Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488296 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
lalla89:
Bro thanks for the guide ,but i cant go to cotonou to pay sevis because of i base at katsina which is very far ,bt bro what is the process of paying it from nigeria ?tnx

You CAN'T pay Sevis fee from Nigeria!. Do you have a relative or close friend abroad who could get it done for you? Another alternative is the company which has an ad on NL. If you can afford their charges then go for it. Most or all PAID ads on NL are credible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
GboyegaD:

Must you curse and who told you there is no such thing as an MBA in nursing? Like the guy said, it is a program offered as MBA/MSN in nursing at UCLA however, I agree he was reckless because of what he said to Kpolli concerning his asking him to swear over what is none of his business. Enough said, bootlicking isn't a good thing to engage in.

That guy doesn't know what he is saying. There is a clear difference between a dual degree and MS/MA/MBA/PhD in whatever. How will an educated man who claimed to get "admits" in three of the top schools in the US be ignorant of that?

I hold a MS in Geology is different from I hold a dual masters degree in Geology and Business Admin - MS Geology/MBA. And how would a man who claimed to be trained in the USA not know how to choose his words? It's like me saying I have a MBA in Geology when in the real sense I have a dual masters degree in Geology and Bus. Admin (MS/MBA). I would be so stupid to say that and don't even think my stupidity or foolishness should be pardoned.

YES,there is MBA/MS in Nursing but nothing like MBA in Nursing. Several schools have that option and not only UCLA.

Reckless: Is that clear enough??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
OjaP:

That guy doesn't know what he is saying. There is a clear difference between a dual degree and MS/MA/MBA/PhD in whatever. How will an educated man who claimed to get "admits" in three of the top schools in the US be ignorant of that?

I hold a MS in Geology is different from I hold a dual masters degree in Geology and Business Admin - MS Geology/MBA. And how would a man who claimed to be trained in the USA not know how to choose his words? It's like me saying I have a MBA in Geology when in the real sense I have a dual masters degree in Geology and Bus. Admin (MS/MBA). I would be so stupid to say that and don't even think my stupidity or foolishness should be pardoned.

YES,there is MBA/MSN in Nursing but nothing like MBA in Nursing. Several schools have that option and not only UCLA. Reckless - take note

So English was the problem then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
ferdimako:

So English was the problem then?

Gbam-est***
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
People can lie sha! Haha!!! Did they use lie water bathe you when you were born?
Only you, got accepted with full ride to three schools. Same you, going for an MBA in Nursing (I'm pretty sure they created the program specifically for you)! Kilode!!
There are many liars on this thread these days! Smh
As OjaP said, having a MS/MBA is totally different from an MBA in Nursing, maybe he thinks other people on this thread are m.orons like him!cheesy cheesy Liars...Danger Zone! Keep off
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
OjaP: That guy doesn't know what he is saying. There is a clear difference between a dual degree and MS/MA/MBA/PhD in whatever. How will an educated man who claimed to get "admits" in three of the top schools in the US be ignorant of that?

YES,there is MBA/MS in Nursing but nothing like MBA in Nursing. Several schools have that option and not only UCLA.

Reck-less is lying. That's why he didn't make any clarification.

How do you go for an MSN without the RN or BSN? With a bachelors degree, there's the ABSN and Second-degree option, but not straight on MSN. There's nothing like MBA in Nursing. It makes sense to say MBA/MSN. ....emmmm.. but which Nursing license did he use to apply for an advanced degree? *Rhetorical question, obviously*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ms Nas: cheesy cheesy cheesy
People can lie sha! Haha!!! Did they use lie water bathe you when you were born?
Only you, got accepted with full ride to three schools. Same you, going for an MBA in Nursing (I'm pretty sure they created the program specifically for you)! Kilode!!
There are many liars on this thread these days! Smh
As OjaP said, having a MS/MBA is totally different from an MBA in Nursing, maybe he thinks other people on this thread are m.orons like him!cheesy cheesy Liars...Danger Zone! Keep off
grin grin grin

Lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yvete:

Lolz
cheesy cheesy Abi now. I'm still expecting a certain somebody to come out with another round of cooked storiesgrin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ms Nas: cheesy cheesy Abi now. I'm still expecting a certain somebody to come out with another round of cooked storiesgrin grin

na wha for una oh cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yvete:

gringringringringrin I lie?cheesy
Fall 2013 resumption will soon come now, that's when the theatrics will begin!cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yvete:

Reck-less is lying. That's why he didn't make any clarification.

How do you go for an an MSN without RN or BSN? With a bachelors degree, there's the ABSN and Second-degree option, but not straight on MSN. There's nothing like MBA in Nursing. It makes more sense to say MBA/MSN. ....emmmm.. but which Nursing license did he use to apply for an advanced degree? *Rhetorical question, obviously*

Maybe he thinks we be **mumu**.... grin grin grin grin You said it all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Yvete:

You and Mr. Smith have something in common...... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ms Nas:
cheesy cheesy Abi now. I'm still expecting a certain somebody to come out with another round of cooked storiesgrin grin

You sha like to dey find trouble.... grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
OjaP:

You sha like to dey find trouble.... grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy Did I mention anybody's name?grincheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:07am On Mar 31, 2013
Some people just feel cool telling lies, and I wonder what one stands to gain when You lie to people who are meant to help or put You through on something. It just doesn't make sense.
This thread has been of immense help to Me just because I have been open minded and honest in all my posts and I have promised to keep it that way.
I know the time will come soon, when I'll share my testimony and be of help to people here too...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2013
@ALL... please i nid ur advice, univ of nebraska lincoln gave my frnd admission for PhD into Fall 2013, but with no funding, however, they said the univ doesnt have funding for graduate students dis 2013/14 session and he can accept or defer for 2yrs..pls, what do suggest he shud do e.g forget it,defer or go, and is there any possibilities that they will give funding the next session. thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2013
bodeplot: @ALL... please i nid ur advice, univ of nebraska lincoln gave my frnd admission for PhD into Fall 2013, but with no funding, however, they said the univ doesnt have funding for graduate students dis 2013/14 session and he can accept or defer for 2yrs..pls, what do suggest he shud do e.g forget it,defer or go, and is there any possibilities that they will give funding the next session. thanks in advance
@Bolded...all these imaginary friends we have on nairaland. grin
It all depends on your friend. If he really needs funding so badly or financial assistance is of utmost importance to him, then he can either defer and wait or look for another school to give him funding. However, If he has the funds then he can go ahead and study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
Please house I'm currently preparing for GRE however, getting the materials is a hassle. I can't shop from amazon and the few materials I have aren't sufficient. Pls I need help wiv

BOOKS

The official guide to the GRE revised General test.
Princeton New GRE
Kaplan GRE study material
Gruber's Complete GRE Guide 2012
GRE Math Bible by Nova
Writing Skills for GRE and GMAT (Thomson, Peterson)

SOFTWARES

Kaplan’s test series
Barron’s Model tests

I'll appreciate all the help I can get my email is jasonvbassey@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
talk2D: Hi, please do anyone know any USA college that accept scan copies of application documents.

Yes i mean "COLLEGE"

Thanks
I will be grateful.

Troy University,Alabama...No paper or post mail apps, strictly pdf formats all thru..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
bodeplot: @ALL... please i nid ur advice, univ of nebraska lincoln gave my frnd admission for PhD into Fall 2013, but with no funding, however, they said the univ doesnt have funding for graduate students dis 2013/14 session and he can accept or defer for 2yrs..pls, what do suggest he shud do e.g forget it,defer or go, and is there any possibilities that they will give funding the next session. thanks in advance

Like Francis told you or your friend, first do the calculation well, if you have the money to pay till the next 2 years when you will be able to get funding, then go for it but there is nothing bad in applying to other schools when there is still time. Also remember, US admission without grant of any form brings sadness+frustration if you are not equal to the task.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jchatty(m): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
grin grin grin Good research Kpolli,
Yvete: Haha! Kpolli going H.A.M!

You've been lying for a minute bro. Repent!
Reminds me of a guy named Product. He lied about his visa on this thread and next thing, he appears on the canada thread looking for students visa until Imperiouxx & Kpolli (FBI) caught him. Lolz.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ big francis and imperiouxx thanks for the advice, bt i swear down is not me...i will tell him... waiting for my own news asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
bodeplot: @ big francis and imperiouxx thanks for the advice, bt i swear down is not me...i will tell him... waiting for my own news asap

Ok, got you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
OjaP:

Reckless: Is that clear enough??

UCLA doesn't even have that option, only University of Illinois has it.... 2 have just normal MSN but one of the schools (WIU) he got admit from doesn't even offer Graduate degree in Nursing....

So reckless, pick your lies wisely....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter Everyone

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2013

Tell your friend to defer while looking out for other programs that have funding for Spring 2014 (I believe most PhD admissions for Fall 2013 must have been concluded by now). You may call me Baba Ijebu or what not but I strongly believe there is no point paying for a PhD here even if you can afford it grin grin grin There's just too much research money out there waiting to be spent!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Happy easter to you too Kpolli, and everybody too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ms Nas:
gringringringringrin I lie?cheesy
Fall 2013 resumption will soon come now, that's when the theatrics will begin!cheesy

cant come soon enuf - i tell ya.
Imho, dont think a lot of people lie here-on; just a few isolated cases
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
kpolli: Happy Easter Everyone

Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
Bros, you shouldn't have applied to that school at first. I recall not receiving any response after emailing Prof Gustavo Larsen, who partially researches in my field,last year July.And there was a time the Chem Engring dept was looking for chairman,that was when I knew the dept is shi*tty! Its better you email POIs before applying to schools next time. Wishing you all the best.Good Night.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

Thank God you av a room now. Hope you wouldn't share room wit the married couple and their new baby oo. Abi na ground u wan sleep? Llooll i hope its near campus n other areas like grocery store and co.

Its a 2 Bdr dear....I took a room and they took a room, we share every other thing. I am happy because they are Nigerians and i have been eating 9ja food since i moved in. Its my 3rd day here and i am so impressed. I know in the future i will have to mind my own business when it comes to food but for now they are taking care of me full time. grin grin grin grin...School resumes next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2013
Yvete:

Yea, found your comment hiding in the "West End visitor parking" undecided
@Anthony: Hope you like the new place. Is there any curfew? No visitors, no girls, no loud music grin Just curious!

Boston is cool. I am living in Hyde Park. Its a peaceful environment and blacks plenty for this area. So i feel at home. However, its still cold here, Sunny at noon but cold at night and snow wey fall since 2 days never melt finish. I can receive visitors now, but no loud music, I just bought a bicycle set wey i dey use go store come back shap shape...+ its close to the bus top, one bus to Orange T then a train to my school. $4 will take me to ma school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.