Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,345 members, 7,836,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589583 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 9:07am On May 22, 2013
similoluwa123: I submitted my visitor visa application April 23rd

Hi, I pray you hear a postive result soon. Planning to submit by june/july too. Pls what documents did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:43am On May 22, 2013
dommakavelli:

include a leave of study letter.

Noted. Thanks bro, God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:54am On May 22, 2013
kenniy:

since u are already the engineer, he indicating in the letter of intent that the company is sponsoring you to horn ur technical skills.. as u are been positioned as the technical manager (or CTO)..somethin like dt.. really there is much flow in what you do, the company sponsoring u and what u r goin to study.. you wouldn't need much convincing. you should be more concern with why he is sponsoring..the relationship btw u guys..cos its not exactly normal that a relatively small company would make any such investment in a staff..there has to be some bond

Thanks bro, it is well with you sir. About why he is sponsoring me,How do we go about that? and what proof do you think I need to present to make it more convincing that the reason why he is sponsoring me is genuine? Thanks for your help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:01am On May 22, 2013
@Siga&house,
I had the meeting with him yesterday and I know very well that God is at work. He is willing to do everything in his capacity to help me out at no cost. He said he will sponsor me with the company's account. He also promised to give me an employment letter with ID card. He is into Importation of computers and photocopy machines; that is what i have been doing since 2003(sales and services of computer and photocopy machines).The difference is; he is an importer while I am an engineer. So how do we correlate it with my course of study(Information and Communication Technology)? How can we make them know(proof) that I will be coming back to pick a post at the company after my study? What other document do I need from him apart from the statement of acct,letter of introduction, ID card and affidavit of support? I am also thinking of completing and get a professional certificate of some Information Technology professional courses that I already had the knowledge of.E.g, web development, Microsoft access database and Networking.Getting these professional certificates;do you think it will boost my chances and shows that I am not idle for all the years that I have been working. Remember I am going for 2 years college program at the undergraduate level in hope of furthering it to degree level.Anticipating your urgent reply.Thanks to you all.

Mr siga, please I am still expecting your own contribution concerning this post.Like I said,I had the meeting with him on Monday.Thanks sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 10:13am On May 22, 2013
hayek: Are there fellow forumites who have used online application and received call for medical? I used the online application platform on May 2nd, 2013. I used the online thing because it is quite straight forward and not complex like the paper application. I have not heard received any message so far although the duration for visa process is 4-6 months. I n case there has been anyone who used online application and has gotten medicals, please share your story with others. I am going for MA and I an self-sponsored ( I have about $35K in my account) and my workplace wrote to the effect they are supportive of my studies and that I would continue to be in their pay roll even while studying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 11:24am On May 22, 2013
freshdude:
bro. Have u submitted ur application.?. How did u pay for the bank draft. Does it require account no or something.
Walk into any branch of UBA and tell them you want to raise a draft of N19500 in favour of THE DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSIONER OF CANADA; that is if you don't maintain an account with any of the banks mentioned on their website. Avoid banks that are not listed on their website(e.g Eco, Access etc) cos they'll refuse ur draft. Good luck with your submission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 11:40am On May 22, 2013
onuawuchi: Walk into any branch of UBA and tell them you want to raise a draft of N19500 in favour of THE DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSIONER OF CANADA; that is if you don't maintain an account with any of the banks mentioned on their website. Avoid banks that are not listed on their website(e.g Eco, Access etc) cos they'll refuse ur draft. Good luck with your submission.
What of gtb bank.? That's the bank I use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 11:41am On May 22, 2013
CANADIAN DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION
onuawuchi: Walk into any branch of UBA and tell them you want to raise a draft of N19500 in favour of THE DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSIONER OF CANADA; that is if you don't maintain an account with any of the banks mentioned on their website. Avoid banks that are not listed on their website(e.g Eco, Access etc) cos they'll refuse ur draft. Good luck with your submission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 11:59am On May 22, 2013
Just checked the list of approved banks. Gtb was on it. The list is kinda old sha. some banks there have gone into extinction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 12:47pm On May 22, 2013
bullstriker: CANADIAN DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION
Draft instructions:

Print the Passport number of the principal applicant on the back of the bank draft.
The draft must be made payable to "DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION OF CANADA".
The draft must be Payable in lagos.
The draft must indicate if the second signature is not required.
Your payment must accompany your application.
Please ensure that the bank does not forward your bank draft or certified cheque to this office.
If your application is received at this office without the correct processing fee attached, it will be returned to you.
Yes you can use GT bank,but I think you'll have to be maintaining an account with them. ION[/quote]
freshdude:
What of gtb bank.? That's the bank I use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 1:28pm On May 22, 2013
@onuawuchi, OK.maybe it has changed.That was what I used when I raised my own draft over a month ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:40pm On May 22, 2013
bullstriker: @onuawuchi, OK.maybe it has changed.That was what I used when I raised my own draft over a month ago.

Both are correct jor.
Canadian deputy High commission
Deputy high commission of Canada...

No difference, Na just use of English.

Citizen of canada n Canadian citizen, difference dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 2:12pm On May 22, 2013
I applied to attend a conference. Documents submitted are;
Personal bank statement
marriage certificate
Letter from my spouse
Letter from my job
payment receipt for d conference
Hotel accommodation receipt
conference IV letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 3:48pm On May 22, 2013
I asked my school to differ my admission till next year cos I don't have enough time to apply for september intake.
So I will have to wait till sept 2014 cos the school doesn't have multiple start dates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 3:51pm On May 22, 2013
similoluwa123: I applied to attend a conference. Documents submitted are;
Personal bank statement
marriage certificate
Letter from my spouse
Letter from my job
payment receipt for d conference
Hotel accommodation receipt
conference IV letter

Ok, I want to apply for a tourist visa, with my hubby and baby. We intend using my hubby's company account, tax clearance, company docs,I run a little biz from our house, but I'm a director in his company too.so i was just wondering on more documents that can proof the strong home ties
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 5:06pm On May 22, 2013
Since you and your hubby own a company together that is one of the economy or home tie, also your family
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 5:11pm On May 22, 2013
I want to know if those people that submitted their Canada visitor visa application between march 25 and april 5 have receive their passport back. we can use this to when to expect ours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 5:20pm On May 22, 2013
similoluwa123: Since you and your hubby own a company together that is one of the economy or home tie, also your family

Yea, I know. Thanks for your response.I wish you the very best in your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 5:51pm On May 22, 2013
Are there fellow forumites who have used online application and received call for medical? I used the online application platform on May 2nd, 2013. I used the online thing because it is quite straight forward and not complex like the paper application. I have not heard received any message so far although the duration for visa process is 4-6 months. I n case there has been anyone who used online application and has gotten medicals, please share your story with others. I am going for MA and I an self-sponsored ( I have about $35K in my account) and my workplace wrote to the effect they are supportive of my studies and that I would continue to be in their pay roll even while studying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2013
Plz who applied to the University of manitoba? Hw do I make payment payment for application. Please help and advice is needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2013
gwobo: Plz who applied to the University of manitoba? Hw do I make payment payment for application. Please help and advice is needed.

try d gtbank naira card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 11:44pm On May 22, 2013
Please house, I'm on the online questionnaire, what is the best answer to this question: Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year? I have visited some countries on the list but for not more than 6 months in the past year. Should I still pick YES?
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:48pm On May 22, 2013
smile13: Please house, I'm on the online questionnaire, what is the best answer to this question: Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year? I have visited some countries on the list but for not more than 6 months in the past year. Should I still pick YES?
Thanks for your anticipated response.

Did u stay up to six months in a particular country?

If you stayed 4 less dan 6 months, choose no.
If you stayed up to six months or above, choose yes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 1:18am On May 23, 2013
Funny Nigeria is included in the list too, that's why I'm confused.

dommakavelli:

Did u stay up to six months in a particular country?

If you stayed 4 less dan 6 months, choose no.
If you stayed up to six months or above, choose yes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Noswaa: 1:42am On May 23, 2013
smile13: Funny Nigeria is included in the list too, that's why I'm confused.

it is never a funny question,if you have stayed in Nigeria for up to 6 months then you need to tick yes,they ask this question to know if you need to provide police clearance for any country stayed up to 6 months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 1:49am On May 23, 2013
Noswaa & Dommakavelli: God bless you; thanks. I will just tick YES.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2013
Good morning,
I looked at the checklist provided on the government of Canada website, the part saying that i should provide "all certificates and/or diplomas. ..."
I don't currently have my university certificate and processing it may be a long thing. However, i do have my transcript and could even get a sealed stamped and addressed transcript and a statement of result stating my grade class in my final exams. Does this cover for the certificate.

Also I've been reading about proof of accommodation. Am I suppose to pay for accommodation when I've not been given my visa? Also i plan to stay off campus, probably an homestay must i include proof of payment ? Can i supply proof that i have the money instead ?

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 11:13am On May 23, 2013
The way folks here interprets the questions whether you have stayed in a country above 6 months seems incorrect. If you are a citizen of Nigeria you do not have to pick yes unless you are not. You are a Nigerian citizen who has not stayed in those countries listed for upto 6 months or above. In this regard, being a citizen of a country should not be misconstrued to mean visit. You are citizen of Nigeria and you have not visited or stayed in the countries listed for more than 6 months. In this circumstance you are expected to pick No. Being a citizen and a visitor to a country is NEVER the same.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 11:30am On May 23, 2013
mikolo2008: hey...I applied for VIU's admission haven't really heard from them, have you been given the admission?

I ve gotten my admission letter. Wen did u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2013
earthgreeners:

try d gtbank naira card
Thanks Bro, it worked. Application Submitted. Did u apply to Uof Manitoba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.