Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,036 members, 7,866,921 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (490119 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2013
tweetty: @apachiahopachia its 8:30pm. yeah am stoppin fr an hr or so at dubai
Aww...mine is earlier than that...guess we would still make friends on the flight. Cheers and safe trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:48am On Jun 26, 2013
Datty85: For ur passport photograph please guys go to Studio 24 and tell dem u want a US passport....they will give u a standard one dat is acceptable. It's just 800 Naira. Don't make the mistake of taking ur 2*2 passport at the embassy gate. Those guys don't know wat they are doing. There's a 100% chance that you will get denied if u go with all this roadside photographs.

Where is Studio 24?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2013
Datty85: For ur passport photograph please guys go to Studio 24 and tell dem u want a US passport....they will give u a standard one dat is acceptable. It's just 800 Naira. Don't make the mistake of taking ur 2*2 passport at the embassy gate. Those guys don't know wat they are doing. There's a 100% chance that you will get denied if u go with all this roadside photographs.

Exactly my brother.. You are soo right... I keep posting this question here about location to take the correct Passport photograpgh for US Embassy but no one responds my post here..

@Datty85 pls where is studio 24 located.. If in lagos where in lagos?

And also, how many copies will they give me for that #800 which you stated?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2013
It's 5 by 5 not 2 by 2... Make no mistakes please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2013
vivysparkles: It's 5 by 5 not 2 by 2... Make no mistakes please

It depends on the scale your are using. 5cm x 5cm or 2" x 2" (inches)
A professional photographer understands what you want if you mention it's for US embassy. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2013
lisadem:

It depends on the scale your are using. 5cm x 5cm or 2" x 2" (inches)
A professional photographer understands what you want if you mention it's for US embassy. Hope this helps.

Correct!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2013
Hello house I need your help on this;

I'm going for my Interview Next month JULY. I will like to clarify some certain issues.

1. My sponsor happens to be my Uncle and I used his company's Bank statement to procure Admission and the Bank statement has more than the Required funds for the First Year of tuition, living expenses as required by the school.

The Bank statement was printed as of October 1st 2012 to March 11, 2013.

I intend taking this Bank statement to the Embassy, hope this won't be a problem?.

As I tried getting a current Bank statement for June or July from my sponsor but all effort proved abortive..

Please am I good to Go?

And also, Since I'm going with a company's Bank statement, I have a letter of sponsorship from my Sponsor and an Employment letter from him as well.

2. Pls is it still Necessary to include a Study leave letter. If so, How is the Study leave letter written.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Please let us know if an Abuja date drops.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adelawansy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
FIZIK: Please let us know if an Abuja date drops.Thanks

sure peeps do post when appointment dates are opened.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
I'm an aspiring Harvard graduate student too o... Doctor234 pls what's the key to scaling
through the rigorous admission process? Were you interviewed? Pls how did you go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omonaijar: 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hello guys, please help:

Is it possible to pay SEVIS fee with credit card on the fmjee website, if not, can anyone recommend a reputable agent?
I've searched the forum but have not found any useful answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teeblazer: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonaijar: Hello guys, please help:

Is it possible to pay SEVIS fee with credit card on the fmjee website, if not, can anyone recommend a reputable agent?

You have not searched well...search deeper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
ferdimako:

@babsharon,Bigrfank and Others, today I did get my TOEFL Registration confirmation from ETS and it was way way lower than paying via a debit or credit card. DELETED did the magic! The registration was at a low cost with ease.He uses the other uncommon option. Please anybody who wants, can get to him! Justwise and other moderators should allow him help others. He's not a fraudster and this is not a fraud or advert.I think improper explanations were the problem and hence the disbelief. See my attached file,I will put in his cash tomorrow morning.

How would you say someone who charges you lesser than the actual examination fee is genuine? All I can advise is that "it is right to do things well so that you can always remind God of His words and promises whenever you feel things are not taking the right shape".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
fittty: DELETED should be banned from nairaland. He has just put somone in a big mess!

In as much as I don't support his actions, deleting him would not stop his acts as he can register with a new ID. I think we should blame those who chose the reduced fee option since they know too well that the guy wasn't going to make up their monies on their behalf as he is not a charity organization so why use him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
doctor234: Had my interview this morning at V.I, 10.30 appointment. I was anxious as I had been refused Immigrant visa before as a 12 year old. I was also going it with a substantial amount of loan from the school and a little scholarship, no personsal or family funding!
Inteview went like------

Me (with a well practiced smile):- Good morning madam
VO:- Hello good morning. Could you pass your documents?
Me:- Here they are. She suddenly starts scrolling through the computer for what looked like eternity and I was scared she was checking the details of the previous application.
Vo:- So what are you going to do in the US
Me:- To pursue a masters degree in Public health at Harvard University
Vo:- That's good. so why Public Health.
Me:- (I smiled as I had memorised one answer I saw on nairaland) It is the science and art of preventing disease, blah blah. As a Doctor I dont want to cure patients alone, I want to help in disease prevention in Nigeria blah blah
Vo:- (Lookin impressed with my last answer) So how did you come across the school?
Me:- I did a lot of my research on the internet and also my school professor (the dean of public health) who is also my mentor helped in finding the right schools (formatting!!!)
Vo:- did you apply to any other schools
Me:- Yes I did, Was accepted at John Hopkins, Emory, UNC, Harvard
Vo:- So how did you choose, never mind, ( with a wide grin! ) I guess you chose the best school
Me:- (Smiling back) Yes, I did
Vo:- Did you write GRE
Me:- I wrote GRE (Trying to bring it out)
Vo:- Dont worry, I dont need it. So how do you intend to pay for your school fees (packing my documents together)
Me:- I got full funding from the university in forms of loans and scholarship
Vo:- (Picking the popular white paper I've been hoping to get) You can pick up your visa and other documents at Ikeja on friday.
Me:- Thank you ma
Vo:- You're welcome. Have fun at Harvard!
I packed my sack of documents and left ( Of all the people that came today I probably brought the biggest load of documents because of my past denial record but wasnt ask for any except the regular 4/5)
I heaved a sigh of relief and said Thank you Jesus.

Lessons learned:
1) God's time is the best, keep comitting your plans to him, if you are meant to travel out, you'll go at the right time. If not try and make sense in 9ja
2) There is a bias towards Popular and highly ranked schools, even though they wont admit it, pls choose your schools wisely
3) If you're computer literate, dont use an agent for your school runs and application process, learn on the job with the help of anybody that has gone through the process. A guy didnt even know abt the sevis receipt because agent just pack everything give am! ( He was denied, reasons unknown though)
4) Prepare for the interview, nairaland was very helpful. There wasnt a question asked that i hadnt prepare to answer, even the stance, the smiles, the confident look. Just give it your best, because he no easy to spend one year preapare make dem come go deny you visa in 5mins.

Dats all!!!!:-)

Congrats and have a wonderful stay in the US. I like the lessons you stated except that it is sometimes difficult to reason with such because of the environment most of us grew up where many believe traveling abroad is the pinacle of success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
I seem not to understand this whole deal about where to take passport photograph. I took mine in a business centre adjacent my street; 6copies for N300. All I did was just specify the dimensions of the passport I wanted (5cm x 5cm) or simply say you want a passport which you want to use at the US embassy. No biggy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

In as much as I don't support his actions, deleting him would not stop his acts as he can register with a new ID. I think we should blame those who chose the reduced fee option since they know too well that the guy wasn't going to make up their monies on their behalf as he is not a charity organization so why use him?

Surely he can get another ID, two of his IDs are gone already and i'm waiting for him to register another one and post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah,when did u pay? I think I will keep his money till I see my results.

If you felt he was genuine like you claimed he was, why withold his money? Besides, why would he be willing to take the risk of registering you before you make payment knowing things like this can happen? In addition, if he was that genuine, would he allow Amefrica shortchange him with N3k like he stated? Many more reasons why his ingenuity should have been questioned but it isn't for me to write.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Please do call ETS tomorrow and verify that TOEFL voucher registration thing. I since heard about it but because I was not sure about it as a trusted means of TOEFL registration, I didn't bother putting it up here on the forum for people to see. I even tried googling about it but got very little information on it.

From your post I'm getting the feeling that you've not yet paid the guy right? But he has paid for you already using his money? Am I right? Well, hold off paying him yet until you call ETS tomorrow and verify the TOEFL voucher registration means as a legal means of payment. Also find out from ETS the process involved in the voucher registration and then find out whether its the same process the guy went through when he was registering for you. When you confirm all these and the guy is clear then you can go ahead pay him.

Bigfrancis, don't you think they had an agreement earlier before the guy did the registration? I think he should go ahead and pay the guy and count it as a loss for himself. Its just my opinion though as I feel people should learn to live by their words.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
favourland: I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this forum. Your contributions and comments have greatly led to the success of my interview at the Lagos consulate office today(10:30am, window 1). It was my first and only time. Praise God. Please, let's keep up the good works in this forum. Cheers!!! smiley wink cheesy grin

Congrats and have a wonderful stay at the US. Hope we will still see you on here even in the heat of study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Datty85: For ur passport photograph please guys go to and tell dem u want a US passport....they will give u a standard one dat is acceptable. It's just 800 Naira. Don't make the mistake of taking ur 2*2 passport at the embassy gate. Those guys don't know wat they are doing. There's a 100% chance that you will get denied if u go with all this roadside photographs.

Bros, I don't have a problem with you promoting DELETED however, I have a serious challenge with the fact that you are discrediting some other people doing their business. My 1st and 2nd US Visa passports were snapped right by the side of the road beside the embassy and I got them. So what happens if one snaps at DELETED and forgets the passport at home? He or she should jog down there to resnap right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
I couldn't disagree with you more. Besides, I haven't heard of anybody getting denied cos of their passport. I saw people who had issues with some of their docs at the embassy (visa fees) and dey were given 90 mins to go and rectify it, how much more a passport photograph. I didn't take mine outside the embassy cos I reckoned it will be unnecessarily expensive. I took mine at a rundown photo studio in OGUN state and it didn't fetch me a denial.
Datty85: For ur passport photograph please guys go to and tell dem u want a US passport....they will give u a standard one dat is acceptable. It's just 800 Naira. Don't make the mistake of taking ur 2*2 passport at the embassy gate. Those guys don't know wat they are doing. There's a 100% chance that you will get denied if u go with all this roadside photographs.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

If you felt he was genuine like you claimed he was, why withold his money? Besides, why would he be willing to take the risk of registering you before you make payment knowing things like this can happen? In addition, if he was that genuine, would he allow Amefrica shortchange him with N3k like he stated? Many more reasons why his ingenuity should have been questioned but it isn't for me to write.

I rang ETS today and they confirmed the source and payment. The source is not meant for my consumption. I insisted more so that I'll be sure my results will be available to me after testing and they said yes after 14 days. So I have paid the guy his cash. I hope everything goes well because two lower-tuition schools in Australia are waiting for it. 20 or above at all bands are all I need now. I'm so comfortable taking iBT TOEFL.I am in a good stead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
annoymous: I couldn't disagree with you more. Besides, I haven't heard of anybody getting denied cos of their passport. I saw people who had issues with some of their docs at the embassy (visa fees) and dey were given 90 mins to go and rectify it, how much more a passport photograph. I didn't take mine outside the embassy cos I reckoned it will be unnecessarily expensive. I took mine at a rundown photo studio in OGUN state and it didn't fetch me a denial.

The passport I got the visa with in 2012 was taken in 2004. The lady noticed but she has no choice than to let me be. undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Datty85

Please stop your promotion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
ferdimako:

I rang ETS today and they confirmed the source and payment. The source is not meant for my consumption. I insisted more so that I'll be sure my results will be available to me after testing and they said yes after 14 days. So I have paid the guy his cash. I hope everything goes well because two lower-tuition schools in Australia are waiting for it. 20 or above at all bands are all I need now. I'm so comfortable taking iBT TOEFL.I am in a good stead.

Don't worry you sure will ace the exam. It isn't difficult and it is the everyday english we speak and write.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
omonaijar: Hello guys, please help:

You cant pay SEVIS fee from Nigeria here even with a credit card. You can either ask someone outside the country to help you, go to Ecobank Cotonou (where I paid mine) All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
justwise: @Datty85

Please stop your promotion.
@ just wise: wat promotion? Do I work at DELETED? Am just giving my own advice...dats my opinion wats wrong wit dat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by agadamich: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
Any Info people concerning booking a visa interview appointment because i have done all due processes but cant find any visa interview slot from now till 2015.
should i still be expecting or i should try the expedited option because the school am applying to opens in August 21 2013.
i have been refused a visa before, so i dont think i qualify for the expedited option.
thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
jimtosam:

I have a friend their..What do you need to know about the school?
sent you email bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.