Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586879 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2013
GboyegaD: Just got back my passport with my student visa. It was a seamless process and everything took 23days from start to finish. Though I applied from outside Nigeria.
Congrats Chief...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hydiciousb: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2013
GboyegaD: Just got back my passport with my student visa. It was a seamless process and everything took 23days from start to finish. Though I applied from outside Nigeria.
happy for you' but i was told one cant apply from outside naija...that i will need to go back to my country to apply...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2013
emmausa: Pls @ chain, @ siga......whn one applied throu online appl, is the documents going to CIC in lagos or the main immigration in canada i.e the VO itself.........thanks for ur respond!
Why is it dat nobody wants to answer me, is it because my question is senseless or wat? Abeg help ur brothers na
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Ceejay2: 10:41am On Apr 30, 2013
emmausa:
Why is it dat nobody wants to answer me, is it because my question is senseless or wat? Abeg help ur brothers na

Bros u sef hear ur sef na.
Since u r applyin from Nigeria ur app goes to CIC Nigeria not Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2013
teexzle: U didn't submit ur own statement of account...

I never had to since I got full funding from the university for the duration of my program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2013
hydiciousb:
happy for you' but i was told one cant apply from outside naija...that i will need to go back to my country to apply...

I don't think that is true. I would suggest you fill the questionnaire on www.cic.gc.ca and the outcome should be your determining factor whether or not you want to use the paper or online application.
Besides, someone on this forum got his from Ukraine. All I will advice is that you write a detailed letter of interest that isn't verbose stating your objectives, the steps taken so far and why you think your next move of Canada is your best bet towards achieving your dream.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2013
emmausa:

Your question isn't explicit enough but I would respond based on my understanding and experience. When you apply, all that is required is that you attach the documents required from your checklist generates by the site to the online platform. However, you could add some other relevant documents but be guided that the questionnaire is there to ensure you do not miss the important thing and also, so that you do not bother the VO with too much burden.
Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will be notified via email and then asked for your documents. You will send it to the visa center responsible for processing/printing visa for Nigerians.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nuendo: Good day guys,
Please one question;

THE FAMILY MEMBERS AND SPONSOR'S BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND REQUIRED ARE TO BE ORIGINAL OR PHOTOCOPY??

URGENT REPLY PLS?
if you can grab your hands on the originals fine,if not photocopy should be ok,but yours should be original.i submitted 2 originals and 3 photocopies and it was fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by haywhy0007(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hello everyone ..I am new here and I would like to be part of this thread..I can see you guyz congratulating each other about getting TRV, CDHC AND CIC... if I may ask what is TRV, CDHC AND CIC all about I am also interested in going to Canada to study and work if i have the opportunity..Just don't wanna fall to the wrong hands like my friend did and he was scammed (about 420k)..money is not really a problem as my parent are ready to sponsor me. please somebody should enlighten me on this...?

i know this question may sound cliché so insult is allowed abeg help ya broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
haywhy0007: Hello everyone ..I am new here and I would like to be part of this thread..I can see you guyz congratulating each other about getting TRV, CDHC AND CIC... if I may ask what is TRV, CDHC AND CIC all about I am also interested in going to Canada to study and work if i have the opportunity..Just don't wanna fall to the wrong hands like my friend did and he was scammed (about 420k)..money is not really a problem as my parent are ready to sponsor me. please somebody should enlighten me on this...?

Wlc on board, u cud look dose abbreviations on google.
@GboyegaD...congrat on ur TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blaze007(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
henhen. i jst dey fill my own form. but y d processing fee come bee 550 dolls na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kumulus(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
@All do I have to complete my application to the school before I use the CIC's website....or otherwise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
haywhy0007: Hello everyone ..I am new here and I would like to be part of this thread..I can see you guyz congratulating each other about getting TRV, CDHC AND CIC... if I may ask what is TRV, CDHC AND CIC all about I am also interested in going to Canada to study and work if i have the opportunity..Just don't wanna fall to the wrong hands like my friend did and he was scammed (about 420k)..money is not really a problem as my parent are ready to sponsor me. please somebody should enlighten me on this...?

TRV - Temporary Resident Visa
CDHC - Canadian Deputy High Commision
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada

If you are on blackberry u can also join our mini group for real time update. We are always welcome to assist u all through the way. Remember don't pay money to no one.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
I should just leave my CIC login account. And check bck maybe in one months time. Cuz anxiety is making me check twice a day and this is just day 3.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
darellone:
As an International student, which semester should I apply for as my friend told me that Nigerians can only apply for September semester.

January semester
Application deadline: October 15

May semester
Application deadline: February 15

September semester
Application deadline: May 31

I'm planning to apply for Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Finance (Thompson Rivers University)

Bros u can apply for any semester. Sept is pretty late now, so start working towards Jan semester
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
2-chains:
I should just leave my CIC login account. And check bck maybe in one months time. Cuz anxiety is making me check twice a day and this is just day 3.

You will be notified once a decision is made however, you could just check once in a while. I know how it feels and the anxiety but all I can say is that it is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
please can 1 send transcript directly to cdhc or must it come staright from the sch. Urgent pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
sampitts: please can 1 send transcript directly to cdhc or must it come staright from the sch. Urgent pls

Your school can't send transcript direct to cdhc, reason is

1)How can the embassy locate ur file when ur file number is not written on the transcript.

2) Nobody VO will start tracing ur file just to add ur transcript to it.

So, find a way to collect ur transcript and attached it to ur docx b4 submitting

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
GboyegaD:

You will be notified once a decision is made however, you could just check once in a while. I know how it feels and the anxiety but all I can say is that it is well.

@ Gboyega. : does the online application hold for Nigerian residents too? I actually started yesterday but saw in a section that it applied to only residents and citizens of certain countries listed of which Nigeria wasn't among. Am I missing something pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolani4real: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
Canada school. After admission letter do I need to pay d school full tuition before I applied for visa or any amount? What amount do u think is okay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
.........and thats how i arrived VFs office at 3.01pm and was refused entry. Really not happy now. Hope applying Thursday wud still be safe for Sept 1 entry Really moody now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga pls, how difficult is it to get into university for a masters program after going through a community college (graduate certificate). Judging from the fact I finished wiv a 2:2 at undergrad level. And yeh do I need to write gmat or gre (whichever applies) when coming from a comm. college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nuendo:

@ Gboyega. : does the online application hold for Nigerian residents too? I actually started yesterday but saw in a section that it applied to only residents and citizens of certain countries listed of which Nigeria wasn't among. Am I missing something pls?

It does and Sampitts used it earlier in the year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
2-chains:

Oga pls, how difficult is it to get into university for a masters program after going through a community college (graduate certificate). Judging from the fact I finished wiv a 2:2 at undergrad level. And yeh do I need to write gmat or gre (whichever applies) when coming from a comm. college?

I don't have an idea but one thing I am sure of is that if you meet the minimum requirement, then you are qualified irrespective of the school you had your previous degree from.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
morgan2006:
I have replied you xtus. Thanks

Bros am yet to received your reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by latra: 11:00pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ffffgg

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.