Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,500 members, 7,854,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489586 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Morris, Pls drop your email. I have something to ask you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
I-20 refused to come. Don't know the liar here.....maybe my university or DHL. About cancelling my appointment. Soo soooo painful. Can't imagine paying another cash to book a new far date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
valentijay: I-20 refused to come. Don't know the liar here.....maybe my university or DHL. About cancelling my appointment. Soo soooo painful. Can't imagine paying another cash to book a new far date

You should have a tracking number if its with DHL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please whoever has a Sample or Format of Letter of Employment and Study leave Letter, Should pls send to my email.

My email - simon_maybach@yahoo.com. Please Notify me here if you have sent it to my mail so that I can quickly check..

Please guys I need it Asap.. Abeg...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Please whoever has a Sample or Format of Letter of Employment and Study leave Letter, Should pls send to my email.

My email - simon_maybach@yahoo.com. Please Notify me here if you have sent it to my mail so that I can quickly check..

google is your best friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
@bigfrancis21 and every other guruz in the house here is how my interview section was last year November,im trying to book appointment for nxt month, pls i need help. God bless you all.

Vo:Hello Goodmorning she said with a huge smiles
Me: Goodmorning ma and how are you today i replied smiling as well.
Vo: I am good,Please ur documents,
Me: I handed them over and she was busy for few minutes at same time watching me.
Vo: Where do you stay?
Me: Lagos
Vo: why didn't you apply your interview in our lagos branch?
Me: i couldn't get appointment date in time ma.
Vo: why do you want to study abroad?
Me: Because i understand education goes beyond the borders of my country and also appreciate the importance of acquiring a world class degree and the need to interact with international professionals in their various fields,its basically beneficial.
Vo: what are you doing now?
Me: I just finished my IT few months ago and im presently working in my dads company
Vo: what did study?
Me: i studied business administration.
Vo: what school and level?
Me: Lagos state polythenic and ND holder, handed her my school documents.
Vo: she checked and jotted somethings then handed it back to me, did you take sat?
Me: No ma,
Vo: why
Me: because it wasnt required by kansas state university for international student
Vo: Ok ,What course are you going to study?
Me: Financial management.
Vo: but it says here in i-20 general studies?
Me: well yes general studies is my dept while financial management is the course im going for.
Vo: Ok how many courses does the school have?
Me: Was a bit confused cos it came un expected, but then i said 7.
Vo: could name them please?
Me: i can't remember ma
Vo: Ok,why do you want to study financial management.
Me: well the global world today is basically about business, so i have decided to study fm to get more skills in business,moreso so we run a family business and during the years i have developed special interest in business and management,again financial management courses gives student a good grounding to all economics area, these means that after comletin your courses and you found management not suitable, one still have a good platform in finance and economics to fall back on.
VO: ok,so what school are going for?
Me: Kansas state university
Vo: how did find out about the school,
Me: My Lecturer back in school Mr so so so who is like a mentor to me and a very close friend of my father helped me in finding the school.
Vo: So did you check other school?
Me; Just one.
VO: So any relatives in the US?
Me: No ma'am
Vo: Who is ur sponsor?
Me: My father and handed her letter of sponsorship and bank statement.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He is into hotel(he is an hotelia)
Vo: Is it a 5star hotel?
Me: No ma just normal standard hotel for lodging and accommodation.
Vo: is it a family business?
Me: yes ma
Vo: After consulting with her mates then she handed me a small note stating that i did not demonstrate strong ties outside the us, am sorry
Me: No problem ma thanks.
Please help me people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
agadamich: Any Info people concerning booking a visa interview appointment because i have done all due processes but cant find any visa interview slot from now till 2015.
should i still be expecting or i should try the expedited option because the school am applying to opens in August 21 2013.
i have been refused a visa before, so i dont think i qualify for the expedited option.
thanks all

Wait till Friday morning dates will pop up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
WildChild00:

google is your best friend.

I have searched Google and can't find a Suitable One..

Please Someone should help me out here.. Abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
St.Frank:
@bigfrancis21 and every other guruz in the house here is how my interview section was last year November,im trying to book appointment for nxt month, pls i need help. God bless you all.

Me: I handed them over and she was busy for few minutes at same time watching me.
Me: Because i understand education goes beyond the borders of my country and also appreciate the importance of acquiring a world class degree and the need to interact with international professionals in their various fields,its basically beneficial.
Me: I just finished my IT few months ago and im presently working in my dads company
Vo: she checked and jotted somethings then handed it back to me, did you take sat?
Me: because it wasnt required by kansas state university for international student
Me: well yes general studies is my dept while financial management is the course im going for.
Me: well the global world today is basically about business, so i have decided to study fm to get more skills in business,moreso so we run a family business and during the years i have developed special interest in business and management,again financial management courses gives student a good grounding to all economics area, these means that after comletin your courses and you found management not suitable, one still have a good platform in finance and economics to fall back on.
Me: My Lecturer back in school Mr so so so who is like a mentor to me and a very close friend of my father helped me in finding the school.
Me; Just one.
Vo: After consulting with her mates then she handed me a small note stating that i did not demonstrate strong ties outside the us, am sorry
Please help me people.
Your interview went well. You have been there and I believe now you should have made a lot of improvement. You should know where questions can come from if you do a self assessment of your profile, and you should know the best answers to give. If a v.o consults his/her colleague, that means you have tried. Show strong capability of sponsor and strong ties to your home. God help you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
@St. Frank, actually your interview was okay but difficult to pin-point your flaws. To me, i think your choice of your words were really a drawback, making your dad's business sound like a kindergarten. Native speakers often pay to attention to words. I could help you revolutionize your use of English but the problem is " I'm so busy". Hotel business is very lucrative! In a nutshell, you tried your best! Do not lose hope!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
valentijay: I-20 refused to come. Don't know the liar here.....maybe my university or DHL. About cancelling my appointment. Soo soooo painful. Can't imagine paying another cash to book a new far date

have you cancel your appointment cos i need a date for month of july maybe you could be of help while i use your date.. I mean you cancel and immediately i login in to pick your date.. pls help me and my number is 08027559449 or email me.. send text cos it will be faster
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adewale3342: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
If a F 1 visa is granted would the embassy also withold I-20 to process visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
St franck ur interview was nt bad, ill advice at least to take a standardize test, and look for a tangeable response to nail to those yeye VO concerning your sponsor dont come arround with stories something like family business, my father is an hotelier,

i hope with this you re ok, go get ur visa brekete

BABA BIGFRANCIS THIS POST IS YOURS ADD YOUR OWN OPINION,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2013

Me; Just one.
Please help me people.[/quote]

I think u can modify as follows:
A mentor(lecturer) in that area of specialization recommended the school,then you did an internet search to check the ranking and learn more about it.(usnews.com).
you cannot say you applied to one school, at least 3, with 2 accepts.
You can say your dad is into hotel management, and if asked about the star, at least say 3 star(and research the facilities needed in such).never sell yourself short.

Above all read this thread from page 1 to the end.
Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by adewale3342: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
If a F 1 visa is granted would the embassy also withold I-20 along with passport to process visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Please whoever has a Sample or Format of Letter of Employment and Study leave Letter, Should pls send to my email.

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
babsharon:

Sent

@Babsharon, thank you so much bro..

I just checked my mail Now and you sent me an Affidavit of Support..

I'm looking for a Sample or Format of Letter of EMPLOYMENT and Study LEAVE letter.

Please bro, if you have it SEND to me.. Thnx. Alot ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonymeskere(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Guys abeg make una holla me if una see any date oooooooooo. I don tired of keeping vigil to get a date for my interview ooooooo. I strongly belief that nairalanders will assist.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
thanks alot fitty nd don bee.....
my decision is to schedule an appointment as soon as possible, so i ask , if i pay the 24,600 do i still need the servis payment and the ds-160 ? thanks nd peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
babsharon:

Sent

Babsharon, U got mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Walspring:

have you cancel your appointment cos i need a date for month of july maybe you could be of help while i use your date.. I mean you cancel and immediately i login in to pick your date.. pls help me and my number is 08027559449 or email me.. send text cos it will be faster

Replied ur mail bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
nomso27: thanks alot fitty nd don bee.....
my decision is to schedule an appointment as soon as possible, so i ask , if i pay the 24,600 do i still need the servis payment and the ds-160 ? thanks nd peace

Of course, You need to pay the SEVIS and fill the DS-160 form... These two are very important!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
olarwarlay:

Babsharon, U got mail.

Okay sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

@Babsharon, thank you so much bro..

I just checked my mail Now and you sent me an Affidavit of Support..

I'm looking for a Sample or Format of Letter of EMPLOYMENT and Study LEAVE letter.

Please bro, if you have it SEND to me.. Thnx. Alot ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
agadamich: Any Info people concerning booking a visa interview appointment because i have done all due processes but cant find any visa interview slot from now till 2015.
should i still be expecting or i should try the expedited option because the school am applying to opens in August 21 2013.
i have been refused a visa before, so i dont think i qualify for the expedited option.
thanks all

The word is...keep checking back. Dates MUST surely pop up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2013

No, if you cancel your interview date, you wouldn't have to pay another visa fee to reschedule. So far as you've not been interviewed at the embassy, your visa fee payment is still valid and its valid for 1 year. Meaning you can use it anytime between now and next year, june.

It becomes used once you attend the interview irrespective of whether you were denied or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentijay: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

No, if you cancel your interview date, you wouldn't have to pay another visa fee to reschedule. So far as you've not been interviewed at the embassy, your visa fee payment is still valid and its valid for 1 year. Meaning you can use it anytime between now and next year, june.

It becomes used once you attend the interview irrespective of whether you were denied or not.
Its not even responding. The response I get when I tried cancelling the interview just now is "you cannot cancel your appointment at this time." Maybe because the time is short cos the interview is meant to be tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hello house I need your help on this;

I'm going for my Interview Next month JULY. I will
like to clarify some certain issues.

1. My sponsor happens to be my Uncle and I used
his company's Bank statement to procure Admission and the Bank statement has more than
the Required funds for the First Year of tuition, living
expenses as required by the school.

The Bank statement was printed as of October 1st
2012 to March 11, 2013.

I intend taking this Bank statement to the Embassy,
hope this won't be a problem?.

As I tried getting a current Bank statement for June
or July from my sponsor but all effort proved
abortive..

Please am I good to Go?

And also, Since I'm going with a company's Bank
statement, I have a letter of sponsorship from my
Sponsor and an Employment letter from him as well.

2. Pls is it still Necessary to include a Study leave
letter. If so, How is the Study leave letter written.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hi Room,

Is there anyone here who wants to cancel his/her appointment for the month of July for some reason? please let me know so that i can quickly pick the date for myself.. kindly contact me via phone cos it will be faster 08027559449.

Thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
St.Frank:

Me; Just one.

Please help me people.

All the bolded above are the mistakes you made. I'll explain further.

1) First bolded: you didn't write any standardized test. And the reason you gave for it was inappropriate. The VOs know very well that not all universities in their home country do ask for SAT/GRE/TOEFL/GMAT for admission. Yet these VOs keep asking every student for a standardized exam. Why do you think this is so? The VOs have been trained to infer that any student who takes pains to register, read and write any standardized test is a serious student, irrespective of whether his/her school requires it or not. That is how they've been trained and they do just that. Please, to you and other members in the house, if your school didn't require any standardized exam for admission, please write at least TOEF or SAT (for UG) or TOEFL or GRE/GMAT (for post graduate). Write, at least, one standardized exam! It indicates your seriousness to study. If you're running away from writing a standardized exam, how else can you prove to the VO that you're a serious student??

If you must not write any standardized exam, come up with cogent reasons why you didn't write any. The usual my-school-did-not-require-it reason is a useless reason and will fail to work for you flatly as you'd see during the interview. Reasons such as, 'I took A level courses at so-university (if going for UG) and because of my performance my school waived the SAT requirement' is an excellent reason to give. For masters, saying that 'I did some post graduate courses in my proposed master's field for 6/12months at yyy university and because of my performance my school waived the GRE/GMAT for me' is a better reason to give. If you're banking on getting an exemption letter from your school saying they did not ask you for TOEFL/SAT/GRE etc and presenting it to the VO as your alibi, I'm sorry for you. You're heading for denial.

2) That was another error you made during your interview. Your mentioned course of study differed from what was on the I-20 and this also served to impress on the VO that you're not a serious student and that your actual intent of going to America is not to study but to escape the country. In other words, you're a potential immigrant. In your next interview, mention exactly what's written on your I-20, for consistency's sake.

3) You made another big mistake there by mentioning you applied to only one school. Mentioning you applied only to one school is a big no-no to the VOs. They've been trained to infer that students who applied to only one school are unserious but applying to as many as 3/4/5 schools indicates that the student is serious about studying. I'm sorry, but that's how they've been trained. And to get your visa, you'll have to dance to their music. In your next interview, when asked this question you mention you applied to 3 or 4 universities. The next question will be your number of accepts and rejects, please mention 2 accepts 1 reject (if 3 is the total) or 3 accepts 1 reject (if 4 is the total). They believe that if you have more accepts than rejects you're academically good to have landed all those accepts. Come up with your imaginary list of 3 or 4 schools, including this one you're going to. The VOs have no way of knowing if your list of schools is true or not and they usually don't bother to check.

4) And lastly, you mentioned family business. You made a mistake there. You would have mentioned it was your father's personal business. Mentioning family business means the whole family is dependent on it and that means that the whole business profit will be used up by all the family members dependent on it, thus invalidating the capability of sponsoring your foreign study which consumes lot of cash. My opinion is next time, mention that the business is your father's private business.

You did well in the other parts of your interview. Please before going back for your next interview, make sure you go through this thread well and read it thoroughly. Lots of interview tips have been laid out here and there. The only sacrifice on your part is to read and pick them up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
valentijay:
Its not even responding. The response I get when I tried cancelling the interview just now is "you cannot cancel your appointment at this time." Maybe because the time is short cos the interview is meant to be tomorrow

If that's the case then simply don't attend the interview tomorrow. The US embassy law permits an applicant who misses his/her interview to reschedule to another date free of charge without penalty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.