Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,449 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589612 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Hotstepper(f): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Plz how long does it take the embassy in Nigeria to process a visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hotstepper: Plz how long does it take the embassy in Nigeria to process a visa?
4 months min and 6 months max
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 3:42am On May 01, 2013
@sampitt, @2-chains, trying to use the online system and I've been getting "bad gateway", "Error 502" error for about 2 days now when I try to upload. Did you guys experience similar?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 6:46am On May 01, 2013
Nuendo: .........and thats how i arrived VFs office at 3.01pm and was refused entry. Really not happy now. Hope applying Thursday wud still be safe for Sept 1 entry Really moody now.
why do thy refuse u?, is it dat u came late or dat its too late to sumit application for sept intake?
because am planin to sumit nxt week oo. U can drop ur numbe pls lets talk on phone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:10am On May 01, 2013
Maximip: @sampitt, @2-chains, trying to use the online system and I've been getting "bad gateway", "Error 502" error for about 2 days now when I try to upload. Did you guys experience similar?

Yeh I got that like once but please if the online portal is dulling don't waste time. Hurry up and submit physically. Time is going and you can't afford to keep waiting for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:13am On May 01, 2013
PLEASE GUYS! I AM NOT A VISA EXPERT BUT I FEEL IF THE ONLINE PORTAL IS GIVING YOU DIFFICULTIES OR HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, THEN PLEASE JUST USE THE NORMAL VFS PHYSICAL METHOD. TIME IS GOING AND THERE IS NO TIME TO KEEP STRUGGLING WITH THE PORTAL. ANYWAY IT'S JUST MY SUGGESTION. Sorry for the capital letters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2013
2-chains:
PLEASE GUYS! I AM NOT A VISA EXPERT BUT I FEEL IF THE ONLINE PORTAL IS GIVING YOU DIFFICULTIES OR HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, THEN PLEASE JUST USE THE NORMAL VFS PHYSICAL METHOD. TIME IS GOING AND THERE IS NO TIME TO KEEP STRUGGLING WITH THE PORTAL. ANYWAY IT'S JUST MY SUGGESTION. Sorry for the capital letters.
fellow nlds,in regards to dis online submissn,how long does it take cic.gc.ca to send one's checklist code,and more so do we stil have to pay d normal VFS handling fee,and do we stil pay visa applicatn fee through the bank draft or bank debit cards ..? And how efficient is the online submission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2013
Maximip: @sampitt, @2-chains, trying to use the online system and I've been getting "bad gateway", "Error 502" error for about 2 days now when I try to upload. Did you guys experience similar?
i didnt. Bt 2-chain's advice is nt bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 10:22am On May 01, 2013
Danyl:
fellow nlds,in regards to dis online submissn,how long does it take cic.gc.ca to send one's checklist code,and more so do we stil have to pay d normal VFS handling fee,and do we stil pay visa applicatn fee through the bank draft or bank debit cards ..? And how efficient is the online submission?

You will get the personal checklist code immediately you are true with the online questionnaire, your visa application fee will be done via credit card, as per the efficiency, personally I feel it's d same with d manual method, the difference been that all your docs remains visibly intact with you including your passport until you are asked to submit it when your application is approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 11:22am On May 01, 2013
emmausa:
why do thy refuse u?, is it dat u came late or dat its too late to sumit application for sept intake?
because am planin to sumit nxt week oo. U can drop ur numbe pls lets talk on phone.

nope , just took late for that particular day. Am going there tomorrow to submit by 8am sharp. I have all my docs arranged.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 11:25am On May 01, 2013
2-chains:

nicely said. I myself prefer d online app but didn't have the mind to attempt it because of my erratic internet for uploading my docs.I no need story. Make i do am physically mehn...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 1:41pm On May 01, 2013
Siga: ....bro...Siga no dey Naija oooo
.Ok sir; though i know already but i thought you may have idea about it. Please What will i do now? I will soon go to my sponsor for the bank statement,but i need to go with the affidavit of support so that we can finalise the whole thing.happy new month bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rayo2002: 1:48pm On May 01, 2013
Goldie20: if you ever been refused a canadian visa.. and u really wanna know why you been refused.. pls apply for caips.. i just got my result for caips today.. and im amazed from what i found.. it explains everything that was going thru the V.O's mind the moment he/she touch/touched your application... what the v.o thinks of your application and what his/her personal ''say'' about it...

here is what i found out...

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for your recent file request - we have now received your GCMS notes from CIC and I enclose a copy for you in Adobe pdf format.

I am very sorry to see that your application for a study permit was refused. I am afraid that we are seeing a very large number of study permit (and other temporary visa) applications refused, mostly for one or more reasons that we cited see over and over again:
- studies completely unrelated to an applicant's educational/employment history
- where an applicant has applied to do a course similar to one that they have already completed
- where a similar course would be considerably cheaper to study nearer to home
- the ability of an applicant to actually complete a course of study (usually in this case they would cite evidence of poor marks from earlier educational courses)
- the bona fides of the applicant's intentions (whether it appears the applicant is using the study permit as a means to enter Canada with no intention of completing the course of study)
- whether the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada and/or the source of such funds
- where an applicant appears to have strong ties to Canada and/or weak ties to their home country

It is important to understand these in context - since Canada tightened up its permanent residency visa requirements in 2008, temporary visas have become the only way for many people to enter Canada. As such, CIC have become extra vigilant in ensuring anyone issued a temporary visa is actually intending to come to Canada temporarily, and not using their visa as a way of entering the country with no intention of leaving.

You will find the visa officers' notes on your case on pages 12-13 of the file. It seems that CIC's primary concerns are "not clear why he would want to attend school in Canada instead of USA.... do not find studies reasonable under these circumstances..."

Unfortunately, the notes on your case are particularly short and unhelpful, but reading between the lines you can infer that CIC are worried about your lack of family or any other ties at home (family, property, job, car, financial resources etc. etc.) that would act as an incentive to leave once your course is completed.

If you wish to reapply successfully, I am afraid that you would bear these factors in mind when preparing your new application.

best wishes

Trish Bridson, CAIPS FileCheck

Now i know what to work on when i apply again...

P.S Congrats to everyone that have got their visa.. and goodluck to those applying... xxxx

Had u done medicals before being refused?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 2:05pm On May 01, 2013
rayo2002:

Had u done medicals before being refused?

Nope...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 2:18pm On May 01, 2013
That is due to poor network. I have used it successfully today. Keep trying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 2:55pm On May 01, 2013
Goldie20:

Nope...
Pls how did u apply for the CAIPs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 3:09pm On May 01, 2013
imadebaby:
Pls how did u apply for the CAIPs?

here's all the information on how to apply http://www.caips.ca/apply.shtml

it safe... it effective.. and i highly recommend it..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2013
jimmyjerry07:

You will get the personal checklist code immediately you are true with the online questionnaire, your visa application fee will be done via credit card, as per the efficiency, personally I feel it's d same with d manual method, the difference been that all your docs remains visibly intact with you including your passport until you are asked to submit it when your application is approved.

I also feel with this, you can't make mistakes with your document checklist which puts you at an advantage of not missing out any important thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by samueleled: 3:55pm On May 01, 2013
Hi great friends. I have a pending admission against Jan. 2014 in Toronto. Present I am about rounding up my MSc in the UK this Sep. but my Visa will expire in Feb 2014. Last month of April, I was to attend a conference in Canada in July related to my course of study here in the UK but was refused TR visa. The VO said I do not have in the UK cos I am a student. That they were not sure of my leaving Canada after my proposed visit. My question is, will being refused TR visa have any effect on my next study visa application?

Looking forward to your constructive response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2013
Oh Lord, Let me be among the US DV 2014 lottery winners...

Click like to say ''AMEN''

Meanwhile, I have been recommended for admission by the Department I applied to at University of Manitoba...up to the Faculty of Graduate Studies for final review...This is coming a bit late

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2013
samuel.eled:
Hi great friends. I have a pending admission against Jan. 2014 in Toronto. Present I am about rounding up my MSc in the UK this Sep. but my Visa will expire in Feb 2014. Last month of April, I was to attend a conference in Canada in July related to my course of study here in the UK but was refused TR visa. The VO said I do not have in the UK cos I am a student. That they were not sure of my leaving Canada after my proposed visit. My question is, will being refused TR visa have any effect on my next study visa application?. Looking forward to your constructive response.

NO....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:07pm On May 01, 2013
U shd knw the answer to ds questn, judging from ur previous post..u once said u were in TDOT(toronto)
Hotstepper: Plz how long does it take the embassy in Nigeria to process a visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 5:30pm On May 01, 2013
Two things you need to do:
1. Reduce the size of the file you are trying to upload
2. Use a faster internet access
You will be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 6:54pm On May 01, 2013
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those of us that have gotten their TRV's.
I need to know guys:
1. I live in SA and my sponsor also resides in SA, is it safe to apply from SA?
2. Would i have to do my medicals before submitting my application or submit first and then schedule for medicals
3. Anyone with a template of his/her written Letter of Intent that covers a technical course to the embassy should please drop for me in my email eagleyerola@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless we will all meet in Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 7:24pm On May 01, 2013
jimmyjerry07:

thanks 4d info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2013
Raahym: Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those of us that have gotten their TRV's.
I need to know guys:
1. I live in SA and my sponsor also resides in SA, is it safe to apply from SA?
2. Would i have to do my medicals before submitting my application or submit first and then schedule for medicals
3. Anyone with a template of his/her written Letter of Intent that covers a technical course to the embassy should please drop for me in my email eagleyerola@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless we will all meet in Toronto

You can apply from SA if you are a permanent resident of there or if you hold a study permit for SA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2013
@all,pls what r my chances of gettn a TRV for study permit @27yrs goin 4an undergraduate prog(COMPUTER SCIENCE) that's not related to my first degree(BOTANY) though i intend to compile d two degrees together 4an MPhil in Bioinformatics/computational biology.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2013
lucky Don: Congrats Chief...

@ Lucky Don, please which country did you apply from and what are the documents you submitted. We may need this info to be more enlightened. Please help us.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:18pm On May 01, 2013
earthgreeners: Oh Lord, Let me be among the US DV 2014 lottery winners...

Click like to say ''AMEN''

Meanwhile, I have been recommended for admission by the Department I applied to at University of Manitoba...up to the Faculty of Graduate Studies for final review...This is coming a bit late

Bro, dats a good news...i believe sumtin gud wud happen ASAP

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 6:14am On May 02, 2013
Raahym:

@ Lucky Don, please which country did you apply from and what are the documents you submitted. We may need this info to be more enlightened. Please help us.

Regards
NIGERIA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 7:06am On May 02, 2013
[quote author=justwise]Its that time again when we have to create part4 [/b]of this thread, part3 has reached [b]403 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your enquiries and contributions here.

Part3 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3

Sorry for the inconveniences.

@All. Kindly help me with information o. I have been sent the electronic letter of acceptance to a PhD admission at the University of Saskatchewan, but I have requested for the letter of funding from the graduate admin of the department, who earlier assured me of funding and graduate assistantship, but she has not answered in the last 2 weeks. I am aware that most PhDs in Canada are fully funded. Should I be panicky since she is yet to respond? Is there a procedure I do not know of? Whom should I be speaking with? The department or graduate school? My resumption is September 5 and I need the letter of funding as part of visa application docs. Does anyone here have any advice? I will be glad to listen to you. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.