Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? (2888 Views)

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Seriously Contemplating A Divorce / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:14am On Mar 21, 2013
A friend told me that whenever she looks at her challenges in life, she feels like committing suicide and one also said that whenever he looks at himself in the mirror, he feels like killing himself because he has so many acne scars on his face. Then I remember I have also had to resist such odious suicidal thoughts once in a while.

First, how can one deal with acne permanently? Especially when you have tried all medications and all supposed natural methods without any solution?
Second, how can one grow facial hairs to cover scars on the side of one's face?

Also, have you ever found yourself contemplating committing suicide? And how can one stop such unplesant thoughts?
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by baby124: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2013
Suicide because of acne scars? What should people who have real health issues and life challenges do? Surely there is more to life for you than the superficial. Get a hobby or something. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:29am On Mar 21, 2013
I understand how terrible acne could make one's life especially a young person. I becomes difficult to walk freely, to socialize, to speak confidently without thinking about what others thinks about one's marred look. But how can one actually deal with the stigma acne brings and not have suicidal thoughts?
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by baby124: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2013
Get help with a trained psychologist. Besides its not the end of the world. There are ways to eliminate acne scars these days. If you have the money. If you have a problem, look for the solution. Don't just give up. Anyone that doesn't accept you, that should be their own problem really. But you have to love yourself first. How bad is it? And how old are you? You may just be having unnecessary body image issues.

1 Like

Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2013
baby_123: Suicide because of acne scars? What should people who have real health issues and life challenges do? Surely there is more to life for you than the superficial. Get a hobby or something. SMH.
I understand your point but acne is also a serious health issue especially when it is tending to being chronic. It could lead to psychological imbalance, inferiority complex, low self esteem and so on and for a young person, these are not to be taken lightly.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:37am On Mar 21, 2013
baby_123: Get help with a trained psychologist. Besides its not the end of the world. There are ways to eliminate acne scars these days. If you have the money. If you have a problem, look for the solution. Don't just give up. Anyone that doesn't accept you, that should be their own problem really. But you have to love yourself first. How bad is it? And how old are you? You may just be having unnecessary body image issues.

That's a nice and great response from you. I will tell him the same. It's really bad, roughly 20 scars on both sides of the face if I'm not mistaken. In his twenties.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by baby124: 12:47am On Mar 21, 2013
Tell him not to pick the acne. Get acidiophylus (if that's the correct spelling) to increase the good bacteria in his body. Take it as directed on the bottle. When he is doing this, he should try to be on a veggie and fruit diet. Maybe for a week. Then he can start reintroducing other foods to see which foods trigger the acne. He should also reduce all hormonal food intake and stick to skim milk. Acne can be cause by hormones or bacteria. Also, water is very important. Take 8-10 8oz glasses a day! Most important, don't pick at the acne. It causes scars and spreads when he does. He should leave it alone. Using natural rose water as a toner after cleansing also helps. Find a good facial cleanser and lotion that is oil free and non comedogenic. Eg, aveeno. He should look into cosmetic procedures to reduce or eliminate the scars. I wish him luck.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
baby_123: Tell him not to pick the acne. Get acidiophylus (if that's the correct spelling) to increase the good bacteria in his body. Take it as directed on the bottle. When he is doing this, he should try to be on a veggie and fruit diet. Maybe for a week. Then he can start reintroducing other foods to see which foods trigger the acne. He should also reduce all hormonal food intake and stick to skim milk. Acne can be cause by hormones or bacteria. Also, water is very important. Take 8-10 8oz glasses a day! Most important, don't pick at the acne. It causes scars and spreads when he does. He should leave it alone. Using natural rose water as a toner after cleansing also helps. Find a good facial cleanser and lotion that is oil free and non comedogenic. Eg, aveeno. He should look into cosmetic procedures to reduce or eliminate the scars. I wish him luck.
He's tried virtually everything you advised. But, thanks a lot and your advice is well appreciated.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by baby124: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
My Vicky:
He's tried virtually everything you advised. But, thanks a lot and your advice is well appreciated.

Then i dont know what else to advise other than a psychologist. Really, its his choice to feel how he wants to feel. After all my research sha tongue
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
The acne would go when he gets laid more often

1 Like

Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by biolabee(m): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: The acne would go when he gets laid more often

kolo undecided tongue grin
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:50am On Mar 22, 2013
biolabee:

kolo undecided tongue grin
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
dayokanu: The acne would go when he gets laid more often
Are you serious?
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by slimyem: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sucidal thoughts over acne?It can't be that bad.
Has he been nicknamed or rechristened pimple yet?A friend in school had his name with "pimple" as a suffix because it was tooo much on his face.They were like boils.The first and only thing you see when you see him but he didn't die and isn't planning to anytime soon cool
I don't believe acne is the problem.There must be some other underlying issue your friend's not telling you about.
Either way,he needs professional help-health and psychological.
Get his parents aware of the situation before he ends it.undecided
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
slimyem: Sucidal thoughts over acne?It can't be that bad.
Has he been nicknamed or rechristened pimple yet?A friend in school had his name with "pimple" as a suffix because it was tooo much on his face.They were like boils.The first and only thing you see when you see him but he didn't die and isn't planning to anytime soon cool
I don't believe acne is the problem.There must be some other underlying issue your friend's not telling you about.
Noted
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: Sucidal thoughts over acne?It can't be that bad.
Acne is the problem. Thanks for the contribution
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by obowunmi(m): 3:49am On Mar 25, 2013
Suicide is a problem for people when they feel lonely and have no one to express their truest feelings to. Nigeria particularly is a place where the voices of young people are oppressed, repressed, and suppressed.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by obowunmi(m): 3:50am On Mar 25, 2013
You often have no way of dealing with certain life experiences as you go thru them. Many people are going thru psychological bondage and trauma. There is no shrink, psychological help, or psychiatrist.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
obowunmi: Suicide is a problem for people when they feel lonely and have no one to express their truest feelings to. Nigeria particularly is a place where the voices of young people are oppressed, repressed, and suppressed.
This is another way to look at the problem but there must be a solution somewhere.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by Winneygirl(f): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Well, I undrstd d insecurity felt if U're not confident abt Ur looks.
I'd recommend increased intake of water, fruits and vegetables, better hygiene, good ventillation..
Then maybe natural stuff like use of black soap (there was a thread of recent by mrskincare on black soap)...

I thnk U shld look into his background..Wat kind of home is he from? Broken? Stable? Unloved??

D acne is a problem to him, but it is not 'THE' problem.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
obowunmi: You often have no way of dealing with certain life experiences as you go thru them. Many people are going thru psychological bondage and trauma. There is no shrink, psychological help, or psychiatrist.
You are right about this.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
Winneygirl: Well, I undrstd d insecurity felt if U're not confident abt Ur looks.
I'd recommend increased intake of water, fruits and vegetables, better hygiene, good ventillation..
Then maybe natural stuff like use of black soap (there was a thread of recent by mrskincare on black soap)...

I thnk U shld look into his background..Wat kind of home is he from? Broken? Stable? Unloved??

D acne is a problem to him, but it is not 'THE' problem.
Thanks for the contribution
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 3:20am On Mar 28, 2013
My Vicky:
Thanks for the contribution
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 28, 2013
My Vicky: A friend told me that whenever she looks at her challenges in life, she feels like committing suicide and one also said that whenever he looks at himself in the mirror, he feels like killing himself because he has so many acne scars on his face. Then I remember I have also had to resist such odious suicidal thoughts once in a while.

First, how can one deal with acne permanently? Especially when you have tried all medications and all supposed natural methods without any solution?
Second, how can one grow facial hairs to cover scars on the side of one's face?

Also, have you ever found yourself contemplating committing suicide? And how can one stop such unplesant thoughts?

Bro, I'd recommend The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. He wanted to commit suicide too. Would be of immense help.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 1:50am On Mar 29, 2013
Richfella:

Bro, I'd recommend The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. He wanted to commit suicide too. Would be of immense help.
Thanks
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
My Vicky:
Thanks
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by 7842I: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
My Vicky:
This is another way to look at the problem but there must be a solution somewhere.

Solution? Buy a strong rope and hang it on your ceiling fan hook, then hang a dog or goat on it and watch the effects.......
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2013
7842I:

Solution? Buy a strong rope and hang it on your ceiling fan hook, then hang a dog or goat on it and watch the effects.......
This is a joke right?
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by obowunmi(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Find a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi: Find a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist.
Thanks.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by Pataki: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Suicidal over acne? Sounds ludicrous, but my work with mental patients some years back has made me to see far worse than the ludicrous.

Your friend needs a friend or group of positive thinkers around him/her. Even psychological drugs cannot take away the suicide, it will only suppress the suicidal thoughts and feelings for a short while.

Your friend craves for acceptance, and feels the acne is an hindrance to be socially accepted. If you truly value your friend, introduce him more into the community. Let him have a sense of acceptance for what he can do to his/her community rather for what he looks like before he can be accepted into the community.
Re: Help: How To Stop Contemplating Suicidal Thoughts? by MyVicky: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pataki: Suicidal over acne? Sounds ludicrous, but my work with mental patients some years back has made me to see far worse than the ludicrous.

Your friend needs a friend or group of positive thinkers around him/her. Even psychological drugs cannot take away the suicide, it will only suppress the suicidal thoughts and feelings for a short while.

Your friend craves for acceptance, and feels the acne is an hindrance to be socially accepted. If you truly value your friend, introduce him more into the community. Let him have a sense of acceptance for what he can do to his/her community rather for what he looks like before he can be accepted into the community.
This sounds so true but I don't really know how to go about it. Thanks for the great input.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make A Good Husband / Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children / Reasons Why You Should Stop Taking Artificial Sexual Enhancers Or Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.