Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (602994 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 1:00am On Apr 06, 2013
onuawuchi: Must I get a police report to accompany my application? If the report comes from my state police head office instead of the CID headquarters, will that be a problem.

Get your police clearance certificate from CID hqtrs Alagbon. Must u get it? HELL YES
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GuudGod: 3:16am On Apr 06, 2013
hello my fellow good people..God is ur strength, these month will bring Trv and medical call ups.. we are expecting you guys in thses stubborn cold country, wey winter dey follow spring drag race..lol one love.. God is Good..all the time..

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:25am On Apr 06, 2013
freshdude:
good to hear someone is trying that route...when filling the forms required for the visa application. which of these forms are u supposed to fill. application for temporal resident visa, or application for study permit made outside of canada. or both.?

It is the application for temporary resident visa however, the good part of the online application is that you would need to answer some questions with which the platform gives you the forms to fill and other documents to attach. That way, I feel each individual would need to submit different documentations based on how the person is assessed by the platform.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pinkiecindy(f): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't think there is any problem with it however, your choice of application depends on you and the level of risk you are willing to take. I think people are sceptical and are not willing to be the first to try it. Since your school suggested it, I would advise you follow the online application and besides, it is way easier I think. My reason is because there is a preassessment where you are asked some basic questions with which they reach a conclusion if you are qualified to apply for the trv/study permit. If you scale through this step, they list the forms you need to fill and the documents you need to upload which makes it better for you as you don't have to be scared of documents that you have omitted as each individual case is treated separately which implies your documentation would differ from mine.
Lastly, do not click on the make payment option outside the online application itself because I have a friend in Nigeria that did that and now he is having challenges as he cannot go on with his application. Once you have completed all that is required on the website, it takes you to the payment page where you make your payment and complete your transaction.
Above all, I wish you success in your visa application process.

Thank you. But do u know how long it takes for them to give u a response? So atleast I knw if I can reapply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 8:03am On Apr 06, 2013
Etinosajay:

Get your police clearance certificate from CID hqtrs Alagbon. Must u get it? HELL YES
Please how much is it now? I'm only thinking its not fare for those of us who are not resident in Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iykedancastro(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2013
Baba siga n d other gurus in d house pls considering d tym it teks for cdHC to process tRV,pls wen is d best tym for 1 to start applying for for admission against may or Sept start date am a Corp member ll b tru by Feb 2014 n wuld want 2 do ma msc in mechanical engr. Jst wanna start d process n gathering ma documents early enuf!! n is dia any benefit Sept start date has over may start date!! Fnx in anticipation!! MuCh LUV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pinkiecindy(f): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
onuawuchi: Please how much is it now? I'm only thinking its not fare for those of us who are not resident in Lagos.

I used 5k to get mine yesterday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sonet: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
onuawuchi: Please how much is it now? I'm only thinking its not fare for those of us who are not resident in Lagos.
if care is nt takn u can pay more than 5k but if kn ur way u can les than 5k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by d2ddayo(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
hello people, pls i want to know if this is ever possible. i want my uncle to stand in as my sponsor, only that he is going to use his company as sponsor. since i cant use him as a personal sponsor due to the name difference, he suggested that i will stand as an employee at his company and he will provide every documents needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
pls to all pple that have previously applied, do CDHC misplaces documents submmitted? i wanna apply next week and someone is telling me to make a photocopy of all the docs i am planning to submit. and im thinkin the docs are too much to make a photocopy. i just wanna know if anybody has ever xperienced lost documents after application review from docs sunmited through VAC.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
rockar: pls to all pple that have previously applied, do CDHC misplaces documents submmitted? i wanna apply next week and someone is telling me to make a photocopy of all the docs i am planning to submit. and im thinkin the docs are too much to make a photocopy. i just wanna know if anybody has ever xperienced lost documents after application review from docs sunmited through VAC.......
so far on this thread from part 1-4, no case of any...Actually you need to submit photocopies as well,so it would be better to make 2copies each of your docx; 1 copy for you and 1 for CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Huzzie:
so far on this thread from part 1-4, no case of any...Actually you need to submit photocopies as well,so it would be better to make 2copies each of your docx; 1 copy for you and 1 for CDHC.

ok, thanks hussie, there is no need to make photocopies for myself then. i will only do the photocopies of the important ones. thanks...was kinda scared, cos if my school cert shuld gt lost, im done for be that....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deaero: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=]

plz help...wil b applying for MA in economics at MUN. wil like to know if school session starts only in september... [/quote]baba different department has diff start date...check for ur department economics for their start date under masters. Mun.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
What is the difference between temporary residence visa and study permit? I hear people mention TRV when they are talking about student visa. So I want to know if its an accompanying application for study permit, or is it a different app designed for another set of immigrants?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Where is Earthgreeners?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
d2ddayo: hello people, pls i want to know if this is ever possible. i want my uncle to stand in as my sponsor, only that he is going to use his company as sponsor. since i cant use him as a personal sponsor due to the name difference, he suggested that i will stand as an employee at his company and he will provide every documents needed.

if u stand as his employee then who sponsors.. the company?
its possible, but i think the paper work will be more and of cos the company has to be really loaded to sponsor just any employee..
but i think what could make that plausible is you still provide evidence that he is ur uncle, and he owns the company you are working for.. that way he isnt just sponsoring any employee..
you will need to provide letters from the company (HR) that the company is sponsoring ur runs, and another from ur uncles indicating the relationship between you and why he is sponsoring u.. if the course u r going for is related to d company in any way, he could also indicate in that letter that he wants u to get good at whatever it is u on so u can come back and do stuff for him.. stuff like dt.. dt way u would have sorted out sponsorship and the coming back thing.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
rockar:

ok, thanks hussie, there is no need to make photocopies for myself then. i will only do the photocopies of the important ones. thanks...was kinda scared, cos if my school cert shuld gt lost, im done for be that....lol

its a good idea to have all ur important documents scanned and always available tho (dropbox, google drive, etc).. that way u dont have to make copies when u dont prolly need it.. u can always print on demand

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
onuawuchi: What is the difference between temporary residence visa and study permit? I hear people mention TRV when they are talking about student visa. So I want to know if its an accompanying application for study permit, or is it a different app designed for another set of immigrants?

study permit it a type of trv.. as is visitors permit.. only indicates ur stay is for some time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
onuawuchi: What is the difference between temporary residence visa and study permit? I hear people mention TRV when they are talking about student visa. So I want to know if its an accompanying application for study permit, or is it a different app designed for another set of immigrants?

Guy really?!! smiley anyway a study permit is required for any kind of study in Canada by non citizens and TRV is required for any study that exceeds six months alongside yo study permit of course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
IMO,"Temporary residence visa" is the stamp you get on your passport and that gives you permission to stay in Canada temporarily.
"Study Permit" is a page document that is attached with your passport and that gives you permission to enter Canada;i think this is collected at the point of entry.
Those that already have d TRV or peeps in Canada can give better explanation.cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
pinkiecindy:

Thank you. But do u know how long it takes for them to give u a response? So atleast I knw if I can reapply?

I don't think the processing time is going to be long however, upon submission, you get an email notifying you that your application has been recieved and would be reviewed by a Visa Officer. You would be contacted should we need more information regarding your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
My Int'l pspt expires in Jan 2014 while my fall programs ends by 2015. Do I need to get a new passport considering the embassy's rule on passport validity period covering the program duration. Is that enough to deny visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Oluwaseun929(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
Wanna ask,,, why do u think self sponsors rarely get successful? What if there is more than enough money in the account.
mozo:

lol.. Just joking, but God dey sha. Anyone submitting as a self sponsor should ensure they have enough money in their account or back it up with a co sponsor. Heard of a self sponsor that wasn't so lucky today. Its very rare to find successful self sponsors
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:08am On Apr 07, 2013
dommakavelli: Where is Earthgreeners?

YES BOSS!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 1:12am On Apr 07, 2013
Ok thanks..Wat ur program n duratn
odeku55:
Paid slightly over 3000 USD ..dey gave my 3yrs multiple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by odeku55(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2013
teexzle: Ok thanks..Wat ur program n duratn
Going for MBA and its 20 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efewhoa: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2013
Happy Sunday house! Has anyone submitted a bank draft that did not have the "payable in lagos" part printed on it? And did the embassy accept it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rockar: 8:12am On Apr 07, 2013
ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2013
rockar:

do they.have to write payable in lagos on a draft? lol...u can collect ur bank draft in anystate, and it will be paid in lagos....we r in 2013 for God sakes....i hop im not mistaken
You can do ur bankdraft any were...but it must be made payable to Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blink6(m): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2013
earthgreeners:

YES BOSS!!
Oga drop Me ur digit again, I nid col ya asap.
Pm me here or on 2go... Tnxy!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2013
Oluwaseun929: Wanna ask,,, why do u think self sponsors rarely get successful? What if there is more than enough money in the account.

No shaking bros, Like you said, as Long as you have Enough money in your account not just sufficient.. So they won't expect some other source of income to sustain you while you are there.. Please note, Just my thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.