Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,222 members, 7,860,415 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489871 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigwig10(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
And @tecno,dunno if I directed any of my questions to u and if I can rememba I ask frm a particular person dunno hw many thread am goin to read before I get what I want and am sure its a situation one is goin through one just has to post to seek ideas n talks so please brother share what you have and not belate references
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigwig10(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
@ferdi thanks brother,how can I go about doing that SAT please send me the link or details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
bigwig10: And @tecno,dunno if I directed any of my questions to u and if I can rememba I ask frm a particular person dunno hw many thread am goin to read before I get what I want and am sure its a situation one is goin through one just has to post to seek ideas n talks so please brother share what you have and not belate references

What u want have been dealt with in the past. Go to old threads and pages and enrich yourself. Your problem is you talk about B.Sc and MSc at the same time. Which one do you want? which course?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
technolee:

@bigwig10, please, you are always dragging this thread backward with your questions. I will suggest that you take time to research first before dishing out questions. I didn't know about NL before pursuing a graduate study in the US and I gathered more than enough via google.
We need other solid questions to learn from because, you have answers to yours in previous pages.

My thoughts exactly. He is pushing all at once...he can do that by going to old threads and pages.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by John1305(m): 4:02am On Apr 28, 2013
Has anything been said about Med. School admittance (foreign).. If not, then I hope I ont pull the thread backwards by asking here..Are all those exams also required or just the Mcat (US & Can.)?

Happy to know there was somthin like this thread..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 5:19am On Apr 28, 2013
@John 1305, it is not possible to gain direct admission to medical school in the us. You need to decide if you want to get a masters first, do a post-baccalaureate pre-med program or get your prerequisites from a community college because you need at least one year of pre-med courses before you can apply for admission. For some Canadian medical schools, you can apply directly from Naija. According to the stories i have heard, the chance of getting accepted is slim but "possible". Anywayz to answer ur other question about the exams to write, the route you pick (from d options above) will determine the exams you'll write. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Puvguy: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2013
@ferdimako

I really appreciate your patience with bigwig10. Guys like him shouldn't go to USA, honestly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hello Guys,
Is it too early to book appointment for Fall? Actually i have booked May 16 but somebody told me that is too early that i suppose to book 90days before the date of resumption. i need you opinion ASAP to know if i will have to reschedule the appointment.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Am for fall, booked apointment for april. It was a success so u can go ahead. Best of luck dear.
Kunsoft: Hello Guys,
Is it too early to book appointment for Fall? Actually i have booked May 16 but somebody told me that is too early that i suppose to book 90days before the date of resumption. i need you opinion ASAP to know if i will have to reschedule the appointment.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
virgin ice: Am for fall, booked apointment for april. It was a success so u can go ahead. Best of luck dear.

Thanks so Much Virgin Ice's. i appreciate.
i tap into your testimony. mine will be a success too and i will surely come back here to post my Success Interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
I was scheduled for the 8a.m interview on Sunday (yesterday) and got to the embassy around 7:05am cos it was a 15 minutes walking distance from my crib, behold I was the first to get there. Security check started at 7:30am before I entered the waiting room. After finger prints were taken I was asked to wait till I'll be called upon for the interview. I began muttering "Thou O Lord shall arise and have mercy upon me for the time to favor me, Yeah the set time has come". After like 10 minutes, I was the first to be called for the interview on counter No. 2.

V.O: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
V.O: why are you going to the US?
Me: For my PhD Studies
V.O: where?
Me: Told him
V.O: wow!...that's my state
Me: Really?
V.O: Yeah, it's a very good school, you'll enjoy the soccer...blah blah blah
V.O: So, who's gonna pay for your studies?
Me: I'm on a full scholarship
V.O: Really?
Me: Yeah,(so I gave him my offer letter from the department)...he read it
V.O: You mean the university gave you this? (Guess he was surprised at the enormousness of the assistantship)
Me: Yeah
V.O: Can I have your college transcripts?
Me: Sure, here they are....first gave him my BSc transcript, then he later asked for my MS transcript
(He was typing something which I cared less about)
V.O: Are you gonna enroll for any language program
Me: Nope, English is the official language in my country Nigeria and I have passed the English language requirement
V.O: Okay
V.O: Have you ever travelled to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc (He asked because I'm presently in a Gulf country)
Me: Nah, Nah, Nah
V.O: Okay, this is your first time of going to the US?
V.O: Okay, I will approve your visa and it will be ready in 3 days, go to the back over there and pay for the delivery at the FedEx stand. The cost is an equivalent of 2,700 Naira.
Me: 3 days?
V.O: Yeah, 3 days
Me: Thank you
I was just singing in my heart as I left the Embassy with joy in my soul because now I know that DREAMS COME TRUE!!!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bukahands(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
I haven't gotten the original copy of the GRE exam I took this january. What could be wrong ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Isobutylene,

Congrats. PhD rocks....abi? Seems you're a chemist too? Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx: @Isobutylene,

Congrats. PhD rocks....abi? Seems you're a chemist too? Cheers!

Thanks Bro.....I'm a mixture of Chemist and Engineer, I'm a Chemical Engineer.....yeah PhD is the way for people like us!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
Isobutylene: I was scheduled for the 8a.m interview on Sunday (yesterday) and got to the embassy around 7:05am cos it was a 15 minutes walking distance from my crib, behold I was the first to get there. Security check started at 7:30am before I entered the waiting room. After finger prints were taken I was asked to wait till I'll be called upon for the interview. I began muttering "Thou O Lord shall arise and have mercy upon me for the time to favor me, Yeah the set time has come". After like 10 minutes, I was the first to be called for the interview on counter No. 2.

V.O: You mean the university gave you this? (Guess he was surprised at the enormousness of the assistantship)
Me: Sure, here they are....first gave him my BSc transcript, then he later asked for my MS transcript
Me: Nope, English is the official language in my country Nigeria and I have passed the English language requirement
V.O: Have you ever travelled to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc (He asked because I'm presently in a Gulf country)
V.O: Okay, I will approve your visa and it will be ready in 3 days, go to the back over there and pay for the delivery at the FedEx stand. The cost is an equivalent of 2,700 Naira.
I was just singing in my heart as I left the Embassy with joy in my soul because now I know that DREAMS COME TRUE!!!
Congrats Man!I key into ur testimony too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Isobutylene:

Thanks Bro.....I'm a mixture of Chemist and Engineer, I'm a Chemical Engineer.....yeah PhD is the way for people like us!!!

You're welcome. Joining you soon but in the other branch of chemistry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
@imperiouxx

Do you have access to material published in this journal article website called Springer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
justwise: @imperiouxx

Do you have access to material published in this journal article website called Springer?

No but I'll help ask my supervisor today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
justwise: @imperiouxx

What material do you need?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Congrats, Isobutylene!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seems square is helping too but I just wrote my supervisor about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
imperiouxx: Seems square is helping too but just wrote my supervisor about it.

Thanks alot, tried to get the article but it seems that only schools and organisations who are subscribed can access it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
Isobutylene: I was scheduled for the 8a.m interview on Sunday (yesterday) and got to the embassy around 7:05am cos it was a 15 minutes walking distance from my crib, behold I was the first to get there. Security check started at 7:30am before I entered the waiting room. After finger prints were taken I was asked to wait till I'll be called upon for the interview. I began muttering "Thou O Lord shall arise and have mercy upon me for the time to favor me, Yeah the set time has come". After like 10 minutes, I was the first to be called for the interview on counter No. 2.

Congrats bro...welcome on board!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
GboyegaD:

Have you gotten the articles?

Not yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
Congrats Iso. Which State is the VO from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2013

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

Here you go ...

The other one is larger than the 200kb limit, so I split it into 3 parts.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

The other one is larger than the 200kb limit, so I'll split it

Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Square65:

Here you go ...

You're faster than me cry cry My supervisor asked for the links but I think I won't bother anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
De Tus: Congrats Iso. Which State is the VO from?

Minnesota.Haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.