Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488615 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Congrats and have a wonderful stay in the US.
Please o...what do they mean by allow enough time for customs. She was saying something about taking 3hours to get past customs or sometin like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsSantaClaus(f): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
[quote author=eedrism]

Thanks for the response,As at now i already did the TOEFL Exam but my score is somehow low,but i am hoping on GOD on making another MOVE to the embassy for another interview Maybe something Good will come out this time around,But i will just say exactly what you have just Said now when the VO ask if i had the SAT,Thank you so much i really appreciate....

Here is how my Previous interview went----the first and the second one

Me---Goodmorning sir.
VO.MORNING,pass your passport and application form
Me-- i passed them\(But to be sincere i was seriously shaking so scared}
VO--Why are you going to the US
Me--To Study
VO---DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME--NO
VO--what is the name of your school and why did you choose this school?
me--i was saying Totally rubbish,all because i was scared then,i forgot all i have practiced at home,i was telling him about my skool when he is asking me what is the name of my skool and why did you choose this skool?
VO---So you are going to the skool because u like the skool or what?And he didnt let me say anything again and pass back my documents and i left in a very bad mood nd i was sick all of that day.....That was how the first one went

The second interview...i almost GOT MY VISA HERE THO
ME----GoodMorning ma,with a smile
VO--Morning,pass me your passport and application form with a pretty smile
me--i passed them
VO--why did you choose this skool?
ME----i choose this particular university because of the good instinct moral they pass to their student and the praticals they do on a daily Basics in my program .
VO--Who is sponsoring you?
Me---MY MUM
VO--WHAT DOES SHE DO?
ME--SHE IS A BUSINESS WOMAN,SHE HAVE A WAREHOUSE COMPANY WHERE SHE SUPPLY,SALE AND DISTRIBUTE OF ASSORTED DRINKS AND ALSO TRAVEL ABROAD TO BUY GOOD LIKE BAGS,SHOES AND GOLDS AND SELL BACK HERE IN NIGERIA.
VO--Okay and she was looking at her system,she already had my passport with her...she is about to tear Ticket for me and we are both silent. and went like this again
VO----DO YOU HAVE SAT?
ME---NO I DONT
VO--KAY
ME---PRAYING INSIDE ME AGAIN AND SHAKING
VO--AM sorry i wont be able to grant your visa and pass back my documents.
me---crying and went out [quote]

As you did not write any, you'll have to come up with a very cogent reason for not writing any test. The usual my-school-waived-it-for-me alibi will fail to work for you at the interview. Instead say that, 'my SS3 subjects in my high-school transcripts and my SSCE were evaluated and because of my excellent performance in them since SS3 subjects are the core subjects, my department waived the SAT for me

After reading this persons interview, if I was a VO , this bolded part may be difficult to believe. He doesn't sound intelligent enough for anything to be waived , it may be nerves, but in my opinion he should go and take all the necessary tests and get high scores in them before attempting another interview. It will boost his confidence during the interview as well as show the interviewer that he is serious and not just desperate to go to the US. Going again without those tests just smacks of unwillingness to do the right thing and desperation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ vivysparkles and MS Nas !!! Congrat and have a wonderful stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
doctore89: can u email toefl material to me, i have an exam to write on august 10, adeolu001@gmail.com
You can also get links to the toefl materials u need by sending an empty mail to: selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
Congrats to Vivvysparkles and Ms Nas.. Have a good stay in the US..
@Flyinbird, pls i'll need the TOEFL cd.. I stay in IB, Akobo Oju-'Rin..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
dkgetmuny:
U flew to JFK I guess plus was dat ur final destination or u had to connect else wia...pls what's d baggage policy of emirate like as regards carryons...will dey allow a laptop bag plus a roller bag togeda as a carry on?
No, i flew to Dallas fort wort airport from dubai. Emirates allows 2 baggages, 23kg each and your hand bag which u can use to carry your laptop n other stuffs except food items
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
smithremmy:

@ seunbunmi please I pray my interview come easy as urs ooo congrat 4ur visa hw much did u buy ur tkt cause my school resumme in Aug 8

It will, just relax, u have done the real interview at d embassy! check Emirates website to book ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
vivysparkles:
Please o...what do they mean by allow enough time for customs. She was saying something about taking 3hours to get past customs or sometin like that

The scrutiny at the point of entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

Saying twale sir to my Texan Seunbunmi!
Yes boss! i remain loyal sir grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
Had my 7:30 interview in lag 2day. No175
And was Denied Visa. My voice was terribly shaking, the VO, even had to tell me to speak well, bt still it shaked till the end. It goes thus:
VO: pass your documents
ME: passed it
VO: why are you going to the usa?
ME: to study bachelor in computer science
VO: which school?
ME: Virginia International University
VO: why dis school?
ME: because they are well renowed for their quality educational services
VO:
VO: whch other school did you apply to?
ME: Minnesota State University
VO: did you do any test?
ME: toefl
VO: who is sponsoring you?
ME: my dad
VO: wat does he do?
ME: he his a businessman
VO: can i have his statement?
ME: gave him
VO: when did graduate 4rm high school?
ME: 2009
VO: what have been doing since then?
ME: got admitted to University of ibadan
VO: and have you finished 4rm the university?
ME: no
VO: am sorry, we are not able to grant ur visa at dis time... gave me a white paper nd i left.
I no like naija again na why i wan go yankee, and my not really doing well in my school (not in first class), and i hate my school and nigeria educarion, but now dat i av been rejected, guess i will ac to stay put to naija and wait 4 rapture (LOL), or srart a revolution, cos i dont speak to anyone, i dont av real friends xcept 4 my family. Dats all peeps, i hail prospective students 4 fall adm. besr of luck. Peeps 4 yankee i hail... peace 
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
Who rules the world??....

@Ms Nas,

You've long over due for the visa and this from me. I know, you've been expecting this.

@vivysparklings,

Cheers sparkling sis

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
oyetpel: Had my 7:30 interview in lag 2day. No175
And was Denied Visa......

Wetin I see there so? With that alone, you no try at all.

Is this your first time of hearing that VIU = Denial for Dummies (New edition)?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
And was Denied Visa. My voice was terribly shaking, the VO, even had to tell me to speak well, bt still it shaked till the end. It goes thus:
ME: Virginia International University shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
VO:
VO: am sorry, we are not able to grant ur visa at dis time... gave me a white paper nd i left.
I no like naija again na why i wan go yankee, and my not really doing well in my school (not in first class), and i hate my school and nigeria educarion, but now dat i av been rejected, guess i will ac to stay put to naija and wait 4 rapture (LOL), or srart a revolution, cos i dont speak to anyone, i dont av real friends xcept 4 my family. Dats all peeps, i hail prospective students 4 fall adm. besr of luck. Peeps 4 yankee i hail... peace 
Despite all that has been said, you still applied to VIU. My main concerns are in your closing remarks. Getting tired of Nigeria, your not really doing well in school, your hating your school and Nigeria education gets me scared. For you to do well, you must have interest in what you are doing as such, I want to plead with you to find reasons to love your school and the educational system knowing fully well that after school, you can still travel abroad for your Masters; love the country so that you can have a thousand and one reasons why you should live each day with peace of mind; and try to like your course so that you can focus well and improve on your GPA. There is always great room for improvement if you are willing to and I wish you the very best in your undertakings.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Seunbunmi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
ME: Virginia International University shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
O boy na you shoot yourself for leg ooo...chaiiiiiiiii
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
GboyegaD:
Despite all that has been said, you still applied to VIU. My main concerns are in your closing remarks. Getting tired of Nigeria, your not really doing well in school, your hating your school and Nigeria education gets me scared. For you to do well, you must have interest in what you are doing as such, I want to plead with you to find reasons to love your school and the educational system knowing fully well that after school, you can still travel abroad for your Masters; love the country so that you can have a thousand and one reasons why you should live each day with peace of mind; and try to like your course so that you can focus well and improve on your GPA. There is always great room for improvement if you are willing to and I wish you the very best in your undertakings.
Well said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ocmorale: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hmmmm....I am falling in love with this thread. Its quite educating. Please, can anyone help me with this question. Can someone with US visitor's visa apply for admissions with the visitor's visa and subsequently change your visa status? Or do one need to make a fresh visa application for the student visa?

Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
ocmorale: Hmmmm....I am falling in love with this thread. Its quite educating. Please, can anyone help me with this question. Can someone with US visitor's visa apply for admissions with the visitor's visa and subsequently change your visa status? Or do one need to make a fresh visa application for the student visa?

Thanks in anticipation for your responses.

You will come back home (Nigeria) to apply for the student visa. Note that your visiting doesn't have any bad influence on your F1 application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx: Who rules the world??....

@Ms Nas,

You've long over due for the visa and this from me. I know, you've been expecting this.

@vivysparklings,

Cheers sparkling sis
Oga Imperiouxx of Life!!! grin Yeah, this has been a long time coming. I was expecting the "shayo" as expected, glad you didn't dissapoint mehn! cheesy
Thank YOU kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ms Nas:
Oga Imperiouxx of Life!!! grin Yeah, this has been a long time coming. I was expecting the "shayo" as expected, glad you didn't dissapoint mehn! cheesy
Thank YOU kiss

If I don't give the like of you, then who else deserves it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
VO:
It seems I saw you in the hall, were you putting on a dark colored shirt, interviewed by the Asian in window 1?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Guru in the house... I need to contact Bashorun in this thread cos olawarlay told me he has a copy of sponsorship letter.. Did anyone here have a copy of sponsorship letter cos i need it and my interview is month ending
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

If I don't give the like of you, then who else deserves it?
grin Much Love bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Seunbunmi:

It will, just relax, u have done the real interview at d embassy! check Emirates website to book ahead

@seunbunmi, when making bookings, Is it Mandatory for me to make any deposit before I can book for flight..

I'm heading to Minnesota.

Can I just book now and when I get my visa, I will make payment.. Is it possible that way.

My school resumes on the 20th of August..

Pls bro shed more light on this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Olatomide(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Visa was granted in lagos. Interview was slated for 7:30am, didn't get in till around past 10. The VO at window 1 was denying virtually everyone, prayed he shouldn't attend to me, alas my number popped up. He questioned me on everything possible and checked each document, in the end I was granted. Headed to UTD for my graduate studies in Geology. Sorry it aint explicit.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Wooooow am so impressed with the results that am seeing. Started this week on a positive ground, it will end with plenty testimonies. Am due for interview this week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
worry 359:
People should be aware by now that an "associate degree" or attending comunity college is seen as a waste of time. The piece of paper will not even get you a job washing dishes in a burger bar! You could wipe your bottom with it!
V.O. know all this and look at such applications as people looking for a cheap way in to get job as illegal worker.

Tell them, they still wouldn't listen. I have this feeling there's a user here with a community college I-20 but still yet ignoring advices and busy struggling to get an interview date. Well the gurus here are doing their best with sound advice. A word they say is enough for the wise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ocmorale: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

You will come back home (Nigeria) to apply for the student visa. Note that your visiting doesn't have any bad influence on your F1 application.

O@imperiouxx Okay! Thanks but what do mean by "bad influence on F! application".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ask me of a woman who is courageous,who won't give up, who is friendly, book smart, street smart and I will show you Ms Nas.

Starting from you getting your I-20, sharing with me your long-term goals, paying for SEVIS and the Visa interview practise, one could easily tell you know what your onions are and ready to go any length to pursue your dreams.

Even though we didn't get to see more than twice when I was in Nigeria few weeks ago, I still have that memory of discussing with a young and bright damsel. That a lady like you could even bag a BS in Applied Physics in a Nigerian university is also worthy of note. You surely deserve the Visa my dear. Lest I forget, I should also quickly thank you for being part of the function I invited you to while I was in Nigeria, I feel so honored to have you around on that day. Thanks so much.

Ms Nas Today also being the birthday of that special person in your life also means it's going to be double celebration in your house. I wish him happy b'day too. When you get here, please face your studies, get enough certifications in your field, party when you can and leave the rest for God. Always count on me if you need any guidance or help - I gat your back for sure.

Let me also let you know that two things are for sure. First, I will always keep this friendship till Jesus comes. Second, I hope to celebrate with you come 2015 or thereabout at your graduate hooding/commencement. Hold me anytime on this. Also, let me know if you will be coming to the US early, a trip to VEGAS with you won't be a bad idea, and don't worry I won't take you to the strip club.....lol.

Once again, congratulations. I am so proud of you.

Way to go Ms. Nas

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
imperiouxx: Who rules the world??....

@Ms Nas,

@vivysparklings,

Cheers sparkling sis

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...thanks imperiouxxx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by trolling(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
VO:
VO: whch other school did you apply to? lol u
lol u messed up when u said u had not finished anybody would presume that u wanna ja as u stated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ Vivysparkles

Congratulations too. Welcome to the United States of America, I wish you the best in all you do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.