Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589566 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:32pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: ....Bro...docs need to be verified...banks need to be called...all these take time....if u apply here or any trusted country...no one calls any bank...I remembered when I applied for US visa when I was on work permit (after study)...no one called any bank...even when I sent an invitation for someone in Naija....no one called my bank here nor my broker...so...believe it or not...Canada no trust Naija documents...plus..our boys go come here dey do fraud and mess up all our reputation....

Honestly, the Nigerians that go out and drag our country's name into the mud are part of the whole problem. that being said, our presido who gives amnesty to an international fugitive and corrupt ex gov who happens to be his godfather isn't helping us at all. The world is smaller now. The rest of the world is well informed on what is happening here, the same way we watch them too.

Its really sad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2013
hi guys, somebody please advise if it is absolutely necessary to make tuition payment before applying for the study visa?

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mamagbaba: 4:38pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: ..Bro...leave that pls and dont let wrong info scatter ur plans....we have alot of guys here that didnt use any blood related sponsor..I didnt...

Thanks Siga...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:38pm On May 02, 2013
I currently came across a paypal customer forum titled NIGERIAN SCAM MAILS. this was a thread dedicated to informing users of paypal of scam mails for NIGERIA. Guess how many replies i saw there? 4900+ with different poeple posting various examples of mails from Nigeria. On there i saw several Nigerian addresses and names which really made me feel bad. Imagine the negative publicity we are getting at the moment as a result of that..

Unlike the 90's, the world is different now. A single thread/ headline / news is propagated almost 1000x faster than before with far more wider reach. Even those in eastern europe have access to such bad publicity.

#sad

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-board%3AFPS&q=nigerian
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On May 02, 2013
Nuendo:

Honestly, the Nigerians that go out and drag our country's name into the mud are part of the whole problem. that being said, our presido who gives amnesty to an international fugitive and corrupt ex gov who happens to be his godfather isn't helping us at all. The world is smaller now. The rest of the world is well informed on what is happening here, the same way we watch them too.

Its really sad.

These are some of the reasons why it is hard for lots of our people to get visa . . . Cos which country in the right senses will wanna give visa to nationals that they would have to teach how to speak and write english?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: ....Bro...do u know how many chinese and Indians apply a year...omg...they are alot...Naija no near the number at all...trust me...the main issue is TRUST....just check the various checklists of each countries...there goes ur answer...even for here...anywhere dem hear Naija...they are already second guessing u...until u prove urself...I went through this bro

E go better. Make we sef try to dey change things right from the election. We should vote wisely and for credibility knowing that it is the bedrock of the change we desire. What company do you suggest I use for ground shipping my books?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:54pm On May 02, 2013
GboyegaD:

E go better. Make we sef try to dey change things right from the election. We should vote wisely and for credibility knowing that it is the bedrock of the change we desire. What company do you suggest I use for ground shipping my books?
....It will...thats why anyone I come across in Canada, I always ensure to make good impression...to the point one silly oyinbo told me he couldnt believe I am a Nigerian...imagine...a friend of mine that works as one of the Investments Managers of a billionaire for Canada had to prove himself and the man called him...telling him he took a gamble about him, people warned him not to hire him...but he took his friends advise (the guy who referred my friend) and never regretted it....that he is a different Nigerian...so...if we all can do our part...bit by bit...they will know every country has good and bad people....its not a Nigerian thing.....

As per ur books....from Yankee right?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:55pm On May 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

These are some of the reasons why it is hard for lots of our people to get visa . . . Cos which country in the right senses will wanna give visa to nationals that they would have to teach how to speak and write english?

hope this isn't some sort of sarcasm ........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:59pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: ....It will...thats why anyone I come across in Canada, I always ensure to make good impression...to the point one silly oyinbo told me he couldnt believe I am a Nigerian...imagine...a friend of mine that works as one of the Investments Managers of a billionaire for Canada had to prove himself and the man called him...telling him he took a gamble about him, people warned him not to hire him...but he took his friends advise (the guy who referred my friend) and never regretted it....that he is a different Nigerian...so...if we all can do our part...bit by bit...they will know every country has good and bad people....its not a Nigerian thing....

Honestly i kinda hope i would have the opportunity to change the bad impression on a larger scale. Cannot imagine someone being prejudicial to me just because i am Nigerian.....unfortunately it is virtually inevitable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On May 02, 2013
Nuendo:

hope this isn't some sort of sarcasm ........

San commante . . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:11pm On May 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

San commante . . . tongue

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if you come out clear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On May 02, 2013
Nuendo:

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if you come out clear.

Haaaaaaaaaa . . . Chairman, i remain loyal to you and the rest of the forumites
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:16pm On May 02, 2013
na you sabi oh........1luv
Fhemmmy:

Haaaaaaaaaa . . . Chairman, i remain loyal to you and the rest of the forumites
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On May 02, 2013
Nuendo: I currently came across a paypal customer forum titled NIGERIAN SCAM MAILS. this was a thread dedicated to informing users of paypal of scam mails for NIGERIA. Guess how many replies i saw there? 4900+ with different poeple posting various examples of mails from Nigeria. On there i saw several Nigerian addresses and names which really made me feel bad. Imagine the negative publicity we are getting at the moment as a result of that..

Unlike the 90's, the world is different now. A single thread/ headline / news is propagated almost 1000x faster than before with far more wider reach. Even those in eastern europe have access to such bad publicity.

#sad

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-board%3AFPS&q=nigerian

Unfortunately, if you register an account on PayPal, in the nationality column, Nigeria is omitted. We keep giving ourselves bad reputation day in day out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: ....It will...thats why anyone I come across in Canada, I always ensure to make good impression...to the point one silly oyinbo told me he couldnt believe I am a Nigerian...imagine...a friend of mine that works as one of the Investments Managers of a billionaire for Canada had to prove himself and the man called him...telling him he took a gamble about him, people warned him not to hire him...but he took his friends advise (the guy who referred my friend) and never regretted it....that he is a different Nigerian...so...if we all can do our part...bit by bit...they will know every country has good and bad people....its not a Nigerian thing.....

As per ur books....from Yankee right?

Yes please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2013
hi guys, somebody please advise if it is absolutely necessary to make tuition payment before applying for the study visa?

Please guys respond and if you have a sample of Family Tree you used pls mail it through me at eagleyerola@yahoo.com

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:51pm On May 02, 2013
GboyegaD:

Yes please.
...U can take it to GReyhound....they do that I believe....u can also ask them about home delivery...I believe u pay extra for that or they get a taxi driver to deliver and u pay on delivery ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by donteejay: 5:55pm On May 02, 2013
Hello Nlanders, i also have been following this thread since part 1 and its really been enlightening and helpful.

I just got my admission to SAIT on Monday for a September admission and i intend to submit the application for Study Permit and TRV before the later in the month ( time ;ax being to collate and collect all required docs)

Will this be too late for the September admission or im good to go?

Also i intend to Self Sponsor and also have a co-sponsor. (Please advice)

Thank you as you revert.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:22pm On May 02, 2013
GOOD NEWS!!! ... One of our brothers ...username "charles4all" , got his visa today....he is a quiet member but has been in constant communication with me....it took 7months in all...so..congrats to him....I hope to see him in a week...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: GOOD NEWS!!! ... One of our brothers ...username "charles4all" , got his visa today....he is a quiet member but has been in constant communication with me....it took 7months in all...so..congrats to him....I hope to see him in a week...

7 months ke, kilode. Can he please share why he thinks it took that long. Did the embassy request more information, document or verification from him?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:59pm On May 02, 2013
dotman:

7 months ke, kilode. Can he please share why he thinks it took that long. Did the embassy request more information, document or verification from him?
...he was asked to pay tuition and board....well he waited for receipts and there was dead silence for 2months....several mails sent to ask of status...then embassy visit did it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2013
@xtus, vooz, luckydon, teexzle, freshdude and all Fall 2013 applicants...where @ thou?...
Whatz up with admission et study permit application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 7:08pm On May 02, 2013
Siga: GOOD NEWS!!! ... One of our brothers ...username "charles4all" , got his visa today....he is a quiet member but has been in constant communication with me....it took 7months in all...so..congrats to him....I hope to see him in a week...
charles4all: hey bro just bare in mind that,the most hated child in a family usually becomes the BEST. . .ask Bill Gates,Dr.Orji uzor Kalu(fr.Gov.Abia state),Tonto Dike,Zinedine Zidane,Charley boy,Yul edochie,Undertaker,Michael Jackson,2pac,Genevieve Nnaji, etc & ofcus Me cheesy am in the same shoes with u bro,de only difference is that my popsis name is innocent,all u hav 2do is hold on to Baba God very tight & dnt ever depend on ur father's property to survive,prove 2him that u can still make it without his support & care.4get bout de past & move on wit ur normal life with serious prayers.my father even swore to me that i wil neva go to Uni in his house,that even if i eventually gain admission that his one naira wont enter my studies! but here i am in Canada studying & smiling,its the Lord's doing. . .the last time i checkd, God is still alive & compassionate.remember what the Psalmist said in Psalm 27:10.& stick to God,He will definetly see ur through smiley
How can he claim to b in canada studyn wen he just got his visa 2day??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 7:09pm On May 02, 2013
Still on the matter, doubt if am goin in anymore..
earthgreeners: @xtus, vooz, luckydon, teexzle, freshdude and all Fall 2013 applicants...where @ thou?...
Whatz up with admission et study permit application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:13pm On May 02, 2013
teexzle:

How can he claim to b in canada studyn wen he just got his visa 2day??
oops....oh wow....well I guess he was been prophetic....believe me...he made few trips to Lagos ...I was kept in the loop since January....I gat the mails...so..im confused....I will ask him about this post...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 7:15pm On May 02, 2013
Ok boss!!! I believe u
Siga: oops....oh wow....well I guess he was been prophetic....believe me...he made few trips to Lagos ...I was kept in the loop since January....I gat the mails...so..im confused....I will ask him about this post...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:17pm On May 02, 2013
teexzle: Ok boss!!! I believe u
...Just mailed him and I will let the house know wat he says....I'm not happy with it at all...but will wait for him to explain...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:20pm On May 02, 2013
Nuendo:

USA population = 300m : 3weeks
India =600m :6 weeks
China =1b :4 weeks
Nigeria = 150m : 18 weeks

Corruption is the answer.

India is 1.2bn
Chins is 1.6bn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 8:30pm On May 02, 2013
@2-chains et al:I tried to use my visacard to pay for my online application but the payment was refused.kindly tell me what bank's card you used and how u made ur payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:40pm On May 02, 2013
coldgate: @2-chains et al:I tried to use my visacard to pay for my online application but the payment was refused.kindly tell me what bank's card you used and how u made ur payment.

Used a card for a foreign account. Although it wuz visa sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2013
Two chains! Four bracelets. Let me see dat %#*+#**#*# Standing ovation.

Abeg no block me oh! I've always wanted to say that. Canada Canada Canada!
Shet I dey crase. Nah the visa wait dey cause am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 8:43pm On May 02, 2013
Ok. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.