Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit (17819 Views)

Inec Releases Names Of Candidates For Bayelsa Guber Election, Excludes Pdp? / Nigiria At 50 Awards: Jonathan Excludes Murtala, Buhari, Ibb, Abacha / Senate Excludes Military Rulers From New Presidential Pension Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by bowler(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2013
Abegii make U.S go luk bush jare

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 20, 2013
Shot 1
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Inik(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: The meeting is for countries that practise democracy. Nigeria is left out of the meeting because we practise kleptocracy which is another ideology entirely from democracy.
You are right. Democracy is an alien culture in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by olabiz2010: 9:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Must we be @ every summit, after all there are many others African countries excluded as well.... There is no biggie here...
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by dbride: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
udohjaphet: [color=#000099][/color]johnathan is a loyal servant to his boss. Is very difficult for him to bite the finger that fed him up . Think about it very well where he was coming from to be what he is today

Sentiments sentiments sentiments. Jonathan is president to 170million. Alams is just one person. Offend him if you must but keep your intergrity. How dense can one be!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Rooneyboy(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2013
Kamanda: But Ghana was also not invited.

Ghana na country
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Davo93(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb: So what if we organise our own summit and invite any other country except USA , will it affect the price of anything ?
Just because some food aid dependent countries have been invited to the capitalist lord enclave shouldn't give anyone headache.
If Obama has anything to say , let him come over here and say it.

DATS ALL
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
I am glad that Nigeria was not invited..

It would have been falling of hand for Nigeria to be seating at the same table with puppy countries like Sierra Leone and senegal and cape verde.. These countries no be even Nigeria younger brother mate. angry

No time. This sounds like a desparate attempt by unscrupulous characters to tarnish the image of Jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by jentlsoul: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Gej don enter another international one chance ooooo
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by browncool(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb: So what if we organise our own summit and invite any other country except USA , will it affect the price of anything ?
Just because some food aid dependent countries have been invited to the capitalist lord enclave shouldn't give anyone headache.
If Obama has anything to say , let him come over here and say it.
Its your type that support corruption perhaps, I wouldn't be surprised if you have never left your village to the city talk-less of outside Africa. Do you know the gravity of what the President has done by pardoning a confirmed corrupted rogue? In an era when the world is becoming more global in fighting corruption, you are here spewing crap not knowing the gross negative effect to the Nation and to the World at large.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by jentlsoul: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Very wicked devilish presido

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by bowler(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Everyday no be xmas keep dat in mind
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by EkoIle1: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
OmoEziokwu: Here is the statement by the White House Press Secretary announcing the visit of African leaders

Dated March 18, 2013

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/03/18/statement-press-secretary-announcing-visit-african-leaders

In plain English, Nigeria is no longer African Leader, not even West African leaders..

Back to Pariah nation category last witnessed during Abacha regime.

Thanks to Jonathan Odechukwu, Oponushilewo El Retardeen Scumbag Dullard.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by awodman: 9:20am On Mar 20, 2013
'...Obama on March 28 will meet with the president of
SENEGAL, Macky Sall; of SIERRA LONNE, Ernest Bai Koroma; of
MALAWI, Joyce Banda; and the prime minister of CAPE VERDE, Jose Maria Pereira Neves...'
'...The multi-party meeting is not unprecedented: in late July
2011 Obama met with the presidents of BENIN, GUINEA,
NIGERIA and COTE D'IVOIRE...'
Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obama-to-meet-four-african-leaders-in-march/142598/

Now judging from the above,the same countries that ωнεяε invited in 2011 are not the same ones that ωнεяε invited in 2013...the question is why then do our press like to blow tins out of proportion.Yes GEJ goofed in granting the pardon...but our press owes us a duty not to damage our image further..enough of this JUNK JOURNALISM

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
So what? Why should that bother us?

I think it is unacceptable for the US to be so meddlesome in Nigeria's domestic affairs and governance. It is on occasions like this that I miss Khalifa and his tit-for-tat diplomacy.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by dbride: 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
dBard: Tho am not fully in support of Jonathan's decision, but d USA should go n sit down on a heap. Getting tired of their meddlesome attitude. Is their declaring their displeasure not enough? So they're now trying t arm twist us, no matter how subtly, until we conform abi?
Make dem park well joor. Democracy my foot angry angry

You are not "fully" but "partially" in support of Jonathan's decision. Oh God, another mistake. Even the seller of "shit" has customers.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Rooneyboy(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
sheyie2007:
Okpe! They're not submitting exam papers.. its a summit * s u m m i t * SUMMIT

grin grin grin
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by EkoIle1: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2013
awodman: '...Obama on March 28 will meet with the president of
SENEGAL, Macky Sall; of SIERRA LONNE, Ernest Bai Koroma; of
MALAWI, Joyce Banda; and the prime minister of CAPE VERDE, Jose Maria Pereira Neves...'
'...The multi-party meeting is not unprecedented: in late July
2011 Obama met with the presidents of BENIN, GUINEA,
NIGERIA and COTE D'IVOIRE...'
Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obama-to-meet-four-african-leaders-in-march/142598/

Now judging from the above,the same countries that ωнεяε invited in 2011 are not the same ones that ωнεяε invited in 2013...the question is why then do our press like to blow tins out of proportion.Yes GEJ goofed in granting the pardon...but our press owes us a duty not to damage our image further..enough of this JUNK JOURNALISM

When confused and in doubt, blame the press..

Have you been taking classes at Okupe institute of laptop studies..?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by cyril83(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Ghana na country
choi! You get bad mouth

So you wan temme say ghana na local govt?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by PEREP: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: The meeting is for countries that practise democracy. Nigeria is left out of the meeting because we practise kleptocracy which is another ideology entirely from democracy.

What of S.A., Ghana and Egypt they supported to overthrow Mubarak?
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by brosdoncome(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
sheyie2007:
Okpe! They're not submitting exam papers.. its a summit * s u m m i t * SUMMIT

No mind d guy....him don too write exams tire...lol cheesy
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
PROPAGANDA!!!!!
Was South Africa invited?
The last time I checked, Great Nation Nigeria was a SOVEREIGN country and still is.
US we aint baby.....Make una go siddon jare.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by lekkie073(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
usa wants to teach them a little about democracy. they dare not include us because all the ones they(usa and britain) taught us we are still yet to digest it fully....
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people.

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked,

he peeps in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I Understand the concept of politics now." The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words ."
What you think politics is all about." The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep shit."

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by WizPrince1(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2013
So Are They Suppose to be the one to rule us (Nigerians)?. Let them face their own and leave us to tackle our problems.... Nonesense!
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by groovie(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

In plain English, Nigeria is no longer African Leader, not even West African leaders..

Back to Pariah nation category last witnessed during Abacha regime.

Thanks to Jonathan Odechukwu, Oponushilewo El Retardeen Scumbag Dullard.

Keep showing the world ur stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Some gangstar mumu journalism. Now this makes Jonathan look good in retrospect. Mcheew!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by info4bayempire: 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Whether we left out of summit or not no foreigner can handle our country better than we ourselves so the summit is not a big deal and we are not moved the whole world needs Nigeria which we all know.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by dbride: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2013
pro01: So what? Why should that bother us?

I think it is unacceptable for the US to be so meddlesome in Nigeria's domestic affairs and governance. It is on occasions like this that I miss Khalifa and his tit-for-tat diplomacy.

Nobody has meddled with your governance. It is very simple. If you are having a party, you dont invite the people who do not believe in holding parties. They sure will not appreciate it and will not make any positive impact while there.

In fact, USA is helping Jonathan save face and by association Nigeria. Jonathan is presently a confused man; that summit will tear him apart. Obama, thank you. We are not sure what he will say there. We no longer trust him.

THOSE WHO THE GODS WANT TO DESTROY, THEY FIRST MAKE MAD.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by info4bayempire: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2013
People make mistakes and God has thought us to forgive one another why will a mere human whom was created by God be displeased in one forgiving another...ties or no ties its God that keeps a country
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Biggyd2: 9:34am On Mar 20, 2013
Da one no disturb me o. SA, Egypt etc no dey de list sefundecided. Na when all these countries start to block all our yeye leaders from entering their countries to receive medical treatment,to do nansence owambe party or to go buy all their cheapé thing during summer, I go take them serious. Oga for yonder doesn't give a damn with respect to this matter. USA should just understand that.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2013
U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit?

Since I read this report yesterday, I've been finding it difficult to hold back tears? In fact, I'm not the only person weeping openly, the whole of Enugu has been in a state of mourning, with majority of the people weeping publicly.

I dont know about other places but this is the situation here.
Lol..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable / Buhari And APC Governors Storm Edo Grand Rally Tuesday / Federal Airport Authority Clashes With Customs Service On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.