Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? (10926 Views)

An Igboman Was Once An Oba In Benin Kingdom(how True Is That) / Stop The Celebration: The New NNPC MD Is From Delta Igbo And Not An Igboman / PDP Lagos Flagbearer Jimi Agbaje Picks An Igboman as His Running Mate- Ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 22, 2013
No disrespect to anyone but the guy looks more like Aqua Ibom. He definiteley squanders state resouces like Akpabio. Not too sure why anyone will want to claim him
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:59am On Mar 22, 2013
"Ondinba" might be a corrupt form of "Odinamba". Does anybody know what it means?
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 22, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: "Ondinba" might be a corrupt form of "Odinamba". Does anybody know what it means?
It's Ondimba
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2013
nwando:

Yes
Oluwole certificates and oluwole particulars will full ground
Original 419ers
Guess why it is called Oluwole and not Nnamdi or Musa
The originators of fakery,their product has to bear a name from the inventors grin

Juju needs no English name,what language is juju.........Yoruba
Babalawo ,their spiritual father needs no English name what language is Babalawo
Second hand fake cars are Tokunbo,
Bribery is egunje,invented by the chief bribery takers and receivers
Agbero another Yoruba name needing no interp from the agberos of Nigeria
Roforofo a popular Yoruba pastime has a Yoruba name in Nigeria
Magun Another Yoruba invention.while Innoson was manufacturing cars ,Yoruba was manufacturing magun in commercial quantities from their shrines grin grin grin
Ashewo nko,Yoruba,the inventors of ashawority
Evil white garment churches ,another Yoruba gift to the world aka Aladura ......Yoruba

Everything fake and every evil practice in Nigerian lexicon goes by a Yoruba name

The men of God using the pulpit as multi billion dollar enterprises to fleece innocent Nigerians and rob them in broad daylight, and acquire jets what is their tribe?..........as usual Yoruba

Let me hear your voice again,ode!
Even the popular word for stupid is Yoruba

Can anything good come out of you folks?

Ndi ofe mmanu! grin

1 Like

Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Sibrah: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2013
@nwando, Tokumbo = Okrika.

1 Like

Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Slapme(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
@nwando nwa nna ikaraaka, anu kporo nku na eju onu, atakata abo. Biaba ndi Yoruba itari tinye kwuo koboko. Nna you don finish this people them no know when them vampose for this thread Yoruba people sucks. You don whop their ass.

1 Like

Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by noiseless: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
I have observed how you love jumping into topics with dudgy bitterness, but let me remind you that this behaviour is very unlike Cameroun let alone the Doualas which you claimed as your tribe in Cameroun, Camerounians are very good people and they are not tribalists the way you sometimes try too hard to present yourself so you can feel among,true Camerounians think very well before they make any comment.

Stick with being a TRUE CAMEROUNIAN, i have to say this cos i have seen your desperation to feel among ignorant bunch of people on this forum, the day you posted a video and bragged about how you want the peaceful Bamilekes of Cameroun out of Douala, i could not help but to call you to order, you know that is so unlike Camerounians and you know it, maybe i'm more Camerounian than than you lol, cos i do represent cameroun better when the need arises

So please dont get carried away with this forum, by the way i mentioned Ahmadou Ahidjo and his policies during the nigeria/Biafra which he was not acting in the interest of the whole of Cameroun but in the interest of his nigerian hausa/fulani or fulbe as we would say in that great country with great people called Cameroun, so i wonder how you came up with the learning to be grateful thing mon cher frere?

Yes Ahidjo help his mbororo brother (yakubu gowon) to enforce the economic blockade in the Bakassi area against La Republique du Biafra, a policy that saw millions of people starved to death, and over eleven thousand children airlifted to Gabon by the government of Gabon where those children call their home now, the same way some were airlifted to Cote d'ivoir and Sao tome.

Anyway i think it would be better if i invite to a Camerounian forum where things are done in a proper way and this tribalistic forum, if it wasn't to challenge some of the too many lies which are on sale here, i wouldn't be here by now.

Bon nuit mon cher frere, i di go fo ma moyo.
CAMEROONPRIDE: if my former president created any situation It's welcome 4millions of your people in Cameroun despite being agaisnt the civil war/biafra he gave you guys a shelter and allowed you to do business. So don't talk about what you don't know and learn how to be grateful.
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
^ wow wow ....there are more Igbo in Cameroon anyway. BTW don't take the video out of context my friend lmao , I have never said someone should leave Douala , I'm not even Douala. grin grin
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by ibelieveu: 9:15am On May 07, 2013
inufele2:

Lies grin grin you need this post to try and repair your bruised ego better change it to this:
The only people that give you nightmares------ Yoruba
The only people that know how to whip ibos with koboko------ Yoruba
The only saviour ibos are looking forward to---- Yoruba
The only people ibos envied so much in Nigeria---- Yoruba
The only tribe ibos wish they can reincarnate to---- Yoruba
cool
dumb post
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 07, 2013
The only tribe where taboo is a norm -Yoruba. i.e. Wa joko Marriage(pregnancy b4 marriage)
I dey laugh!
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Obiagu1(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: "Ondinba" might be a corrupt form of "Odinamba". Does anybody know what it means?

It could be.
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by WilyWily: 2:58pm On May 11, 2015
mmmmmmmm
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by WilyWily: 3:09pm On May 11, 2015
[b]Biafra’s forgotten children
By Siji Jabbar and Atane Ofiaja on December 10, 2014 — The recent claim that Gabon’s president Ali Bongo is actually Nigerian has shone a spotlight on a subject not many were aware of, that of the children airlifted out of Biafra, and Nigeria, some never to be reunited with their families. Now they are adults.

Gabonese president Ali Bongo had to denounce the rumours that he was one of the lost children of Biafra after French writer Pierre Péan claimed he was adopted from Nigeria during the Nigerian Civil War. Ali Bongo is now suing the author.
Gabonese president Ali Bongo had to denounce the rumours that he was one of the lost children of Biafra after French writer Pierre Péan claimed he was adopted from Nigeria during the Nigerian Civil War. Ali Bongo is now suing the author.

In his latest book titled Nouvelle Affaires Africaine (New African Affairs), French writer Pierre Péan claims that Gabonese president, Ali Bongo is not actually from Gabon and that he is of Nigerian heritage. He claims that Ali Bongo was adopted from the secessionist state of Biafra during the bloody Nigerian Civil War by Omar Bongo, the now deceased previous Gabonese president and father of Ali Bongo.

Pierre Péan’s charge led Ali Bongo’s opposition to demand a DNA test from the president. Péan also claims that Bongo presented a forged birth certificate during the 2009 elections and that the elections were rigged, stating that the real winner was Andre Mba Obame.

Most of the children were airlifted to Gabon, Ivory Coast, and Sao Tome
Ali Bongo’s heritage and background has become a serious issue of contention for some, and has led to protests in Libreville over Bongo’s legitimacy as president. According to the Constitution of Gabon, no one born to foreign parents can be president. It should be clear that these are all unsubstantiated claims. Ali Bongo ascended to the presidency in the 2009 elections, following the death of his father Omar Bongo who was President of Gabon for almost 42 years.

The drama of Ali Bongo’s background is having an indirect effect. It brought the spotlight on an issue that many people (Nigerians included) aren’t aware of: the issue being the transport of children out of Biafra to other African countries during the Nigerian Civil war.

(Western coverage of the Nigerian Civil War began a trend in reporting of famines and wars in Africa that we are yet to be rid of: anonymous half-naked individuals with no voice of their own, weak and emaciated with hollowed-out features, kids with extended stomachs, etc.)

As part of the strategy taken against Biafra, Yakubu Gowon and the Nigerian military implemented a blockade that stopped food and medicine getting into Biafra. The Nigerian military government intended to starve Biafra into defeat. The blockade affected the most vulnerable: the elderly and children. Thousands of children died from starvation and malnutrition. At one point, an estimated 1,000 children were dying daily. In fact, visages of the war to the world outside of Biafra were images of heavily malnourished and distended bellies of kwashiorkor-stricken children. These images created a rallying cry for action and humanitarian relief.

Humanitarian relief efforts from Western Christian groups and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) became paramount for the survival of Biafrans. Empathetic groups coordinated and worked together to deliver food and medicine to Biafran civilians in an effort to save innocents, risking their own lives in the process. Many were cut down trying to circumvent the blockade enacted by Nigeria. These were clandestine flights and secret missions taken out in the darkness of night in an effort not to alert the Nigerian military. This was known as the Biafran Airlift.

While it is widely known that these humanitarian missions occurred, what isn’t as widely known is that many orphans and malnourished children were airlifted out of Biafra to relief camps in various African countries. Most of the children were airlifted to relief camps and feeding centers in Gabon, Ivory Coast, and Sao Tome. Many Biafran children were nourished back to health in these camps.

It’s a hot button issue the Nigerian government refuses to acknowledge or address
Sadly, following the war, the Yakubu Gowon administration did not take the steps to return these children back to their families. It was simply not a priority for the Nigerian government and their displacement is not discussed. It’s like it never happened. Displacement of the Igbo people from the war in general is not discussed. It’s a hot button issue the Nigerian government refuses to acknowledge or address, even today. Prior to the onset of the civil war, thousands of Igbos were killed in Anti-Igbo Pogroms across Northern Nigeria. Millions more fled, abandoning homes, businesses and employment in order to survive. They were all displaced. This was why Biafra wanted to secede from Nigeria.

The United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees (UNHCR) was able to identify 3,911 children who were airlifted out of Biafra. They were returned to their parents, surviving relatives and foster families in the event that no blood relatives remained.

Despite the herculean efforts by the UNHCR, there are still scores of children unaccounted for. In addition, the identity and complete numbers of children who died in the relief camps, those who were abandoned in their host countries and those who were too young to identify themselves is not actually known. To date, many Igbo families don’t know what became of their children or if they even survived.

echezona1

The US based non-profit group Igbo League has undertaken the task of identifying and, if possible, reuniting these children – who are all adults now – with their loved ones. The project is known as the Echezona Project. The Echezona Project aims to identify all parties involved in the Biafra Airlift program in order to create a database of all the children taken to relief camps. Their goal is to cross-examine their compiled database with the UNHCR’s database of the children who were returned to their families. In addition, locating burial sites of children who did not survive in the relief camps is also part of the agenda, so that DNA analysis can be conducted in order to at least bring some closure to many families.

It’s like it never happened
While the Igbo League is a fine and noble organization, in an ideal world a non-profit should not be leading the movement to reunite these children (now adults) with their families, Nigeria should. Like many things in Nigeria, the government has failed to address issues affecting its own citizens. Those who don’t learn from the mistakes of the past are bound to repeat them. Is Nigeria learning? Will Nigeria remember Biafra’s forgotten children? Probably not in this lifetime. Lest we forget, it was a Nigerian government that tried to starve them all to death in the first place. Acknowledging the existence of the forgotten Biafran children would mean that the Nigerian government would have to acknowledge her war crimes as well.[/b]
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Eshinwaju: 4:02pm On May 11, 2015
cfours:
yes I have a Gabonese acquaintance and from the way he speaks horribly about the ibos in his country, i'm 100% certain that no Gabonese in his/her right mind will allow such a thing to happen.
of course ibos r always claiming themselves as rulers and lord over everyone. even when it makes them look like foolish clowns. methinks its a psychological coping mechanism for their insecurity.

iboes always trying to claim....real inferiority go kill them... grin Gabonese man is now iiboe even d Gabonese friends that I have are complaining about iboes.... grin
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Eshinwaju: 5:43pm On May 11, 2015
nwando:

They have very poor hygiene generally speaking
I have met a few here that smell also
The women can wear one pant for one month
You see how their grandmas open their wrapper in the streets to re-tie it
Take a look at the shimi underneath
Laden with dorty
I have nightmares thinking about how their women young and old stand in street corners to pee pee in open view without shame
Small time they will start fighting and calling each other names and tear their clothes
Tufia
When you hear these Yorubas talk about Igbos,it is so funny,the people are so backward and bush

I don't start ish,but when they start bad mouthing us,they will hear from me,nobody has a monopoly of stereotypes.There is enough to go around.

Nwando no dey carry last.
Not my portion

hoeosisi.........is dat u.... grin
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by tonytony208(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2015
nonsom:
Igbos are great, they can do anything. God loves Igbos so much, and has promised to make them a great nation.

How come you were defeated by Nigeria duringnthe civil war? From time immemorial, anyone God supports always win wars. How come your case is different? Or is your ascertion empty as usual?
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by tonytony208(m): 12:03am On May 12, 2015
nwando:

Yes
Oluwole certificates and oluwole particulars will full ground
Original 419ers
Guess why it is called Oluwole and not Nnamdi or Musa
The originators of fakery,their product has to bear a name from the inventors grin

Juju needs no English name,what language is juju.........Yoruba
Babalawo ,their spiritual father needs no English name what language is Babalawo
Second hand fake cars are Tokunbo,
Bribery is egunje,invented by the chief bribery takers and receivers
Agbero another Yoruba name needing no interp from the agberos of Nigeria
Roforofo a popular Yoruba pastime has a Yoruba name in Nigeria
Magun Another Yoruba invention.while Innoson was manufacturing cars ,Yoruba was manufacturing magun in commercial quantities from their shrines grin grin grin
Ashewo nko,Yoruba,the inventors of ashawority
Evil white garment churches ,another Yoruba gift to the world aka Aladura ......Yoruba

Everything fake and every evil practice in Nigerian lexicon goes by a Yoruba name

The men of God using the pulpit as multi billion dollar enterprises to fleece innocent Nigerians and rob them in broad daylight, and acquire jets what is their tribe?..........as usual Yoruba

Let me hear your voice again,ode!
Even the popular word for stupid is Yoruba

Can anything good come out of you folks?

Madam ward mmaid , you have started again, abi? That was how you were giving fake !medical advice on another thread the other day. The medical advice you gave was fake, we know of many aba made products that are fake. Your fight against dr. Ariyo and your threats turned out to be fake and empty. Even you, you are so fake to the extent you couldn't pass your nursing exams. The four Nigerians killed for drug pushing the other day were Igbo's. We learnt that some more would still be killed and they are all Igbo's. You claim Yoruba's do juju. What of okija shrine? Is it Holy Mass you people celebrate there? One of your blodas, clifford orji was exposed sometoms ago. Arw you saying what clifford orji was doing was not evil? So, where did you get that steupid thing you bolded in your thoughtless comment? Madam nairaland area woman, don't you have meaningful things to spend your time on?
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by tonytony208(m): 12:10am On May 12, 2015
noiseless:
You forgort to add their YAHOO YAHOO Yorubas.
how come you are not also remembering your drug-pushing blodas in Malaysia? How come you left out Clifford orji? How come you left out the thieves among you like okadigbo, stella-oduah, et all? Why do you love to deceive yourself?!
Re: Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? by Nobody: 3:10am On May 12, 2015
556:

This am proud of and you know why? Because it shows we are the pioneers, we lead and every other followed.

The first sky scrapper in Nigeria is in south west.

The first T.V. station in Nigeria is located in southwest.

The first woman to drive a car? southwest.

The first and the only Nobel prize winner? southwest

The first newspaper? Southwest.

The first professor in Nigeria? southwest.

The first secondary school in Nigeria? southwest.

We are the FIRST, hence every other names are derived from Yoruba.
First and probably the best in everything then but how far now?

You guys can retain the "prestigious" first in everything while the Igbos are taking over and becoming the best in everything. Aturu mmee undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Osoba Returns To APC / Confirmation Of Buhari’s Nominees Stalls In Senate / Reno Omokri Congratulates Jonathan At 62: "Under The Sun & Rain I Will Be There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.