Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga (36412 Views)

Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. / Harmful Effects Of Taking Shisha / Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Ijawboi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
angelz: Why on earth r those folks consuming this mixture in d 1st place. What's d pleasure they get from it?
it is like coke?
Anyway, am a little confused here. There is a cough syrup with codeine meant for children, (not infants).
My older son was given at a time when his cough defiles all other cough syrup n d cough disappeared after a while.
if this codeine is bad, why make it with other substance for kids? l may have to google this to double sure. l will surely stay clear of it.
its only effective when taken in large quantities...
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Donsacalypse: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
M is the Doc this year
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by jasper7(m): 1:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
this tin no be joke o. lol. lil wayne is a mixture of syrup and wicked lines grin. if you take away the syrup, you have killed Tunechi already. angry
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by jidewin(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
aminho: We see a lot of American rappers drinking a liquid mixture in a white or red cup in their music videos.
That substance is known as ‘sizzurp’. Sizzurp is the combination of cough syrup with preferably candy and/or any soft drink. Cough syrup contains codeine and promethazine- the core ingredients in cough syrups.

Unfortunately a lot of impressionable young people have started taking the powerful mixture (sizzurp drinking is a growing fad among young people in Nigeria). Unknown to many, sizzurp is a mixture that can do more harm than good to your body.

YMCMB rapper Lil’ Wayne is currently recuperating at home after a near death experience caused from a large intake of sizzurp. His stomach had to be pumped three times to remove the sizzurp in his body.
While it might look glamourous on TV, sizzurp is very harmful and is something that should not be played
with. While Lil’ Wayne is lucky to be alive, others haven’t. Southern rap legend love-vendor C was found dead in his
hotel room after taking sizzurp. DJ Screw- the originator of the chopped and screwed sound- died from sizzurp complications.

Dangers of Sizzurp
1. Codeine causes itching, vomiting, and constipation.
2. Codeine can cause hypoventilation, a potentially fatal inability to breathe properly.
3. Promethazine can cause potentially deadly central nervous system depression and hypoventilation, extreme
weakness and drowsiness, and constipation.

The dangers of drinking sizzurp far outweighs the short-lived euphoria it gives. You only live
once (Mramshi!)

Thank you bruv.Tell them make dem hear.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by chukxie(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Trust naija we no dey carry last. Anything oyibo do we go copy and even best them. Don't be surprised to see hawkers hawking it for go-slow. 'Codeine, codeine here ! Who wan buy? Who wan high? Buy two cups get one jara !'
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Realest123(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
The rock5555: Nyc write up. Gud talk. But am stil waitin 4 lil wanye 2 release 'i am not a human being 2' before he dies. So tell him 2 do quick joor.

Erm its already leaked in short iGot the album already

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by nbright: 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
This past Christmas, I saw guys mixed 3 bottles of codeine, hollandia milk and vodka together in a big jug... They called it "super slow"... It was kind of frightening and at the same time funny to see them downing it as if they were drinking shai'e..
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by nbright: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
xtrafly: what about the gains of taking sizzurp? I'm sure they take it for a reason grin
As if M.I doesn't dope.... Dope has it's own side effects too.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by crackhouse(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Now i have known the dangers, what about the benefits?. Cos i am sure the rappers don't drink it for nothing.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by aminho(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
nbright: As if M.I doesn't dope.... Dope has it's own side effects too.
no he doesn't he only smokes
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by deols(f): 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
angelz: Why on earth r those folks consuming this mixture in d 1st place. What's d pleasure they get from it?
it is like coke?
Anyway, am a little confused here. There is a cough syrup with codeine meant for children, (not infants).
My older son was given at a time when his cough defiles all other cough syrup n d cough disappeared after a while.
if this codeine is bad, why make it with other substance for kids? l may have to google this to double sure. l will surely stay clear of it.

The codeine isnt d problem but its mixture with promethazine and especially when there is no need for it.

Op should have used sizzurp in d topic rather than codeine.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
When I see young boys taking that nonsense I feel sorry for their parents. sad
You see the silly students talking about 'slow mode' undecided
The high rate of codine intake has even led to a hike in the price of all syrups. undecided
I'm glad its usage has been banned in most lodges and hostels. angry
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Snippets(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Codeine comes in many forms and varies in Price(350 - 500). In ma Uni(abuja), Codeine is like pure water to boys.. U rarely see a dude that's not High on Bennylin with Codeine, Barcalin, Tutoline excluding other highness ish like eskay, Rocchi, Trammol, Baba blue.. The list is endless..

Buh Truth is, The sensation Codeine gives is Outta this World.. U can sit on a Chair for 7hrs straight without talking to anybody.. It slows the world down and takes Yo reasoning to another Dimension.. I Guess its a 4D dimension according to Physicists..

I aint advocating the intake, Am Just addressing y Homies like the ish..

Pharmacy don Turn Beer parlour

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by KingSadeeq(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
?
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by jutino(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abdul Adam56: I think that was what killed Goldie lipsrsealed
u must b an idiot for saying dis,u just want to comment becos people are commenting u better watch what u say Kid.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by caukerzee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
jasper7: this tin no be joke o. lol. lil wayne is a mixture of syrup and wicked lines grin. if you take away the syrup, you have killed Tunechi already. angry
But the syrup wants to kill him also....maybe he's ment to die anyway.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by qhiwegh(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
As the Great Lil Wayne hath said, "Only when the drugs are done, that I feel like dying."

With the reality of daily life in Nigeria being so grim and hopeless, do you want Nigerian youths to commit suicide or join Boko Haram instead? Silly people.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by tashanja(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
I am at home recovering from a very very bad cough, can't get any cough syrup with codeine which I need for it because its been banned in my area due rampamt abuse by teenagers.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by tonididdy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
i remember one day.at school when my roomates at AAU ordered a special cake from abuja.my god when the small cupcake styled demon cake arrived and they ate it,all for of them.my goodness come see madness...everybody in that offK hostel run leave them.they literarilly ran mad...me i run go benin before them bite or break my head.
NA from benin i come hear say them head don come down after doctor don inject them tire.the doctors bill that they was 15thousand naira...the doctor say NO DRUG FOR THIS WORLD WEY NOR DEY INSIDE THAY CAKE THAT DAY...name it from coke to igbo to hero...etc
codeine na nonsense for those boys na...on a normal dey they take MADMEN medications like the type they give madnen at psychiatric.just all in the name of I WAN HIGH
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by stupor(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have never tasted that poison !

The only cOdeine syrup i use tö take way back when I was a kid was 'Bennylin with codeine' and you dont use it while driving or reading !

Its been termed by its users as a depressant and can cause hypôtonic drowsiness !

It completely shuts down your brain and vetebrae,aiding the chemicals in it to breakdown what is known as 'Muccus' in your nose disallowing Oxygen to flow in which thereafter causes blòckages and coughs and if chronic can be very devastating !

Bennylin with codeine now rebranded as just'Bennylin' used to be a perfect remedy and it still is for soothening cough and sore throat attacks before NAFDAC pegged,banned and termed its abusive intake as ferrocious !

I have come in contact of users of cannabis several times and I have not seen too much of its adverse effects on its daily users like that of a user who takes codeine and I won't advise anyone to be doing codeine,its a cough syrup ! And it should only be taken at prescribed medical quantities !

Codeine is a controlled substance and pharmaceutical dispensaries declared it a banned subtance but its usage is only authoritively controlled !

Say nô to drug and its abuse !

Nice one M.I !
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by dapo338(m): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
[quote author=KingSadeeq]Codeine is very addictive, I know this because I spend about 700Naira on a daily basis to get high, I really need your advice Nlanders,I know its killing me slowly and I want to stop, but no matter how much I try, I still end up buying the next bottle I can lay my hands on....I even told my parents about this and they prayed and encouraged me to get rid of this addiction,but even as I'm typin this am already high on codeine. I need help. [/quote

Go see a Doctor, U really need help indeed.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by ojoawo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is M.I speaking from experience?
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by negbenebor(f): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
Pls take it serious,cos someone i know back then in secondary school died last year cos he drank it excess to celebrate with his friends.heard it slows one's heartbeat.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by oseiwe(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Erigga nid to read dis piece. The guy like bennylin and rephnol for evenin food. Even all d chemists stack cough syrup pass c0nd0ms nw.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by DrTony1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
it is like coke?

Codeine belongs to †ђε class of drugs called Opiods, just like most drugs opiods has many uses & adverse effects,
It can be used to treat cough(antitussive effect), reduce pain(analgesic effect) and a host of others. Its adverse has been listed by †ђε OP, †ђε main one to watch out for is †ђε respiratory & cardivascular depression all opiods(codeine) cause. You should continue giving to your child madam but only based on †ђε dose prescribed by your doctor, that why there is a dosing scheme in †ђε first place. †ђε adverse effect will mainly manifest at higher doses, so rather you need to watch †ђε dose & how long you administer it.
Also note that other drugs like Morphine, Heroine, pentazocine, tramadol also belong to this same class of drugs called OPIODS just like codeine, that's why †ђε can also produce euphoric effects as heroine & morphine due to its action on †ђε brain.
Thanks
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by oseiwe(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Realest123:

Erm its already leaked in short iGot the album already

Realest baba abeg knack me d link.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by nelxsantos(m): 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
9iz post sizzurp na dangerous sbtanc. Lol
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Koolwilly(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Codeine! When life seems to be on a Fast Lane you take a bottle to slow you down.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
take codine? I dey mad?...

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Costa2000(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
This my 1st time to hear that ppl take codine just to high.na waooooo.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Cation(m): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
Stop wetin? Codeine + Sk = inspiration.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by empexy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
it's the culture of our youths to emulate awkward things from the western world.
He who has ears, let him hear. #

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Gain Weight? / 35-Year-Old Man Electrocuted By Christmas Light Decorations In Delta (Photo) / She Throws Up After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.