Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,472 members, 7,954,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) (24056 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
Interior:

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
This Stella Odua of a woman has tried oo...I'm waiting for the pictures of the Akanu Ibiam Enugu Airport

5 Likes

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Exterior:

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Tape-cutting ceremony: From left; George Uriesi, FAAN MD; Lamido Sanusi Lamido, CBN Governor; Senator Hope Uzodinma, Chairman, Senate Committee on Aviation; and Mrs Stella Oduah, Minister of Aviation.

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
Another view of the exterior:

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Goddex: 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
Our biased press are busy discussing Alamiesegha, meanwhile,
many many good things are happening around the country.

Shame on Punch, Premiumtimes, Nation and Sahara Reporters.

7 Likes

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by awodman: 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
Good,good,good....more of these GEJ and crew....and less of gaffes...am sure more of these will pacify most of our aggreived citizens

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Afam4eva: This Stella Odua of a woman has tried oo...I'm waiting for the pictures of the Akanu Ibiam Enugu Airport

Yeah, she is definitely justifying the allocations given to her ministry. I have to say that the Kano airport interior is the BEST so far, of the remodelled airport terminals.

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by daywatcher: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
credit where it is due but does not change the negative believe I have in GEJ's leadership.

Also how many conveyor belts does this airport have?
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fantastic achievement and a very respectable upgrade of the nation's first international airport.

Kudos to the GEJ administration.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thing we dem go bomb
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Afam4eva: This Stella Odua of a woman has tried oo...I'm waiting for the pictures of the Akanu Ibiam Enugu Airport

Im impressed,the last time i was there in dec 2006,it looked more like a big,empty town hall.

Akanu Ibiam airport need to be demolished,it should not be called an airport,it should be rebuilt.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, she is definitely justifying the allocations given to her ministry. I have to say that the Kano airport interior is the BEST so far, of the remodelled airport terminals.

Wait till you see the remodelled Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos. wink
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by oilyngbati3(m): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Why is the CBN governor wrapping himself in bed sheet in that hot climate? SMH at Africans and their archaic way of dressing to a formal occasion. The arabs that wrap themselves in that kind of bed sheet do so because of the sand storm emanating from their desert climate.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
Here are some remarks made by FAAN MD, Mr George Uriesi on the occasion:

In his address at the event, Mr George Uriesi, Managing Director of FAAN, said the remodelled international terminal was a huge improvement on the old terminal with regard to ambience, facilities and seating capacity.

According to him, “The entire cooling system in the terminal was replaced with a new one, to ensure effective cooling at all times, especially at peak periods while a walkway was provided on the airside, to protect passengers from the elements since the terminal does not have avio bridges. This is aside from the installation of new conveyor belts, check-in counters, immigration counters, toilets, offices, shops and other related facilities.”

Uriesi said by upgrading the facilities in the airport the Federal Government had thrown a challenge to all stakeholders to turn Kano State and other surrounding states into industrial and economic havens in line with the aerotropolis concept that had turned airports all over the world to meeting points of economic development.

The guest of honour at the ceremony, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, while commissioning the remodelled terminal, lauded President Goodluck Jonathan and the Aviation Minister for the remodelled airports.

Sanusi, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) said, “CBN supports public officers that are doing something. There is no one that can go to Kano airport or Kaduna airport or Benin airport or Abuja airport and tell you that something is not happening.”

He, however, charged the ministry to imbibe a maintenance culture to preserve the standard of the airport.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lai ila-hu, ila la !!! Mohammadu is the Prophet of Allah! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I hope the same standard is maintained in the other airports being remodeled oh!
Naija go survive !

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
This is slightly out of point, but I guess these are new pics of the new MMIA International terminal (last 4 pics).
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=101360103#post101360103
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by oilyngbati3(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan:

To be fair, the Akanu Ibiam airport in Enugu is undergoing a similar remodelling exercise. In fact, a new international terminal is being constructed too.
Lies! Show us the latest picture please. I was there back in Dec/Jan on my most recent visit to nigeria. Nothing is/was on ground to show for her supposedly "remodeling" of airports in the east.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by WarriPikin1: 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
Lies! Show us the latest picture please. I was there back in Dec/Jan on my most recent visit to nigeria. Nothing is/was on ground to show for her supposedly "remodeling" of airports in the east.

Yoruba,
you for take pictures when you were there nah?
That is what NL is for. You go somewhere,you take pictures and we will believe you.
Not to come here and demand for others to take picture for you,after you had just been there as you claimed.

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by oilyngbati3(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Yoruba,
you for take pictures when you were there nah?
That is what NL is for. You go somewhere,you take pictures and we will believe you.
Not to come here and demand for others to take picture for you,after you had just been there as you claimed.
I didn't take pictures because I don't want junk on my I-phone. Next time, I'll take a lot of pictures of places in nigeria and will post them on NL to shame all liars. Very soon!
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by seunfly: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yes i think i like this one, this is far better than the benin airport and i appreciate madam minister for this beautifull structure.
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
*Port Harcourt airport is being remodelled at a cost of N777 million*
Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Novice1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: Tape-cutting ceremony: From left; George Uriesi, FAAN MD; Lamido Sanusi Lamido, CBN Governor; Senator Hope Uzodinma, Chairman, Senate Committee on Aviation; and Mrs Stella Oduah, Minister of Aviation.

Meeehhn. Stella looks hot in that hijab.

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
Here's Port Harcourt airport, also undergoing full remodelling.

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
I weep for Nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Mallam Aminu Kano Airport (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
When will the moderators move this thread to the front page?
This thread is in dire need of front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kperogi Farook Rubbishes Buhari's Integrity - Indicts Him / I Invited Osinbajo To London To Thank Him ―buhari / Presidency: Consensus Candidate Is Rubbish, Deceptive –Wike Blasts Saraki, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.