Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? (789 Views)

Poll: Can Nigeria ever have uninterrupted power supply?

Yes it is possible: 58% (7 votes)
Nope: 41% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / 9 Industrial Cities To Enjoy Uninterrupted Power Supply From 2013 - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by CrazyMan(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2008
As we all know that the power sector in Nigeria is as good as dead; and the senate has decided to give Nigerians some piece of hope be probing them.

But the issue here is why is it that the law-abiding citizens of this country grope in the dark, patiently waiting for the day when there would be light, the leaders are busy fraudulently getting enriched and seem to turn a deaf ear on the cry of the masses. It is now evident that all the promise of "Light for all by 2010" is a laughable objective.

Even the common man in this county has no hope of securing a small scale business because after looking at the kind of budget he would make, adding the price of diesel to that budget would make him lose hope.

Question is can Nigeria ever have uninterrupted power supply?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by donchichi: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2008
Where there is money, there is a way
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by EloSela(f): 11:24am On Mar 28, 2008
I think industries like power supply should be privatised as it is glaringly obvious, in this day and age, that the Nigerian government are highly incapable.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by finestboy2(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2008
I don't think Nigeria can experience uninterrupted power supply not in a million years.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by gbolah1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2008
Nigeria can wetness uninterrupted power supply if Mr president is ready to safe us from this

First award the contract to the company that as done such work in another country with a pass mark, and let him realised that any disappointment after paying them all what they require may lead them to something hells, and all airs should be on them, and there most be a specific date quoted by that particular contractor to finish the job, and if he fail to do it then we should make sure he face the consequence

The reason why all the past administration effort is not yielding is that they award the contract as Paddy Paddy contract
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by dblock(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2008
If the Government cared, then there definitely would be uninterrupted power supply.

There is still corruption inherent in the Government.

That is the issue.

The resources and brains are in the country, we just need a government that cares.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by nwajinka: 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2008
Are u still talking about curruption in Naija, haba! It is still what we are battle with, everyboby in this country is currupt in one way or the other. In my area at Nnewi 4 2week now we have being in darkness. Please give me a break 4 naija.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by EmekaNaija(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
Yes , Nigeria can experience uninterrupted power supply. It is currently experiencing it in my dreams.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2008
dblock:

If the Government cared, then there definitely would be uninterrupted power supply.

There is still corruption inherent in the Government.
That is the issue.

The resources and brains are in the country, we just need a government that cares.

WHAT?? After almost a year of rule of law?? There is still corruption inherent in the Government in Nigeria shocked shocked
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by dblock(m): 4:38am On Mar 30, 2008
Yes there is still corruption.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by kattie(f): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2008
Hmm with the way darkness is i don't think it would be possible for us to experience uninterrupted power supply
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by champredd(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
Where there is a will there is a way.

If private sector participation is encouraged and supported.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by felong(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hmm I can't say
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? by coolier(f): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2008
no.

(1) (Reply)

Still On "repacked Yaradua". How Long Can He Continue As President Of Nigeria? / Age Discrimination In Nigeria. / Bode George: What A Man Could Not Do: Farida Has Done It Effortlessly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.