Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga (36573 Views)

Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. / Harmful Effects Of Taking Shisha / Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by kingDavid5(m): 11:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
angelz: Why on earth r those folks consuming this mixture in d 1st place. What's d pleasure they get from it?
it is like coke?
Anyway, am a little confused here. There is a cough syrup with codeine meant for children, (not infants).
My older son was given at a time when his cough defiles all other cough syrup n d cough disappeared after a while.
if this codeine is bad, why make it with other substance for kids? l may have to google this to double sure. l will surely stay clear of it.

You son only takes a table spoon or two or maybe 2.5ml or 5ml maxxx... these guys consume minimum of 100ml(1 bottle) or two daily. Imagine what that dosage does to your son and imagine the danger of over dose!!! Your son is fine and ok just like every other kid as long as its within prescribed dosage so don't worry mom
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by simdam500(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
Benilin with codein
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by sweetgala(m): 2:16am On Mar 22, 2013
First I've ever heard of this in Naija
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by StevenJay01(m): 6:03am On Mar 22, 2013
I have no love for fools.kip on takin it dudes!!!!Wen u end up mad or dead,I will drop a flower @ ur grave

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by realwale: 7:40am On Mar 22, 2013
Information is power guys.

Went down with typhoid last friday and have been on drugs and herbs since. But I could not get rid of this bad cough that came with d illness,so I went to d nearest pharmacy to ask for d normal codeine I used to take anytime I have cough but instead d guy gave one May nd Baker type that did nt really contain codeine and it was even sold to me for N500. I have finished taking the whole bottle and yet the cough persists unlike d other codeine syrup that only two dosage and d cough is gone. I must say I have used dose codeine syrups several times for and they are actually powerful in treating cough and d danger is that it induces sleep and makes u feel high and I learnt it has long been banned in the north where young guys use it in lieu of hard drugs. I have actually seen a a yahoo boy in my area always mixing it with fayrouz at d bar anytime we are watching football but I hardly give it a second thought until.

Now I can't get d codeine to get rid of my nasty cough,I was about to go back to d pharmacist today and lambast him for giving me d wrong syrup. See wetin drug abuse and poverty dey cause.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Kingery: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mr man, i'm yet 2 see a cough syrup that contains promethazin...
Pls do you know of any brand?

I have seen on several occasions where military men gulp 2 bottles of Bennylin, Tutolin, Emzolyn, Parkalin (all codien) on a spot and gets "high"
If codein should ever be banned permanently then some of our Hausa brothers will die of Hypertension!

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Snippets: Codeine comes in many forms and varies in Price(350 - 500). In ma Uni(abuja), Codeine is like pure water to boys.. U rarely see a dude that's not High on Bennylin with Codeine, Barcalin, Tutoline excluding other highness ish like eskay, Rocchi, Trammol, Baba blue.. The list is endless..

Buh Truth is, The sensation Codeine gives is Outta this World.. U can sit on a Chair for 7hrs straight without talking to anybody.. It slows the world down and takes Yo reasoning to another Dimension.. I Guess its a 4D dimension according to Physicists..

I aint advocating the intake, Am Just addressing y Homies like the ish..

Pharmacy don Turn Beer parlour

No wonder Lil wizzy's lyricism is always so deep. No wonder he is not a human beans(sic). Oya who knows the REAL recipe for this sizzurp of a thing. Lemme sef feel the thing for once.
Lol @ the poster that wants lil wayne to release his album b4 he dies. U no even love the guy at all.
Tunechi!!!
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ijawboi: its only effective when taken in large quantities...

You mean defective?

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by dorggito1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Codeine!Used to take it inside d lecture hall way back in school with frds ;DCodeine!Used to take it inside d lecture hall way back in school with frds
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Cashio(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
xtrafly: what about the gains of taking sizzurp? I'm sure they take it for a reason grin
..no profitable reason bro.the drug is actually for cough but when taken in excess,it causes enough highing jst like alcohol and weed..so the exact reason why guys take it is merely to high
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by caukerzee(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Cashio: ..no profitable reason bro.the drug is actually for cough but when taken in excess,it causes enough highing jst like alcohol and weed..so the exact reason why guys take it is merely to high
Slow is the word for codine not High.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by LizB2K(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2013
thanks the chairman...u'av just fulfilled a social responsibility theory which is one of ur responsibilities to the society apart from ur music...thanks once again. It's ur boy B2K

Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nu'in me luv lyk codeine dude
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by slowhigh: 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
is it sweet?
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by caukerzee(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2016
slowhigh:
is it sweet?
Best trips ever
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by DoubleDee4U(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2017
DONT BLAME CODEINE SYRUP, BLAME THOSE ABUSE IT:

Codeine syrup is not a bad medicine when taken in normal recommended dose. But the abuse is what is causing problems and remains alarming till date. It is worse when taken with alcohol and/or other psychotropics.

Why do people mix high dosage of codeine syrup with tramadol + alcohol? Its crazy and insane. Some even mix Indian hemp + strong alcohol + tramadol + overly high dosage of codeine syrup and later, even, take smoke cigarette as icing on the cake.

Its crazy, stupid and largely uninformed to take more than necessary . We must discourage the midsets of those who abuse the medicine and inadvertently kill themselves slowly in the guise of "highness".

Such mixtures are dangerous to health. You are killing yourself slowiy.

So people should stop accusing codeine syrup as the culprit, NO!
Codeine syrup is very active against chesty stubborn cough. People need it in our pharmacies for good health.

Making codeine syrup scarce to find is antisocial, and capable worsening cough attacks.
Ordinary cough syrup in linctus or expectorant forms may not always be effective in curing serious, protracted chesty coughs as codeine syrup would.

Its worse that codeine syrup is now very expensive to buy by the common man with chesty cough, but to also make it scarce is worst of it that could be done against the innocent majority and humanity as a whole.

Also it is very imperative at this point to let you know that not all codeine syrups contains promethazine as claimed by a Nairalander.
Promethazine itself is an antihistamine which is used clinically for the temporary relief of coughs and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or the common cold. Further, prescription-strength promethazine combined with codeine cough syrup is legitimately used to treat allergies, bronchitis, the common cold, influenza, and sinusitis. The three main characteristics of promethazine include:
1. sedative effects
2. the ability to treat allergies
3. prevention or alleviation of nausea and vomiting (antiemetic)

So, its not the medicine that is a problem but those who abuse it by taking excess dossage or by mixing it with alcohol , Indian hemp etc just for the purpose of getting high. Its wrong.

Government and NGOs should establish rehabilitation centers to help those who wish to withdraw from addiction before making the codeine syrup out of reach else a lot of persons may die.
Re: Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga by DoubleDee4U(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2017
Cashio:
..no profitable reason bro.the drug is actually for cough but when taken in excess,it causes enough highing jst like alcohol and weed..so the exact reason why guys take it is merely to high

Please don't miss inform people. Sizzup or whatever its called is not the same thing as Codeine cough syrup.
Sizzup is a mixture of codeine cough syrup with promethazine and/or other substances. Sizzup is an abuse of drug itself.
Codeine cough syrup is a legitimate effective medicine formulation for strong chesty cough.
When taken in normal recommended dosage, codeine cough syrup is always very useful/helpful as far as chesty cough is concerned.
Are you aware that people sniff septic tanks to get high? So are you going to ban septic tanks in houses?

Let's do things right pls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / My Wife Addicted To Tramadol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.