Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts (6387 Views)

NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps / NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / Nysc Members To Be Trained In Martial Arts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by TUMIC(m): 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
Director General, National Youth Service Corps,
NYSC, Brig-Gen. Nnamdi Affia, has emphasized the need to train corps members in self defence.
Affia, during a visit to Akwa Ibom State NYSC
permanent camp, noted that due to reports of kidnapping in the country, self protection had become mandatory for everyone.
He said the introduction of martial art was to expose all corps member to various ways in which they could protect themselves.

Affia urged corp members to understand the community they are posted to after their three weeks in camp and shun acts of confrontation with village idols in the name of religion. He charged corps members to dress decently and avoid night parties and unnecessary traveling.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/nysc-trains-corps-members-in-martial-art/

3 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by vision2050: 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
kunfu nko?
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 20, 2013
Well, I am in the orientatation camp in adamawa currently and I have to say the martial arts being taught here sucks. I was expecting we would get an instructor from Karate or Taekwondo but what we have is a man o war guy parading himself as a master. No worthy thing being passed on. Just a couple of movements to be demonstrated at the orientation camp's passing out parade.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by goldfish80(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Is α forthnight enuf to teach some1 martial arts? I doubt that. They are just playing to τђΞ gallery

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by konn: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
wetin concern martial art with villge idol?

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by boarnerges: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2013
in as much as its a laudable effort to reinforce and pixeliate the program,i ask this question; whats martial art compared with the bombs and warheads that boko haram and kidnappers carry respectively. Face boko haram with your martial art skills and your name go be sorry. Federal government will honour you in absentia.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by coolestboy(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2013
D martial art is d most nonsensical trainin we had here in rivers state. We were taught as if d attacker is a dummie.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by omoodeogere(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
vision2050: kunfu nko?
or chaolin

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by EasyArch(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Martial Arts in this 21st century? undecided what good is martial art skills in front of an AK-47 carrying kidnapper or armed robber? with one bullet u and ur martial skills is gone. grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by theripper: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
It's like bringing a knife to a gun-fight. Totally silly. Train dem to use guns Mr Oga.
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by sobastical: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Abeg make dem stop to dey give us 'bobo' jare, tired of all this junk talk shey na martial arts person go dey chop after service ni We dey talk about development dem dey talk martial art. Dem for include gidigbo sef...yeye people.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by rill: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Ta wan bois ba wole pe nu ibon ati bullet....u go forget all d yeye karate undecided

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2013
zenkutsu dachi gedan barai kamaete! KIAI grin

Identify yourself if you are a black belt holder.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by dridowu: 9:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Preparation 4 rio de janerio 2016 finally begin. So funny
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by nairaman66(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2013
Misplaced priorities by NYSC and the Federal Government!
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by ACM10: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Here comes our elite graduates from the Nigeria's premier Shaolin temple.
grin

3 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by searay(m): 10:02am On Mar 21, 2013
This post has been deleted by the Poster.
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by Pangea: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Chungchi: Well, I am in the orientatation camp in adamawa currently and I have to say the martial arts being taught here sucks. I was expecting we would get an instructor from Karate or Taekwondo but what we have is a man o war guy parading himself as a master. No worthy thing being passed on. Just a couple of movements to be demonstrated at the orientation camp's passing out parade.

shocked shocked shocked
What are you expecting?
grin grin grin
Neo: I know kungfu
Morpheus: [eyeing him, hand on chin] Show me

You think martial arts will protect you from guns?
When i saw the article, i knew the government was joking as usual, wanting to teach something useful? why not add firearms training along the martial art.
Then you know, you will get certified military instructors!
Imagine, Man o war tutoring corpers, self defense? tongue
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by searay(m): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2013
Joke of the Century.
Please someone should tell Affia that ths is not a Chineese film but reality. Martial art Defence against AK 47s and IEDs?

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by TableLeg(m): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2013
Waste of time and resources .....SCRAP that nonsense!
Martial arts ko, Tai Chi ni!
Fu...cking idio...ts!
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by onye100: 10:04am On Mar 21, 2013
Nysc no serious! What sought of stupid idea is dat & who brought de idea? I tink he should be flogged. 9ja is confused!
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by okemmadu(m): 10:08am On Mar 21, 2013
To fight boko haram?

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by Dibiachukwu: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2013
Boko haram beware. Our corpers now know kunfu.
tuchai grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2013
I seriously tink dats a gud idea...i love dat
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by ACM10: 10:27am On Mar 21, 2013
ACM10: Here comes our elite graduates from the Nigeria's premier Shaolin temple.
grin

4 Likes

Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by tjskii(f): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2013
Will martial arts save u from boko bomb or gunshots from unidentified gunmen,mscheeww,wen they shud be talkin bout giving corpers guns to protect demselves tongue
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by CHIDONE: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2013
It's a good Idea,but can they learn this martial art within their period of short stay in orientation camp?
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by brownlord: 10:52am On Mar 21, 2013
A
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by dedons: 10:53am On Mar 21, 2013
Yes ooooo.....they need it to confront d boko boys

that is if they can grin
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by JimmyBoy1: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2013
coolestboy: D martial art is d most nonsensical trainin we had here in rivers state. We were taught as if d attacker is a dummie.

Lol
Re: NYSC To Train Corpers In Martial Arts by heykims(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2013
Training martial arts as i taekwondo, judo, or karate just in 3wks, cant stop laughing...
For it took me months to learn a proper dolio chegi, simplest kick of all!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m / Monthly Allowance: February Allawee Not Yet Paid / Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM) Results Are Out, June 2014 Diet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.