Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
Chris407:
I'm an undergraduate tho
Ur good to go then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chris407: 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
fadinus:
Ur good to go then.

Thanks so much, you and the house shouldn't forget to keep praying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

@olarwarlay,

Sup my brother? Doing last updates to your babe(s) yet?

Hahahahahahaha, last updates kena.... My brother, no be small thing ooo.

**Esin o gba mi laye iru e ooo**cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jimtosam: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Chris407: Dear fellow nairaland members, my interview will come up on the 17th of this month in Abuja I'm a little bit nervous of the result because this will be my second trial. Pleaseeee evryone any avise and update pleaseeeeee keep the prayers up!!! #Teamnairaland#m

Have you corrected your last mistakes? I mean, do you know why you are denied and have u rectified the problem(s)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by akay48(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Kudos to all the guyz helping here...I'm planning to have my computer science undergrad study in the U.S...What are the requirements in terms of papers, docs and around what cost should I prepare...also I'd like to know how feasible the idea is. Thanks fellas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
zynnnie: Hi,
I got admission to study human resource management for masters in Troy university Alabama.how good/bad is d school. I applied based on friends recommendation

Troy University, AL
I must confess, its a cool school. Its a public university located in a city called Troy in the state of AL. Its ranked among the top 5 universities in AL, close-ranking with the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Just like an average public institution in the US, I once applied there though, but didn't get what I wanted.
So don't be scared about it being a red flag.

Best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Chris407:

Thanks so much, you and the house shouldn't forget to keep praying
We will...,make sure u do too...success is uas already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
akay_47: Kudos to all the guyz helping here...I'm planning to have my computer science undergrad study in the U.S...What are the requirements in terms of papers, docs and around what cost should I prepare...also I'd like to know how feasible the idea is. Thanks fellas.

Google search schools that offer your chosen course. Check their requirements. Then short list a number of schools that are closer to your area of study & availability of financial aids/scholarships/grants or any other form of waivers, Check school's rankings (it must not be an ivy league school) also consider school's location, cost of living, weather conditions. DO NOT apply to a community college.

Mail the schools and meet all application deadlines, take the standardized tests. TOEFL/SAT for undergrad and GMAT/GRE for graduate studies. When you are accepted into the school, you'll be requested to submit some financial documents, proof that student has financial support with or without assistance from the school. When you meet all requirements, an I-20 form(Admission letter) will be mailed to you.

Pay a $200 SEVIS fee at any ECOBank in Cotonou or Seme border or If you have anyone abroad, the person can pay through Western Union for you. NB: You'll need the receipt for your interview so, be mindful.
Visit the US embassy website to fill an online application DS-160 form

Visit any GTBank to pay $160 F-1 visa application fee. You'll be issued an MRV receipt. With all these things done, visit the US embassy website and schedule a visa interview appointment. And most especially while doing all these, read through this thread

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
olarwarlay:

Hahahahahahaha, last updates kena.... My brother, no be small thing ooo.

**Esin o gba mi laye iru e ooo**cheesy cheesy

That's good of you.

PM me whenever I may be of help to you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Seunbunmi:

cheesy Check your gmail bro! Finally landed Obamaland grin Emirates airline so on point, arrived earlier than the schedule time.
But Yankie far o Thank God for journey mercy! Wishing everyone coming soon a safe trip too...Oga Imperiouxx I dey hail o smiley
Thank God for d safe trip! M cumin wif emirates in a weeks time...bro what was ur port of entry experience like? What documents wia requested for and hope d immigration peeps ddnt delay u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
dkgetmuny: .
Thank God for d safe trip! M cumin wif emirates in a weeks time...bro what was ur port of entry experience like? What documents wia requested for and hope d immigration peeps ddnt delay u
It was easy! I was just asked of my i20 n wen my skool was resuming, that was all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
Learning!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Seunbunmi:
It was easy! I was just asked of my i20 n wen my skool was resuming, that was all
U flew to JFK I guess plus was dat ur final destination or u had to connect else wia...pls what's d baggage policy of emirate like as regards carryons...will dey allow a laptop bag plus a roller bag togeda as a carry on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Can someone tell me any other possible ways/means to show or tell VO that you have a strong home tie.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nomso27(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Men.. Pages are filling up so fast nowadays o!

Bigfarancis and co........ . ....i salute!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adroitbabz: 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
walako: Hi members,

Pls I would like to find out,what is the meaning of rolling admission and also I am applying to a school called UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY in OHIO.can u guyz pls advise me,hw good or bad it is..need urgent answers pls members

Thank you all

I tink dz lil info will help, a frnd got a mail frm Uni of Finlay notifyin him of bn admitted bt ws asked to pay part of d tuition as a nigerian b4 dey will ship his I-20........Al d best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Kehinde Oseni: good day house
I have my visa appointment slated for next Friday, 19th July, 2013 and was only able to pay my SEVIS fee yesterday through a friend in US. I hope I can print out my SEVIS fee payment receipt online before Friday. What's your advice please! undecided

Man u can print it if ur friend pay with mastercard or n western union is 3days money order is 2day after received so so check is sharply

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Adroitbabz:

I tink dz lil info will help, a frnd got a mail frm Uni of Finlay notifyin him of bn admitted bt ws asked to pay part of d tuition as a nigerian b4 dey will ship his I-20........Al d best!

Hmm no school in US will take advance only in Europe and becareful don't send money if not confirm email of school throUgh website pls bkiaful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Seunbunmi:

@ seunbunmi please I pray my interview come easy as urs ooo congrat 4ur visa hw much did u buy ur tkt cause my school resumme in Aug 8
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walako: 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Rolling admission is a policy used by many colleges to admit freshmen to undergraduate programs. Many law schools in the United States also have rolling admissions policies.[1] Under rolling admission, candidates are invited to submit their applications to the university anytime within a large window. The window is usually over six months long, and some schools do not have a previously specified end date (the window simply closes when all spots are filled). The university will then review the application and notify the applicant of their decision within a few weeks from submission.

It's one of your friends: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_admission

The school is manageable like most private schools. Though they have few courses at grad level and the cost will be on a higher side.

Hope you know what you're about investing on.

Are you seeking grad or undergrad there?

Undergrad in sports and event management.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thread is filling up fast.. smiley Great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Edman2012(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
risher ris: Simple discription.when you get to abuja,get down at airport junction then enter a car going to lugbe, think its just about 150naira alight at car wash and take a bike to bekeji.that's all.can give you the managers mobile number,she is a nice lady.then the next morning, take a bike back to car wash and enter a car going to area 10,make sure u ask the driver cos a few of them don't know.tel him you will alight at ministry of defence junction.that all,I bet you just ask a single person where american embassy is,the person will point it to you.drop your email.the hotel is secured,just a few blocks from my house

sorry can u help me with the contact of the hotel. Seem reasonable compare to those one i found. My email is gbenga_edo@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2013
Seunbunmi:

cheesy Check your gmail bro! Finally landed Obamaland grin Emirates airline so on point, arrived earlier than the schedule time.
But Yankie far o Thank God for journey mercy! Wishing everyone coming soon a safe trip too...Oga Imperiouxx I dey hail o smiley

Saying twale sir to my Texan Seunbunmi!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 2:28am On Jul 15, 2013
bigfrancis021:

Your admission letter of last year and your new I-20 are good to go. However, going with a SAT/TOEFL waiver letter covering your not writing any standardized test will NOT suffice at the embassy. As you did not write any, you'll have to come up with a very cogent reason for not writing any test. The usual my-school-waived-it-for-me alibi will fail to work for you at the interview. Instead say that, 'my SS3 subjects in my high-school transcripts and my SSCE were evaluated and because of my excellent performance in them since SS3 subjects are the core subjects, my department waived the SAT for me'.

Finally, remember, articulate and post your two previous interview experiences for the house to review.

Thanks for the response,As at now i already did the TOEFL Exam but my score is somehow low,but i am hoping on GOD on making another MOVE to the embassy for another interview Maybe something Good will come out this time around,But i will just say exactly what you have just Said now when the VO ask if i had the SAT,Thank you so much i really appreciate....

Here is how my Previous interview went----the first and the second one

Me---Goodmorning sir.
VO.MORNING,pass your passport and application form
Me-- i passed them\(But to be sincere i was seriously shaking so scared}
VO--Why are you going to the US
Me--To Study
VO---DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME--NO
VO--what is the name of your school and why did you choose this school?
me--i was saying Totally rubbish,all because i was scared then,i forgot all i have practiced at home,i was telling him about my skool when he is asking me what is the name of my skool and why did you choose this skool?
VO---So you are going to the skool because u like the skool or what?And he didnt let me say anything again and pass back my documents and i left in a very bad mood nd i was sick all of that day.....That was how the first one went

The second interview...i almost GOT MY VISA HERE THO
ME----GoodMorning ma,with a smile
VO--Morning,pass me your passport and application form with a pretty smile
me--i passed them
VO--why did you choose this skool?
ME----i choose this particular university because of the good instinct moral they pass to their student and the praticals they do on a daily Basics in my program .
VO--Who is sponsoring you?
Me---MY MUM
VO--WHAT DOES SHE DO?
ME--SHE IS A BUSINESS WOMAN,SHE HAVE A WAREHOUSE COMPANY WHERE SHE SUPPLY,SALE AND DISTRIBUTE OF ASSORTED DRINKS AND ALSO TRAVEL ABROAD TO BUY GOOD LIKE BAGS,SHOES AND GOLDS AND SELL BACK HERE IN NIGERIA.
VO--Okay and she was looking at her system,she already had my passport with her...she is about to tear Ticket for me and we are both silent. and went like this again
VO----DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME---NO I DONT
VO--KAY
ME---PRAYING INSIDE ME AGAIN AND SHAKING
VO--AM sorry i wont be able to grant your visa and pass back my documents.
me---crying and went out

PLEASE HOUSE HELP ME WITH ANY POSSIBLE QUESTION THAT MAY LIKELY COME OUT AND PLS PRAY FOR ME OOOO AS I AM GETTING TIRED ALREADY---MY MUM IS ALMOST TIRED OF ALL THE REFUSAL SHIT...AM SO SAD..I HOPE THIS 3RD INTERVIEW I WILL SHARE A VERY GOOD NEWS TO YOU ALL...EEDRID
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 4:33am On Jul 15, 2013
Shout out to all those going for their Interview this week. I wish U(s) SUCCESS in Jesus' name. There shall be only positive stories (testimonies) this week. I shall come back to share mine on Wednesday! smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:42am On Jul 15, 2013
omg_star: Shout out to all those going for their Interview this week. I wish U(s) SUCCESS in Jesus' name. There shall be only positive stories (testimonies) this week. I shall come back to share mine on Wednesday! smiley

AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!! in JESUS name....

You all are favored!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2013
This is the week that the lord has made,i'l b glad n rejoice in it,my prayer for all of us having interview this week s that we'l rejoice n b glad cos good news is coming our way n we r going 2 flood dis forum wt gd news,no denial 4us, God's favor wil speak 4us n whateva mistake dat ought to delay us'l work out success 4 us, Having mine on 17th in lag,leaving for lasgidi dis mrng,i luk forward to see my fellow Nldrs dt day wit success.Happy week for us all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by akay48(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2013
Fitty, thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2013
Visa interview in a bit...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2013
vivysparkles: Visa interview in a bit...

I wish u success in your interview...

And please go with CONFIDENCE. No fears...

The Visa is yours already so go get the Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And come share the good news with us.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2013
eedrism:

Thanks for the response,As at now i already did the TOEFL Exam but my score is somehow low,but i am hoping on GOD on making another MOVE to the embassy for another interview Maybe something Good will come out this time around,But i will just say exactly what you have just Said now when the VO ask if i had the SAT,Thank you so much i really appreciate....

Here is how my Previous interview went----the first and the second one

Me---Goodmorning sir.
VO.MORNING,pass your passport and application form
Me-- i passed them\(But to be sincere i was seriously shaking so scared}
VO--Why are you going to the US
Me--To Study
VO---DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME--NO
VO--what is the name of your school and why did you choose this school?
me--i was saying Totally rubbish,all because i was scared then,i forgot all i have practiced at home,i was telling him about my skool when he is asking me what is the name of my skool and why did you choose this skool?
VO---So you are going to the skool because u like the skool or what?And he didnt let me say anything again and pass back my documents and i left in a very bad mood nd i was sick all of that day.....That was how the first one went

The second interview...i almost GOT MY VISA HERE THO
ME----GoodMorning ma,with a smile
VO--Morning,pass me your passport and application form with a pretty smile
me--i passed them
VO--why did you choose this skool?
ME----i choose this particular university because of the good instinct moral they pass to their student and the praticals they do on a daily Basics in my program .
VO--Who is sponsoring you?
Me---MY MUM
VO--WHAT DOES SHE DO?
ME--SHE IS A BUSINESS WOMAN,SHE HAVE A WAREHOUSE COMPANY WHERE SHE SUPPLY,SALE AND DISTRIBUTE OF ASSORTED DRINKS AND ALSO TRAVEL ABROAD TO BUY GOOD LIKE BAGS,SHOES AND GOLDS AND SELL BACK HERE IN NIGERIA.
VO--Okay and she was looking at her system,she already had my passport with her...she is about to tear Ticket for me and we are both silent. and went like this again
VO----DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME---NO I DONT
VO--KAY
ME---PRAYING INSIDE ME AGAIN AND SHAKING
VO--AM sorry i wont be able to grant your visa and pass back my documents.
me---crying and went out

PLEASE HOUSE HELP ME WITH ANY POSSIBLE QUESTION THAT MAY LIKELY COME OUT AND PLS PRAY FOR ME OOOO AS I AM GETTING TIRED ALREADY---MY MUM IS ALMOST TIRED OF ALL THE REFUSAL SHIT...AM SO SAD..I HOPE THIS 3RD INTERVIEW I WILL SHARE A VERY GOOD NEWS TO YOU ALL...EEDRID

From your two interviews, it is very clear your not writing the SAT nailed your chances. However, go this time with what I've told you as reason for not writing the test. You'll get it this time, I assure you.

As for likely questions that might come up, start reading the interview experiences posted on this thread since may. Visa interviews have changed somewhat in recent times and are not what you've been used to. So I suggest that you read them to get familiar with the likely questions that are now asked currently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2013
joelin_sewa: Pls booking apointment on fone, hpe it does nt just apply to expediet appointment. Can I also book aswel not minding the fact that I got denied last week nd what will u take to d embassy as confirmation

Morning pals I just call the embassy for appointment but I couldn't get 4 me they say no date what's the way out anyone help aswell flight is going up some one help

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (401)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.