Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586787 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Hey! I see everybody's advising against using company's account. Well I had no choice than to use my sponsor's company acct, that's what he gave me. But I got a reference letter from the bank stating that my sponsor is the sole signatory to the company's account. Added that with a reference letter from him + company documents. Me I believe God sha, this visa still sure. smiley
You are good to go bro. I see no complications... Just be conscious of the God factor. "If u abide in me, and my words abide in u, u shall ask WHAT U WILL, and it shall be done unto u". !!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olabanjio(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
hello guys!

I need schools that can waive GMAT as a requirement for a masters program (msc finance / MBA) Is it possible to get any?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2013
Study permit questionnaire.

is it preferable to fill in handwriting or typed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 20, 2013
earthgreeners: Study permit questionnaire.

is it preferable to fill in handwriting or typed?

The latter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:39pm On May 20, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...u are wrong on that ...its part of financial stands bro....Stocks, bonds all same as bank account....

Ok bro, wasn't too sure bout that one, how was the Public holiday? Just confirmed there's a public holiday once a month from now till the end of the year (or maybe in some provinces)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:20pm On May 20, 2013
mozo:

Ok bro, wasn't too sure bout that one, how was the Public holiday? Just confirmed there's a public holiday once a month from now till the end of the year (or maybe in some provinces)
....lol...holiday once a month till the end ....lol....u are close though....bro...I worked today ooo..na extra money (though from home)...just got up from a quick nap ...then I go wait for the sun to go down and head out around 9pm.....I need to go see Uncle Hennessy and Aunt Stella Artois.....bo se wa ni yen o jare...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 6:17am On May 21, 2013
olabanji_o: hello guys!

I need schools that can waive GMAT as a requirement for a masters program (msc finance / MBA) Is it possible to get any?
Vancouver island university! Am Heading dere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 7:37am On May 21, 2013
I submitted my visitor visa application April 23rd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by verawebb: 9:54am On May 21, 2013
Hello,
Please can anyway explain how ECA works?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:43am On May 21, 2013
@Siga&house,
I had the meeting with him yesterday and I know very well that God is at work. He is willing to do everything in his capacity to help me out at no cost. He said he will sponsor me with the company's account. He also promised to give me an employment letter with ID card. He is into Importation of computers and photocopy machines; that is what i have been doing since 2003(sales and services of computer and photocopy machines).The difference is; he is an importer while I am an engineer. So how do we correlate it with my course of study(Information and Communication Technology)? How can we make them know(proof) that I will be coming back to pick a post at the company after my study? What other document do I need from him apart from the statement of acct,letter of introduction, ID card and affidavit of support? I am also thinking of completing and get a professional certificate of some Information Technology professional courses that I already had the knowledge of.E.g, web development, Microsoft access database and Networking.Getting these professional certificates;do you think it will boost my chances and shows that I am not idle for all the years that I have been working. Remember I am going for 2 years college program at the undergraduate level in hope of furthering it to degree level.Anticipating your urgent reply.Thanks to you all.

Mr siga, please I am still expecting your own contribution concerning this post.Like I said,I had the meeting with him on Monday.Thanks sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2013
verawebb: Hello,
Please can anyway explain how ECA works?
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:16am On May 21, 2013
honourableseyi: @Siga&house,
I had the meeting with him yesterday and I know very well that God is at work. He is willing to do everything in his capacity to help me out at no cost. He said he will sponsor me with the company's account. He also promised to give me an employment letter with ID card. He is into Importation of computers and photocopy machines; that is what i have been doing since 2003(sales and services of computer and photocopy machines).The difference is; he is an importer while I am an engineer. So how do we correlate it with my course of study(Information and Communication Technology)? How can we make them know(proof) that I will be coming back to pick a post at the company after my study? What other document do I need from him apart from the statement of acct,letter of introduction, ID card and affidavit of support? I am also thinking of completing and get a professional certificate of some Information Technology professional courses that I already had the knowledge of.E.g, web development, Microsoft access database and Networking.Getting these professional certificates;do you think it will boost my chances and shows that I am not idle for all the years that I have been working. Remember I am going for 2 years college program at the undergraduate level in hope of furthering it to degree level.Anticipating your urgent reply.Thanks to you all.

include a leave of study letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 11:18am On May 21, 2013
Zionspecie how far with your Parole?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2013
galala123:

Really happy for you kenniy! Safe flight

thanks plenty chief

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2013
honourableseyi: @Siga&house,

since u are already the engineer, he indicating in the letter of intent that the company is sponsoring you to horn ur technical skills.. as u are been positioned as the technical manager (or CTO)..somethin like dt.. really there is much flow in what you do, the company sponsoring u and what u r goin to study.. you wouldn't need much convincing. you should be more concern with why he is sponsoring..the relationship btw u guys..cos its not exactly normal that a relatively small company would make any such investment in a staff..there has to be some bond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2013
The TRV form requires me to list all step & half siblings and their date of births. I have somewhat lots of step-sibiling, some of which we've not spoken in years, and pratically all i know about them is just their names. Can't i just skip that part ? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 4:31pm On May 21, 2013
Are there fellow forumites who have used online application and received call for medical? I used the online application platform on May 2nd, 2013. I used the online thing because it is quite straight forward and not complex like the paper application. I have not heard received any message so far although the duration for visa process is 4-6 months. I n case there has been anyone who used online application and has gotten medicals, please share your story with others. I am going for MA and I an self-sponsored ( I have about $35K in my account) and my workplace wrote to the effect they are supportive of my studies and that I would continue to be in their pay roll even while studying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2013
adewaleafolabi: The TRV form requires me to list all step & half siblings and their date of births. I have somewhat lots of step-sibiling, some of which we've not spoken in years, and pratically all i know about them is just their names. Can't i just skip that part ? Thanks

u can just list the relevant(immediate) ones..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2013
Hi house and @ogasiga, can u plz advise on how to go about accommodation in halifax.

The embassy has instructed me to show evidence of accommodation payment. Can u recommend any housing agent that i can use.

I have been online, i have seen some, but the prices are no less diff from the school arraingment. How can i get a good accommodation plus a room mate so we can split the cost.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2013
@all::: please after the Medicals, like how long does it take to get the TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:45pm On May 21, 2013
hayek: Are there fellow forumites who have used online application and received call for medical? I used the online application platform on May 2nd, 2013. I used the online thing because it is quite straight forward and not complex like the paper application. I have not heard received any message so far although the duration for visa process is 4-6 months. I n case there has been anyone who used online application and has gotten medicals, please share your story with others. I am going for MA and I an self-sponsored ( I have about $35K in my account) and my workplace wrote to the effect they are supportive of my studies and that I would continue to be in their pay roll even while studying.

Chairman calm down! U avnt even spent 3weeks yet not to talk of 2months. I submitted on April 26th online method as well. It takes about 6-8 weeks I suppose
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
dotman: Hi house and @ogasiga, can u plz advise on how to go about accommodation in halifax.

The embassy has instructed me to show evidence of accommodation payment. Can u recommend any housing agent that i can use.

I have been online, i have seen some, but the prices are no less diff from the school arraingment. How can i get a good accommodation plus a room mate so we can split the cost.
...Bro...there are very few guys heading that way here if any....I go advise pay ur school boarding bro and enjoy it for the first semester or yr ...then move outside...dont use this accommodation things slow urself down bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...there are very few guys heading that way here if any....I go advise pay ur school boarding bro and enjoy it for the first semester or yr ...then move outside...dont use this accommodation things slow urself down bro....

Alright then, thanks alot, ill keep u guys posted.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 7:27pm On May 21, 2013
Bro,it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get TRV after medical
i_am_saheed: @all::: please after the Medicals, like how long does it take to get the TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by DonDiara(m): 8:38pm On May 21, 2013
@all, please how long does it take to hear back from VFS if a study permit application is to be rejected ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 9:22pm On May 21, 2013
From my experience,processing time of cdhc varies from year to year.whether positive or negative outcome,the time is usually the same(takes about 2 months presently)sometimes,postive outcome takes less time as they will instruct u to go for medicals even before verifying your docs(in this case,denial can only come after medicals if fake docs were seen during verification).if someone were to be denied,they will still take time to verify your docs(for possible ban if Fake doc(s) were seen),Therefore, negative outcome usually takes longer process.I stand to be corrected on this
Don Diara: @all, please how long does it take to hear back from VFS if a study permit application is to be rejected ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 10:24pm On May 21, 2013
dotman: Hi house and @ogasiga, can u plz advise on how to go about accommodation in halifax.

Where are you headed?Saint Marys or Dalhousie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 11:25pm On May 21, 2013
onuawuchi: I keep asking this question in this forum and people are always reluctant answering me. Those the visa application centre in Nigeria have a cut off date for application acceptance. If true, when is it. Cos my submission is looking at next week
bro. Have u submitted ur application.?. How did u pay for the bank draft. Does it require account no or something.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mikolo2008: 6:02am On May 22, 2013
imadebaby:
Vancouver island university! Am Heading dere
hey...I applied for VIU's admission haven't really heard from them, have you been given the admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 6:51am On May 22, 2013

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 9:22pm On May 21
From my experience,processing time of cdhc varies from year to year.whether positive or negative outcome,the time is usually the same(takes about 2 months presently)sometimes,postive outcome takes less time as they will instruct u to go for medicals even before verifying your docs(in this case,denial can only come after medicals if fake docs were seen during verification).if someone were to be denied,they will still take time to verify your docs(for possible ban if Fake doc(s) were seen),Therefore, negative outcome usually takes longer process.I stand to be corrected on this
Don Diara: @all, please how long does it take to hear back from VFS if a study permit application is to be rejected ?

I think some docs require more time to verify. I remember some years ago when the embassy sent some people to my place of work to verify someone's claim that he worked in my place of work. My admin who was supose to provide info was on leave 4 a week. These guys waited to get the info. I think d guy was going 4 PR. He would be denied because he never worked in my place. The point here is that the appl was delayed because of the admin manager's absence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.