Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Okada Operators Doing Crime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Operators Doing Crime (631 Views)

Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / Lagos Threatens Total Okada Ban / Okada Riders Protesting In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Operators Doing Crime by NegroNtns(m): 4:57am On Mar 20, 2013
Six okada riders are currently in the custody of the Special Anti Robbery Squad, Lagos, for their car snatching activities in the Alimosho area of Lagos State.Jude Ifeanyi, Anthony Okeke, Edechukwu Ebuka, Nwachukwu Ekene, Christian and Solomon were recently arrested at Ajao Estate, when they attempted to sell a stolen Toyota Camry to SARS operatives who were working undercover as buyers.The Camry was said to have been snatched from its owner along Oshodi/Apapa Expressway, Lagos. A total of seven cars was said to have been snatched and sold by the gang.The gang leader Ebuka claimed he resorted to car snatching as a result of the okada restriction in Lagos State.He said, "I was formerly an okada rider until the restriction came into effect. Since its enforcement, things have been difficult so I approached Okeke and told him that we needed to do something about our situation."One of Okeke's friends, an Alhaji, provided us with a locally-made gun. It was Okeke who brought in Ekene as our driver. Ifeanyi was already known to me during my time in prison and he assured us that he had ready buyers who would pay between N250,000 and N300,000 for any Toyota or Honda car we steal."Already, the suspects had successfully undertaken five operations at Ikotun, Isheri Oshun, Egbeda, Ejigbo and Igando, before their activities were cut short by SARS operatives.There was no response from the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer Ngozi Braide. She did not reply the texts or calls made to her phone.
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by NegroNtns(m): 4:59am On Mar 20, 2013
if you do crime and get caught you will do time.
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by NegroNtns(m): 5:09am On Mar 20, 2013
can someone tell me why these guys should not be deported to their villages? ibos complain of hausa killing you in north but here you carry gun to terrorize and kill people in Lagos. small time dem go say Yoruba people hate them. show me hausa or yoruba doing armed robbery in abakaliki or umuahia or anywhere in SE.
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by Burger01(m): 6:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Just imagine the suspects...and in 'Lagos State' o.. If I talk now nairaland oga at the top would hide my post and come top am with 6 months ban... Na wa o for these people o... sad
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by ochukoccna: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2013
Hmnn,igbo man. tongue
Six thieves at one swoop in police net all because Fashola ban okada
Odikwa hustle! cheesy cheesy

Eko oni baje, o ba je ti.
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by grafikii: 9:15am On Mar 20, 2013
Kwenu Kwenu Kwenu, kwezenuuuuuuuu.
Re: Okada Operators Doing Crime by Geomac: 10:22am On Mar 20, 2013
OP, what about the Yoruba armed robbers that were killed in Abulega(not sure of the speliing) 2 weeks ago, are they Igbo? Many Yorubas are also into robbery.

(1) (Reply)

Senate To Jonathan: Change Your Tactics On Boko Haram / Henry Okah Jailed For 24 Years / Islamic Grouprejects Amnesty For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.