Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489925 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

They don't anymore. Seems Sanusi compelled Nigerian banks to bear the cost of "off us" transaction fees.

I think he was referring to the charges of the bank abroad you're using to withdraw. Or don't US banks charge for ATM withdrawals?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Is that not how it's been for ages? Or it's the starting point that just changed?

Yea. Its the lower end that was changed or lowered rather from 2.50 to 2.40. The upper limit of 3.49 remains the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

I dispute this. My undergrad CGPA was 3.68/5.00 and after WES evaluation, it came out as 3.29/4.00

Reduced I guess.

It increased!! 3.29 is high. 3.68/5.00 is 73.6% and 3.29/4.00 is 82.3%. That's almost 10% increase in CGPA. Wonderful! cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Congratulations Yemego. You did it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't think it is nice advicing people how to go about writing the exam as each individual would have to use his or her skills in the best way they can. They are no kids and must have been writing exams in the past.
N.B: It is only an opinion of mine oooooo.

Believe me that's the only way to beat time in reading.It's still open.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by khadee92: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2013
please how do i apply for emergency appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yemego: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2013
bigfrancis21: Congratulations Yemego. You did it!

⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣k✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌« Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ bigfrancis, Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ encouraged ♍Ƹ̴.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I think he was referring to the charges of the bank abroad you're using to withdraw. Or don't US banks charge for ATM withdrawals?

I expect they should but for some time, all they have been charging.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 11:49am On Aug 06, 2013
Hello Aus,New on d thread,want to seek your opinions about conditional admission,help me out bro/sis in d aus.tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2013
ferdimako:

Believe me that's the only way to beat time in reading.It's still open.

It is possible and I agree with you but I just feel everyone has his/her style. Truth is I don't believe in telling people what and how to read since I feel it may not be the ideal way for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
JFK12: Hello Aus,New on d thread,want to seek your opinions about conditional admission,help me out bro/sis in d aus.tnx
No problem with it. You can still use †hat †̥o apply for visa. Just that you need †̥o work hard in school after getting your visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
khadee92: please how do i apply for emergency appointment

Before you can opt for an emergency appointment, you must first get a regular date and ensure you are eligible. The rule states that you aint eligible if you have been denied a visa in the last 6 month.

After getting a regular date, you will see the 'emergency appointment' on the left corner of the page, click on it and you will be requested to upload your I-20 form and sevis I-901 receipt. You also have a space to state why you are opting for an emergency appointment.

You will be contacted after few days if approved, you will have to cancel the regular date you already scheduled and reschedule to an earlier date.

For more details, call this number 234-94601748 or send an email to this address: lagoscons2@state.gov

Hope this helps...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
babsharon:
No problem with it. You can still use †hat †̥o apply for visa. Just that you need †̥o work hard in school after getting your visa.

Tnx for your quick response,But what % can u give that uni grant conditional admission when applied for ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zigggy: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hi ouze I jst finishd my interview frm d embasy
I must say it wasn't easy,it. Was God goodluck that helped people today espeecially dos interviewed by d white chick on windows one. There was dis asian guy dt was jst denying anyhow. Here is my experience
VO y d schl
Me: I applied to 3schls dis. schl cm first, awaitn I 20 frm d rest nd am quite impressd by d curri,prof ....nd d. Security givn to student. Impressseed my mum who z my sponsor

VO:wht dos she do nd her salary

Me :answered d ques
Vo:y d course
Me: whr I did my nysc,favvorism favors dos in so nd so field nd dey r gvn atractive salary packges so my boss adviced I study a coursee on d field

Vo:which company is dt

ME:whr my mum works also
VO:wow ok.den she said dos magicaal words nd gv me a paper.
Glory to God for givn me a good day cos smtimes u jst hv to pray for a good day. U all need to c d way d asian guy was rejectn like he was programed to reject at a. Time I wasn't scared again d rate he was. Rjeectn I ws jst planing my refusal speeech to People

Again peeeps Shld try build on strong ties to prove to dem u r coming bac. That was. Exactly what
i did. Try creat d chance cos U might nt gt dt Chance to say it

I hail d ouze O

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
to those of u comin...omo una better bring agbo jedi...e go pay una
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
@Zigggy, so nice to read your success story. In fairness, i think it's just your lucky day nothing else. So if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Congrats once more!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
dkgetmuny: to those of u comin...omo una better bring agbo jedi...e go pay una

What about those wey no sabi drink am, wetin make dem bring?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zigggy: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
De Tus: @Zigggy, so nice to read your success story. In fairness, i think it's just your lucky day nothing else. So if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Congrats once more!

Yes o, my lucky. Day. Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
@JEK12, conditional admission is not really okay, but you may want to try your luck. Pray that the VO does not request to see your "Admission Letter" or look deeply at your I-20. Wishing you the best of luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
GboyegaD:

What about those wey no sabi drink am, wetin make dem bring?
omo na oyo dem dey....u know hw e dey go for here wif sugar nd stuffs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hi house, what is CGPA 4.19/5.00 equivalent when evaluated by WES or similar body? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
gbemonology1: Hi house, what is CGPA 4.19/5.00 equivalent when evaluated by WES or similar body? Thanks

Anything from 3.6/4.0 or greater.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
Need help on this house,CGPA 3.44/5.00 is equivalent to what on 4.00
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
zigggy: Hi ouze I jst finishd my interview frm d embasy
I must say it wasn't easy,it. Was God goodluck that helped people today espeecially dos interviewed by d white chick on windows one. There was dis asian guy dt was jst denying anyhow. Here is my experience
VO y d schl
Me: I applied to 3schls dis. schl cm first, awaitn I 20 frm d rest nd am quite impressd by d curri,prof ....nd d. Security givn to student. Impressseed my mum who z my sponsor

VO:wht dos she do nd her salary

Me :answered d ques
Vo:y d course
Me: whr I did my nysc,favvorism favors dos in so nd so field nd dey r gvn atractive salary packges so my boss adviced I study a coursee on d field

Vo:which company is dt

ME:whr my mum works also
VO:wow ok.den she said dos magicaal words nd gv me a paper.
Glory to God for givn me a good day cos smtimes u jst hv to pray for a good day. U all need to c d way d asian guy was rejectn like he was programed to reject at a. Time I wasn't scared again d rate he was. Rjeectn I ws jst planing my refusal speeech to People

Again peeeps Shld try build on strong ties to prove to dem u r coming bac. That was. Exactly what
i did. Try creat d chance cos U might nt gt dt Chance to say it

I hail d ouze O

Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
yomisley: if school did not require teofl ,sat e.t.c. is it adviceable to pay school fee part payment can someone advice me which step to take. i just want to apply to vermont state university . can someone just guide me through these whole things . thanks nairalanders

NO Sir. NEVER make any commitment to any school by depositing part payment of your tuition fee as this is not a Prerequisite to getting a US VISA..

The US system is far different from the UK system where you will need to make deposit to your school before applying for your Visa.

The US Embassy strongly advice prospective students wishing to study in the US never to make any commitment to any school until you have procured your Visa..

So the best thing for you is to apply for admission in the school, get admitted and get your admission letter and i-20 from the school and apply for your visa.. Simple!!!!

Look for a school that doesn't require tuition deposit as prerequisite to getting your i-20 package from them..

As US visa issurance is NOT guaranteed. whether you make part payment of tuition fee or full payment...

Your case will be treated the same way with those that didn't make any tuition deposit.. So no preferential treatment for people who paid tuition deposit.. And morever the US Embassy won't even know you made tuition deposit...

AFTER getting your Visa, you can go ahead to make your tuition deposit to the school whether part or full....

Hope this helps..

Cheers..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
yomisley: if school did not require teofl ,sat e.t.c. is it adviceable to pay school fee part payment can someone advice me which step to take. i just want to apply to vermont state university . can someone just guide me through these whole things . thanks nairalanders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by linux28: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
pls. can someone help to provide schpoll that dont require sat or toefl for admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
JFK12: Need help on this house,CGPA 3.44/5.00 is equivalent to what on 4.00

Your equivalent should be somewhere around 3.10/4.00 to 3.20/4.00 on the 4-point scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by twAYz: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hi all, am new on this thread. Av bn following d thread 4 quite some days now and I must say u guys are wonderful. I just needed to register to commend ur selfless acts 'n' valuable advices. Thumbs-up to u guys, if this is d part we all take in Nigeria, sure it wud be a better nation. WELDONE once again!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kollinz003(m): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Good afternoon Justwise.
I am starting studies in the UK in September this year. After my studies I intend relocating to The US to "hustle" for a while. What are the chances of applying for a visa to Canada and working there for a while, from the UK without necessarily coming back to Nigeria first? Since I will be a student visitor in the UK, are there restrictions on whether I can apply for a visa and relocate to Canada straight from the UK? I will need your advice please. Please I have asked this question on the Canada Thread with respect to Canada - I want to compare both procedures and make a better and informed choice. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
kollinz003: Good afternoon Justwise.
I am starting studies in the UK in September this year. After my studies I intend relocating to The US to "hustle" for a while. What are the chances of applying for a visa to Canada and working there for a while, from the UK without necessarily coming back to Nigeria first? Since I will be a student visitor in the UK, are there restrictions on whether I can apply for a visa and relocate to Canada straight from the UK? I will need your advice please. Please I have asked this question on the Canada Thread with respect to Canada - I want to compare both procedures and make a better and informed choice. Thank you.

UK, US and Canada? undecided Moreover, this is US student visa thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
linux28: pls. can someone help to provide schpoll that dont require sat or toefl for admission.

I have told you several times to take the SAT exam.. Why are u guys running away from Standarlized test.. It won't kill you rather it would make you stronger. If you eventually get a school that doesn't require SAT or TOEFL for admission you will DEFINATELY need it at the US Embassy..

You have to oblige with the Embassy rule NOT the School rule.. The US Embassy will judge at the moment of your interview whether you stay back in nigeria or proceed to the US. So it is better you satisfy them by giving them what they want which is taking Standarlized test... Taking Standarlized test is a prerequisite to procuring your US student Visa.. Because they use this standarlized test to measure your academic ability..

You will shoot urself on the foot if you don't take any standarlized test because when you eventually go for your interview, when the VO ask you for your SAT score report and you give them stories, You will be DENIED the US Student visa straight to the point without any exceptions...

SAT is not expensive na.. If you can't afford to take TOEFL, why not take just SAT alone... SAT is #14,175... It is way cheaper than TOEFL.. And you will have to get the preparations materials to Ace it... You can get the materials from someone here OR you buy online on www.amazon.com

That's where I bought my SAT materials.. I even bought 2 text books online and it was sent directly to my home and I prepared with those materials and I prepared well for the SAT and i aced the exam.. When I went for my Visa interview, the first document the VO asked from me is;

Where are your SAT score report?...

And I gave it to her and I got my visa... Assuming I was unable to provide my SAT score report to her she would have DENIED me right at that point. And I will start running up and down on how to apply for Visa again with another visa fee of #26,400 and calculate the money and stress and all, you will see that it is of Much more suffering to yourself and you will be traumatized, and also with many things running on your head facing the DENIAL you had at the Embassy, when one would have easily obliged with the Rule and write the Standalized test for just #14,175 with no worries..

So please bro help yourself.. The next SAT is October.. Which is in 2 months time.. This is already close. So Registration for the SAT starts first week of next month.. So act fast. If you intend going for spring, then I guess there is still much time for you to prepare towards achieving your aim..

Hope this useful tips also helps other prospective students that don't intend taking standarlized test..

Cheers bro...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.