Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit (17816 Views)

Inec Releases Names Of Candidates For Bayelsa Guber Election, Excludes Pdp? / Nigiria At 50 Awards: Jonathan Excludes Murtala, Buhari, Ibb, Abacha / Senate Excludes Military Rulers From New Presidential Pension Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by admcompub: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
All of una, na Kai- Kai people.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by jentlsoul: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
I didn't vote that reterdeen called jona so is not my president and this does not stop me from been progress. Don't care he may be the president of 170m minus me in particular
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by sage2(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2013
US Excludes Ghana from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes South Africa from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Kenya from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Togo from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Benin Republic from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Egypt from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Zambia from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Tunisia from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Niger from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Cameroon from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Zimbabwe from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Ivory Coast from Africa's Democracy Summit
US Excludes Chad from Africa's Democracy Summit

This list of countries excluded goes on and on.
The quality of our youths has really fallen.

Am I right to say that US Excludes all but 4 African countries from Africa's Democracy Summit?

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by eduson33(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2013
kai,
I LOVE NAIJA!!!

see as all man dey rake!**thats the spirit **

these guys will be soo confused**we wie killing each other in the other thread,now see as we combine knife together dey slaughter OB mama and sons grin**

1 Like

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by dbride: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Okija_juju: I am glad that Nigeria was not invited..

It would have been falling of hand for Nigeria to be seating at the same table with puppy countries like Sierra Leone and senegal and cape verde.. These countries no be even Nigeria younger brother mate. angry

No time. This sounds like a desparate attempt by unscrupulous character to tarnigh the image of Jonathan.

My brother, Jonathan has no image to be tarnished. His image is hidden in Alamiesigha.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by harbibi: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2013
quote author=Rooneyboy]what excuse does Abati have over this grin

I guess as the giant of africa Jonathan would be invited separately ;

Himself and Obama one-on-one grin
[/quote]

grin grin
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by nairaman66(m): 9:40am On Mar 20, 2013
So what if we organise our own summit and invite any other country except USA , will it affect the price of anything ?
Just because some food aid dependent countries have been invited to the capitalist lord enclave shouldn't give anyone headache.
If Obama has anything to say , let him come over here and say it.

Always easier said than done! I always hold the notion that we are all entitled to our opinions. However, these opinions should be correctional and constructive for this should be the Modus Vivendi for all Naira Landers.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by klokwerx: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2013
info4bayempire: Whether we left out of summit or not no foreigner can handle our country better than we ourselves so the summit is not a big deal and we are not moved the whole world needs Nigeria which we all know.

Yes, because Nigeria has done such a great job of managing its own affairs...
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb: So what if we organise our own summit and invite any other country except USA , will it affect the price of anything ?
Just because some food aid dependent countries have been invited to the capitalist lord enclave shouldn't give anyone headache.
If Obama has anything to say , let him come over here and say it.

good point.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by akingangan: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
Useless African summit without Africa.

Useless US
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Braveht: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2013
sadFrom Giants to Chickens of Africa.choi GEJ see what you have caused.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
sage_: US Excludes Ghana from Africa's Democracy Summit

Am I right to say that US Excludes all but 4 African countries from Africa's Democracy Summit?
GBAM! And peeps here think this is an excuse to lambast the president again.

Any opportunity to run mouth sha.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by jidewin(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2013
Good Move i say.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Gbawe2: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2013

Read again. It is clear why the absence of Nigeria may raise eyebrows unless you want to argue we are exactly like every other African Nation. Can an important EU summit be held and Germany ignored?

Going by Nigeria’s leadership role in the continent, especially in the West African sub-region, the exclusion is believed to be too significant to be mere happen-stance.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by EkoIle1: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2013

Worry about your own country..
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2013
So why was Ghana omitted

Abeg make we hear word. When you wan mention countries, nah malawi and senegal you go start from
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by lacasa: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Y would nigeria be there? wt the present state of clueless and thieving leadership goin on wt the Retardeen's govt

#.. It's like inviting an armed-robber to a peace summit grin

... Not advisable
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by EkoIle1: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Gbawe.:

Read again. It is clear why the absence of Nigeria may raise eyebrows unless you want to argue we are exactly like every other African Nation. Can an important EU summit be held and Germany ignored?

Many if these kids are really not mentally developed or enlightened enough to understand these implications ...
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by antiembezzle: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116715:us-excludes-nigeria-from-africas-democracy-summit&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
eko ile, the spirit and ambassador of 'LIES', the author of confusion and malice, a yoruba dog indeed, father of all bigotry and promoter of acn agenda, I hail you oh! But em, if I may ask, what's the fuss all about Nigeria not being invited amidst those poor and unstable countries like malawi that just lost her president and are undergoing some changes under the new female president. The summit is just to stabilise the feeble democracy of these ailing nations. I know, as well as all non hypocrites will be asking why countries like SA, Ghana, egypt, ethiopia, mali etc. were not invited. We have over 50 countries in Africa, why single out Nigeria? If GEJ attends such a summit, the same king of hypocrisy will start telling the whole world how flambouyant he is, as if fashola and tinubu lives off less frivolities. I know it's your apc men are holy, but please when next you want to lie, read and analyse what tunde bakari, whom you so revere as an honest man had to say about awolowo, tinubu, fashola and the said progressives, eko i'lie! Out!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by 9999(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Though Am a Bonafide Memeber Of ACN....Bt Sentiment Aside Nigerians Should Stop This Attack On GEJ For Pardoning Alamiesiha It Can't Be Easy For Him To Ignore a Person That paved Way For Him To Get To Where He's Today, The Fact is: i Would Do The Same, Fashola Would Do The Same For Tinubu, Many Of You Here Will Do The Same Too...& As For The White House They Should Go To Hell!!!
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by antiembezzle: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nextlevel0007(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit?

Since I read this report yesterday, I've been finding it difficult to hold back tears? In fact, I'm not the only person weeping openly, the whole of Enugu has been in a state of mourning, with majority of the people weeping publicly.

I dont know about other places but this is the situation here.
Lol..

Here in Abj non of us went 2 work...we all re also weeping publicly ..i even sight Jona, Sambo, Mark n many more cryin
#hunger strike..hehehehe
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Elueme: 10:06am On Mar 20, 2013
9999: Though Am a Bonafide Memeber Of ACN....Bt Sentiment Aside Nigerians Should Stop This Attack On GEJ For Pardoning Alamiesiha It Can't Be Easy For Him To Ignore a Person That paved Way For Him To Get To Where He's Today, The Fact is: i Would Do The Same, Fashola Would Do The Same For Tinubu, Many Of You Here Will Do The Same Too...& As For The White House They Should Go To Hell!!!
From a logical Nigerian, who just said it, truthfully, leaving politics aside. God bless your sincerity.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by antiembezzle: 10:06am On Mar 20, 2013

don't you eko ile, the name of the yoruba dog that tongue wipes buhari's bony a.nus, the fashola's c.ock sucker. That is what he's got to spew this morning after the Mouth Gig on his masters.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 20, 2013
Well, shall we begin: Nigeria and Ghana and South Africa could not make that list because they are already Democratic Models. Sierra Leone, Malawi, Senegal and Cape Verde are countries that need to be taught democracy. So stop thinking within the box. USA is a hypocritical lady.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Valto(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2013
must nigeria be invited to every summit
pls show me where it was written that nigeria was invited in the first place
the summit is just for 4 countries in the whole africa. even southafrica, ghana and the rest were not invited!
[size=14pt]make una allow GEJ to rest [/size]
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by groovie(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2013
Nigeria is not in the summit so what? what has Nigeria got to loose? and the U.S. will continue to receive barrels of oil from Nigeria everyday.
Hypocrites
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by gaquilani: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2013
(AFP) – US President Barack Obama will welcome four African leaders to Washington this month, the White House said Monday.

Obama on March 28 will meet with the president of Senegal, Macky Sall; of Sierra Leone, Ernest Bai Koroma; of Malawi, Joyce Banda; and the prime minister of Cape Verde, Jose Maria Pereira Neves.

Spokesman Jay Carney said the leaders will discuss issues that include economic development and reinforcing democracy in sub-Saharan Africa.

The multi-party meeting is not unprecedented: in late July 2011 Obama met with the presidents of Benin, Guinea, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.[size=12pt][/size]

Obama, the son of a Kenyan-born father and a US-born mother, has visited sub-Saharan Africa only once as president — he made a short trip to Ghana in July 2009.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/obama-to-meet-four-african-leaders-in-march/

it is funny that they omitted the little detail in bold
Eko Ile:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116715:us-excludes-nigeria-from-africas-democracy-summit&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by EkoIle1: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2013
9999: Though Am a Bonafide Memeber Of ACN....Bt Sentiment Aside Nigerians Should Stop This Attack On GEJ For Pardoning Alamiesiha It Can't Be Easy For Him To Ignore a Person That paved Way For Him To Get To Where He's Today, The Fact is: i Would Do The Same, Fashola Would Do The Same For Tinubu, Many Of You Here Will Do The Same Too...& As For The White House They Should Go To Hell!!!

It's just sad how you people make warped ans corrupt excuses to justify illegalities...
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by olabukola: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2013
I wonder when just 4 countries make african summit.
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Stopercent: 10:11am On Mar 20, 2013
Tot I heard it mentioned that Clinton's cancelled visit had nothing to do with this pardon
Re: U.S. Excludes Nigeria From Africa’s Democracy Summit by Nextlevel0007(m): 10:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Gbawe.:

Mr man. You are off point here! Bt wait oo US should rename it from African summit to something else .... Or Naija would hold EU summit and would not invite England...Dazz all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akpabio: Nigeria Not Wealthy But I Will Fight Corruption Like Buhari Is Doing / ISIS Supporters In Nigeria Get Visas From Turkish Embassy –syrian Envoy / Ayade Appoints 1,106 Fresh Advisers In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.