Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Seriously Contemplating A Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seriously Contemplating A Divorce (25033 Views)

Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by NNEKA2015: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Have been married for 6 years to a pilot and we have have three kids my marriage isn't working anymore , there is no love or trust in the marriage again, my husband gets angry at the slightest thing i do and then goes out drinking and and doesn't come back to sleep in the house until i have gone to work. He only says he loves me when he wants to sleep with me , he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food and now that i am not improving in making love. he showers me with gift once in a while but claims i don't make him happy, i have tried and tried but he is never pleased, I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him but at the same time i can't take it anymore and neither can he as well. please married or divorced women advice me on what to do i can't concentrate at work , i know he loves me and i feel something for him but i can't continue like this. please i need sincere advice on what to do.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 11, 2012
@ OP , sit him down and have a heart to heart conversation.tell him his attitude has changed towards you, tell him you try your best to make him and his kids happy.ask him why the change,don't just rush to leave him because of his change in attitude. Try and make him  the importance of a happy home for your kidS.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
My dear, this is not the time to start thinking of divorce, this is the time to work and pray.

Two important statements you made in your post, and based on this, I think u shldnt contemplate divorce,

"I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him"
your kids still need their father,(especially if they are still very young). taking dem away from their father may affect them negatively for the rest of their lives.

"i know he loves me and i feel something for him"
There is still something there btw u two, he loves you and u feel something for him.

Your marriage need a spark, you have to work at it, prayers would help greatly, but you need to make some physical efforts like taking care of the areas he pointed out, "he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food,.......improving in making love"

Marriage is not a bed of roses, we all have our issues and crosses to bear, divorce is not the answer!

I wish you all the best as you take steps to bring back the spark into your marriage!

9 Likes

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by feminineA: 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
I so much agree with peaceheartt. Divorce isn't d way forward. You need to calm down and think of a better approach to get your man back. Two things should keep you going. His love n ur kids. You also need to be prayerful you guyz have drifted apart and the reason of your union practically forgotten.
You have to fight back. Sit down and talk about it. Improve the communication btw you two. Let him know about the rejection and how you want things to be in the failure. I believe sucess is all round. Make ur marrige succeed.

Communicate very important
Pray without season there are so many vultures out there ready to snatch ur man
Make things work
Don't be rigid be flexible. Variety is d spice of life. Spice up ur sex life,
It is well.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by EfemenaXY: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
NNEKA2015: Have been married for 6 years to a pilot with Arik Air and we have have three kids my marriage isn't working anymore , there is no love or trust in the marriage again, my husband gets angry at the slightest thing i do and then goes out drinking and and doesn't come back to sleep in the house until i have gone to work. He only says he loves me when he wants to sleep with me , he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food and now that i am not improving in making love. he showers me with gift once in a while but claims i don't make him happy, i have tried and tried but he is never pleased, I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him but at the same time i can't take it anymore and neither can he as well. please married or divorced women advice me on what to do i can't concentrate at work , i know he loves me and i feel something for him but i can't continue like this. please i need sincere advice on what to do.[color=#990000][/color]
(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post)

My dear, I feel for you - but remember, no marriage is easy. It takes a lot of hard work and understanding on the part of both parties to make a go of it.

Like others have mentioned, I would advise sitting him down to get to the root of the problems at hand. Depending on where you're based, you might also want to book a couple of sessions with a good Marriage Counsellor. In the absence of that, you might also want to enlist the help of an elderly member of the family whom you both hold in high esteem and trust.

As long as there's no violence involved, I would advocate you roll up your sleeves and and get "stuck in" - to work out your issues, especially for the sake of your children. Remember also that a good marriage involves compromise on the part of both spouses. It's all about give and take. Pay attention to what he has to say. I know that with kids, it's all too easy for us ladies to "let ourselves go". But take heart, chin up and don't give up so quickly on your man.

Hope this helps and Best of Luck!

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
Where are members of the "My marriage is better than yours" Posse when you need them?
Hope they are not still in the easter holiday mood? grin

OP,
Communication is the key to the success of your marriage.
If you can come here and talk with a bunch of faceless individuals,what stops you talking with your husband.
Ask your hubby why he gets so angry and try to make amends.
On the other hand talk to him about what he does wrong and try to make him also amend his ways.
Remember you have got three kids between you and the future of these kids is very important.
You don not want your kids growing up with out a father figure,or do you?
Since you still love him and you are sure he loves you-I think you know the right thing to do.
Six years of marriage is not six days.
Word is enough for the wise.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by knowledge4(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
Many of us go through or have gone through such storms in marriage.
Please, kill the thought of divorce in your heart.It is not the answer to the problem and never an answer anywhere.
Divorce will worsen the matter for you and your children.
Marriage is full of storms,never a bed of roses.Yet it is the most unique of human relationships.Smooth& rough edges,sweet &bitter moments.You have sweet memories of the marriage.Why worry over a bitter moment?Its a temporal thing,it will pass away.
You will overcome the problems if you can be patient.
He may be going through some problems.
Find out from him what he is going through and help him.That is your duty as his wife.
You are his helpmeet in marriage and this is the time to play your roles as a helpmate.
Being a helpmeet means to help, project, motivate,uplift and to promote your husband.
It means to provide or support him with prayers, sex, meals, counsel,solace,comfort,hospitality,housekeeping and financial assistance.
Are you not a christian? Have you been praying? it is time you arise and pray to God for a change in his behavior.A drinking habit and nights outside the matrimonial home are recipe for disaster.Look for Bimbo Odukoya's book titled 'Woman,Fight For Your Marriage'.
All the issues a woman should fight against are already manifestations in your marriage.Fight spiritually through prayers,not physical.
You are married.Divorce is not allowed (Malachi 2:16)(1 Corinthians 7:10-11)(Romans 7:1-3).stay married and face the challenges looking unto Jesus Christ,the author and finisher of our faith.Dont look at the problem,look for God in the problem.
As I always advise,please seek counsel in the counselling unit of a bible believing ministry.
6 years is too early to complain and think of running away.As long as your life is not in danger,please be at peace.
I am 15 years in marriage,have a daughter aged 14 and i have weathered horrible storms.As it is now,i cannot think of seperating from my wife,or divorcing her for any reason,no matter her misbehavior.For my daughter's sake too.I made up my mind to stay married to one woman and make the marriage work.You have to make the marriage work.Happy marriages dont just happen.You make it happen by working it.
Always consider your babies interests as paramount in any decision you take in marriage.
The storms or stress in marriage makes one stronger if you can stand against them by God's grace and prayers.The key to your victory is in your hand already(Matthew 16:19).Use it.
That is my sincere christain advice for you based on Scripture(The Bible).

8 Likes

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
My dear, i don't think your hubby does not love you i think he has a picture of what he wants his wife to be or look like, sometimes it is realistic while majority of the times, it is very unrealistic.

we all as human beings have expectations of others, and that is why we stress so much on those things that do not really matter and focus on vain things.
I will want you to do away with the thoughts of leaving your hubby, this problem can be really handled. He complains about the way you look, what do you wear that is so offensive to him?, how do you look that he does not like?, how comfortable are you with your own looks?, your hair what do you do to them? you might think you are trying your best to make things work by doing all the wrong things, How sociable are you?, too sociable or too timid? Your cooking, i don't know how to advice you on that, i don't know if it is too much salt or too much pepper, or too much oil?? Sex!!! that one, every married woman, has to be a sophisticated LovePeddler in bed, i don't care how you do it, you have to learn all the bed tactics ever, (can you know all? mbanu!! but you will be pretty good).

Your hubby, is seeing other women and wives and probably comparing and contrasting. (for people with over bogus eyes, i don't mean having an affair oooo, i mean to look, see, ( what are those synonyms gan sef?) ).
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
ronkebp: My dear, i don't think your hubby does not love you i think he has a picture of what he wants his wife to be or look like, sometimes it is realistic while majority of the times, it is very unrealistic.

we all as human beings have expectations of others, and that is why we stress so much on those things that do not really matter and focus on vain things.
I will want you to do away with the thoughts of leaving your hubby, this problem can be really handled. He complains about the way you look, what do you wear that is so offensive to him?, how do you look that he does not like?, how comfortable are you with your own looks?, your hair what do you do to them? you might think you are trying your best to make things work by doing all the wrong things, How sociable are you?, too sociable or too timid? Your cooking, i don't know how to advice you on that, i don't know if it is too much salt or too much pepper, or too much oil?? Sex!!! that one, every married woman, has to be a sophisticated LovePeddler in bed, i don't care how you do it, you have to learn all the bed tactics ever, (can you know all? mbanu!! but you will be pretty good).

Your hubby, is seeing other women and wives and probably comparing and contrasting.

Here We go again.
How did you come to this conclusion?
So apart from being a solicitor ,you are also a psychologist?
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by feminineA: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
Thanks knowledge4 that was a good advise.
Pls and pls ignore any any1 advocating that your husband is having extra marital affair. He is innocent until proven guilty and from your post all you guyz need is communicate better, be sensitive to each others needs and desires, pray more (praying together works believe me),and love each other more.

Pls a word or caution sieve all the advise you will get on this site and pick ONLY the ones that will help your marriage
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
Richvkunt: [/color]

Here We go again.

when did "seeing"" become having an affair? i meant to see women outside, in his office, in the church, in the market, social gathering, to "look" at other women and other people's wives.........

I DON'T MEAN HAVING AN AFFAIR, I REPEAT.....DID NOT MEAN HAVING AN AFFAIR................ABEG!!!!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
ronkebp: My dear, i don't think your hubby does not love you i think he has a picture of what he wants his wife to be or look like, sometimes it is realistic while majority of the times, it is very unrealistic.

Your hubby, is seeing other women and wives and probably comparing and contrasting.

Richvkunt: [/color]

Here We go again.

ronkebp:

when did "seeing"" become having an affair? i meant to see women outside, in his office, in the church, in the market, social gathering, to "look" at other women and other people's wives.........

I DON'T MEAN HAVING AN AFFAIR, I REPEAT.....DID NOT MEAN HAVING AN AFFAIR................ABEG!!!!

Please learn to compose your posts properly so that people reading can comprehend what your are saying.
Glad you clarified your post,because from your antecedents on this forum people might misunderstand you.
By the way,how were the holidays?
grin
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
Richvkunt:

Please learn to compose your posts properly so that people reading can comprehend what your are saying.
Glad you clarified your post,because from your antecedents on this forum people might misunderstand you.
By the way,how were the holidays?
grin

SOUR-BELLE, WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO READ THE POST WELL, especially when it is coming from RONKEBP, if it was from Agiboma, "it would be...Agy, you are so right".....hypocrisy, will not allow you to know the difference between "seeing"" and having "an affair", if he was, i would have clearly stated.....''your hubby is having an affiar"...am sure you did not see the " women and other wives" after the 'seeing"..........hummm?!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
I dont think this is enough reason for a divorce
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
feminine A: Thanks knowledge4 that was a good advise.
Pls and pls ignore any any1 advocating that your husband is having extra marital affair. He is innocent until proven guilty a[/b]nd from your post all you guyz need is communicate better, be sensitive to each others needs and desires, pray more (praying together works believe me),and love each other more.

Pls a word or caution sieve all the advise you will get on this site and pick ONLY the ones that will help your marriage

[b]Ronke,
Here is some one else who could not comprehend your poor composition too.
. grin

ronkebp:

SOUR-BELLE, WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO READ THE POST WELL, especially when it is coming from RONKEBP, if it was from Agiboma, "it would be...Agy, you are so right".....hypocrisy, will not allow you to know the difference between "seeing"" and having "an affair", if he was, i would have clearly stated.....''your hubby is having an affiar"...am sure you did not see the " women and other wives" after the 'seeing"..........hummm?!
[quote author=ronkebp]

Ahh-Ronkus baby,
You know I don't hate you.
I only disagree on your view points on marriage.
By the way agiboma is in a bad relationship that is improving-she needs the encouragement of every one of us as long as we are all part of the family forum!
You know I come in peace!
grin grin grin
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Johndoe100(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
Can someone please help me out. I must have been away from this board for a long time. By now cabal members should be here advising this poster on the best ways to "kick her yeye husband to the kerb" and rid herself of any man who does'nt worship her.
What happened? Am I too early? A woman being advised to stick with her husband, here? Wow I am impressed.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Tgirl4real(f): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
peaceheartt: My dear, this is not the time to start thinking of divorce, this is the time to work and pray.

Two important statements you made in your post, and based on this, I think u shldnt contemplate divorce,

"I don't want my kids to grow without their father because they are just getting to know him"
your kids still need their father,(especially if they are still very young). taking dem away from their father may affect them negatively for the rest of their lives.

"i know he loves me and i feel something for him"
There is still something there btw u two, he loves you and u feel something for him.

Your marriage need a spark, you have to work at it, prayers would help greatly, but you need to make some physical efforts like taking care of the areas he pointed out, "he complains about everything from my , shoes ,dress to my hair , my food,.......improving in making love"

Marriage is not a bed of roses, we all have our issues and crosses to bear, divorce is not the answer!

I wish you all the best as you take steps to bring back the spark into your marriage!

In addition to what Peaceheartt posted,

I think its a phase you guys are passing through now. It could also be that your hubby has a new distraction. May be another woman is getting his attention. Hopefully it will pass soon. Just keep doing what you do, give it some time and let see how it goes.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Tgirl4real(f): 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Johndoe100: Can someone please help me out. I must have been away from this board for a long time. By now cabal members should be here advising this poster on the best ways to "kick her yeye husband to the kerb" and rid herself of any man who does'nt worship her.
What happened? Am I too early? A woman being advised to stick with her husband, here? Wow I am impressed.

lol. take it easy naaa . . . sad

It could be that the sensible people are the ones around now grin grin
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
Richvkunt:

Ronke,
Here is some one else who could not comprehend your poor composition too.
. grin

Too bad you guys, you both do not know the difference between "seeing" and having "an affair" that part i cannot fix, if i meant that, would not have put "wives" too, well everybody can"t understand "meaning of meanings"

Carry yourself to One corner Richy, with your protruding bellysmiley.....if you are not hating on CC's post, it is Jennykadrys' or the 'cabal"....when will you recover from the stress the cabals are giving you?
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
Johndoe100: Can someone please help me out. I must have been away from this board for a long time. By now cabal members should be here advising this poster on the best ways to "kick her yeye husband to the kerb" and rid herself of any man who does'nt worship her.

Another Agbaya has surfaced!!!
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2012

Actually they are around,watching and waiting for the appropriate time to come in with their vile advice.
Recently most people have found them out for their Divorce! Divorce!! divorce!!! kind of advise.
Most of the women with problems are becoming more sensible and understanding that NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT.
Did you see the speed with which cabal member ronkebp retracted her original post when people took her up.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Too bad you guys, you both do not know the difference between "seeing" and having "an affair" that part i cannot fix, if i meant that, would not have put "wives" too, well everybody can"t understand "meaning of meanings"

Carry yourself to One corner Richy, with your protruding bellysmiley.....if you are not hating on CC's post, it is Jennykadrys' or the 'cabal"....when will you recover from the stress the cabals are giving you?

Ronkus baby,
Are you trying to call on your members for help?
Maybe they can not hear you...call out more.
I will oppose you people until you learn to be tolerant of other women who find themselves in difficult marriages and REFUSE to take your advise to DIVORCE their husbands.
I even recall you Ronke, advising a poor impressionable woman to BURN down her husbands house!
Is this the kind of advise a woman should give a fellow woman?

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
Richvkunt:

Actually they are around,watching and waiting for the appropriate time to come in with their vile advice.
Recently most people have found them out for their Divorce! Divorce!! divorce!!! kind of advise.
Most of the women with problems are becoming more sensible and understanding that NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT.
Did you see the speed with which cabal member ronkebp retracted her original post when people took her up.

Really ? Richy?? Really?? " retracted my original post??.....please go back to my original post and read...the 5th line of that post.

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by ronkebp(f): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
Richvkunt:

Ronkus baby,
Are you trying to call on your members for help?
Maybe they can not hear you...call out more.
I will oppose you people until you learn to be tolerant of other women who find themselves in difficult marriages and REFUSE to take your advise to DIVORCE their husbands.
I even recall you Ronke, advising a poor impressionable woman to BURN down her husbands house!
Is this the kind of advise a woman should give a fellow woman?

My dear.....there is no limit to the havoc, i can cause, that is the truth.....no niggar wants to see my bad side. We all have our places, a husband has his, a wife has hers' and if women are trying to enjoy their marraiges in peace and being wise, knowing the dos' and donts' of a marraige...in your register and has become a cabal member?...then so be it.!!! i don't give 2.5 poo about what anyone thinks.

If i build a house with a man, using my resorces and my time, and after a few years, decides to throw me and the kids out, because of another woman, HE IS SO NOT GONNA HAVE THAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.He will have to start all over again with that woman. and that is TRUE-STORY.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Tgirl4real(f): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
Guys,

abeg make una take it sofry o before we turn this thread to anoda tongue bashing episode

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by neyostica: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Op, divorce him, dont die in d name of mariage, life is too short, find sometin that will make u happy or find anoda man
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by NNEKA2015: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
May God Almighty continue to bless all of you that have responded to this post , i have learnt a lot from all of you.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Tgirl4real(f): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
ronkebp:

My dear.....there is no limit to the havoc, i can cause, that is the truth.....no niggar wants to see my bad side. We all have our places, a husband has his, a wife has hers' and if women are trying to enjoy their marraiges in peace and being wise, knowing the dos' and donts' of a marraige...in your register and has become a cabal member?...then so be it.!!! i don't give 2.5 poo about what anyone thinks.

If i build a house with a man, using my resorces and my time, and after a few years, decides to throw me and the kids out, because of another woman, HE IS SO NOT GONNA HAVE THAT HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.He will have to start all over again with that woman. and that is TRUE-STORY.

Ronke,
Talk is cheap!!!
Me and you know all this your talk is empty air,however the people I am scared for are the poor impressionable ladies/women who are currently in unstable relationships who will read what you are writing and believing it as gospel truth goes out and stupidly burns down her husbands house.
The law against arson is still existing o! shocked
A word is enough for the wise.
shocked

1 Like

Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by Celyt(f): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
In addition to what Richy,Knowledge04 and Ronke have said, i think you should find out what your husband really want you to do for him during lovemaking. Talk to him more during lovemaking, he may initially refuse to say anything,just continue to cajole him,pamper him,he may open up to you. He is the man you married,you don't have to be shy doing the "dirty talks" while making love, and be flexible in bed,also guide his hands to where you want him to touch you,the equation should be balanced nah wink
Please don't ever think of divorce over these issues,its not the solution at all.
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by neyostica: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
@ronke pls what will you do o
Re: Seriously Contemplating A Divorce by tasandra: 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
sweety,did u say,he doesnt like the way u dress?and he comment on ur food 2?ok,why not sit down and think on hw to improve....in that area,instead of divorce,i blv ur baby boi s bord...why not try and spice thins up...by bein sexy 4 him?learn new food, smileysometimes take the kids,to any of ur family...and be alone wit him winktell him hw much he s hansome..tell him all those good thins,u use to tell him..gurl, did u say,u still make luv?which means,he want u to light his fire...by bein his chic again.buy him gift 2..wear sexy thins in the house,wen ever he s home smileybe sexy 4 him all the time,,,u will see that,he wnt go drinkin again. ;Dall the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo / My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.