Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi (4672 Views)

Fayose The Prophet Predicts Own Doom By Bayo Oluwasanmi / This Oppression Is Enough From Igala's / See The Service Chiefs In Motion As Captured By Bayo Omoboriowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by JomoGbomo2(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
JomoGbomo2: @Afam4eva, can you please quote or highlight boldly where the writer call the Igala people antelopes in the article?

@ Mr. Globe, without unnecessary exegesis of the article, can you help with what Afam has run away from. You seem to see/know better than him.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
Bayo called Igalas an antelope and not Ali. You see the difference?
i wish to understand your bias and bigoted logic on the Ali/Yoruba and Bayo/Igala case!
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:
For real, Yorubas are ungrateful people, i have my reasons
and who cares about a personal reason that can't uproot a Sida acuta let alone a Milicia excelsa or the personal reason that hasn't depreciated your ignorance let alone diminishing yoruba's superiority.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by VolvoS60(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
jas_o: What do you expect from people who are yet to understand why they exist? Igala people are dummies and lack ability to identify what’s wrong in them.

^^^^
This is senseless. How are you different from Mr. Ahmadu Ali? He made uncomplimentary remarks about a whole ethnic group and you did the same, instead of directing your ire at the man himself. With your comments, how are you different from him?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mr. Globe:
its a pity some of these people who claim to be educated are illiterates. First, two wrongs don't make a right. .

https://www.nairaland.com/1230154/destruction-hausa-properties-onitsha-anyone/

VERSUS

https://www.nairaland.com/1229618/bomb-blast-kano-sabon-gari

7 Likes

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by VolvoS60(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Geomac:

Ali never consulted his people before calling Yoruba people "ungrateful people" I see no reason why Bayo should consult Yoruba people before calling Igala people Antelope. If any man calls Nupe any unsavoury name(s) i am ready to bring down the entire ethnic group he belongs.

^^^^
Nonsense. What kind of inverted logic is that?

Hold Mr. Ali accountable for his words, not his entire ethnic group. With your response, how are you different from him?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: and who cares about a personal reason that can't uproot a Sida acuta let alone a Milicia excelsa or the personal reason that hasn't depreciated your ignorance let alone diminishing yoruba's superiority.
it is not a personal but a well known general reason why Yorubas are ungrateful and devious people, have you ever heard of Chameleon.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

njazra, i'm not a tribalist, i hate no body but there are group of people in Nigeria that are ungrateful and untrustworthy, and never dine with them without having the longest spoon, they are the Yorubas.
GEJ is not the president of Nigeria, Seun is not the owner of nairaland, chime is not a sickler!!! Sebi?

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

it is not a personal but a well known general reason why Yorubas are ungrateful and devious people, have you ever heard of Chameleon.
you've fallen prey of

1 argumentum
ad ignorantium

2. Argumentum ad populum/numericium

3. Bandwagon

4. Tu quoque

5. Hasty generalization

6. Hasty conclusion

7. Irrelevant thesis
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
django1:
GEJ is not the president of Nigeria, Seun is not the owner of nairaland, chime is not a sickler!!! Sebi?
What have i got to do with GEJ, Seun and Chime? i'm not a tribalist, hear that ok.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by VolvoS60(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gbawe.:

The author is wittily using the literal translation of Igala in Yoruba as pun against Ali. Same way a person from Fool Kingdom could be mocked by the english translation of fool as "The fool from Fool Kingdom" - especially if he has behaved like a fool. The author is even kind. It is the least Ali deserves.

^^^^

This isn't true. The author of the article, bayo oluwasanmi clearly insulted Igala ethnic stock with two statements:

"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope."

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man as midday in contrast with midnight."

There is no way the above statements can be spun to mean anything other than what the author intended and indeed very clearly stated. Anyone familiar with basic concepts and techniques in literature would understand exactly what oluwasanmi is saying.

Let me reiterate: If anyone insults Igala ethnic stock in its entirety because of the words of Ahmadu Ali, then how are such people different from Ali? They are one and the same through their actions. These same people would be up in arms (as they should be) if a Caucasian were to make derogatory statements about African-Americans or Africans in general.

You can't have it both ways.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: you've fallen prey of

1 argumentum
ad ignorantium

2. Argumentum ad populum/numericium

3. Bandwagon

4. Tu quoque

5. Hasty generalization

6. Hasty conclusion

7. Irrelevant thesis
See Tolexander, i'm not a stranger in this Devil paradise call Nigeria, there is a tribe that is Devil incarnate, they are the only tribe when dinning with them one need the longest spoon. Do you know Chameleon.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by MrGlobe(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
@volvo
The man you quoted has a reputation for lies. He also is a slow learner.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by MrGlobe(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

See Tolexander, i'm not a stranger in this Devil paradise call Nigeria, there is a tribe that is Devil incarnate, they are the only tribe when dinning with them one need the longest spoon. Do you know Chameleon.
You are absolutely right. Not like you are saying something that's never been said or known.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by OurYansh: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
VolvoS60:
^^^^
This isn't true. The author of the article, bayo oluwasanmi clearly insulted Igala ethnic stock with two statements:

"Nothing is too insane to say by an Igala – the antelope."

"We of the Yoruba stock stand out distinct from the brute Igala man as midday in contrast with midnight."

There is no way the above statements can be spun to mean anything other than what the author intended and indeed stated very clearly. Anyone familiar with basic concepts and techniques in literature would understand exactly what oluwasanmi is saying.

"An Igala" refers to the whole Igala ethnic group...

"The Brute Igala man" refers also to the whole Igala ethnic group...

Wow!!!

Your teachers did an excellent job...

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

like i have the same feelings and experiences with the ndigbos that surround me. But not too much numerical evidence to place it on all ndigbos.

I know what chameleon is. What about it?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by VolvoS60(m): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
Our Yansh:

undecided

^^^^
They certainly did sir...the few I've met since i left school had nothing but kind words for me...God bless them all...
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by MrGlobe(m): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Our Yansh:

"An Igala" refers to the whole Igala ethnic group...

"The Brute Igala man" refers also to the whole Igala ethnic group...

Wow!!!

undecided
Why did he say 'an Igala?' is it needed? if not to revenge. what of the Brute Igala man? is that his name. note their is a difference between the brute man, politician etc (which are all personal) and the brute igala man which is tribalistic comment.
All right thinking Yoruba people must condemn this 'racist' article from bayo. It paints the Yorubas in bad light.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

What have i got to do with GEJ, Seun and Chime? i'm not a tribalist, hear that ok.
Since we are stating obvious facts I just thought I should add a couple more for you!
90% of your topics are in ethnic/racial section and you don't think there's something wrong with you, abi?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander:
I know what chameleon is. What about it?
Thank you Mr Tolexander, that is Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Tolexander.
Do you know who killed Issac Boro?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Why did he say 'an Igala?' is it needed? if not to revenge. what of the Brute Igala man? is that his name. note their is a difference between the brute man, politician etc (which are all personal) and the brute igala man which is tribalistic comment.
All right thinking Yoruba people must condemn this 'racist' article from bayo. It paints the Yorubas in bad light.
You are a big good for nothing HYPOCRITE!!
So, Ali is free to label all yorubas ungrateful but this writer isn't entitled to call an 'igala' man an antelope?
Eleribu ni awon kan ninu awon omo ibo yi

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by MrGlobe(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
django1:
You are a big good for nothing HYPOCRITE!!
So, Ali is free to label all yorubas ungrateful but this writer isn't entitled to call an 'igala' man an antelope?
Eleribu ni awon kan ninu awon omo ibo yi
Two wrongs don't make a write. This is a problem between Sir Ahmadu Ali and Yorubas. Why drag the good people of Igala into it? I thought they said Yoruba people are civilized. One expects them to act it. we must all condemn the writer.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by eggheaders(m): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
insanity runs in the blood that flows in the vain of this useless foolglobe.it was ok when Ali called all yorubas ungrateful. you mofo even gave him a thumbs up now my brother is repaying him in kind by calling them the yoruba meaning of igala.and you are here screaming blue murder. ain't you ashame of yourself publicly displaying your gross hypocrisy. dumbass hope you ain't wannking now cause the word Yoruba gives you an erecction.next time you open that your soakaway called buccal cavity anytime Yoruba is mentioned. you definitely be taken to the cleaners and dump in the dump site where you and your comrades in stupidity belongs.
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

Thank you Mr Tolexander, that is Yoruba.

Then you aren't different from the writer then.
I think you have given me the free hand to call all ndigbo a chameleon also. [/quote]
Wily/Wily:
@Tolexander.
Do you know who killed Issac Boro?
do you mean the same Major Adaka Jasper Isaac Boro? Who killed him during the 1968?
And who also killed Lt colonel Victor Banjo?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Two wrongs don't make a write. This is a problem between Sir Ahmadu Ali and Yorubas. Why drag the good people of Igala into it? I thought they said Yoruba people are civilized. One expects them to act it. we must all condemn the writer.
Let us condemn your stwepidity first, then we'll come back for the article.
1. A foo.l like will probably not know that action and rxn are equal and opposite.
2. You are so stewpid that you couldn't understand the wordplay in the editors article.
Go and get some brain inside that empty skull of yours before you comment, you hear?
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by WilyWily6: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander:
Then you aren't different from the writer then.
I think you have given me the free hand to call all ndigbo a chameleon also.
I'm not igbo.
Tolexander:
do you mean the same Major Adaka Jasper Isaac Boro? Who killed him during the 1968
Yes Tolexander, i mean Adaka Jasper Issac Boro
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Tolexander: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wily/Wily:

I'm not igbo.
Yes Tolexander, i mean Adaka Jasper Issac Boro
who killed him in ogu? Don't want beer parlour evidence o!
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Where is the bigot Afam to come and show us where the write called Igala people antelopes
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by Eziachi: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Is this man calling Igala people antelopes because of Ahmadu Ali. I think this is tasteless and very racist.
How can a black man be a racist to a person of the same race? grin grin And when has Ali=Igala with this yet again wannabe writer?

1 Like

Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by nduchucks: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Is this man calling Igala people antelopes because of Ahmadu Ali. I think this is tasteless and very racist.

The author was probably referring to Ali's write-up as Rantings Of An Antelope
Re: Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi by OurYansh: 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
dayokanu: Where is the bigot Afam to come and show us where the write called Igala people antelopes

Dude ran away, tail between legs like a scared squirrel....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari The Yes-man / Pdp’s ‘secret Game’ Of Sheriff-fayose 2019 Joint Ticket Leaves APC Jittery. / Ikpeazu Promises To Declare Emergency In Abia Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.