Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi (4671 Views)

Fayose The Prophet Predicts Own Doom By Bayo Oluwasanmi / This Oppression Is Enough From Igala's / See The Service Chiefs In Motion As Captured By Bayo Omoboriowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by TheClown: 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
There's no need for all these argument, the civilised guy called Igalas Antelope because in his civilised language, there is a word with the same spelling refering to antelope. You can see his fellow civilised tribesmen defending him with all their articulacy against brutes. To be fair, a word should be called what is except that a highly civilised man might show some care not to hurt a large number of people just to get at a single brute among them, but then again, the writer and his defenders are highly civilised so that must the way of the civilised.

But you see, going by the writer's generalisation, I'm not as civilised as he is, infact I'm a brute, so I must be allowed some leaverage here. In my own tribe, the civilised tribe known as Yoruba today is called Iyaji, yea, that's the name we brutes call them, ask any brute close to you. And we brute call people by their behavior. So, going by their behavior, we call them Iyaji, meaning, "those who betray for fear." Or "cowards" for short.

So, since my own word for Yoruba translate to coward in english, I should rightly say "Please don't mind the writer from the tribe of cowards, neither argue with his defenders, because a coward must always use his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by EkoIle1: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Typical AfamDbigot coward moves.

Our Yansh:

Dude ran away, tail between legs like a scared squirrel....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by TheClown: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
There's no need for all these argument, the civilised guy called Igalas Antelope because in his civilised language, there is a word with the same spelling refering to antelope. You can see his fellow civilised tribesmen defending him with all their articulacy against brutes. To be fair, a word should be called what it is except that a highly civilised man might show some care not to hurt a large number of people just to get at a single brute among them, but then again, the writer and his defenders are highly civilised so that must the way of the civilised.

But you see, going by the writer's generalisation, I'm not as civilised as he is, infact I'm a brute, so I must be allowed some leaverage here. In my own tribe, the civilised tribe known as Yoruba today is called Iyaji, yea, that's the name we brutes call them, ask any brute close to you. And we brute call people by their behavior. So, going by their behavior, we call them Iyaji, meaning, "those who betray for fear." Or "cowards" for short.

So, since my own word for Yoruba translates to coward in english, I should rightly say "Please don't mind the writer from the tribe of cowards, neither argue with his defenders, because a coward must always use his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank you Bayo for exposing that demented f00l called Ali and his boss Obj.
Obj never worked in the interest of Yoruba's so cannot be our hero, a man who legalised thuggery and in whose tenure the seed of corruption was watered and nurtured to become an evil tree now bringing Nigeria to its knees, such man can never be a Yoruba hero.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by EkoIle1: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
The Clown: There's no need for all these argument, the civilised guy called Igalas Antelope because in his civilised language, there is a word with the same spelling refering to antelope. You can see his fellow civilised tribesmen defending him with all their articulacy against brutes. To be fair, a word should be called what is except that a highly civilised man might show some care not to hurt a large number of people just to get at a single brute among them, but then again, the writer and his defenders are highly civilised so that must the way of the civilised.

So, since my own word for Yoruba translate to coward in english, I should rightly say "Please don't mind the writer from the tribe of cowards, neither argue with his defenders, because a coward must always use his mouth.

I know your name is the clown, but even for a worthless clown that you are, you are a sub clown and a can't spell and write properly WAEC drop out dullard.

Take your dumb illiterate asssss back to elementary school.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by TheClown: 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
These civilised people, always willing to teach brutes proper english even to WAEC level.

Eko Ile, please don't leave a brute in the dark, tell me please, what is it exactly you found wrong with those words you highlighted? Please help, civilised friend, a humble brute, by writing each of the words and providing their correct forms, thanks in anticipation of your help.

Kai, Coward tribesmen, always willing to teach civilised ways.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by EkoIle1: 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
The Clown: These civised people, always willing to teach brutes proper english even WAEC level. Eko Ile, please don't leave a brute in the dark, tell me please, what is it exactly you found wrong with those words you highlighted? Please help me, civilised friend, a humble brute, by writing each of the words and providing their correct forms, thanks in anticipation of you help.

Kai, Coward tribesmen, always willing to teach civilised ways.

Going back to elementary school is still your best bet...
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by EkoIle1: 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ahmadu Ali’s son forged documents to collect N4.4bn subsidy payment, witness tells court

Mamman Ali Photo:thenationonlineng.net

Mamman Ali, an alleged fuel subsidy thief, used forged documents to steal subsidy funds.

Mamman Ali, the son of former Peoples Democratic Party National Chairman, Ahmadu Ali, forged documents to fraudulently collect N4.4 billion as petrol subsidy payments, a witness told a Lagos court on Wednesday.

A prosecution witness, Chidi Onyedikwe, told an Ikeja High Court that some of the documents used by Mamman Ali were forged.

Mr. Onyedikwe was testifying at the resumed trial of Mamman, who is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over a subsidy scam.

The accused was charged alongside Christian Taylor, a Sierra Leonean; Oluwaseun Ogunbambo, an oil marketer; and Nassaman Oil Services.

Mr. Onyedikwe, the Lagos branch manager of Inspectorate Marine Services Nigeria Ltd., had, on February 21, testified that the defendants used fraudulent documents to obtain the money.

Under cross-examination by counsels to the defendants, Kolade Obafemi, and Adebayo Adenipekun, the witness maintained that his company did not issue the documents.

Mr. Onyedikwe listed the documents to include cargo transfer, certificate of quantity, certificate of quality and haulage, all bearing the logos, signatures and stamps of his company.

He said: “As I said, we went through our operational records, our laboratory records and account records.

“Those documents did not emanate from our company even though it was bearing our logos, stamps and signatures.”

Mr. Onyedikwe said that while the haulage report showed that the defendants had imported the petroleum products and that his company had inspected the products, his company did not assign any of its inspectors to carry out the said transaction.

The EFCC had in its charges, claimed that the defendants presented the documents to the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, to obtain the subsidy.

The case, which is being heard by Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo, was adjourned to May 28.

(NAN)

This is the crook the crooked father raised. Rotten Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree..
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by TheClown: 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
I can see this one is not so civilised. He can't even differentiate American written English from Queen's written English. Though very critical of mistakes I must concede, he can't even overlook an obvious typographical error. And why is he talking about betting? I can see the structure of his written English has a lot of room for improvement.

But then again, he is from a civilised tribe, the great coward tribe, and I, a brute.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by EkoIle1: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
The Clown: I can see this one is not so civilised. He can't even differentiate American written English from Queen's written English. Though very critical of mistakes I must concede, he can't even overlook an obvious typographical error. And why is he talking about betting? I can see the structure of his written English has a lot of room for improvement.

But then again, he is from a civilised tribe, the great coward tribe, and I, a brute.

You really should go back to elementary school.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by TheClown: 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
You must be in one yourself, my brother from the tribe of cowards.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by eastOFwest(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
What is actually amazing about this write-up is that, in this day and age, some people are still talking about "kingdoms". I mean, WTF? With attitudes like that, Nigeria will never be modernised.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 6:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Wily/Wily:

I'm not igbo.
Yes Tolexander, i mean Adaka Jasper Issac Boro
Mr Willy willy, you haven't told me who killed isaac jasper boro?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Afam4eva(m): 8:11am On Mar 21, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The author was probably referring to Ali's write-up as Rantings Of An Antelope
[size=13pt]
According to people on this thread, Igala means Antelope in Yoruba. How about the author looking for the meaning of Ahmadu or Ali in Yoruba instead of denigrating his tribe by telling us what it means in Yoruba. Whether he was referring to Ali's tribe as Antelope or Ali himself, it's racist to even involve his tribe in this show of shame. It's even more shameful and satanic that some people see nothing wrong with it.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by OurYansh: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
According to people on this thread, Igala means Antelope in Yoruba. How about the author looking for the meaning of Ahmadu or Ali in Yoruba instead of denigrating his tribe by telling us what it means in Yoruba. Whether he was referring to Ali's tribe as Antelope or Ali himself, it's racist to even involve his tribe in this show of shame. It's even more shameful and satanic that some people see nothing wrong with it.

Your poor comprehension skills is‎​ where the REAL PROBLEM lies...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=13pt]
According to people on this thread, Igala means Antelope in Yoruba. How about the author looking for the meaning of Ahmadu or Ali in Yoruba instead of denigrating his tribe by telling us what it means in Yoruba. Whether he was referring to Ali's tribe as Antelope or Ali himself, it's racist to even involve his tribe in this show of shame. It's even more shameful and satanic that some people see nothing wrong with it.[/size]
better you gat a dictionary to understand what racism is.
An advice anyway!
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Afam4eva(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2013
Tolexander: better you gat a dictionary to understand what racism is.
An advice anyway!
[size=13pt]If a white person had said it, it will be racism, right? Whether racism, or tribalism, they're all the same thing.[/size]
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=13pt]If a white person had said it, it will be racism, right? Whether racism, or tribalism, they're all the same thing.[/size]
they aren't the same man!
Just fess up that you goofed!
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 21, 2013
What is wrong with these ibo people sef? undecided
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by nduchucks: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2013
@Afam4ever, I agree with you that we must vigorously condemn racism whenever it rears its ugly head. In this case however, I think the author is only guilty of playing with words in the common phrase "ranting of an ant".

There is nothing wrong with associating people with animals such as a Lion, Tiger, or even an Antelope, for that matter. I frankly can't think of anything derogative about Antelopes. You yourself will feel good if your lover associates you with an Animal by referring to you as "the Tiger from Enugu (or wherever you are from). If the writer had associated Ali with a Baboon or Neanderthal, you would have had a point.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Afam4eva(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
ndu_chucks: @Afam4ever, I agree with you that we must vigorously condemn racism whenever it rears its ugly head. In this case however, I think the author is only guilty of playing with words in the common phrase "ranting of an ant".

There is nothing wrong with associating people with animals such as a Lion, Tiger, or even an Antelope, for that matter. I frankly can't think of anything derogative about Antelopes. You yourself will feel good if your lover associates you with an Animal by referring to you as "the Tiger from Enugu (or wherever you are from). If the writer had associated Ali with a Baboon or Neanderthal, you would have had a point.
Let's assume Hausa means Goat in Igbo and instead of attacking a certain Adamu that denigrated my tribe, instead i decide to translate what his tribe means in my language and call him by that name. No matter how you look at it, it's insulting to the people of Igala.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by nduchucks: 7:27am On Mar 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Let's assume Hausa means Goat in Igbo and instead of attacking a certain Adamu that denigrated my tribe, instead i decide to translate what his tribe means in my language and call him by that name. No matter how you look at it, it's insulting to the people of Igala.

The problem with your analogy above is that Hausa does not mean Goat in Igbo or any other language, besides goats are universally associated with stupidity. Pray tell, what is the Antelope associated with that can be deemed derogative or negative? Everyone has heard the term "The rantings of an ant" and I'm sure you've never heard anyone using the phrase the "Baaing of a goat", so save us the drama.

The author was simply claiming that Ali's utterances can be described as "The rantings of an ant". He craftily tried to make his 'insult' of Ali seem less insulting by replacing Ant by Antelope.

Stop trying to fuel hatred, the author has not insulted the Igalas.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 22, 2013
jas_o: What do you expect from people who are yet to understand why they exist? Igala people are dummies and lack ability to identify what’s wrong in them. Their father (Ali must go) who's creating or polluting air with his dirty mouth ought to be in jail in a normal country. He must celebrate OBJ for institutionalizing corruption and been made popular as evil party chairman. is indebted with live appreciation for what OBJ did to him. He must match and boast like a rubber who walk freely and as well accusing owner of a stole property for been careless to have allow himself a victim of rubber. Omo ale!
Did you just generalize that Igala people are dummies? Your punctuating skills tells it all. Next time, don't talk when human beings are talking.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by omaigala(m): 8:03am On Mar 22, 2013
OMG! Where was I? Well, now I'm here. Insulting the whole kindom? Well, yorubas are always known to be noise makers sha! Make I no waste my time on this.
Y'all shouting & ranting & insulting Igala people, I tell you guys one thing; y'all are empty vessels. ALI is ours, he's done great & indelible things for us, we love him. Now, his point about yoruba being ungrateful is now proven, this man served this country in different spheres, sacrificed so much, and what did he get from ingrate (yorubas), insults. Sha! You people can continue to make noise, at least, that's what you are known for.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Gbawe2: 8:42am On Mar 22, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^

This isn't true. The author of the article, bayo oluwasanmi clearly insulted Igala ethnic stock with two statements:

"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope."

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man as midday in contrast with midnight."

There is no way the above statements can be spun to mean anything other than what the author intended and indeed very clearly stated. Anyone familiar with basic concepts and techniques in literature would understand exactly what oluwasanmi is saying.

Let me reiterate: If anyone insults Igala ethnic stock in its entirety because of the words of Ahmadu Ali, then how are such people different from Ali? They are one and the same through their actions. These same people would be up in arms (as they should be) if a Caucasian were to make derogatory statements about African-Americans or Africans in general.

You can't have it both ways.

Are you ready to argue with logic alone and without sentiments or subjective/personalised interpretations? I won't respond, to engage in senseless back and forth, after this if you do not see the logic below. The author is Yoruba. Igala directly translates to Antelope in his language. Ali is an Igala man.

Can you say with 100% mind-reading certainty, applied to what is written below, the author is referring to Igala the people and not Igala the animal? Seriously, I don't understand how you got it this wrong. How can you say, as used below, Igala is the ethnic group and not the animal?

"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope"

Again, if shunning sentiments and working 100% with the literal interpretation of the English language and the possible logical parameters qualifying a statement, I see it can be argued the author only generalise in favour of the Yorubas and not against the Igalas as an ethnic group. Look again and leave bias/sentiments out.

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man as midday in contrast with midnight."

How can you 100%, when that will fail you in an examination which will be marked for factual right or wrong, say the statement above cannot be presented below?

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man Ali as midday in contrast with midnight."

To have ground to argue your case, the "brute Igala man" must be the "brute Igalas" or the "brute Igala men". Otherwise you are only another intelligent person overcome by sentiments and a resolution to argue according to a bias. Look and think again to see logic and grammatically allowed possible interpretation of statements does not at all support any argument you have laid out here.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Gbawe2: 8:51am On Mar 22, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The problem with your analogy above is that Hausa does not mean Goat in Igbo or any other language, besides goats are universally associated with stupidity. Pray tell, what is the Antelope associated with that can be deemed derogative or negative? Everyone has heard the term "The rantings of an ant" and I'm sure you've never heard anyone using the phrase the "Baaing of a goat", so save us the drama.

The author was simply claiming that Ali's utterances can be described as "The rantings of an ant". He craftily tried to make his 'insult' of Ali seem less insulting by replacing Ant by Antelope.

Stop trying to fuel hatred, the author has not insulted the Igalas.

That is all he is attempting to do. Were this not so, he would have been on the original thread, where Ali insulted the Yoruba ethnic group, making precisely the same argument - albeit with more meritorious grounds supporting his claim of "racism" than this thinly-veiled attempt to sate his very obvious bias.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 22, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^

This isn't true. The author of the article, bayo oluwasanmi clearly insulted Igala ethnic stock with two statements:
"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – ''the antelope''

Nope....
this word ''antelope'' as written in the sentence ''an Igala-antelope'' defines that ''Igala'' as an antelope(an animal) not Igala as an Ethnic group.......

The essence of inscribing the (-) and (antelope) is for the reader to know that the IGALA that the author was referring to is an Animal(Igala in yoruba) not Igala as a kingdom.......!!! If he should refer to Igala as a kingdom then he would specify ''Igala Kingdom'' or full-stop @ ''Igala'' in the above quotation without going further to inscribe (-) and (antelope)....therefore leaving the readers to judge wether he meant Igala kingdom or Igala(animal/antelope)........ But the author is quite skillful to provide the meaning of ''Igala'' he was conveying in that sentence as antelope......!!!

"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – The ANTELOPE.

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man as midday in contrast with midnight."[/b]

The above quotation only implies ''we yoruba stock stand out from the brute Igala man(Ahmadu Ali) as midday in contrast to midnight.....!!!

Ahmadu Ali was referred as a ''Brute Igala'' man not Igala as an ethnic group......!!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Students usually fail this section in the ''use of english'' both @ SSCE level and Higher institutions.....!!!

The author has not insulted Igala as an ethnic group but Ahmadu Ali as an Igala(antelope) in yoruba language which unfortunately is the name of the ethnic he (Ahmadu Ali) comes from ......!!!!

Yoruba me si oro joor oo(Yoruba sabi reply,abegi oo)
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 22, 2013
This is the Topic

Rants Of Antelope(Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi

Which simply implies Rants of Ahmadu Ali,(hereby referred as ''Igala'',antelope in yoruba language by the author) who hails from Igala kingdom[b][/b]

Omo Osan si lo nko ponpo ba Iya re......!!!......an unfortunate child bringforth calamity to his/her mother........!!!!

I salute the ingenuity of the author!!!
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Instead of the bigot to answer my questions, he cowardly hid my posts and banned me.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by VolvoS60(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
Gbawe.:

Are you ready to argue with logic alone and without sentiments or subjective/personalised interpretations? I won't respond, to engage in senseless back and forth, after this if you do not see the logic below. The author is Yoruba. Igala directly translates to Antelope in his language. Ali is an Igala man.

Can you say with 100% mind-reading certainty, applied to what is written below, the author is referring to Igala the people and not Igala the animal? Seriously, I don't understand how you got it this wrong. How can you say, as used below, Igala is the ethnic group and not the animal?

“Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope.“

Again, if shunning sentiments and working 100% with the literal interpretation of the English language and the possible logical parameters qualifying a statement, I see it can be argued the author only generalise in favour of the Yorubas and not against the Igalas as an ethnic group. Look again and leave bias/sentiments out.

How can you 100%, when that will fail you in an examination which will be marked for factual right or wrong, say the statement above cannot be presented below?

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man Ali as midday in contrast with midnight."

To have ground to argue your case, the "brute Igala man" must be the "brute Igalas" or the "brute Igala men". Otherwise you are only another intelligent person overcome by sentiments and a resolution to argue according to a bias. Look and think again to see logic and grammatically allowed possible interpretation of statements does not at all support any argument you have laid out here.

^^^^Sir,

You cannot defend the indefensible. Context is the key to unlocking oluwasanmi’s article – an article which I must say, was very poorly written. Having said that, I refer you to the first offending comment: “Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope.“

Working 100% with the literal interpretation of the English language (to use your own words) I could put forward the arguement that Oluwasanmi (based on his comment quoted above) is some kind of 'antelope whisperer' who habitually converses with antelopes in the wild or wherever it is he meets with them. Which of course would be total nonsense. Is he a descendant of Balaam the son of Beor? Of course not. The question then comes up: which literary device is he trying to employ here? Personification? Satire? The answer is 'none'. Oluwasanmi hyphenated that statement in a thinly disguised attempt to avoid the charge of insulting Igala ethnic stock. But his intent is crystal clear. There’s no need to belabour the point. As you must have noted, the offending comment above contained the only reference to the so-called antelope in the entire write-up. All the preceding comments in Oluwasanmi’s piece did not in any way provide a suitable context for reference to an antelope (or any animal for that matter). His reference to an antelope was an afterthought – a rather lazy and dishonest attempt to deflect any potential criticism for his slur upon Igala ethnic stock.

Taking your other comments:

Gbawe.:

^^^^Yes sir, indeed YOU could re-present oluwasanmi’s statement as you just did above. But that would be YOUR choice and YOUR interpretation of his comments, which would be at best a speculative shot in the dark as to what he meant. Unfortunately, we can only concentrate on what oluwasanmi actually wrote and not what he may have meant. He could easily have phrased his article the way you did up there and left no one in any doubt that he was referring to Ali. But he chose not to do so – for sinister reasons that are clear when his write-up is viewed in its entirety.

Gbawe.:

^^^^No sir. Your comment above is actually incorrect. The use of the noun “man” to denote human beings in general is acceptable. More to the point, the use of the noun “man” (instead of men) to denote entire nationalities, ethnic groups or races is also acceptable (where the noun “man” is preceded by a suitable noun or adjective). Most important to us here is the question “was oluwasanmi referring to Igala ethnic stock as a whole with his comment?” The answer to that question is an unequivocal “YES”. And how do I know this to be true? Again, the context of the entire write-up provides the confirmation needed.

The power and beauty of language lies in the various literary devices that can be used to create prose that makes for wonderful reading. Unfortunately, these devices are two-edged swords, and in the hands of the wrong person, can be used to advance any ignoble cause. Bayo oluwasanmi phrased his poorly written, error laden article in an ambiguous manner designed to court controversy and endless debate over semantics. I would have had more respect for mr oluwasanmi if he were unambiguous and direct in his condemnation (misguided as this would have been) of Igala ethnic stock, for the simple reason that he could easily be put right by more discerning and sophisticated minds. That would have been more honourable. Not this shameful attempt to generate controversy and rancour.

Messrs Ahmadu Ali and Segun Obasanjo know each other very well. They also know the hack writers they employ to "stir it up" to achieve certain objectives. It beats me how people cannot see through their attempts to turn us all into pawns on a chessboard.

People, keep your eyes on the prize. We must be vigilant lest we become the very things we criticize.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Lost His Senatorial District / Oh My God Check The Crowd That Saw Kwankwaso In Buhari's Home State Of Katsina / Mum Who Claimed Her Son Died In Lekki Protest Accused Of Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.