Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,242 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (592721 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
house, my dads personal account dont have much inflow and outflow of funds. most of his transactions are done wit his company account, i want him to use his personal account, but i dont want him to lodge money in his personal account just for visa purpose. he is suggesting i use his company account as is one signatory, and my name is listed as a major shareholder. The company has 3 shareholders that funded it in the beginning. him wit 50% me and my mum wit 25% each. kinda perplexed. undecided undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
teexzle: Yh it is..what fascinated me was d fact that everythn is online and they r still acceptn app 4 fall 2013, my course MBE, how long did it take them to tell u abt ur admision status and can I submit scanned photocopy of my transcript..
It took them about 2months to make a decision,I want to believe you can send scanned copy too in your faculty...can't say if they would accept a scanned photocopy,I guess they should,but they would still request for the Original transcript when you have gotten your Visa b4 arrival.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by maxwilson: 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
hi guyz, its my first time writing anything but i've been following the thread and it has helped me alot, i've been given admission to niagara and i wanna submit my documents nextweek for september start date. i need help as regards filling the study permit questionnaire, because i studied computer science here in naija BSC and i got admission for HRM in niagara so pls help me guyz how do i answer the questions, why did you select your proposed program? how does your selected program differ from programs in Nigeria?
Kindly assist...no sarcasm pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
Odinwa: Pls I need help here, who have applied for algonquin college before? I can't find a room for paying my application fee on their website and the bank said I cannot pay without having a domiciliary account which I don't have. Please who can help me out here. Am getting confused. Pls help!
Pls someone should answer me!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
Thanks Huzzie..that's no p..I will get anoda original transcript b4 I travel..2months ke..wen I wan submit 4 TRV, I might likely v to defer then, bt d main tin is to get d admision, I have anoda issue pls, I am nt seeing whr to feel details of my refrences..shd I click submit all or wat??
Also kindly respond to my last post on page 34
Huzzie:
It took them about 2months to make a decision,I want to believe you can send scanned copy too in your faculty...can't say if they would accept a scanned photocopy,I guess they should,but they would still request for the Original transcript when you have gotten your Visa b4 arrival.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2013
teexzle: The person advise was to wrte afta submittn my app, bt I fink I want to wrte and include in my app
so how do you intend writing this. Is it going to be in form of application or an appendages to your pspt. I will really love to get an idea of what to write. Or the gurus in the house can help us out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
maxwilson: hi guyz, its my first time writing anything but i've been following the thread and it has helped me alot, i've been given admission to niagara and i wanna submit my documents nextweek for september start date. i need help as regards filling the study permit questionnaire, because i studied computer science here in naija BSC and i got admission for HRM in niagara so pls help me guyz how do i answer the questions, why did you select your proposed program? how does your selected program differ from programs in Nigeria?

To be honest bro, only you can answer the question on why you selected your program of study cause you must have a reason why you are changed to HRM.

Hence, the reason why you changed to hrm should be the reason why you selected the proposed program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ Siga
thiS admision requeiment is not undastanding me o. i have Neco resut and mechanical cerficate from Obi Honda mechancal enginer .can i using both cerficate. pls helped me to reading it i want to know.

Mechanical Technician - Precision Skills (Co-op)
Program Outline 2013-2014
Admission Requirements

Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U); plus any Grade 11* or 12 College level Mathematics (MBF3C, MAP4C or MCT4C) or 11* or 12 University level Mathematics (MCF3M, MCV4U, MHF4U, MCB4U, MGA4U or MDM4U). (*Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics MBF3C or MCF3M). Also recommended: Grade 11 or Grade 12 Technological Design (TDJ3M, TDJ4M); Grade 11 or Grade 12 Manufacturing Engineering Technology (TMJ3C and/or TMJ4C).
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with: Communications; Business, Apprentice or Technical Mathematics
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- Mature applicant with standing in the required courses and/or mature student testing that meets the minimum standards for admission

Applicants who are 19 years of age or over by the first day of classes, and who lack the academic entrance qualifications, may be considered for entrance to an appropriate post-secondary diploma or certificate program as mature applicants. Each applicant will be considered on an individual basis and acceptance will be determined by counseling, Communication Placement Assessment (CPA), previous post-secondary education and evaluation of experience. Some programs also have specific prerequisite requirements that must be met prior to admission. Mature applicants must meet all program specific prerequisites. Those applying as mature students and having no documentation of Grade 12 education must supply, if required, proof of age, such as a copy of an official birth certificate or driver's licence. Refer to Section 2.5 and 2.6 of the Academic Calendar for further details.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
i knwo others peoples will not answering me is only you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
maxwilson: hi guyz, its my first time writing anything but i've been following the thread and it has helped me alot, i've been given admission to niagara and i wanna submit my documents nextweek for september start date. i need help as regards filling the study permit questionnaire, because i studied computer science here in naija BSC and i got admission for HRM in niagara so pls help me guyz how do i answer the questions, why did you select your proposed program? how does your selected program differ from programs in Nigeria?

No one can answer those questions for you however, I would advise you answer it in relation to your goals and aspirations and regarding the 2nd one, talk about the exposure and how it would help you particularly in your field where you would have to do onboarding and how it would help you understand better each individual irrespective of where they studied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
teexzle: Hello aus, I need clarity on what my 1 year tuition will b..the program structure is:
Fall term:taking courses
Winter Term: taking courses
Spring term: coop program
Fall term: coop program
Winter term: essay research

The per term fee is 5916cad, 1 year tuition = 3terms..
Will I b paying 5916*3 or 5916*2(since d during d 3rd term I will b doin my coop program)
Thanks..
It should be clearly stated in your programme fee page...in my case, my co-op programme is $1400cd and I can choose whether I want it or not.Moreover,it wasn't included in my admission letter as part of my fee.
On the reference details, I can't really recollect how I did it, all I can remember is that I filled in their details and the reference form was sent to their email, and I got to know when they received the mail and when they submitted through my student portal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by maxwilson: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
huh? realy?! anyone helpful pls...
olawunmi_samuel:

To be honest bro, only you can answer the question on why you selected your program of study cause you must have a reason why you are changed to HRM.

Hence, the reason why you changed to hrm should be the reason why you selected the proposed program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
ok. Why did you choose the HRM course?
maxwilson: huh? realy?! anyone helpful pls...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
So it shd b 5916*2 + coop program fee then..I got d reference page alrady thanks..
Huzzie:
It should be clearly stated in your programme fee page...in my case, my co-op programme is $1400cd and I can choose whether I want it or not.Moreover,it wasn't included in my admission letter as part of my fee.
On the reference details, I can't really recollect how I did it, all I can remember is that I filled in their details and the reference form was sent to their email, and I got to know when they received the mail and when they submitted through my student portal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Akanmu2013: @ Siga
thiS admision requeiment is not undastanding me o. i have Neco resut and mechanical cerficate from Obi Honda mechancal enginer .can i using both cerficate. pls helped me to reading it i want to know.

Mechanical Technician - Precision Skills (Co-op)
Program Outline 2013-2014
Admission Requirements

Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U); plus any Grade 11* or 12 College level Mathematics (MBF3C, MAP4C or MCT4C) or 11* or 12 University level Mathematics (MCF3M, MCV4U, MHF4U, MCB4U, MGA4U or MDM4U). (*Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics MBF3C or MCF3M). Also recommended: Grade 11 or Grade 12 Technological Design (TDJ3M, TDJ4M); Grade 11 or Grade 12 Manufacturing Engineering Technology (TMJ3C and/or TMJ4C).
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with: Communications; Business, Apprentice or Technical Mathematics
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- Mature applicant with standing in the required courses and/or mature student testing that meets the minimum standards for admission

Applicants who are 19 years of age or over by the first day of classes, and who lack the academic entrance qualifications, may be considered for entrance to an appropriate post-secondary diploma or certificate program as mature applicants. Each applicant will be considered on an individual basis and acceptance will be determined by counseling, Communication Placement Assessment (CPA), previous post-secondary education and evaluation of experience. Some programs also have specific prerequisite requirements that must be met prior to admission. Mature applicants must meet all program specific prerequisites. Those applying as mature students and having no documentation of Grade 12 education must supply, if required, proof of age, such as a copy of an official birth certificate or driver's licence. Refer to Section 2.5 and 2.6 of the Academic Calendar for further details.

Akanmu2013 : just exercise a lil patience, Oga Siga will attend to ur question once he comes online...though each time I sight ur quote, I just start smiling...
I'll also advise you like someone has done earlier to think about writing a TOEFL exam to further boost ur chances of getting admission with a school in Canada.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
@Akanmu2013...Akanmu kanmu fun re....nice one...happy to see u dey do ur research....well...Do u have ur SSCE ....5 credits including Maths and English....if not are u over 19yrs? If Yes, u may be qualified as a matured student, but u go still need to demonstrate good command of English, not excellent but good...if not, there are ways around it...if the program coordinator feels ur skills and experience is good enough, he may consider u for the course...but once u get here, u will be asked to take a compulsory english class to ginger ur grammar small...so...there u go... Akanmu fun rare...lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
Oga siga,
thank you sir. my neco result has 5 credit plus math and eng. i doing it 2004. what one is TOEF exam . so i did that exam too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Akanmu2013: Oga siga,
thank you sir. my neco result has 5 credit plus math and eng. i doing it 2004. what one is TOEF exam . so i did that exam too?
....even though I am finding it hard to believe that u are for real and probably joking....I may be wrong...but I will play along...

U dont need TOEFL as Nigerian students are mostly exempted from English test....U dont need it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ siga,
thank you sir you a man of respected. i will always appreciate you. pls dont be discouraging about me i know i will make it leave others they want to correction me but i will in cannada before them. thank you sir again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
Siga: ....even though I am finding it hard to believe that u are for real and probably joking....I may be wrong...but I will play along...

U dont need TOEFL as Nigerian students are mostly exempted from English test....U dont need it...

Baba Siga, I concur with you but I doubt if the guy is joking ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dintexventures2(m): 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
please house i have a serious concern here,i want to attend a serious serminar in alberta canada by nxt year march 3rd.Its for only 3 days.I am an engr and my salary is above 250k but my company accepted to bear the financial responsibility of the conference.Pls house,what documents are we to start preparing.My company pays the tax and to be honest they have not given us a tax clearance certificate.i am married with 4 kids and my wife is working and earns above 180k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Akanmu2013: @ siga,
thank you sir you a man of respected. i will always appreciate you. pls dont be discouraging about me i know i will make it leave others they want to correction me but i will in cannada before them. thank you sir again.

@ akanmu...U fit get d admission wit your SSCE n birth certificate.
But make sure your birth certificate is from National population commission. (NPC)
Make photocopies of your neco result n the birth certificate, take them to court n certify dem. Don't send Originals to Canada º°˚
If you're real bro..i wish you all the best. YOU CAN DO IT. It's not by english but Destiny. Just try to polish your oyinbo small
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
@dommakavelli:
ok thank you. so i will not sending the originals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
Akanmu2013: @dommakavelli:
ok thank you. so i will not sending the originals.

Yes. Don't send originals. Make photocopies, take it to any high court, tell they u want to certify your documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
grin grin grin ..Just checked the Visa Processing Time for Study Permit in Nigeria and realised it is shorter now...from 19 weeks to 18 weeks ....at least is faster....lol grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
I had a little to do this morning and just checking and comparing Ghana to Naija in terms of visas; Study permit to be precise....check this two links below....this is pretty sad....No where for Ghana, CDHC dey ask for all family biodata or watever....nor asking for sponsor to list all him family members...everything is just so far apart....na wa ooo

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5483E.pdf
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng ....and its only 4weeks for the process

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf ... 18 weeks or longer sef

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Siga: I had a little to do this morning and just checking and comparing Ghana to Naija in terms of visas; Study permit to be precise....check this two links below....this is pretty sad....No where for Ghana, CDHC dey ask for all family biodata or watever....nor asking for sponsor to list all him family members...everything is just so far apart....na wa ooo

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/53_1.aspx?lang=eng ....and its only 4weeks for the process

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf ... 18 weeks or longer sef
I said something similar last week,but @GboyegaD...got me wrong and was talking about policies

Huzzie:
Srzly I dnt blame the CDHC for this adventure they put us through in our plight to migrate to Canada,I blame YOU and ME. A friend I made on my school's facebook page who is a Ghanaina got his TRV since Mar 26 and I am still here waiting for medical call.The day I told this guy about our processing time, he thought I was joking and just couldn't hide his feelings to the torture we pass through. He b lyk say na only me dey wait 4 Medicals wiv May start date, No yawa sha...I don go store CHILL PILL ooo,I cannot come and kill myself oooo. cool grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
Siga: I had a little to do this morning and just checking and comparing Ghana to Naija in terms of visas; Study permit to be precise....check this two links below....this is pretty sad....No where for Ghana, CDHC dey ask for all family biodata or watever....nor asking for sponsor to list all him family members...everything is just so far apart....na wa ooo

I said something similar last week,but @GboyegaD...got me wrong and was talking about policies

Huzzie:
Srzly I dnt blame the CDHC for this adventure they put us through in our plight to migrate to Canada,I blame YOU and ME. A friend I made on my school's facebook page who is a Ghanaina got his TRV since Mar 26 and I am still here waiting for medical call.The day I told this guy about our processing time, he thought I was joking and just couldn't hide his feelings to the torture we pass through. He b lyk say na only me dey wait 4 Medicals wiv May start date, No yawa sha...I don go store CHILL PILL ooo,I cannot come and kill myself oooo. cool grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
Which kain f**king policy....na policy dey make dem ask Nigerians for family tree and nothing about that from Ghanians? F that sh#t....pissed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2013
Siga: Which kain f**king policy....na policy dey make dem ask Nigerians for family tree and nothing about that from Ghanians? F that sh#t....pissed
Oga Siga ...Its really annoying but wetin man wan do, my docx has been wiv CDHC for 11weeks now yet no response and my resumption date is 6th of May.If I miss this date,omo mehn na till next year be that ooooo because no multiple start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
Odinwa: Pls I need help here, who have applied for algonquin college before? I can't find a room for paying my application fee on their website and the bank said I cannot pay without having a domiciliary account which I don't have. Please who can help me out here. Am getting confused. Pls help!
Please someone should answer me abeg!!! I need a solution to this problem! Or should I open a domiciliary account? If yes, which bank is suitable for it? Please help me out guys!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
Huzzie:
Oga Siga ...Its really annoying but wetin man wan do, my docx has been wiv CDHC for 11weeks now yet no response and my resumption date is 6th of May.If I miss this date,omo mehn na till next year be that ooooo because no multiple start date.

If fact my guy, my own program also has just one resumption date, i got my admission since last year around May, but the Fear of Cdhc delay made me just postpone till this year.. What makes the situation even worse is that our government no fit do anything to reduce the processing time at least.Its just pathetic

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.