Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487591 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yvete:

Yea, I'm aiight. Your success story is NEXT!

AAAAMEN. Thanks smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
queen47: Hi House, like i stated in one of the threads that I was to go for tourist visa interview on 2nd, I did go and was denied. Now I'm thinking of applying as a student so I can go with student visa. I wanna apply for nursing but the thing is I already have my Registered Nurse and Registered midwife certificates,

1-R.N.'s applying to the program must provide evidence of current Texas RN licensure. (School I contacted is in Texas)
The bolded does not apply to you ma'am. The RN-BSN program is for those licensed in TX. Whatever license you got in Nigeria will not count at this point. You need to apply as a FRESHMAN for BSN to a 4yr University.

Pls, would appreciated a list of some good affordable schools so I can look them up. Will prefer schools in Texas cos I have a sis there.

Which transcript are you sending out for evaluation? If you have a BS, evaluate the transcript and apply for a second-degree BSN/Accelerated program. I don't think I should explain everything in detail since you've got a sis in the states, TX precisely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
kofsy: I saw some good schools that are 'topping their leagues' when it comes to Msc. in Clinical Psychology, but their tuitions scared me off. I don't want to put my hope on a scholarship that I may or may not get that's why I settled for MSU.

Lady, you seem academically sound to maintain funding. Don't fret over tuition costs with better schools. Nail the GRE and get funding. I'd say go for Clinical Psychology! Don't "settle".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2013
olarwarlay: Sis, I knew U were kidding now.I no press P. grin

Has the school sent out your Admission document?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Hasta la vista, babe! cheesy
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
Do you have the green card that folds into three?you or your mum should have it. It has the records of all the immunizations you had as a kid. I still have mine. One of the schools I applied to requested for the same immunization records and I just took the card to a hosptial and a doc signed the forms for me. You can try that.

Madam Nas:

That green card wey you just mention like that get big meaning oooo. Abegiiiii!!!! grin grin grin grin

I used to think those immunization cards have a yellow color and called a yellow card ni ooo - maybe I am wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ms Nas: So much ado because of the name of a school..so lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed maybe she's scared of NRC.

What about you? Did you at any time tell us the name of your prospective schools and course?

Both of una be the same jor. undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Yvete:
I'm positive @queen47 can take the NCLEX to obtain nursing licensure for Texas.she can then run the RN-BSN program.I believe that's a shorter route to the degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
flynbird:

That's the major reason I didn't disclose the schools name on this thread. Anyone who is really willing to school wld google schools and do his/her own research instead of asking for schools on here. Not everyone who reads this thread really wants to go schooling. Some just see it as a means to get into the US. They ruin others chances of getting admitted. Lots of travel agents could also be visiting this thread to get new updates and they often process visas for people who do not have the intention of schooling. God help us!

You are very wrong on this, you are keeping the name of your school and getting other info on here. Will you have access to that if all of us do the same thing?

I agree most people are fake applicants but no one is runining any chance. It has always been like that from the "cretaceous". You think say na only Nigerians dey do am? Madam, America is too big for all that jare.

If you have a good degree and grades, any school will admit you. All they need are sharp brains and our money.

Hey, did you resolve your issue with WES? I know what you can do, but I will also keep it to my self so that other agents reading this thread won't take advantage of it.

Goodluck!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
OjaP:
Hey, did you resolve your issue with WES? I know what you can do, but I will also keep it to my self so that other agents reading this thread won't take advantage of it.

Goodluck!!
grin grin grin lol. Flynbird go soon enter one chance grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
OjaP:

You are very wrong on this, you are keeping the name of your school and getting other info on here. Will you have access to that if all of us do the same thing?

I agree most people are fake applicants but no one is runining any chance. It has always been like that from the "cretaceous". You think say na only Nigerians dey do am? Madam, America is too big for all that jare.

If you have a good degree and grades, any school will admit you. All they need are sharp brains and our money.

Goodluck!!

Lol.. I know there are pros and cons about disclosing schools but I have my reason for not disclosing the schools name. And I've done my research about the school and have reasons for choosing it which I can always defend during the interview.

And yeah I've sorted out the evaluation issue. WES refunded me. I had to go through GCE. Mailed them before proceeding though. And guess what? Its just $145 to get it done and they accept scanned copies of transcripts! I had copies of my transcripts. Would have cost me mailing time and money to get another transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
winbyforce:
grin grin grin lol. Flynbird go soon enter one chance grin

Excuse me.! Can't you respect someone's decision? And why on earth should you say "Flynbird go soon enter one chance"? How would you feel if I was pessimistic about your application and told you the VO won't grant you Visa? Huh? Please be matured. Its my decision so let me deal with it! I've read this thread from part 1 and I know what to look for in a schools so please stop quoting me about a school you don't know. There are other issues to deal with on this thread than being bothered about what school I'm applying to. Period!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
flynbird:

Excuse me.! Can't you respect someone's decision? And why on earth should you say "Flynbird go soon enter one chance"? How would you feel if I was pessimistic about your application and told you the VO won't grant you Visa? Huh? Please be matured. Its my decision so let me deal with it! I've read this thread from part 1 and I know what to look for in a schools so please stop quoting me about a school you don't know. There are other issues to deal with on this thread than being bothered about what school I'm applying to. Period!
Please don't be annoyed,I'm sorry. Didn't mean it that way. Was just trying to make a light joke. Success is yours! Go grab it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Also, my school shocked me (though I no dey die) beginning of this semester when they asked for part tuition from new Nigerian student(s) before they can release I-20. I don't know their motives but to me that was shocking.... It wasn't like that before.

This is a serious development. Nigerian students must have done something awful to warrant this type of response from the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Winbyforce

Nowhere did I mention that the lady cannot sit for TX board exams. What I suggested is totally different from what you suggested. Advise her and let other people say what they know as well. Her ONLY option for RN-BSN is to enroll at a CC for pre-reqs while she prepares/sit for NCLEX exams. Mind you, each state in the US has its own board exams. From the schools' requirement for admission (TSI ie freshman courses, SAT and TX licensure), she would spend at least a year at a CC before gaining admission to nursing school.

Nowhere did I write that she cannot sit for NCLEX....and if she has a BS, the RN-BSN route is not "faster".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

This is a serious development. Nigerian students must have done something awful to warrant this type of response from the school.

I don't know and really angry about it. I asked the Indians but no one gave any reason for that...... They don't know too and didn't had such experience. So, I guess it's a new development starting this spring provided that the student isn't admitted with GA position.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yvete: Winbyforce

Nowhere did I mention that the lady cannot sit for TX board exams. What I suggested is totally different from what you suggested. Advise her and let other people say what they know as well. Her ONLY option for RN-BSN is to enroll at a CC for pre-reqs while she prepares/sit for NCLEX exams. Mind you, each state in the US has its own board exams. From the schools' requirement for admission (TSI ie freshman courses, SAT and all), she would spend at least a year at a CC before gaining admission to nursing school.

Nowhere did I write that she cannot sit for NCLEX.
Nah,I'm just trying to rub minds with you.I dey naija and don't know d full scope of things there.I thot that if she did d exam in abuja,it would ease her admission into the program.I don't think she has a BS.My bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
flynbird:

Cool, cool my flynbird. You're going to get many and different types of advise. So easy with them..... Best of luck to all of you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nice4life: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yvete: If you expect everyone to "do their own research", it's hypocritical to ask questions relating to your degree on the same thread! ---Yea!

#CandidObserver ...
Hello yvete, how is the weekend going for you and how is Houston? I am planning a short strip to Texas, Katy precisely then Dallas and possibly visit Houston.I have heard so much about Texas never been there , hope the weather is friendly in summer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yvete:

Has the school sent out your Admission document?

No, they haven't. I think I am the one delaying though 'coz when I entered my Ogun State address on the website of the courier service the school uses, they were like 'they do not deliver to my address'. So, maybe I'll use a Lagos address on Monday.
Thanks for checking to know how far, You really are a good Sis! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I don't know and really angry about it. I asked the Indians but no one gave any reason for that...... They don't know too and didn't had such experience. So, I guess it's a new development starting this spring provided that the student isn't admitted with GA.
Some Nigerians out there are really giving Nigeria a bad name. Disheartening#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by NairalandFBI: 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yvete: Winbyforce

Nowhere did I mention that the lady cannot sit for TX board exams. What I suggested is totally different from what you suggested. Advise her and let other people say what they know as well. Her ONLY option for RN-BSN is to enroll at a CC for pre-reqs while she prepares/sit for NCLEX exams. Mind you, each state in the US has its own board exams. From the schools' requirement for admission (TSI ie freshman courses, SAT and TX licensure), she would spend at least a year at a CC before gaining admission to nursing school.

Nowhere did I write that she cannot sit for NCLEX....and if she has a BS, the RN-BSN route is not "faster".

Very gud you have learnt to tlk 2 people with respect witout been rude or arrogant. Always be humble.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Nairaland FBI:

Very gud you have learnt to tlk 2 people with respect witout been rude or arrogant. Always be humble.

This guy only registered just to answer Yvete.......looooooool grin. If only we know who's talking, that would have conveyed more weight to your message rather than anonymous account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Can't say if it was because of Nigerians but that is what was asked from the Nigerian applicant and it's annoying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
flynbird:

Lol.. I know there are pros and cons about disclosing schools but I have my reason for not disclosing the schools name. And I've done my research about the school and have reasons for choosing it which I can always defend during the interview.

And yeah I've sorted out the evaluation issue. WES refunded me. I had to go through GCE. Mailed them before proceeding though. And guess what? Its just $145 to get it done and they accept scanned copies of transcripts! I had copies of my transcripts. Would have cost me mailing time and money to get another transcript

You seem to be fine. But is GCE not going to verify your transcript?

Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by djunit1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Na today Naija name don spoil? Asking for tuition from Nigerians may or may not have anything to do with what Nigerians did recently. I went a whole semester before without paying a penny even though I am Nigerian but Indians couldn't. Every school is different
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
olarwarlay:

@webdstradamus - it's Moorhead o my brother. Please can You help if You are close?

I'm about 4.5 hrs away but then I checked with Fedex yesterday and realized it will cost $98 to mail it to you from here so I think you're better off going with the school's option.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by NairalandFBI: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

This guy only registered just to answer Yvete.......looooooool grin. If only we know who's talking, that would have conveyed more weight to your message rather than anonymous account.
I have been following this thread ever since I finished my NYSC last year. You be one of the people wey I respect on this thread. I am not anonymous, I am joining the group officially because i am expecting my i-20 from my school and need to ask some questions. I have read some Yvete's post where she was so rude to people. Many people like me are even afraid to post because of the fear of getting dissed. I have read this thread from page 1. I just dey wish make people like nethacker,nairaspace,superbrain,kspecial, seniorak47,ojap,bomny,djunit,gongoaso participate actively. These people answer your questions with respect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.