that came in through the skilled worker program.... I can tell u that we had one Nairalander last year that came in with a Student Visa to study Welding.... he is schooling in Ontario here but I cant remember the school... if I search my emails I may be able to pick him out.... if I do I will let u guys know...infact he got his visa with his sponsor's acct less than N3m... I was shocked....

Will appreciate it very much Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
dommakavelli:

If I understand you well, Do you mean they send test results to france not samples for test?
Yea...samples are interpreted in their respective countries and results sent. ..but the e-medical software is centralized for collation in France and sent to respective clinics.
In a nutshell, no hospital has a direct link with CDHC. .but with France. .then France (which I believe is a Med centre) has the direct access!
And as we have been able to observe, seems as if guys that went through the online route get notification in their account when their results are sent to the embassy(another positive for online) as we observed in Aduke02's case, she said she did medicals July 11 and got notification in her account on 25th that her meds has been sent (exactly two weeks).I stand to be corrected, dont think vfs route gives this notification!
Dommakavelli. .u clear now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
kjbobo:
Yea...samples are interpreted in their respective countries and results sent. ..but the e-medical software is centralized for collation in France and sent to respective clinics.
In a nutshell, no hospital has a direct link with CDHC. .but with France. .then France (which I believe is a Med centre) has the direct access!
And as we have been able to observe, seems as if guys that went through the online route get notification in their account when their results are sent to the embassy(another positive for online) as we observed in Aduke02's case, she said she did medicals July 11 and got notification in her account on 25th that her meds has been sent (exactly two weeks).I stand to be corrected, dont think vfs route gives this notification!
Dommakavelli. .u clear now?

Yea bro..tanx for d clarification
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sparta300(m): 12:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Huzzie: [b]TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
3. Adim02 PG Niagara College AUGUST 19 Paper route
4. Clow PG Humber August ? Paper route
5. Teexzle PG Lambton
6. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
7. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
8. Janut PG UoRegina
9. Humanshado PG UBC
10. Meyson UG UoRegina
11. Kicon PG centennial college
12. Teapea UG MUN
13. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
14. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
15. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
16. EMEKS86 UG UNB
17. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
18. Soweto ?
19. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
20. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
21. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
22. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
23. Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
24. Gdjay UG Brandon uni
25. Kunsoft PG Lambton/Fanshawe/Red river
26. Missbon PG Fanshawe College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]

27. Mike PG Humber
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2013
Chatters:

Thanks for the elaborate explanation. smiley

I understand better now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by djay1: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2013
bashtec9: Congrats please can i get a copy of lawyer letter of support for backing financial document @ akandebashir@gmail.com thanks

Thanks you all with contunious prayer and complete dependance Godalmighty wouldn't forsake your efforts as well. @ akande yea I would email you but I have to look 4 it cause the embassy kept the original copy but just be assured b4 d week runs out you would receive it @ siga am loyal and may God enlarge you more .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 1:24am On Aug 20, 2013
thank you for the clarification. lets keep the hope alive
kjbobo: @ Nuendo

So you were correct.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 3:45am On Aug 20, 2013
@nas-jay, @dommakavelli, @Chatters, you guys are all very correct. The USD/CAD pair is very close & very dynamic. It swings both ways within a 48hour period sometimes. You have to be both lucky and smart to take advantage of the prevailing rate.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:25am On Aug 20, 2013
PlayPays:

When did you receive Vfs mail? I was also there as at 3pm which means we must have seen eachother, abi na you be that chairman wey sit down with one chairlady.. Abeg inbox ur number
na me naw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonisvg(m): 6:59am On Aug 20, 2013
dommakavelli:

wink
i was just about to comment on her post on dis slight difference.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2013
[b]TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1.Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2.Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
3.Adim02 PG Niagara College AUGUST 19 Paper route
4.Clow PG Humber August ? Paper route
5.Teexzle PG Lambton
6.Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
7.Oreroyce UG UoRegina
8.Janut PG UoRegina
9.Humanshado PG UBC
10.Meyson UG UoRegina
11.Kicon PG centennial college
12.Teapea UG MUN
13.Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
14.Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
15.Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
16.EMEKS86 UG UNB
17.Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
18.Soweto ?
19.Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
20.seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
21.Addey101 UG Dalhousie
22.Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
23.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
24.Gdjay UG Brandon uni
25. Kunsoft PG Lambton/Fanshawe/Red river
26. Missbon PG Fanshawe College
27. Mike PG Humber College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldjnr: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2013
U dis early mo mo argument for god sake... Let's us all prayer for our medics instruct today. Abeg who get idea of wen cdhc operating time on Friday and do dey open Saturday? Abeg me neva c my main person here(chrigo) show face Jor grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by prixly: 7:43am On Aug 20, 2013
@Chrigo tanx u've really bin helpful sir....i av bin able to go through all the website you gave me and the flight talk links on this forum thanks would be glad to see you in canada.God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olacan: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks @chrigo..although the pages of this part 4 are to much i will still go through it...you have really simplified everything for me..would let the house know by next week wen i submit my application.Thanks alot.God will surely bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.