Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487715 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
WellLady20+:

As per d experience, the first, I didn't spend up to 5mins with d VO, a lady. She denied almost everybody so not surprised. The second, a guy, I messed up there. The third, I was so close to it . In fact, I thought this lady will grant me but in d last min, she denied me but kinda apologetically. My prob is just that I hope my denial is not due to the info for the dv different from what I filled in now.

What's the name of the school you applied to? Did you take any standardized test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
@WellLady20+: You will be doing yourself great favour if you can take you time, reconstruct how all the interviews went.

There might be some other hidden flaws causing the denials and not cuz of your participation in the visa lottery.

All da best

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nextexcel: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Justwise pleas i want to contact u pleas i will aprishieat ur candid response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rogermich2013: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
will caused you denied because u seems to be desperate which the consular will read from you when you go for interview.
which visa category do you want?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chikeziedan: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
roger_mich2013: will caused you denied because u seems to be desperate which the consular will read from you when you go for interview.
which visa category do you want?

please house a friend of myn in this forum was denied a visa so he felt maybe it could be because he applied for a bible institute in texas. please is A bible institute a deadlock?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by rogermich2013: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Your application filled during your DV lottery has nothing to do with your F-1 visa denied.just examine yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kelvinmitchell1: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls i will like to know the requirement to apply for student visa and visiting visa to usa,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by osram(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Policewoman: Please how do i get a U.S Visa, sharp sharp?
THIS IS THE DERAILING IMPERIOUX WAS TALKN ABOUT...#Grow up policewoman#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
We don't talk about visiting visa here but as the name implies, it's VISA for visitation. Someone/organization must invite you. It visitation must be on purpose (greetings, conference, holiday, etc).

About student visa: you need to apply to a school, get admission and book appointment at US embassy for VISA interview.

Search schools
Meet up their requirements e.g exams(toefl/GRE) score
apply
get admission
go to embassy with ur admission letter and I-20 (given by ur schl), financial docs, academics docs, and any other docs to support ur return.
get ur VISA

I guess it's very simple !!!

kelvinmitchell1: Pls i will like to know the requirement to apply for student visa and visiting visa to usa,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
osram: THIS IS THE DERAILING IMPERIOUX WAS TALKN ABOUT...#Grow up policewoman#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WellLady20(f): 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
roger_mich2013: Your application filled during your DV lottery has nothing to do with your F-1 visa denied.just examine yourself

Ok, thanks! This is exactly what I wanna know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
chikeziedan:

please house a friend of myn in this forum was denied a visa so he felt maybe it could be because he applied for a bible institute in texas. please is A bible institute a deadlock?

[size=13pt]Y[/size] [size=17pt]E[/size] [size=22pt]S![/size]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chris407: 12:13am On Jul 14, 2013
H
Edman2012: please house, i need someone to help with a very cheap hotel in abuja that's very close to the US Embassy. THANKS.

New Rendeezvous Hotel, plot 188 makeni street zone 6, abuja. It's N5200 per night, and about N300 cab to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dboy365: 1:06am On Jul 14, 2013
jimtosam: We don't talk about visiting visa here but as the name implies, it's VISA for visitation. Someone/organization must invite you. It visitation must be on purpose (greetings, conference, holiday, etc).

About student visa: you need to apply to a school, get admission and book appointment at US embassy for VISA interview.

Search schools
Meet up their requirements e.g exams(toefl/GRE) score
apply
get admission
go to embassy with ur admission letter and I-20 (given by ur schl), financial docs, academics docs, and any other docs to support ur return.
get ur VISA

I guess it's very simple !!!

Simple as ABC. Thanks for posting this!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chikeziedan: 1:22am On Jul 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

please i need some explanations as to reasons why its a no go area plsss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obiomachris: 1:32am On Jul 14, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Community colleges are like what colleges of education are to Universities in Nigeria. Community Colleges are mini forms of universities with lesser duration of academic study length. They are usually cheaper than universities in costs. They are not full fledged universities and on graduation they give you associate bachelor's degrees, not the usual bachelor's degree. The visa officers don't see prospective applicants to community colleges as being academically serious when they (the VOs) feel that you should have applied to a university instead.

how about a bible institute. what do you think about that one.is it also the same with community colleges? pls reply as soon as you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 1:51am On Jul 14, 2013
Lagos appointment available for 7th of Aug

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Edman2012(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2013
Chris407: H

New Rendeezvous Hotel, plot 188 makeni street zone 6, abuja. It's N5200 per night, and about N300 cab to the embassy.

Thanks! Thats nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2013
obiomachris:

how about a bible institute. what do you think about that one.is it also the same with community colleges? pls reply as soon as you can

Bible institutes are considered the same as community colleges by the VOs. To stand a better chance of getting your visa, apply to a university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by donchiks4u: 7:49am On Jul 14, 2013
Pls I would lik to know how to apply for USA visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2013
Lagos appointment date available for 7 of August!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nextexcel: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2013
Bigfrances pls i will like to give u a call today,u can foward ur number to my mail @ ezeorahexcel@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2013
@Seunbunmi - I see You bro, send Me an email joor.

Abi U no go gist Me about ur trip?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2013
next excel: Bigfrances pls i will like to give u a call today,u can foward ur number to my mail @ ezeorahexcel@gmail.com

You can email me at beaudefrax@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2013
cheesy cheesy Imperiouxx!!! Don't kee person wit laugh @ all dem smileys. LMAO!!!

Thread gone Hawt! Lol
imperiouxx:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Ishowdels(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
sholay2011: Hello. I would be writing my GRE next month. I studied Agricultural Economics in school and would like to continue on this path for Masters or at worst, Economics. I have chosen Purdue University, Indiana. Hope say na corekt skul? Other nice suggestions of universities are welcome please
Did u graduate from ife?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2013
zynnnie: Hi,
please what is the implication of booking expedient visa appointment. I got august 1st and my school resumes 5th, i asked for expedient date and it was approved, now i have 17th July. Will it be to my own disadvantage.
Again am still confused about the affidavit o sponsor. I already have my admission letter. Is d affidavit needed in d embassy.
Thank u

Thank say u see the system say a name with my name has been registerd I hav not see date since lstwk and I am planing to call them on monday so go to high court they will do it 4u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Ishowdels:
Did u graduate from ife?

Yes St Johns University
Maryland University
University District Of Columbia
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
bigfrancis021:

Bible institutes are considered the same as community colleges by the VOs. To stand a better chance of getting your visa, apply to a university.

Hello friend some one told me geting admission into Community college that VO will not giv visa or else its college or university and am surprise to hear that so anyone who some tin say shud comment on time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ogbestand: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2013
dboy365:
Simple as ABC. Thanks for posting this!
Hi I'm a graduate that got admitted to University of akron to study computer science at the master's level..my visa interview is in 8days time.I would lik to know if there is any one who can help me get possible answers to questions they ask.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Ishowdels:
Did u graduate from ife?
Yes. How you take know? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.