Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,320 members, 7,853,479 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489559 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
Find Out!:

Dude, sorry about your denial. I really feel for you.

But you were warned about this school. It almost always guarantees a denial. Plus I hope the answers you typed here were not your exact responses coz these are way too short and unconvincing for even the most lenient VO to grant you a visa.

Now, even if the VO was new and had no idea about VIU, the second bolded (that you are in school here) would have likely also fetched you a denial. I still suspect till today that this was the major reason I was denied in January 2009 (not the nonsense they ticked on that white paper) coz i did the SAT, had a pretty good score (1920/2400), got into a very decent school, got some partial scholarship AND I WAS DENIED. I did not re-apply. I shrugged my shoulders, forgot about all the painstaking efforts I put into the whole thing while combining school, continued with my undergrad, finished with a decent CGPA (very very few points short of a 2:1 tho), went for NYSC, studied for and wrote the GRE, got a pretty good score, got admission with a GA and partial tuition waiver and by God's grace i will be heading to the embassy very soon (havn't gotten a date yet) and I am confident that I WILL GET THE VISA by God's grace.

Let me also tell you that by June/July that year, some serious things happened that I was (still am) very very very grateful to God that I was in Nigeria and not the US at that time. So it turned out that the denial was a blessing in disguise! When you commit your affairs to God at inception, even if things don't work out the way you'd wished at the end, do not be bothered coz its part of His plan for you and will ultimately be to your benefit as long as you trust in Him.

I shared my story with you to encourage you based on your sad closing statements because to some extent as you can see, I've been in your shoes before. So, young man, work towards getting those grades up, make some good friends, start studying for the GRE before you go for NYSC, stay with this thread, stay informed, do all that is necessary and by God's grace, shortly after your NYSC, you'll be on your way to the US to study with your parents paying nothing more than your flight ticket and some pocket money for you.

Cheer up, get up and conquer. It is well.

Very inspiring write up. I must say that you are indeed a blessing to this thread, and although you were not referring to me, your words of encouragement are soothing. May the Lord God bless you real good. Because of your kind words, God wld grant your heart desires and you ll clinch your visa. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Amefrica: I can perceive many Minnesotans in the house.. I sight u Ricky Rozay and Orlawarlay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Amefrica: I can perceive many Minnesotans in the house.. I sight u Ricky Rozay and Orlawarlay!

Yes Boss!!!!! We getting warmed up. We heading over there straight up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Minnesota, 60% loading........... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Siga: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Yes Boss!!!!! We getting warmed up. We heading over there straight up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Minnesota, 60% loading...........
...warm up good...cos u will need it....u sure u ready for the cold?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...warm up good...cos u will need it....u sure u ready for the cold?

Really, na wetin I hear oooo. If d cold too much, na wetin go make me go dey sleep inside oven na.. cheesy

Na dt one sure pass. Lol!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is there anyone here going to Houston or UH this fall? I don't want to be alone. cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Siga: ...warm up good...cos u will need it....u sure u ready for the cold?

Yea, we know right bro (spit on d ground and watch it bounce).. It is the 4th coldest state in the US.. We wil be going with many ABONIKI lol..
#noshaking..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Siga: 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Amefrica:

Yea, we know right bro (spit on d ground and watch it bounce).. It is the 4th coldest state in the US.. We wil be going with many ABONIKI lol..
#noshaking..
...nice one... love ur spirit...enough naija boy dey there sha...and u are just by Winnipeg (Canada)...so, no yawa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
yomifowe:

Very inspiring write up. I must say that you are indeed a blessing to this thread, and although you were not referring to me, your words of encouragement are soothing. May the Lord God bless you real good. Because of your kind words, God wld grant your heart desires and you ll clinch your visa. Amen.

AAMEN! Thank you very much bro. May God grant your heart's desires too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Amefrica:

#noshaking..

Badt guy.. I dey feel u...

We gonna rep 9ja over there mehn.....

Dey gonna watch hw we Roll.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Badt guy.. I dey feel u...

We gonna rep 9ja over there mehn.....

Dey gonna watch hw we Roll.....

Na sooo.. If we feel like, we can drive 7hrs 40mins to Canada, go catch fun.. #cruising..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pls guys i need ur answers and clue.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithremmy: 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
zynnnie: Hi,
please what is the implication of booking expedient visa appointment. I got august 1st and my school resumes 5th, i asked for expedient date and it was approved, now i have 17th July. Will it be to my own disadvantage.
Again am still confused about the affidavit o sponsor. I already have my admission letter. Is d affidavit needed in d embassy.
Thank u

Abeg ooooo I no see apointment date after going on internet no way and I call them no date someone help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas:
It seems I saw you in the hall, were you putting on a dark colored shirt, interviewed by the Asian in window 1?
interviewed by the asian but wore white shirt with sky blue tie, holding suit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay: cheesy

See write up.. Sharp guy, e no even waste time self..

You for just tell us say u don fall in love na.. cheesy

Wetin we go call dis kind love - maybe we go name am - Crazy love or Mugu in love.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg oooo na joke I dey oooo. No go arrange mopo for me oooo. Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

Cheers bro..
I guess that your own definition of "Love" undecided Keep it up.
But next time, if you don't have anything good or sensible to say, why not just pass it by.
Calling someone a Mugu or whatever it is that you said is not joking, so stop displaying your childishness on a public forum!
Mscheww!! Attention seeker! undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2013

See write up.. Sharp guy, e no even waste time self.....

It will be better if you edit some of what you wrote. That's more than fun.

Relationship of whatsoever kind outside NL doesn't mean there are no girls/guys in this World Wide US.

Moreover, those you're talking of know each other long before now.

For peace, edit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by e4e5d4d5: 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
pls i desperately need to get a visa appointment.i am a student and i need 2 be in the u.s by next month.If anyone can help me i will be greatful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Find Out!:

Dude, sorry about your denial. I really feel for you.

But you were warned about this school. It almost always guarantees a denial. Plus I hope the answers you typed here were not your exact responses coz these are way too short and unconvincing for even the most lenient VO to grant you a visa.

Now, even if the VO was new and had no idea about VIU, the second bolded (that you are in school here) would have likely also fetched you a denial. I still suspect till today that this was the major reason I was denied in January 2009 (not the nonsense they ticked on that white paper) coz i did the SAT, had a pretty good score (1920/2400), got into a very decent school, got some partial scholarship AND I WAS DENIED. I did not re-apply. I shrugged my shoulders, forgot about all the painstaking efforts I put into the whole thing while combining school, continued with my undergrad, finished with a decent CGPA (very very few points short of a 2:1 tho), went for NYSC, studied for and wrote the GRE, got a pretty good score, got admission with a GA and partial tuition waiver and by God's grace i will be heading to the embassy very soon (havn't gotten a date yet) and I am confident that I WILL GET THE VISA by God's grace.

Let me also tell you that by June/July that year, some serious things happened that I was (still am) very very very grateful to God that I was in Nigeria and not the US at that time. So it turned out that the denial was a blessing in disguise! When you commit your affairs to God at inception, even if things don't work out the way you'd wished at the end, do not be bothered coz its part of His plan for you and will ultimately be to your benefit as long as you trust in Him.

I shared my story with you to encourage you based on your sad closing statements because to some extent as you can see, I've been in your shoes before. So, young man, work towards getting those grades up, make some good friends, start studying for the GRE before you go for NYSC, stay with this thread, stay informed, do all that is necessary and by God's grace, shortly after your NYSC, you'll be on your way to the US to study with your parents paying nothing more than your flight ticket and some pocket money for you.

Cheer up, get up and conquer. It is well.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas:
I guess that your own definition of "Love" undecided Keep it up.
But next time, if you don't have anything good or sensible to say, why not just pass it by.
Calling someone a Mugu or whatever it is that you said is not joking, so stop displaying your childishness on a public forum!
Mscheww!! Attention seeker! undecided

Ojap na my man na.

Abeg ooo. Me I no get time for all dis tinz o.

Ma frnd park well jor. Shey u see ur name for dere. Don't u play sometimes. OR r u always over serious all d time.... Na wa ooo.

Read ma post clearly, I was just kindin.

Shey person no fit play with una..

Cheers...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2013

See write up.. Sharp guy, e no even waste time self..

You for just tell us say u don fall in love na.. cheesy

Wetin we go call dis kind love - maybe we go name am - Crazy love or Mugu in love.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg oooo na joke I dey oooo. No go arrange mopo for me oooo. Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

Cheers bro..

Lets call this NAIRALAND LOVE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Gurus in the house... I need to contact Bashorun in this thread cos olawarlay told me he has a copy of sponsorship letter..(anyone with bashorun contact)?
Did anyone here have a copy of sponsorship letter cos i need it and my interview is month ending..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas, quantum-wise, in the spirit of Einstein, Erico Fermi, Heisenberg, Paul Dirac, Schrodinger, I say congratulations.
Physicists are just too much because their heads are there.
But one thing I have noticed is that many of our Nigerian physicists are leaving that field; a good friend of mine is planning to leave the field, while I myself have taken a bow out of that line. Saw a physics thread and looks like many are leaving the path of Physics for other fields and recently, we are loosing a vivacious YOU to the world of technical/information science.
One thing I know is this; Physicists are badass crooks blasting and blazing in their fields chosen cos it is in our spirit. I am waiting to see your name on the prestigious "hall of fame" of life.
All the best in your career!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Walspring: Gurus in the house... I need to contact Bashorun in this thread cos olawarlay told me he has a copy of sponsorship letter..(anyone with bashorun contact)?
Did anyone here have a copy of sponsorship letter cos i need it and my interview is month ending..

I have a copy of that. Drop your mail. I will send it to you now..

Cheers bro.. Sure guy....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
Helo ause, my i-20 is on it way and my school resume aug 19th and i need to book appointment asap but i dont have more than 40k with me. So, is it possible to pay d sevis fee inorder to book appointment and later pay d visa fee before appearing at d embassy. HELP PLS.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I have a copy of that. Drop your mail. I will send it to you now..

Cheers bro.. Sure guy....

Thanks bro... I just request to send you email now and i am waiting for it..
God bless you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
fadex56: Helo ause, my i-20 is on it way and my school resume aug 19th and i need to book appointment asap but i dont have more than 40k with me. So, is it possible to pay d sevis fee inorder to book appointment and later pay d visa fee before appearing at d embassy. HELP PLS.......

It is the Visa fee (N26,400 at GTB) you need to book an appointment (of which dates are not available now....emergency appointment might be ur option even tho u still have to book a date first).

Just make sure you pay the SEVIS fee at least 8 days before your interview so its advisable you pay it before booking an emergency appointment as you don't know how close the date you'll be given will be.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
Walspring:

Thanks bro... I just request to send you email now and i am waiting for it..
God bless you..

Bro, I dnt know hw to open message on nairaland here.. It gives me probs.. Just drop ur mail so I will send d stuff to you nw....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
fadex56: Helo ause, my i-20 is on it way and my school resume aug 19th and i need to book appointment asap but i dont have more than 40k with me. So, is it possible to pay d sevis fee inorder to book appointment and later pay d visa fee before appearing at d embassy. HELP PLS.......

First step - Pay the Visa fee of #26,400 at any GTB bank and proceed in making your appointment..

Second step - when you have enough money, you can go and pay your Sevis fee at your earliest convenience.

NB: Please make sure you pay your Sevis fee atleast 1 or 2 weeks before you go for your interview.

It's one step at a time bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Bro, I dnt know hw to open message on nairaland here.. It gives me probs.. Just drop ur mail so I will send d stuff to you nw....

okay bro but check your email you used to register nairaland you will see my request there.. walspring009@hotmail.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

It will be better if you edit some of what you wrote. That's more than fun.

Relationship of whatsoever kind outside NL doesn't mean there are no girls/guys in this World Wide US.

Moreover, those you're talking of know each other long before now.

For peace, edit.

Oga imperiouxx free dose tinz jor..

We are men. 4get dt girl jare.. I didn't even know dt she will get mad self. I for jst stay on ma own. I just wanted to make d thread lively nd interesting.

She is not friendly.. she just got angry because of dt little tin.

Even dt sure guy ojap didn't even complain, na only she dey claim say she get mouth..

Mshewwww...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Walspring:

okay bro but check your email you used to register nairaland you will see my request there.. walspring009@hotmail.co.uk

Sent..... Check ur mail bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.