Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

"Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan (874 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Victor Moses Has Passed His Medical And Is Officially A Chelsea Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan by RedLight1: 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
The former Everton
midfielder wants to follow
in the footsteps of the
Chelsea winger after
watching the Super Eagles
triumph at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in January.

Reading youngster "Hope Akpan" says he wants to play for Nigeria, after being inspired by Victor Moses in the victorious Super Eagles squad at the Africa
Cup of Nations. The 21-year-old was born in
Liverpool, but revealed that
negotiations are ongoing to play
for the nation where his "heart
lies". The former Everton midfielder
told BBC Sport: "That process is
going on as we speak. My
parents are Nigerian so to play
for Nigeria would definitely be an
honour. "I was born in the UK so to play
for England would be an honour
too but, for me, Nigeria at the
minute is where my heart lies. "Watching Nigeria in the Africa
Cup of Nations, I was delighted
they managed to win that, it's
been a while since Nigeria have
been at the top of the tree in
Africa. "To see a young player, who was
brought up in the UK, like Victor
Moses play for the team, do well
for the team - be one of the
outstanding players in the
tournament, I thought, for Nigeria - has inspired me to want
to do the same." Akpan insisted that he has not
had any contact from coach
Stephen Keshi or the Nigerian
Football Association, although he
is eager to make an impression
internationally. He added: "Not particularly, no.
It's something that I'd like, some
contact to go on, because it is
one of the things that I want to
do in the future, play for
Nigeria."

source : www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/03/19/3838719/moses-has-inspired-me-to-play-for-nigeria-claims-readings?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_5
Re: "Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan by RedLight1: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
let the competition for my dear country jersey begins grin kudos to keshi... No automatic jersey anymore

i cant forget how this akpan dude came in for reading in match against chelsea this season and set up the guy that scored 2 goals equalizer... He is a fantastic player and will be a good to super eagles...

buh i hope he is not trying to play boateng for us
Re: "Moses Has Inspired Me To Play For Naija" Reading Hope Akpan by Itoroetti(m): 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hope to see him invited to try his luck with super eagles.congrat boy.I remember everton never gave u the chance to perform,but here are u playing well for Readings.

(1) (Reply)

Willian: Is Jose Mourinho Trying To Get Back At Real Madrid? / Neymer Vs Bale / Massage Slimming Belt Is Available At Joerex Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.