Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488594 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
lisadem: I will be heading to the Lonestar State tonight

Abeg na which state be that oo? May be I fit find job or admission come there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
mario2575: Ermmm....Does that mean after you get your visa here in Nigeria you can defer your admission, remain in Nigeria and apply to a CC, get an admission there and their i-20 then go to the previous school and ask for a transfer even without attending classes or paying tuition? If memory serves me right, i thought most schools indicate clearly in their i-20 that you must be present in school not later than the resumption date? I'm confused.

Na the dub I bold up there. So, you better believe it pa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Abeg na which state be that oo? May be I fit find job or admission come there.

TEXAS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
FIZIK:

I agree with this completely.
Just two days here and everything has been so different.
Texas is the leading obese state here.
I have an awkward feeling walking on the street off campus 'cos every other person drive Big big SUV with bass.
please, anybody here on college station campus could let me know.
I cant keep eating these funny foods at $10 a meal.
I got an apartment deal for $428, all utilities except furniture, is that ok?

Welcome to America grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Cherokee(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello House,
I want to go for a Master of Engineering (MEng) (Spring 2014)in Industrial Engineering. I studied Mechanical Engineering(Industrial Production Engineering option) and graduated with a CGPA of 3.73 on a scale of 5.0. I have a TOEFL score of 96 and a GRE score of Verbal 149 and Quantitative 145.
I have a couple of work experience.
I would like to find out,if I will be able to get admission into a 9c skul in the US?
Moreover,I would prefer skuls dt accept unofficial transcript(scanned) during d evaluation stage...Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
babsharon:
From mile 2, you will take bus going †̥o badagry/seme(cost around #250), when you get †̥o seme cross the border with boldness and move forward you will ecobank by your righthand side or ask from people. Lobatan.

From Mile2 to Badagry or seme cost #1000 and not #250...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thank you for the valuable piece of information but will someone apply to the CC from Nigeria as an international student even after having visa approved with an expensive school i-20.
imperiouxx:

Na the dub I bold up there. So, you better believe it pa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Amefrica, lol. Did you read what you posted on facebook? Pls take it easy. Relationship is not about test drive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
lisadem: Hey my people,

Just thought I should drop some lines before I say goodbye to my Nairaland peeps still in Naija. #Una go come add to the numbers very soon#

Past few days have been hectic starting from getting a flight ticket even at an exorbitant rate and picking up my passport #na diz one wan gimme heart-attack#

I will be heading to the Lonestar State tonight and do you believe I was just fortunate to pick up my passport by 5:00pm today (an hour after the closure of work). I have been going to DHL office since yesterday but I kept hearing same news, "it isn't ready for pick up". Today, I got more worried and had to explain my plight to one of the staffs who said they are still expecting some passports from the embassy and that I should wait till 4:30pm.

I began to have mixed feelings ooo. "Hey, what if it wasn't there again, how and what would I do when I had already booked a flight?... Deep sigh"

I sha thank God o, I don collect am and the next time am gonna drop any comment on here will be in the States. Make una wish me safe trip.

I will be right back #I promise#

***** If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere ***** ~ Frank Clark

Safe trip bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls help..i hv a pm ,my ist pm on nl bt cnt read it..dnt kn wer 2 click,,nairaland email system is somhw complicated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Lisadem. Ok. Have a pleasant journey and enjoy yourself to the fullest. Make sure you take fish and wine on airplane. I mean those small-bottled wine. They taste good! Good luck in your studies!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
Walspring:

From Mile2 to Badagry or seme cost #1000 and not #250...
Oga walspring is α place I go regularly, so u can't tell mε the cost. If he can join 14 passengers bus it will cost him 250 †̥o 300 naira will take him †̥o seme from mile2. Don't mislead the gentle man bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Lisadem. Safe trip bro .may almighty Allah guide your journey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
babsharon:
Oga walspring is α place I go regularly, so u can't tell mε the cost. If he can join 14 passengers bus it will cost him 250 †̥o 300 naira will take him †̥o seme from mile2. Don't mislead the gentle man bro.

Oh am not telling you the cost... Well you already said it all cos 4 passengers cost #1000 per seat while the 14 passenger cos #250 to #300 per seat and am not misleading the gentle me.. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
roli21: Pls help..i hv a pm ,my ist pm on nl bt cnt read it..dnt kn wer 2 click,,nairaland email system is somhw complicated

You can read it from your email id that you used to register or sign up for Nairaland..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17am On Aug 21, 2013
OjaP:

TEXAS

Ogami, I want him to tell me more ni.

lol.... I know and my state is the state of the sun. Single shinning sun on our flag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:18am On Aug 21, 2013
mario2575: Thank you for the valuable piece of information but will someone apply to the CC from Nigeria as an international student even after having visa approved with an expensive school i-20.

Yes ke!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by demmyrulz(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=Walspring]
Safe trip Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ocmorale: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls, can someone help with this. Yale University, Esat Tenneessee University, Princeton University, Indiana University and University of North Texas: pls do US embassy easily issue F1-visa to applicant with such universities? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2013
ocmorale: Pls, can someone help with this. Yale University, Esat Tenneessee University, Princeton University, Indiana University and University of North Texas: pls do US embassy easily issue F1-visa to applicant with such universities? Thanks

I think you've to get admitted first.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by doctore89: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2013
doctore89: hello house, am a prospective phd applicant in clinical psychology seeking admission into university, but i have issues with my toefl score, this is my second time of writing toefl, the first score was 77, and the second score was 79, i choose university of north texas,Florida institute of technology,university of denver and university of south florida, am kinda depressed right now, i just wanna know my chances of getting admission, i was told that if at all am considered for admission , i would be considered last
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 11:29am On Aug 21, 2013
@doctore89

No one here can assess your ''chances of getting admission'' with such limited information you've dished out (i.e your TOEFL score). Let me also add that good clinical psychology PhD programs in America are unsurprisingly competitive; this is a known fact and not a baseless assertion.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2013
Safe trip llisadem,Allah be with you now and allways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by harkynon(m): 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
syahboy: If you mean the Nova Gre Bible e-book, then search on 4shared but if it's Gre Bible software you mean then you need to purchase it for $19 check www.grebible.com

As for Magoosh just make use of the free one week premium subscription, and when it expires re-register with same ID and you'll continue your progress form where you stopped.

PLS ANYONE IN THE HOUSE WITH PDF OF GRE PRACTICE MATERIALS? KINDLY GET BACK TO ME. in need of it really bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Walspring:

You can read it from your email id that you used to register or sign up for Nairaland..

Hw do u mean.....i searcht 4 wer 2 click 2 read my pm...i cudnt find it..nawa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Cherokee(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hello,
I am a prospective Master of Science (MS) student (Spring 2014). I studied Mechanical Engineering(Industrial Production Engineering option) and graduated with a CGPA of 3.73 on a scale of 5.0. I have a TOEFL score of 96 and a GRE score of Verbal 149 and Quantitative 145.
I will want to enroll for a Masters in Industrial Engineering.
I have a couple of work experience
Also,what are chances of been admitted.
I would prefer skuls,that accept unofficial transcript(Scanned).
House,pls advise accordingly'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please guys I need your help/advice. I got admission to study Aeronautical Tech Aviation Mgt at San
Jacinto College Central, Pasadena, TX.
My program is scheduled to start on the
26th August, 2013 unfortunately i was
denied visa on the 23rd July 2013. Below
is how the interview went;
CO: GOOD-MORNING! CAN I HAVE YOUR
PASSPORT?
ME: HERE IS IT MA'AM (I GAVE IT TO
HER)
CO: WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO AMERICA
TO DO?
ME: I AM GOING TO AMERICA TO STUDY
CO: CAN I HAVE YOUR I-20 AND VISA
APPLICATION CONFIRMATION?
ME I GAVE THEM TO THEM)
CO: WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE
SCHOOL YOU INTEND TO STUDY AT?
ME: SAN JACINTO COLLEGE CENTRAL,
PASADENA, TX.
CO: WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SAN JACINTO
COLLEGE CENTRAL?
ME: I CHOSE SAN JACINTO COLLEGE
CENTRAL BECAUSE SAN JACINTO
COLLEGE CENTRAL HAS A GREAT RECORD
OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN
AERONAUTICAL TECHNOLOGY AVIATION
MANAGEMENT, ALSO THE STAFF-
STUDENT RELATIONSHIP AT SAN
JACINTO COLLEGE CENTRAL IS
WONDERFUL AND CORDIAL ESPECIALLY
WHEN AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IS
INVOLVED.
CO: WHAT COURSE?
ME: AERONAUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
AVIATION MANAGEMENT
CO: WHY DID YOU CHOOSE
AERONAUTICAL TECHNOLOGY AVIATION
MANAGEMENT?
ME: I CHOSE AERONAUTICAL
TECHNOLOGY AVIATION MANAGEMENT
BECAUSE I WANT TO ACQUIRE
KNOWLEDGE THAT WILL ENABLE ME TO
CONTRIBUTE IN CHECKING AIR MISHAPS
IN MY COUNTRY'S AVIATION INDUSTRY
WHICH HAS BEEN ON THE INCREASE IN
RECENT YEARS.
CO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU?
ME: MY UNCLE IS SPONSORING ME
CO: WHERE WOULD YOU STAY IN THE
US?
ME: I WILL STAY OFF-CAMPUS BECAUSE
SAN JACINTO COLLEGE CENTRAL DOES
NOT PROVIDE ON-CAMPUS
ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS
CO: HAVE YOU TRAVELED OUT OF
NIGERIA BEFORE?
ME: NO
CO: SORRY YOUR APPLICATION DOES
NOT QUALIFY YOU FOR AN AM
ERICAN
VISA.
I have deferred my
admission till spring (January) so i will
be going back to the US Embassy by
November/December. I still have my
SEVIS Fee Payment receipt intact. What
could be wrong with my
application? Am i suppose to secure an
apartment/accommodation prior to my
visa interview? Is it not possible to get a visa with a community college admission and I-20? I really wanna do auronautical tech/engrng. I need evey1's advice. thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Chars1289: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
jamiu4real: Hi everyone , I am willing to help anyone
who is in need of The Official TOEFL Test Guide E-
book,it was originally purchased with my TOEFL test
last year November from their website , am doing this
for free just drop me your email an I will send it to
your inbox whenever am back online.
Keep tracking for the visa success never
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
wow! just few days away,the whole thread is filled up.Anyway,i want to let the house know i arrived the USA safely on the 19th aug.manythings to talk about.dunno where to start.I will keep the house posted.I wish all everyone success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=Tochium]Please guys I need your help/advice. I got admission to study Aeronautical Tech Aviation Mgt at San
Jacinto College Central, Pasadena, TX.
My program is scheduled to start on the
26th August, 2013 unfortunately i was
denied visa on the 23rd July 2013. Below
is how the interview went;
CO: GOOD-MORNING! CAN I HAVE YOUR
PASSPORT?
ME: HERE IS IT MA'AM (I GAVE IT TO
HER)

Sorry for that bro, use university admission to get your visa then transfer to a college of your choice. my 2cent bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
@Justwise, how do you do? I am passionately appealing to you for Amefrica. Please pardon him for not strictly keeping to the rules and regulations. Obviously, I would say he got banned because of me. Do forgive him! He's very intelligent and hard-working.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.