Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589689 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 4:11pm On May 24, 2013
olutimi1: It is goin to be a good news...but I doubt if this won't be d longest weekend for you. Lol. Not to worry.

I advise he tunes in to a dormant frequency (sleeping pills) or highness frequency (beer) so as to reduce the anxiety/tension and also have a shorter weekend...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 5:20pm On May 24, 2013
Siga: WORD!!!!

Welcome Boss, how are you doing? It is well with you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 5:26pm On May 24, 2013
similoluwa123: You guys should pray for me

You will get a positive result by the grace of God. Best of luck to you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:32pm On May 24, 2013
gwobo:
I just submitted my application for January 2014, how long did it take them to respond to your apllication? Did u contact any supervisor directly?

for a research based course, you need to have a potential supervisor..If not, you wldnt get admitted...Its that serious....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 8:45pm On May 24, 2013
mikolo2008:
I applied this year around jan/feb for their sept2013 admission and I received a message in April that my admission is been processed, please when did you apply and can I get your {phone number/email/pin}<---any one smiley Thanks.

Sent u a pm reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yomezino: 9:15pm On May 24, 2013
Please nairalanders advice me! I applied for admission in University of NEw Brunswick,they said my documents is in line for processing.Later they mailed me to send my jamb result and university of Benin transcript,I sent my jamb and told them I am in 100level. we just started second semester and 100 level do not get transcript in University of Benin.They just mailed me today that they have checked my application and when my transcript is ready I should mail it.I'm confused right now what should I do.PLease I'm even confused to read.Please just advice me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:24pm On May 24, 2013
yomezino:

Please nairalanders advice me! I applied for admission in University of NEw Brunswick,they said my documents is in line for processing.Later they mailed me to send my jamb result and university of Benin transcript,I sent my jamb and told them I am in 100level. we just started second semester and 100 level do not get transcript in University of Benin.They just mailed me today that they have checked my application and when my transcript is ready I should mail it.I'm confused right now what should I do.PLease I'm even confused to read.Please just advice me

Are you going for an undergraduate degree?? If yes,then I suggest ur secondary school transcript will be a perfect option...university transcript is not necessary unless ur going based on "transfer credit"option
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:56pm On May 24, 2013
yomezino:

.....Wetin dem want take ur JAMB results do....no one dey ask that...read their requirements right....They only need ur Uni transcript only if u are transferring...if not, ur WAEC is perfect....JAMB for what? When no be say na Abraka University u dey apply to....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2013
1) Is Pension fund i.e IBTC pension account , a proof of fund?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blink6(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2013
earthgreeners: 1) Is Pension fund i.e IBTC pension account , a proof of fund?....
I av a sponsor with about 3M in his Pensions account and 1.5M in his personal account (Jaiz Bank). With 2 landed docx....
Salary of about 8.5M per annum..
He is 33, Single (Brother: Same surname)

2) A co sponsor, with 2.5M in his account. Shares and landed documents. Self employed
(Brother: Same surname)

3) I also intend to submit mum's 2 land documents.

Tuition fee is $8,800

I gat $4,000 scholarship

What are my chances?

I suppose this is MUN... hey u! longest time,,, me been expecting u here like forever.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blink6(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2013
Siga: .....Wetin dem want take ur JAMB results do....no one dey ask that...read their requirements right....They only need ur Uni transcript only if u are transferring...if not, ur WAEC is perfect....JAMB for what? When no be say na Abraka University u dey apply to....

Oga siga, how u n ur family?
See, lemme say i got same ish as this guy...
Haven't applied to any uni already anyways. The thing is; I want to transfer too, but am confused... cos I dnt know waah time is due for this.
Pls help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2013
blink6: I suppose this is MUN... hey u! longest time,,, me been expecting u here like forever.

No, University Of Manitoba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 2:16pm On May 25, 2013
similoluwa123: Ayaba21 what is d source of your information. I submitted my application April 23rd for visitor visa. Bellow is the information I got this afternoon from tracking. It is not up to 36 days as you claimed. I will visit VSF office on Monday to pick it up. All my hope is in God

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130423xxxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Lagos, on 24/05/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

Hi Simi, i got my information from cic processing time. i was referring to processing time for study permit applications submitted online. i decided not to comment on the online application processing time being only for applications submitted in Canada. All online applications are submitted in Canada. they are then processed and sent to the applicants country canadian embassy for issuance if sucessful, or for further processing if certain verifications still are required.
I know this year's applicants in Nigeria using the online system will be the guinea pigs for the system because try as they (the Canadian government) may, there are still some vague areas. My source of imformation is the site for the initial online application programme which was restriced to certain countries
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:21pm On May 25, 2013
blink6:

Oga siga, how u n ur family?
See, lemme say i got same ish as this guy...
Haven't applied to any uni already anyways. The thing is; I want to transfer too, but am confused... cos I dnt know waah time is due for this.
Pls help.
...Family dey....I believe u would have included that in ur initial application that u want to transfer credits....if u didnt do that...u can still do it after gaining admission or when u land the school....all u do is go to the admissions officer and tender ur case...they will listen and check if the courses you are trying to wave is the same as the one here or close....thats why you would need a transcript and probably a course description as well, this will detail each topics u did on each course....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 3:29pm On May 25, 2013
Online application guys, @sampitts, @2-chains, any updates?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lizzybabe1(f): 5:36pm On May 25, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new here but I need your help. I got an admission for advanced diploma in Canada so I want to go to Ghana to apply for the student permit considering the fact that it doesn't take too long and applying now in Nigeria might be too late for September entry and I don't want to defer. I checked the CIC website and found out Ghana doesn't serve Nigeria for study permit but it also said one can apply there as long as one can proof one's legal entry into Ghana. so I got really confused and I will like to know if anyone as applied there before? Please help, I need replies ASAP. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2013
lizzybabe1: Hello everyone, I'm new here but I need your help. I got an admission for advanced diploma in Canada so I want to go to Ghana to apply for the student permit considering the fact that it doesn't take too long and applying now in Nigeria might be too late for September entry and I don't want to defer. I checked the CIC website and found out Ghana doesn't serve Nigeria for study permit but it also said one can apply there as long as one can proof one's legal entry into Ghana. so I got really confused and I will like to know if anyone as applied there before? Please help, I need replies ASAP. Thanks

U rnt a permanent resident nor citizen of Ghana? If u rnt den u cannot apply from Ghana.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
And people don't get the processing times wrong for study permit. The one that's says 20sumthng or 30sumthng days is for processing from within Canada not from outside. Meaning for processing of applications that were submitted by someone already in Canada.
Navigate through the site well and you will see that it still mentions 18weeks processing time for Applicants applying from nigeria.

@maxi it's still to early. No news anyway.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:21pm On May 25, 2013
lizzybabe1: Hello everyone, I'm new here but I need your help. I got an admission for advanced diploma in Canada so I want to go to Ghana to apply for the student permit considering the fact that it doesn't take too long and applying now in Nigeria might be too late for September entry and I don't want to defer. I checked the CIC website and found out Ghana doesn't serve Nigeria for study permit but it also said one can apply there as long as one can proof one's legal entry into Ghana. so I got really confused and I will like to know if anyone as applied there before? Please help, I need replies ASAP. Thanks
...U can only apply in Ghana if u have one of below :

1. Permanent Residency
2. Work permit
3. Study permit

Shikena!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by osakajapan: 1:49am On May 26, 2013
please where can someone apply for IELT in nigeria?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 11:11am On May 26, 2013
yomezino wait till your 1st semester result is out. After d result is out go to your school and apply for d first semester transcript. Tell them d purpose, you will be charged for it. Transcript is just official detail of your result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 11:26am On May 26, 2013
Osakajapan: Do u mean IELTS Exam. The best place to book for registration is with British Council in Nigeria. Bellow is their contact information;
Email:info.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org
exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org
Phone: +234-1-4603090

Address
20 Thompson Avenue
PO Box 53702, Falomo
Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria

I hope this answer your question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 11:29am On May 26, 2013
osakajapan: please where can someone apply for IELT in nigeria?.
IELTS is an examination administered by the British Council. You dont have to go to their office at Thompson Ave,Ikoyi to register if you aren't in Lagos. I registered from outside Lagos by raising a bank draft of #35000, filling the form on-line and submitted a copy of the data page of my int'l passport, all docx was sent to their office via post. http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 26, 2013
Huzzie:
IELTS is an examination administered by the British Council. You dont have to go to their office at Thompson Ave,Ikoyi to register if you aren't in Lagos. I registered from outside Lagos by raising a bank draft of #35000, filling the form on-line and submitted a copy of the data page of my int'l passport, all docx was sent to their office via post. http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/

U can pay online now!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:38pm On May 26, 2013
good evening people. as regards this police clearance can someone please provide directions. am currently in lagos , which of the police offices do I visit ? is it the one at kam Salem building obalende ? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:54pm On May 26, 2013
adewaleafolabi: good evening people. as regards this police clearance can someone please provide directions. am currently in lagos , which of the police offices do I visit ? is it the one at kam Salem building obalende ? thanks

Nope,it is not.
When you get to Obalende, ask of where you can get a keke going to Alagbon, enter the keke (#50 only), wait for it to get filled (it gets filled pretty fast shaa) and then alight @ Force Headquaters. You can then find ur way from there.

Goodluck bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 7:21am On May 27, 2013
Its exactly 2 months today since I submitted my application. Is there any person in the house who submitted on or after 27 march that has got a response from the embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:29am On May 27, 2013
Onye oma:

Nope,it is not.
When you get to Obalende, ask of where you can get a keke going to Alagbon, enter the keke (#50 only), wait for it to get filled (it gets filled pretty fast shaa) and then alight @ Force Headquaters. You can then find ur way from there.

Goodluck bro...

thank you very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by djay1: 11:23am On May 27, 2013
Now am worried and as well happy 4 u cause I submitted on 3rd of april and I tracked today below is d message I still get, what's d matter?

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130403********** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

similoluwa123: Ayaba21 what is d source of your information. I submitted my application April 23rd for visitor visa. Bellow is the information I got this afternoon from tracking. It is not up to 36 days as you claimed. I will visit VSF office on Monday to pick it up. All my hope is in God

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130423xxxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Lagos, on 24/05/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by surecan: 1:15pm On May 27, 2013
all this delay is for good

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 1:28pm On May 27, 2013
Guy relax!isn't yours study permit?The guy applied for vistor visa which takes less procesing time.There are people who had waited for 5months for their study permit to be processed.it's just that recently cdhc has improved.
d jay: Now am worried and as well happy 4 u cause I submitted on 3rd of april and I tracked today below is d message I still get, what's d matter?

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130403********** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, Lagos. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 3:02pm On May 27, 2013
I picked up my passport this morning. I make sure I got home before I open it because anything could happen. Guess what? Visitor visa stamp for 4 months. The only problem is that I must travel latest on Sunday June 2nd because the name of the event and date is noted on d stamp. D event is schedule for June 3rd to 6th in Victoria, BC. Anyway I thank God for everything because my girl emailed me d ticket.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.