Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494860 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly: One VO at counter 7, the only guy there denies visa as if he is Obama.
I don't know why men are that hardened.

The chinko guy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

No. He can't use the option again since he's already been denied visa before within the last 6 months.

Okay...so he needs to get a new start date within this August and head back in? Or defer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just called my school now, they said they'll send me a mail to defer my admission, then send a new I-20 on time probably October. S☺ that I can apply for new Visa application. That classes are commencing next week.
The best option is spring 2014.
Everything happens for a reason.
Every disappointment is a blessing.... Was really imagining how I would have been deported in the USA.
Menh!!! I'm happy to hear the news.
To The House cheers... You guys have been like a brother to Me, nice and wordy advices coming from left to right.... May God make you guys bigger but bigfrancis is big already s☺ may God make him larger #lol#

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
winbyforce:
Is the verification from the schools done via email/postmail? Is it either/or thing? I see UNN verifies via email which makes it faster,dunno about other schools.Wanna evaluate my transcript speedily and store it once and for all at WES. I don tire for this transcript wahala,my face is becoming too regular at the records office grin grin

What's your UG school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
kunlebal:
Sup bro, am finding it difficult to pay WES Evaluation application fee with my Gtbank mastercard, this is the response i got from the payment site.
WE ARE SORRY, WE ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM WHILE VERIFYING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR CREDIT CARD AND BILLING ADDRESS INFORMATION TO BE SURE OF AII THE INFORMATION ENTERED IS CORRECT. Am still confuse here because i inserted the right address and master card number. I NEED HELP PLEASE

There is a problem somewhere...please, send me a NL message!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
oyetpel:
The chinko guy?
He is the one. God will visit him one day. He'll grant everyone Visa one day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly:
He is the one. God will visit him one day. He'll grant everyone Visa one day.

Last time I was at the embassy the Chinco guy was granting visas well, dunno why d sudden change o.

Maybe him naija babe don f**k am up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

What's your UG school?
University of Ibadan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ms Nas:

I don't think so. Schools are to reply via paper (School's letterhead). They'll quote the reference number WES sent to them. Some schools might reply via email though, but I haven't heard of such.

Mine was replied through email. I paid an officer in the exams and records in the admin who monitored everything so that it's fast. He told me everything including the time they received photocopy of documents from WES and when the reply email was sent to WES. Everything correlates because the day he told me they have replied WES was the day my status changed to evaluation is in progress on WES website.

PS: WES verification reply from Nigerian schools is by email so that the process is fast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Mine was replied through email. I paid an officer in the exams and records in the admin who monitored everything so that it's fast. He told me everything including the time they received from WES and when the email was sent to WES. Everything correlates because the day he told me they have replied WES was the day my status changed to evaluation is in progress on WES website.
Wow! Hope dey be dat. I'll just ask if they use email and follow it up. I just hope my school is not old fashioned on this one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
fadinus:

Last time I was at the embassy the Chinco guy was granting visas well, dunno why d sudden change o.

Maybe him naija babe don f**k am up.

HaHa.... The guy was s☺ mean that a man of high caliber was frightened and stammered all through that he even told the chinko guy God bless you for my denial... #I pitied him#...
Everyone that went to his counter where stumping their foot, biting nails, clapping their hands on their laps... Menh! He was a NO NO NO VISA Guy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
winbyforce:
Wow! Hope dey be dat. I'll just ask if they use email and follow it up. I just hope my school is not old fashioned on this one

My school is even old fashioned more than you'll ever think but that's the normal procedure. Those schools are not new to those evaluators. They are customers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
TaylorGang: When I was denied on 30th of july..d only reason I was denied was becos I was stammering..am a stammer sha..now am looking for a day to reapply..my skl(concord university) opens on 19th of august..so am looking for an appointment date nxt wk or this friday to reapply..

Ask for emergency date if that's the case and if not, defer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TaylorGang: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
ferdimako:

You kept saying that every time...make sure your stammering isn't your only problem.
I gave my visa interview experience..earlier..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly:
VO: She took my passport and was about to say those magical words and suddenly she screamed woooooooooooooooow! You I-20 reads resumption date of 12th August and it says not later than that date. I intend issuing you a visa by then, s☺ I can't. You have to tell the school to write to us for an extension.
Me: I was shocked couldn't talk again.
VO: Don't worry son, its for your own good. You may be deported at the Us airport for this, s☺ which is wise? Re applying or deporting?
Me: Still shocked as she handed me those papers. #sad faced#...

House please I've not heard of this type oo since I started going through this thread.
Thanks Baba imperiouxx, your advice helped.
# I think Today wasn't my day#

Oh no cry Did we discussed about the extension stuff? Can't remember anymore. cry I think I told you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Oh no cry Did we discussed about the extension stuff? Can't remember anymore. cry

Sent me a mail about school yearly expense and to go with my Dad's landed property documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly:

Sent me a mail about school yearly expense and to go with my Dad's landed property documents.

Ok, which I told you not necessary. I thought you were the one I discussed about close resumption date with. Anyways, we've to go back to the drawing board. Did she gave you any letter that will let you in for a fresh interview? If not, you will have to reapply for another interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
lentywilly: Just called my school now, they said they'll send me a mail to defer my admission, then send a new I-20 on time probably October. S☺ that I can apply for new Visa application. That classes are commencing next week.
The best option is spring 2014.
Everything happens for a reason.
Every disappointment is a blessing.... Was really imagining how I would have been deported in the USA.
Menh!!! I'm happy to hear the news.
To The House cheers... You guys have been like a brother to Me, nice and wordy advices coming from left to right.... May God make you guys bigger but bigfrancis is big already s☺ may God make him larger #lol#

Better for you, Lenty. Don't be in a hurry. I've learned something in this life. When certain things don't go the way we planned, do not be sad but happy rather for something unfavorable for you has been taken off your way and you've been put on a better course.

Relax and cheer up. Spring is by the corner. Just 4 months away.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

No, you cannot use the emergency option again since you've already been denied. The requirement states that you must not have been denied US visa in the last 6 months.

At this point, the best thing to do will be to defer to spring to allow you enough time to prepare and travel.

Contrary is the case. I clicked on that button, third day after my initial denial and the emergency date was approved the second day. Yes, after being denied once within last 6 months, if your resumption is very close, you can use the emergency date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zigggy: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
oyetpel:
The chinko guy?

Its definately d. Chinko guy. Bfor u speak for 30sec he would sharply say am sorry u. R free to apply later,like he was programed. To deny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
TaylorGang: I gave my visa interview experience..earlier..

Okay and goodluck,sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Contrary is the case. I clicked on that button, third day after my initial denial and the emergency date was approved the second day. Yes, after being denied once within last 6 months, if your resumption is very close, you can use the emergency date.

I feel that has changed now going by the requirement that states you must not have been denied a visa in the last 6 months. Or was the same law in effect during your time? Maybe it was not that's why yours went through. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lentywilly: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Ok, which I told you not necessary. I thought you were the one I discussed about close resumption date with. Anyways, we've to go back to the drawing board. Did she gave you any letter that will let you in for a fresh interview? If not, you will have to reapply for another interview.
The drawing board is set, my school sent a confirmation now that they've deferred my admission to Spring 2014 resumption date is 13th January.
S☺ I should wait for my new I-20 which will come by September. That I could have enough time to apply for an appointment.
I'm even happy now self... The stress is off.
Learnt a lesson today, If you're bold enough and focused on your strong points/reasons, VOs will be friendly to you because the know you are a Nairaland 1st class material, Visa can't be denied for any reason. #big grin#.
S☺ I'll keep planning ahead... Delay is not denial.
1luv!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
@Lentywilly, I-20 again? Jesus. Pls do not be sad. I think God didn't want you to go at this time. Your case is smiliar to mine. Though it was sponsorship inaccurancy. Was so blind that I couldn't detect it. Even my parents didn't detect it too. Was later revealed to us at the church that something nasty could have happened to me in the US. That the man who interviewed me really loved me. That he acted like a father as well as my God. LOL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I feel that has changed now going by the requirement that states you must not have been denied a visa in the last 6 months. Or was the same law in effect during your time? Maybe it was not that's why yours went through. I stand to be corrected though.

That was written there boldly then too, still people apply and get approved after their FIRST time denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

AFAIK, that law has always been there. I guess they state it clearly just to discourage people who have previously attended an interview so as to give everyone a fair chance. If you need emergency appointment after a denial, I'd say go for it. You have nothing to lose really wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
De Tus: @Lentywilly, I-20 again? Jesus. Pls do not be sad. I think God didn't want you to go at this time. Your case is smiliar to mine. Though it was sponsorship inaccurancy. Was so blind that I couldn't detect it. Even my parents didn't detect it too. Was later revealed to us at the church that something nasty could have happened to me in the US. That the man who interviewed me really loved me. That he acted like a father as well as my God. LOL!

Bros which church you dey go? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
@webstradamus, U wanna know? Hahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just in case anyone is still looking for a cost-effective (or should I say cost-free grin) way of transferring money from their GTB account to their US bank account, simply go to any Walmart and purchase a money order in your name using your GTB Naira Mastercard. You can then pay in the money order to your US bank account. You do not incur any charges from GTB (since it is a POS transaction) and the money order only costs $0.70 (70 cents). If you ask me I'd say this is the cheapest and fastest way to transfer funds to the US from Naija. However, maximum you can go on a single money order is $1000 so if you wanted to transfer say $5000, you would have to purchase 5 money orders (total cost will be $3.50). Imagine how much savings you would be making when compared to doing a wire transfer! Plus you get your money instantly!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
@webstradamus, that's great. It seems like you're a very good business man. I like that lol. Give me five:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
webstradamus: Just in case anyone is still looking for a cost-effective (or should I say cost-free grin) way of transferring money from their GTB account to their US bank account, simply go to any Walmart and purchase a money order in your name using your GTB Naira Mastercard. You can then pay in the money order to your US bank account. You do not incur any charges from GTB (since it is a POS transaction) and the money order only costs $0.70 (70 cents). If you ask me I'd say this is the cheapest and fastest way to transfer funds to the US from Naija. However, maximum you can go on a single money order is $1000 so if you wanted to transfer say $5000, you would have to purchase 5 money orders (total cost will be $3.50). Imagine how much savings you would be making when compared to doing a wire transfer! Plus you get your money instantly!!

Is Webstradamus an Igbo man? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.