Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal (17901 Views)

True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch / Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window / Narrate Your Funny Nightmares If You Ever Had Them.must View!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by NonsoB: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ps_poGGQChU/UUlljpqS9hI/AAAAAAAAH8o/97T3rYmmmcU/s280/kano-blast-victim-612x300.jpg[/img]

Survivors of Monday’s suicide bomb attacks at a luxury bus station in Kano have been recounting their tales of woes, especially how they escaped death in the horrible incident in which dozens of innocent passengers died. For Mr. Obinna Omekwe, a middle-aged trader from Abia State, that Monday was one in which he saw death face-to-face. But he remains grateful to God that his life was saved.

The man who sustained multiple injuries and burns, told Daily Sun on his hospital bed that he was barely 10 metres to the point of the blast when the explosion took place, adding that his escape was a miracle. Mr. Obinna recalled that he was actually travelling to Aba to attend an occasion when he found himself at the scene of the tragedy. According to him: “I had arrived at the park early enough, loaded my wares and decided to rest somewhere within the park as there was still time.

“We were at the park just as the loaders and the conductors were checking the passengers and the extra-passengers (attachments). At that time, I was looking at the brand new bus of the company, (Gobison Motor) and was appreciating the newness and the beauty of the vehicle. “Barely two seconds after, there was a huge blast. Its noise was so resounding that it threw everybody into confusion. All I could remember was that I was running towards a direction and that I saw people running too.

“Just when I got to the main gate, the second blast exploded. The two blasts happened barely two minutes in between. When I got to this stage, I realized that I was injured and I could not say exactly the extent of the injuries. “There were several persons that were falling and running. It was chaotic. People were running. It was like hell. There were those whose bodies were shattered. They were in blood and it was awful, but at that time, I could not stop to note the details.

My legs and back were stuck, my heart was panting. I could feel the pains then but I just ran and ran. “I think in all, the people that would have died in the bomb attacks were more than 60 persons, based on what I saw. Because I was about 10 metres near the bus, and you can see my body, you see how it is. What about those who are already in the bus?” Chukwudi Samuel Nwodo is another survivor.

But for him, his survival is a story for another day, adding that his biggest problem is how to tell his sister that her husband had died in the attack.

Speaking to Daily Sun with swollen eyes, he recalled how his in-law, a very popular driver and manager was killed by the suicide, saying he died in deep pains His words: “I am an in-law to the famous Lawrence Onwayi, alias Osisi Kan Ngwu, the famous driver and ex –manager who died last night (Monday night) at the Armed Forces Hospital.

“He was the husband of my sister, my cousin, whose name is Patience. My deceased in-law was from Otuocha in Anambra State and had been in the motor park in the last 15 years. “Our last moment was rather normal. We were at the centre of the park and we were sitting in the middle of the park with the chairman of the task force.

“The second Gobison bus that was going to Lagos came and was on the final check up to take off. During the process, the Golf car drove in, and soon after it screeched to a halt, we heard the blast. “Onwayi was in the front of the other Gobison bus that was to go to Port Harcourt. He was in front of the vehicle, thinking that the car that arrived were passengers “The blast tore through the middle of his back. It was rather horrific as it tore his back almost into two. “We rushed him to the hospital.

The first clinic we rushed him to was Modulla Clinic on Emir Road, but they could not handle the challenge. That night we moved him to Lafia Surgery, but they said that they could not handle it and they advised us to take him to the Armed Forces Hospital. “We went to the Armed Forces Hospital. Here, they tried their best, but they reported back to us that they could not go further, asking us to take him to Daula Hospital. “At that point, they rushed him to Daula Hospital. They asked me to go home and wait. It was at this point that I came home. All night, it was not possible for me to sleep.

“On getting to the hospital this (Tuesday) morning, I met a huge shock. It was unbelievable. On arrival at the hospital, they presented me with the papers with which they prepared his corpse and told me that he had died last night. That was the end. “For me, I cannot still believe it . It is like a nightmare. I was with him at the hospital, I was with him all through yesterday and we were one happy family.

Now, he is no more. He is gone. “My biggest problem is that I don’t know what to tell his wife. I don’t know what to tell my sister. Right now, she didn’t know that her husband had died, she is waiting for the good news that he’s alive. But he’s dead.”

[Report by DESMOND MGBOH, Daily Sun ]

http://gistmetro..com/2013/03/i-saw-death-kano-bomb-attack-victim.html
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by leunamme93(m): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2013
Front Page Mods......
Baba God thank you for my safety and that of all my family.

2 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Terrible... May Allah protect us all.

7 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by jmoore(m): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Very sad story I will never wish to witness..

1 Like

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Two Prayer Points:

1. May my Family & i Never witness this evil..
2. May the Evil doers of this Act suffer Twice what they have Done..

Amen!!!

19 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
NonsoB: [img]http://4.bp..com/-Ps_poGGQChU/UUlljpqS9hI/AAAAAAAAH8o/97T3rYmmmcU/s280/kano-blast-victim-612x300.jpg[/img]

Survivors of Monday’s suicide bomb attacks at a luxury bus station in Kano have been recounting their tales of woes, especially how they escaped death in the horrible incident in which dozens of innocent passengers died. For Mr. Obinna Omekwe, a middle-aged trader from Abia State, that Monday was one in which he saw death face-to-face. But he remains grateful to God that his life was saved.

The man who sustained multiple injuries and burns, told Daily Sun on his hospital bed that he was barely 10 metres to the point of the blast when the explosion took place, adding that his escape was a miracle. Mr. Obinna recalled that he was actually travelling to Aba to attend an occasion when he found himself at the scene of the tragedy. According to him: “I had arrived at the park early enough, loaded my wares and decided to rest somewhere within the park as there was still time.

“We were at the park just as the loaders and the conductors were checking the passengers and the extra-passengers (attachments). At that time, I was looking at the brand new bus of the company, (Gobison Motor) and was appreciating the newness and the beauty of the vehicle. “Barely two seconds after, there was a huge blast. Its noise was so resounding that it threw everybody into confusion. All I could remember was that I was running towards a direction and that I saw people running too.

“Just when I got to the main gate, the second blast exploded. The two blasts happened barely two minutes in between. When I got to this stage, I realized that I was injured and I could not say exactly the extent of the injuries. “There were several persons that were falling and running. It was chaotic. People were running. It was like hell. There were those whose bodies were shattered. They were in blood and it was awful, but at that time, I could not stop to note the details.

My legs and back were stuck, my heart was panting. I could feel the pains then but I just ran and ran. “I think in all, the people that would have died in the bomb attacks were more than 60 persons, based on what I saw. Because I was about 10 metres near the bus, and you can see my body, you see how it is. What about those who are already in the bus?” Chukwudi Samuel Nwodo is another survivor.

But for him, his survival is a story for another day, adding that his biggest problem is how to tell his sister that her husband had died in the attack.

Speaking to Daily Sun with swollen eyes, he recalled how his in-law, a very popular driver and manager was killed by the suicide, saying he died in deep pains His words: “I am an in-law to the famous Lawrence Onwayi, alias Osisi Kan Ngwu, the famous driver and ex –manager who died last night (Monday night) at the Armed Forces Hospital.

“He was the husband of my sister, my cousin, whose name is Patience. My deceased in-law was from Otuocha in Anambra State and had been in the motor park in the last 15 years. “Our last moment was rather normal. We were at the centre of the park and we were sitting in the middle of the park with the chairman of the task force.

“The second Gobison bus that was going to Lagos came and was on the final check up to take off. During the process, the Golf car drove in, and soon after it screeched to a halt, we heard the blast. “Onwayi was in the front of the other Gobison bus that was to go to Port Harcourt. He was in front of the vehicle, thinking that the car that arrived were passengers “The blast tore through the middle of his back. It was rather horrific as it tore his back almost into two. “We rushed him to the hospital.

The first clinic we rushed him to was Modulla Clinic on Emir Road, but they could not handle the challenge. That night we moved him to Lafia Surgery, but they said that they could not handle it and they advised us to take him to the Armed Forces Hospital. “We went to the Armed Forces Hospital. Here, they tried their best, but they reported back to us that they could not go further, asking us to take him to Daula Hospital. “At that point, they rushed him to Daula Hospital. They asked me to go home and wait. It was at this point that I came home. All night, it was not possible for me to sleep.

“On getting to the hospital this (Tuesday) morning, I met a huge shock. It was unbelievable. On arrival at the hospital, they presented me with the papers with which they prepared his corpse and told me that he had died last night. That was the end. “For me, I cannot still believe it . It is like a nightmare. I was with him at the hospital, I was with him all through yesterday and we were one happy family.

Now, he is no more. He is gone. “My biggest problem is that I don’t know what to tell his wife. I don’t know what to tell my sister. Right now, she didn’t know that her husband had died, she is waiting for the good news that he’s alive. But he’s dead.”

[Report by DESMOND MGBOH, Daily Sun ]

gistmetro..com/2013/03/i-saw-death-kano-bomb-attack-victim.html

Smh
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by metti(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
cryEvil men every where! cry
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by ba7man(m): 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is getting out of hand. Northern elders know more than usual but they keep mute. And some fools are more concerned about elections in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by pomporiking: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
Life is too short..
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by banjicom(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
God I am tired of all this bad news ooo

1 Like

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by DrDoGood1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
May God reward those evil perpetrators in 1000 fold. Amen

1 Like

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Salex007(m): 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
Abeg!!! make GEJ dialogue with dis heartless people now...

1 Like

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Regiblinkz(m): 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank god for my aunt...she just left the park before the bombs exploded

7 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by EzePromoe: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Just got a call this morning that two of my relatives were injured by the blast but who do I vent my anger on? Shoemakers? Nail cutters? Toy wristwatch sellers?
I just have to leave it for God. 100 aboki blood isn't worth the precious life of one of my cousin. THANK GOD THEY'RE STILL ALIVE!
ABOKI, come and shine my shoe, nothing dey happen!

30 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by DrDoGood1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Judinho59: Two Prayer Points:

1. May my Family & i Never witness this evil..
2. May the Evil doers of this Act suffer 1000times what they have Done..

Amen!!!
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by konn: 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
the sponsors and perpetrators of this evil will never rest in peace they will die slow and painful death for killing innocent people

3 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by venorite(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
Oga am so sorry I have to tell u dis this way but u lack common sense.why did u quote the whole thread just to write SMH.pple like u deserve 20 strokes...mtsheew
bbpreye.:

Smh

23 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Igosun: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
Omg this is serious o, may God help us HE knows what we dont know.
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Artistree: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
It's really really sad...
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Pacesetter2: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Salex007: Abeg!!! make GEJ dialogue with dis heartless people now...

But they are faceless..isnt that what he claimed?

i think we should try & track down that french man during his meeting & know those within
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by lacasa: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is too bad.

But, nigerians should brace up for more attax like this Cos..

1. the PDP r involved

2. The president says he knows their sponsors but has now forgotten and ​ so​ for now they r "Ghosts".

3. Trillion Naira Security allocation must keep flowing into pockets from the National Budget.

4. 2015 - divide and rule tactics must continue to play for the powers that be to remain in power.

5. Tribal/Religious inclinations continue to overpower the people's ability for rational thinking and generalisations.

8 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by 4kmukina: 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Imagine wot innocent people ar passing through in d hand of theses animals? May d living God judge them!

2 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
venorite: Oga am so sorry I have to tell u dis this way but u lack common sense.why did u quote the whole thread just to write SMH.pple like u deserve 20 strokes...mtsheew

^^^ what is this guy saying? Do u know d meaning of SMH?

Smh for you!
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Carlos266: 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
Damn.dear lord 4 how long.carlos pissed off :-XDamn.dear lord 4 how long.carlos pissed off

1 Like

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by idlaw2k3(m): 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
What are the northern Governors saying about this,
What are the traditional rulers saying. The Sultan, the Emir and others,
What has Sheik Gumi and other leading imams saying about this, are they helping the security agencies to fish out those who carry out these senseless waste of innocent lives who live among them, who pray with them, who eat with them. Or does thier silence mean support?
What has Gen Buhari said about this?

What goes around comes around.

8 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by rubion: 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
bbpreye.:

Smh

You are a serious eediot for quoting the whole thing to say nothing.

12 Likes

Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by Dreyl(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Very bad...
Re: Survivors Of Kano Blast Narrate Ordeal by RichDad1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
bbpreye.:

^^^ what is this guy saying? Do u know d meaning of SMH?

Smh for you!
Sharaaap dia!!!! Don't try to be smart. If you're that bold,why did you modify your post? Mtshew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Those Things You Can Afford No Matter How Broke You Are? / Rainy Season Or Dry Season, Which Is Preferable To You / Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.