Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City (12153 Views)

Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 / I Am The Jesus Of Nigerian Music - Jesse Jagz / Fire In Chocolate City: M.i Scared Of Ice Prince Taking D Spotlight From Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by segzicres(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
i think it's a good thing tho....jesse has been @ the background for too long abeg!!
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
LesbianBoy: Dude has no singing talent abeg! He was the flop among the 4 of them. am sure the chocolate city guys signed him in the first place because he is M.I's brother! He is a fantastic producer though, he should just stick to that!
if u dn't know music abeg jst shut up..4 ur info,he was d best rapper in dat label....
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
chelseabmw: does this news really concern us?
so which news concern us?the news of someone who dies or how boko haram killed so many people is the only news that concern us?u be mumu

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
I dnt know naija artist wahala with record label...dnt dey learn from dos foreign artists??so many artists are under dr dre's label e.g eminem,rihana etc..and wen dey felt dat oh!I naw have enof money 2 run a label dey al started and yet dey didn't leave d oda label..lady gaga is in konvicts music and she also has her own label..nicki minaj is in ymcmb and she has her own record label 2 infact she signed 1 nigerian 2 her label last year...so I dnt know wat dia problem is wit labels..wel,maybe d system is dfrnt 4rm d foreign own sha..
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by vicade(m): 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Tragic

Jesse Jagz was the best rapper and producer in choc city. Sad they didnt push him the way they did MI and ICE PRINCE.

If you listened to his last album,Jag of all Trades, you will understand this guy is supreme talent. I think he has the same problem as sound sultan, both are talented but dont have the acceptability among youths of today for reasons i dont know. Sound Sultans last album,Back from the Future was also a classic. Guess it as an image problem rather than a talent problem.

Tragic once again. I hope he does well on his own. Jargo,Wetin Dey, Nobody Test me,My brother and so on were just too good. That album was dropped in 2010 by d way. 3 years ago.
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by mikuz(m): 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
chelseabmw: does this news really concern us?

Get a life first. Then you can be able to find out if it concerns us or not!
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by mikuz(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fussbot: if u dn't know music abeg jst shut up..4 ur info,he was d best rapper in dat label....

Which label?
I bet you aint refering to Chocolate City sha . . .
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by nonysmith(m): 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who is d buzu calling jessy jags last album a flop...it sold man and I loved every bit of it...kai pple just condemn without getting der facts correct...his contract expired and he does not want to renww na crime or na by force to renew contract...shoo
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Blackteeth(m): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jesse Jagz's first album was a masterpiece to me. Thats the only Nigerian album I will give 5 star. Its not really about rapping or singing. This guy knows how to churn out pleasant sounds. He is a talented MUSICIAN and not just a rapper or singer.
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
mikuz:

Which label?
I bet you aint refering to Chocolate City sha . . .
un!un!na miliki city I dey talk...pls dnt argue with me if u didn't buy his album...
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by DisGuy: 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
vicade: Tragic

Jesse Jagz was the best rapper and producer in choc city. Sad they didnt push him the way they did MI and ICE PRINCE.

If you listened to his last album,Jag of all Trades, you will understand this guy is supreme talent. I think he has the same problem as sound sultan, both are talented but dont have the acceptability among youths of today for reasons i dont know. Sound Sultans last album,Back from the Future was also a classic. Guess it as an image problem rather than a talent problem.

Tragic once again. I hope he does well on his own. Jargo,Wetin Dey, Nobody Test me,My brother and so on were just too good. That album was dropped in 2010 by d way. 3 years ago.

commercial sells over any 'deep' talent anoter thing is your market, some people just dont fit the popular list, they have specific market those that appreciate their music will always go for their concerts and albums but wont get popular list

dancey, catchy phrase are the in thing, like someone said last year, nigerian music fans are not the most sophisticated, they are not hard to please [no be me talk am oooo]
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by mercato: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jag of all trades was a classic album. All d best Jesse
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by erabe(m): 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
Its jesse jagz baby! Ja knows, imma murder dem!!
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by mikuz(m): 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fussbot: un!un!na miliki city I dey talk...pls dnt argue with me if u didn't buy his album...
Of course,
Why should I argue with you? Jesse is not only the best rapper in Chocolate City,he remains the best rapper to come out of Africa. Someone who's better than M.I deserves to be known as African rapper number oNe!
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by owobaba201: 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
god will c him thru.visit my page on facebook.CHOKRIZ ENTERTAINMENT FANPAGE.ITS THE BOMB
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
mikuz: Of course,
Why should I argue with you? Jesse is not only the best rapper in Chocolate City,he remains the best rapper to come out of Africa. Someone who's better than M.I deserves to be known as African rapper number oNe!
lwkm..so u also believe m.I is rili d best rapper in africaguy go and check out...hhp,a.k.a and l-tido...and about jesse..I tink we can argue about him wen he drops his next album..den u'l kno wat talent is al about...
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by kabaka1: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
[size=20pt]Chai, Why Are Nigerian Music Artistes Behaving Like This? Does it mean that everyone wants to be the Chairman of A Record Label? Gosh... Stay and Grow with the one you're and people will still like you and your songs OR if you quit a record label to another, will it change your vibes?. The most painful one is that of Wizkid who has Left EME - But I Still Like Him Anyways.

Anyways, I still like Jesse's Speech as he said he won't create his own Label. - Jago/Wetin dey... Noni[/size]

Artistes starting their own label is all a business decision 2 keep more money n better control their affairs in d industry. Eg, imagine when u're signed to a record label, any income u make from eg ur album or concerts, u take about 50% and the record company u're signed to takes 50% depending on ur contract with d record company, but if u have ur own label and as the boss every revenue/income u make, u keep all 100% of it. If na u, what would u choose, to keep 50% or 100%?
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by mikuz(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fussbot: lwkm..so u also believe m.I is rili d best rapper in africaguy go and check out...hhp,a.k.a and l-tido...and about jesse..I tink we can argue about him wen he drops his next album..den u'l kno wat talent is al about...

It's debatable for you to claim that M.I is the best rapper in Africa: but it's gonna be absolutely ridiculous to postulate that Jesse is the best in the continent, no true hiphop head will take you serious. Besides those guys you mentioned up there are not even better than Proverbs. Brings me to justiably say that like Cassie - You have a long way to go!
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by jadakiss213(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
mikuz:

It's debatable for you to claim that M.I is the best rapper in Africa: but it's gonna be absolutely ridiculous to postulate that Jesse is the best in the continent, no true hiphop head will take you serious. Besides those guys you mentioned up there are not even better than Proverbs. Brings me to justiably say that like Cassie - You have a long way to go!
Hehe...Jesse Jagz is the Greatest!--MI Abaga
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by ngnetbiz: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
nuelkaosi: yes it does dear

F**k Chocolate city,jagz,MI,and the self acclaimed prince...and if you wanna be down down with chocolate city,f**k you too.

Get a job,get a life and rep your hood to all my real n**gaz
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by ikmuan(m): 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
[quote author=LesbianBoy]Dude has no singing talent abeg! He was the flop among the 4 of them. am sure the chocolate city guys signed him in the first place because he is M.I's brother! He is a fantastic producer though, he should just stick to that! [/quot

Ɣ☺u sure don't KϞ0w who Jesse į̸̸̨§ to av compared him wit †ђε odas i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђε group. M.I į̸̸̨§ a 'Lil' bit better dan Jesse ąЙd̶̲̥̅̊ i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ most cases, I prefer Jesse to M.I,jus Ƌ̲̣̣̣̥α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ M.I has got †ђε anointing ąЙd̶̲̥̅̊ he į̸̸̨§ favoured but for †ђε oda 2(ice prince ąЙd̶̲̥̅̊ brymo)Jesse į̸̸̨§ far better dan dem.Pick Jesse's album 'jagz of all trade'ąЙd̶̲̥̅̊ listen to †ђε followin tracks,den Ɣ☺u Ѡill KϞ0w Ƌ̲̣̣̣̥α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ †ђε guy į̸̸̨§ hot. *Jesse swag* The Greatest* Jargo*Wetin dey*pussy cat*j
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
jadakiss213: Hehe...Jesse Jagz is the Greatest!--MI Abaga
u just said my mind I swear,I was about 2 tel him dat..bt I did nt get d link 2 d interview cus it's bin long he said it...who even knows maybe jesse writes most of his lyrics 4 him
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Fussbot: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
mikuz:

I think jadakiss has answered u...dat's all
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by koolkamzzy(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
like seriously i use to think Jesse Jagz and MI co-own Chocolate City Record shocked shocked shocked shocked

means i have been jonzing for long
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by nanaboi(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
If u eva appreciated:
Nas
Lauryn Hill
Common
Busta Rhymes (not his hit tracks, rili, bt his philosophical craze)
Raykwon (Don't knw if I spelt it right)
Talib Kweli

Then u probabli know wat Jesse's skillz r about. But if u don't know rap enough 2 grasp those artistes I jst listed (& their likes), then u r NOT qualitied to rate Jesse Jagz.

Onli sht is that, jst like those names I listed, Jesse may neva b mainstream enuff 2 M.I u up, or Olamide u down. Wat matters @ the end of the day is whetha or not he's kool with the (small) number of fans who can actually comprehend his style enuff 2 like him.

Those of us with an eclectic taste in music r down 4 wateva tho. Just let it come out gud @ the end of the day, Jesse.
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by ItsUncleDee(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
[size=20pt]Chai, Why Are Nigerian Music Artistes Behaving Like This? Does it mean that everyone wants to be the Chairman of A Record Label? Gosh... Stay and Grow with the one you're and people will still like you and your songs OR if you quit a record label to another, will it change your vibes?. The most painful one is that of Wizkid who has Left EME - But I Still Like Him Anyways.

Anyways, I still like Jesse's Speech as he said he won't create his own Label. - Jago/Wetin dey... Noni[/size]
calm down bro...u enlarge ur comment so dat we go lyk am abi
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by ItsUncleDee(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Slimceezy:

Thank God someone else did, thought it was just me. Track 12 was my favorite though. The dude's so brilliant and talented, wish him well.

It's a pity Naija celebrate mediocrity, they just wonna dance, no one cares 'bout the message the artist is passing. What is kukere ??!
kukere means DONT WORRY
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by WizPrince1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
32-D:

[size=16pt]STAY SERVING UR BOSS 4EVER EVEN IF U HAVE THE ABILITY TO START UR OWN EMPIRE...dnt we all hope 2 get to a point of professional independence?[/size]
ITS GOOD TO QUIT BUT THIS IS MUSIC, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT HE BROUGHT YOU UP.- But His Case of Quiting is Good because the 2 years he signed has elapsed.
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by WizPrince1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
ItsUncleDee: calm down bro...u enlarge ur comment so dat we go lyk am abi
Funny Boy...lol *wink*
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
May D leaves Square records
D'Banj leaves Mohits records
Wizkid leaves EME records
Jesse Jagz leaves Chocolate City records

Oya, who's next? grin grin
Re: Jesse Jagz Quits Chocolate City by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sina Rambo leaves HKN records? tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full. Download: Adele 21 Album Zip / Banky W : Naija's R&b Sensation / Guy Pls I Need A Site Where I Can Download N9ja Mp3 Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.