Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487945 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Keep that date and if your form I-20 doesn't arrive 2 weeks to that date, then you know the right command for your fingers. Moreover, dates would be available abundantly soon. Don't rush if you're not set.

Thanks bro!! I already printed out the confirmation page.. Let's see how it goes shaa.. I pray this I20 arrive next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
@bigfrancis21 we gat to talk but i dont how to make use of this nairaland PM stuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Amefrica, you don't have to worry. Just get everything done. Follow Imperiouxx's advice and you'll be fine. He's our mentor here or should i call him Youth Mentor? "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hello House, Who knows how long it takes UNILORIN to complete verification of transcript from Wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
De Tus: @Amefrica, you don't have to worry. Just get everything done. Follow Imperiouxx's advice and you'll be fine. He's our mentor here or should i call him Youth Mentor? "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going".

Thanks bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nlanders, been a while i dropped a msg.....
school has bin crazy down here with lots of things to do....
am even behind in class....
understanding quantum chemistry is kinda nasty....
ofcos i knew assignments wud b much and all....
i jus dint no dat my chem knowledge had deteriorated....
dis deterioration is affecting my coordination and organometallic knowledge...
trying to catch up with all these plus d TA thingy with scripts and hours of working in d lab....
i feel i may just breakdown.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
virgin ice: Nlanders, been a while i dropped a msg.....
trying to catch up with all these plus d TA thingy with scripts and hours of working in d lab....

Pele ... I know that feeling. Just try to work on your time management and you'll be fine. The lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls house,am having problem in paying my application fee online,can I ask someone in US to pay for me ? Or can anyone help me out in the house?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
JFK12: Pls house,am having problem in paying my application fee online,can I ask someone in US to pay for me ? Or can anyone help me out in the house?

Use a GTBank Naira Mastercard.. It always works... Many peeps have used it to pay for their application fees online for their schools in the US including me as well.. And it worked perfectly....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Use a GTBank Naira Mastercard.. It always works... Many peeps have used it to pay for their application fees online for their schools in the US including me as well.. And it worked perfectly....

It GTBank Naira Mastercard I have been using O
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Yvete: awww ... moving on to part 4! smiley
Good †̥o see you here. It has been α while madam yvete.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
NL MUMMY ITS BEEN A LONG LONG TIME WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHERE IS SHE SELF HE DON TAIL NO BE TODAY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls house help me is it possible for d sku to re-issued anoda i-20 for u should in case u haven't get d one sent using mail not courier? abeg advice cos d resumption date on my i-20 is october 1st and my interview is 19th. pls and pls advice me way forward.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2013

You won't die but feel like you gonna die soon. After few months, you too will become hardcore. No rest till the last day, in fact as a scientist that would require lab work for thesis.... You'll soon start getting pure vibes of pressure. I work till 11 pm these days, come back home weak and terrible. Still, I try my best to catch up with classes and assignments/presentations. That's what makes US education grand master of that in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
PLS oooo.. I'm filling the DS form.. What should I choose "Present Occupation/Education" ? Is it unemployed or student ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
STUDENT. OR WHAT DO YOU DO PRESENTLY SINCE YOU DONT HAVE ANY WORK EXPRIENCE AND YOU ARE NOT WORKING PRESENTLY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Amefrica: HELP!!!!!!!!

I just booked my appointment and guess what ?! Oct 3 is the only available date this year, I had no choice than to book it.. I'm not even prepared, this date is too early. Now a lot is going on on my head/mind.. I don't even know what to do anymore.. I'm just so confused...

I20 has not arrived, I haven't paid the SEVIS fee, I haven't collected my WAEC certificate and so on and on.. Someone should pls put me in my right senses...*crying*.. sad

Fret not bro. Tell it to Jesus. Aside, oorun to wa loke yi to aso gbe now. Have a schedule on how to go about it. Your I20 will come this week or next week by His grace. Also, ur WAEC result is ready nw. A friend got his yesterday. Just go to Ijokodo(if na GCE u use) or ur school. Just be calm: calmness is power, right thought is mastery.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
godG:

Fret not bro. Tell it to Jesus. Aside, oorun to wa loke yi to aso gbe now. Have a schedule on how to go about it. Your I20 will come this week or next week by His grace. Also, ur WAEC result is ready nw. A friend got his yesterday. Just go to Ijokodo(if na GCE u use) or ur school. Just be calm: calmness is power, right thought is mastery.

Thanks bro! I love this.. #JahBlessYou
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 2:10am On Sep 06, 2013
Tired of trying to settle in. My landlord just said he can rent out the apt to me anylonger cos the court wouldn't stamp/seal the lease agreement unless I've lived in the US for over 1yr or have a green card... School has resumed since tuesday and I still haven't even step a foot into the school.... cry sad embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:39am On Sep 06, 2013
flynbird: Tired of trying to settle in. My landlord just said he can rent out the apt to me anylonger cos the court wouldn't stamp/seal the lease agreement unless I've lived in the US for over 1yr or have a green card... School has resumed since tuesday and I still haven't even step a foot into the school.... cry sad embarassed

Your state's law is too stringent. You can't just be missing clases like that, look for someone that needs a roommate. Just for few months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 3:45am On Sep 06, 2013
flynbird: Tired of trying to settle in. My landlord just said he can rent out the apt to me anylonger cos the court wouldn't stamp/seal the lease agreement unless I've lived in the US for over 1yr or have a green card... School has resumed since tuesday and I still haven't even step a foot into the school.... cry sad embarassed

Babe use Craigslist to find people who need roommates abi housemates na...Craigslist is the surest way right now. Protocols are usually not involved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 06, 2013
@flynbird: don't be isolated. Go to the school and talk to other international students. I'm pretty sure you gonna get somebody. Again, do not isolate yourself. Make friends in the school. It's also helpful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 6:46am On Sep 06, 2013

Wow!

Seems u've had it hard since you got here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Timilehin3(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2013

nice i saw som1 in my field of study....au is CHM over dre. Planned going 4 M.Sc Environmental Chm, whc schl r u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Timilehin.:

nice i saw som1 in my field of study....au is CHM over dre. Planned going 4 M.Sc Environmental Chm, whc schl r u?

She can't answer you now.. I can feel her stress
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=JFK12]

It GTBank Naira Mastercard I have been using O
GOT SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU, 1, HOW MANY ACCOUNT DID YOU HAVE WITH GTBANK, 2, DID YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY THAT CAN COVER YOUR APPLICATION FEES.
WHY I ASK THE FIRST QUESTION IS THIS, IF YOU HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS WITH GTBANK ONE OF THEM WILL BE USE AS YOUR DEFAULT ACCOUNT, WHICH THEY WILL USE FOR ALL YOUR INTERNET TRANSACTIONS AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE CASH INSIDE IT YOUR TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT GO THROUGH. BUT IF IS JUST 1 ACCOUNTS AND YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY INSIDE IT PLS KINDLY MAIL cardservices@gtbank.com for your complain.
GTBANK MASTER CARD WORKS EVERYWHERE. I HOPE THIS HELP YOU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
Am seeing prices on Craigslist for Lawrence, (shared apartments ) give it a shot...

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/roo/

be strong ooo....u dey inspire PHD prospects .Like us...oh . grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Amefrica:

I'm having the same problem as you.. Mine is from 9th of August, and they don recognise me for the post office.. I never receive am yet oo
hey bro, just go back to the nipost ask of the person in charge of dropping mails in your street talk to the guy tell him you need it urgently and that if you get it quickly you'll tip him just be sure he'll make an effort to get you the i-20 cos they like tips...it worked for me but getting a mail from u.s through nipost will take 4-5weeks so just chillax
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
If average app fee = $80 angry
then 4 Schools = 4 x 80 = $320 embarassed
320 x 160 = 51,200 lipsrsealed whew!!!Sweating
GRE = 30,000 angry
Transcript = 4 x 2500 = 10,000
estimated (51000+30000+10000) + other = 100,000 undecided

boy oh boy!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
elkharpone: hey bro, just go back to the nipost ask of the person in charge of dropping mails in your street talk to the guy tell him you need it urgently and that if you get it quickly you'll tip him just be sure he'll make an effort to get you the i-20 cos they like tips...it worked for me but getting a mail from u.s through nipost will take 4-5weeks so just chillax

Yea, thanks bro.. I have the man's number and I call him everyday even this morning.. He said he hasn't received it yet.. Today makes it 4 weeks. sad I hope to get it this coming week, thanks once again..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
electronic: If average app fee = $80 angry
then 4 Schools = 4 x 80 = $320 embarassed
320 x 160 = 51,200 lipsrsealed whew!!!Sweating
GRE = 30,000 angry
Transcript = 4 x 2500 = 10,000
estimated (51000+30000+10000) + other = 100,000 undecided

boy oh boy!!!

Did you graduate from Unilag?

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.