Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again (30969 Views)

Marketers, Hawkers Raise Petrol Price As Scarcity Worsens / Jonathan Plans Shipyard To Boost Maritime Sector / Jonathan Plans To Have Ijaw Republic Says Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 8:50am On Mar 20, 2013
idsamoo: How on earth wld increase in petroleum price reduce the level of hardship nd poverty in Nigeria,,,are these ppl mad?is Gej,nd his supporters crazy?pls can somebody giv mi invisible power to destroy nd strangle dis ppl to death,,,,,am damn seriousss!! Arghhhhhh!!!!

What America and other countries are enjoying today is because of people who suffered, if we continue to subidize laziness we will continue to suffer forever...do not be short sighted
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dsage1: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2013
And some people who're usually reason with their anus will say they're going to vote him again in 2015.

Someone posted BUHARI/OKROCHA 2015, come see how gullible SE people displaying their ignorant. It's as if GEJ being in Aso Rock added values to their pathetic living.

Except GEJ get back to his sense(which is not likely),Nigerians should please for the sake of our future and that of our children,vote him out in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Igosun: 9:03am On Mar 20, 2013
I tell you if you enter for 2015 na Madam Grammar room you enter......for me i no go beg you increase am mtshew angry
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Dsage1: 9:07am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:

What America and other countries are enjoying today is because of people who suffered, if we continue to subidize laziness we will continue to suffer forever...do not be short sighted

What hell is this one talking about? How has SURE-P positively influence the life of already impoverish masses?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by tayus: 9:10am On Mar 20, 2013
God wil deliver nigerians frm d hand of PHAROAH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2013
noblezone: This headline is not only mischievous, it is also disgusting.
Jonathan never raised the prices of petroleum products: the prices has been up and will keep going up as long as Naira is getting weaker.

The administration of Jonathan only removed subsidy! Raising school fees is not the same as stopping allowances from state government.

Subsidy was created by the cabal to loot Nigeria dry!

It is a shame that Nigerians are so poor in their mental faculties that they are rather begging for pea nuts.

God knows that Jonathan is a giant in democracy!
God knows that if I were in Jonathan's shoes as the President and commander in Chief, that I will remove the subsidy madness and dare the consequences.

The Nairaland mob and busy screaming obscenities and throwing tantrums, yet, they never raise a voice over the fact that the PIB is being frustrated in the National Assembly by the same people who are the beneficiaries of the subsidy madness.

Where is occupy Nigeria in this matter?

As far as I see it, Jonathan is ready to deal with the cabal, but Nigerians are holding him hostage.

Jonathan, try what you can and leave Nigerians alone. If only you will get wisdom now and work hard on the diplomacy of disintegration.

As for me, I have given up on Nigeria!

The cabal (if there is anything like that) are not the only ones looting the country dry.

We may be poor in 'mental faculties' as you said but we also know that his provision in the budget of N3m per day for food in Aso Rock is a drain pipe too.

We also have enough brain matter to see many other leakages; security votes to Governors, money for constituency projects, poor tax administration, useless embassies abroad with a lineup of staff and political ambassadors, NNPC and run-down refineries, non-functional Railways with a substantial wage bill, governors, ministers and other public officials stealing in peace, the 18,000 people that consume 25% of our budget, and hundreds of other avenues that GEJ is aware of. What has he done about these?

Did we ever say no to PIB? How come he is able convince Council of State to grant yeye pardons that WE do not want but cannot convince the legislature to pass the PIB if he believes that is what we NEED?

Please tell your oga at the top to leave the 'cabal', who we don't know for now, and fight the leeches you people elected him to confront.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by tayus: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Nobody wey God no fit catch even in d aso rock, na God catch sennacherib, pharoah, herod and many in d bible. make we wait and c
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by dramendra: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Despite all the noise here on NL, many of you will still vote for that Animal like called Gej, its obvious the rich never have the masses in mind, increase in fuel money increase in their money, but what I know for sure is, they can't buy life, they will surely die someday.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by neyyo: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
THEM NEVA BORN HIM PAPA WELL !!! Na this wan God go take PUNISH AM..MAKE THAT DEVIL WEY DEY DECEIVE AM TELL AM SAY NIGERIANS NO GO VIOLENT THIS TIME!
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Startechng: 9:47am On Mar 20, 2013
Why him won raise the prize? Na him papa won buy the fuel?

Isn't he becoming worst at baba? How many times does he want to raise fuel prize in his single tenure?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by henrysam(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
Dem no born am well
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by JummyBy: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2013
After Alamieyeseigha's pardon, nothing seems impossible anymore. We will survive, we always do. Then we will wait for 2015...
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Pergrace: 10:13am On Mar 20, 2013
blackchukky: The only problem I foresee is that Nigerians would shout, complain and later adapt to the new changes, the same trend going on for years

True word Bros

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Munepirates: 10:34am On Mar 20, 2013
vote General Muhammadu Buhari. you're guaranteed that no one will steal from the "treasury". the money will be used to develop infrastructure, and the small starter will have a chance to grow. GMB is known to be the one that sent Maitatsine parking from Nigeria. he has the pedigree. He'll flush boko haram. and for those of you who wonder what boko haram is, its a tool used by pdp to settle internal issues. it was the pdp northern elite that promised Nigeria will be ungovernable, not GMB.
2015, sai GMB

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover: [size=28pt]O My fellow Nigerians, why do we inadvently conderm ourselves to to perpetual life of doom and gloom[/size]

Derugulation should mean governments gets out of the business of distributing products and competing with the business man on the downstream sector...
It should mean that people can invest in refining in country
it should mean that Nigeria should tend towards less exportation of raw crude to exportation of refined products, thus add value and jobs to the economy,
it should mean govt will cut the high overhead and recurrent expenduture spent in managing this services.
It should mean more competition in that sector...

All these thrown away because we want someone else to pay the price of crude for us?
Its a real pity
I guess I understand where you are coming from. Any right thinking person will also support subsidy removal. However, answer the following questions for me:
how has the money from the partial removal been used? How has it been utilized? I will need definite facts and figures. Who and who has been prosecuted and convicted for the previous subsidy fraud? How much is fuel in your area presently (l pay 120)? Why is Allison still heading that ministry? The president said last year that by June 2012, Nigerians will thank him for the partial subsidy removal, would you say that happened? From the way the partial removal was done and all the drama that followed, would you say an average Nigerians can still trust and support the president for total removal of subsidy knowing that justice will be done and the money realized properly used?
I await your response.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by BashMe1(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2013
Hin Fagbon Malada, E go be like movie 4 hin eyes... Devo' Advocate
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Yusluv77(m): 10:55am On Mar 20, 2013
Oga Egbere, clueless, retardeen, Jolanther (ECRJ) If you dont want Almighty God to devastate ur life and ur family, pls do away with subsidy of thing and face the challenges the mass are confronting now...
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by optimusprime2(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
*exhales* Aaaaaaah... Fresh air
chai... Odechukwu.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

I guess I understand where you are coming from. Any right thinking person will also support subsidy removal. However, answer the following questions for me:
how has the money from the partial removal been used? How has it been utilized? I will need definite facts and figures. Who and who has been prosecuted and convicted for the previous subsidy fraud? How much is fuel in your area presently (l pay 120)? Why is Allison still heading that ministry? The president said last year that by June 2012, Nigerians will thank him for the partial subsidy removal, would you say that happened? From the way the partial removal was done and all the drama that followed, would you say an average Nigerians can still trust and support the president for total removal of subsidy knowing that justice will be done and the money realized properly used?
I await your response.

Lets be pessimistic and also ask, how has the money from the telecoms licences paid been used..$285 million per operator that time....you do not cut your nose to spite your face....
its like saying because people are going to eat the $285 million, hence stop deregulation of telecoms sector and rely on Nitel....
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by nonesense: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2013
[size=16pt]God go punish people wey talk say dem go vote
this Dude 2015, you will all suffer and smile till u rot in hell
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by anitank(f): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2013
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:10am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

I await your response.
You seem to forget that the subsidy itself is a fraud...
Our system of governance is built on providing subsidy for able bodied human beings...we have decide to take the small money we have and generally encourage the masses to wallow in laziness...and you people are indirectly defending such a system...

If subsidy did not exist...there whould be no subsidy fraud...forget the politics of SURE-P and think straight for once...
The best functions of a government are regulations, if we insist that the government should run our lives then we should be prepared to also live with the associated corruption that is involved in such sillyness.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2013
D sage:

What hell is this one talking about? How has SURE-P positively influence the life of already impoverish masses?
Why r you so myopic and so short termed!
did I talk of SURE-P anywhere?
I talked about allowing a privately run down stream sector and the opportunities it would create and you are refering to SURE-P...
Stop looking for freebiee...free thing dey purge belle...and that whats is killing nigerians

we have been told that government will run our lives and and we are happy with such policies...
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by ceejay80s(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2013
ddippset: this man, god don really punish am well well.
na the big G GOD go punish am, the small letter g god no get power
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:
You seem to forget that the subsidy itself is a fraud...
Our system of governance is built on providing subsidy for able bodied human beings...we have decide to take the small money we have and generally encourage the masses to wallow in laziness...and you people are indirectly defending such a system...

If subsidy did not exist...there whould be no subsidy fraud...forget the politics of SURE-P and think straight for once...
The best functions of a government are regulations, if we insist that the government should run our lives then we should be prepared to also live with the associated corruption that is involved in such sillyness.
I have already said that I get you point. And even agree with them. But you have not answered the questions I raised. Please address them. Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by benni(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Just cannot understand why our leaders are so wicked and selfish,taught he was with the masses when he said he had no shoes.
I am yet to see any single tangible thing that has been achieved since the last increase in the price of PMS.Where are the mass transit buses,new refineries,roads,airport,schools etc?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by obi123: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2013
but will “discuss” with the public the easiest way to do it.

is there really an easy way to complicate people's already stressful lives
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Nairaland / General : Politics , Romance , Business , Investment , Jobs/Vacancies , Career , NYSC , Education , Autos , Car Talk , Properties , Health , Travel , Family , Culture , Religion , Food , Diaries , Nairaland Ads
Featured Links: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 / Twitter / Facebook
» Do Names Actually Have Effect On One ' s Life ? «
» Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again «
» Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails ? «

The "Jonathan plans to raise petrol prices again" thread that was initially on its way out of the front page has been moved up AGAIN to number two on the front page by disgruntled and shamelessly biased moderators.

The abuse of ones privillaged position is also CORRUPTION. Shame on all corrupt Nigerians, including the corrupt moderators on NL
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2013
Rhapsody!:

I have already said that I get you point. And even agree with them. But you have not answered the questions I raised. Please address them. Thank you.
SURE P was meant to address noise makers, its politics, as far as I am concerned, the big picture is what I am interested in.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by DaLover(m): 11:20am On Mar 20, 2013
benni: Just cannot understand why our leaders are so wicked and selfish,taught he was with the masses when he said he had no shoes.
I am yet to see any single tangible thing that has been achieved since the last increase in the price of PMS.Where are the mass transit buses,new refineries,roads,airport,schools etc?
How old are you?
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Rhapsody1(f): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2013
DaLover:

Lets be pessimistic and also ask, how has the money from the telecoms licences paid been used..$285 million per operator that time....you do not cut your nose to spite your face....
its like saying because people are going to eat the $285 million, hence stop deregulation of telecoms sector and rely on Nitel....
I have said it before that the main thing that puts me off this forum is the lack of objectivity of most users. You may be a GEJ fan and still truthfully answer my questions. It does not equal disloyality.
The answers to my question will reveal why people are truly for or against the removal. So may I have those answers now. Just pretend I am a high schooler and answer me.
Re: Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again by Capnd143(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2013
DANZING ALINGO . . . .
#OCCUPYNIGERIA TINS ON MY MIND!

Getting my placards ready . . . . Writing . .
No more feul price increase, but politicians salary decrease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Welcomes Paul Biya To Nigeria (Photos) / Buhari, Not Jonathan To Be Blamed For $9bn Judgement Debt, Says P&ID / We Won’t Submit To Buhari’s TSA – N/ Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.